Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 859715 times)

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1290 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:19 PM »
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:19 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1291 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:20 PM »
iveson will destroy lbj in a game of 1on1

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #1292 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:22 PM »
LBJ or Jordan ...... both great, transcendent players in their respective eras.

Can't really compare and choose between the two now, since LBJ is still playing ..... and no one knows what his peak will be - what further accomplishments and milestones he'll achieve.  

I wasn't a big Jordan fan growing up (followed the CELTICS/PISTONS during the early 80's) ..... but I completely recognize the hoops greatness of the man ..... Jordan is the greatest player.

Now, if there's any current player who has a legitimate shot at taking that "greatest player" tag ..... it's Lebron James.

When Lebron James finishes his career ...... it'll probably be clear by then, on who's the better of the two.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1293 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:23 PM »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1294 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:25 PM »

Basketball?  Baka tongits bro.  Ala na ginagawa si Iverson ngayon natuto na mag tong its.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:26 PM by mattia »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1295 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:30 PM »
Basketball?  Baka tongits bro.  Ala na ginagawa si Iverson ngayon natuto na mag tong its.

tongits amp..  :D ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1296 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:35 PM »
tongits amp..  :D ;D

Sayang Iverson.  I love that guy.  Another player I used to watch was Steve Francis.  Sayang.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #1297 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:52 PM »
2012-13 NBA Pre-Season schedule available HERE.

Looking forward to seeing this guy in action - in purple & gold (bad pose IMO though):

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 at 03:54 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1298 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 04:25 PM »
lots of good NBA retro games on this youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/nbaretrohd

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 939
« Reply #1299 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 04:33 PM »
Sacrilege naman ata I-compare ng ganitong kaaga si LBJ Kay MJ. Still too much to prove for LBJ. One ring vs 6? When fans talk about these players iba iba ang measurement natin ng greatness but whenever these superstars of the game talk about each other their yardstick of greatness is still the number of rings and the contributions that one made to get those rings..... nothing else.  

Kaya lahat sila bow kay Bill Russel eh. The guy's got more rings than he can wear. Iba respeto ng NBA player sa kanya.

Just watch TNT basketball...kahit anong kulit ni Barkley pag hiniritan na sya ni Kenny Smith about rings tahimik sya bigla. Minsan talagang below the belt eh like "why? Have you been in a championship team?"
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1300 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 04:42 PM »

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1301 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 04:52 PM »
Sacrilege naman ata I-compare ng ganitong kaaga si LBJ Kay MJ. Still too much to prove for LBJ. One ring vs 6? When fans talk about these players iba iba ang measurement natin ng greatness but whenever these superstars of the game talk about each other their yardstick of greatness is still the number of rings and the contributions that one made to get those rings..... nothing else.  

Kaya lahat sila bow kay Bill Russel eh. The guy's got more rings than he can wear. Iba respeto ng NBA player sa kanya.

Just watch TNT basketball...kahit anong kulit ni Barkley pag hiniritan na sya ni Kenny Smith about rings tahimik sya bigla. Minsan talagang below the belt eh like "why? Have you been in a championship team?"

Comparing players from different era's will always be difficult if not impossible, because even technology may play a part in it.  Better shoes? better sports medicine for faster recovery rate? better basketball court quality?  Who knows what other factors should be considered.  Michael Jordan is "arguably" the greatest player of all time.  Die hard Magic fans will disagree, maybe even die hard wilt chamberlain fans would disagree.  They might even say, can Lebron score 100 points?  Bill Russel is hands down the most successful, until someone can beat 11 rings.  So the greatest of all time tag should be left to the Hall of fame folks, kasi lahat sila tapos na ang career.  Maybe when LBJ's career is over, he has achieved what nobody else has and will have earned the mythical title of GOAT.

Bottomline, LBJ is the greatest of today's NBA, MJ was the greatest of his.  Just an opinion.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1302 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 05:41 PM »
jordan not the goat-john salley

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1303 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 08:33 PM »
Sa totoo lang, I think this comparison between MJ and LBJ is pure nonsense.  And a great injustice to Lebron.  We are not being fair to the guy.  Bakit kamo?  We are comparing individual talents here pagkatapos sasamahan natin ng titles.  How many titles have they won or how many rings?  Sa akin, it's wrong because titles are won by team play and not individuals.  Titles are won by 5 players, not 1 and Jordan is only 1 player, I am sure about that.  I am also sure that without Pippen, Rodman, Longley, Kerr then Jordan will have ZERO TITLES.  Same as Lebron without Wade, Bosh, etc.  Paulit ulit ko sinasabi kung titles papagusapan, mas magaling si Russell or even si Horry kay Michael Jordan.  But it's not true, right?  So let's get the titles out of the way.

Pangalawa, dapat when we compare players, it should be apples to apples.  Meaning, we compare a Shooting Guard to a Shooting Guard, PG to a PG, Center to Center.  Si Kobe at si Jordan, pwedeng pwede pareho silang SG.  Yan, pagtalunan nyo until you're black and blue.  Pero Jordan and Lebron?  Kobe and Lebron?  Hindi pwede kasi nga si MJ at Kobe are pure Shooting Guards.  Si Lebron can play ALL POSITIONS.  He is a PG, SG, PF, SF, Center all rolled into one and excels in all.    E hindi naman kaya ni MJ at Kobe to play all positions, much more Center.   Now, if MJ had the ability to play all positions, then and only then can we compare him to LBJ.  But right now, sorry there is no point of comparison whatsoever. 

So to whom do we compare Lebron?  There lies the problem because Lebron is a unique and a complex player.  One of a kind. Let's stop comparing Jordan to Lebron or any other player that is not in the mold like LBJ because it's not fair to Lebron.  Lebron, to my mind, is a player beyond comparison because he is, to date, the most multi dimensional player of all time, never before seen in the NBA.  And he is yet to peak!

Meantime, let's just be thankful to the basketball gods for giving us a player like Lebron in our generation who will treat us with his extraordinary skills and different brand of basketball. 

it's not an injustice naman kung sasamahan mo ng titles pag pinag uusapan na yuung "greatest player" kasi play offs is where you separate the big boys.of course naman basketball is a team game,pag tinanggal mo yung mga teammates ni jordan e hindi talaga sya mananalo kung mag isa lang sya.kaya jordan is considered the greatest kasi is alam naman ng buong mundo that jordan is the heart and soul of the bulls before,the opponent knows it but still they could'nt stop him,and jordan made his teammates better by being unselfish and knowing when to pass.kaya there were doubts about kobe kasi he is not the main man during his first 3 championships.in miami's case there were questions who is the main man,is it wade or lebron?i'm definitely sure there is no question who is the main man in chicago's entire championship seasons.
also when comparing who is the greatest you also consider not only the skills and physical attributes but also the heart and the basketball smarts.kung sa physique mas lamang talaga si lebron pero pagdating sa talent,leadership and smarts i'd say mas lamang si jordan.
so who do you compare lebron?there is one players who you can compare a multi dimentional lebron and that is magic johnson,who in his rookie season led the lakers to a championship by starting at center position,playing forward and guard during the game 6 of the championship game against the sixers.can lebron do that in a championship game?
you are right that lebron can play in all position but to say that he excels in all?kailangan excel talaga yung word? ;D

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1304 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 08:51 PM »

Here's a hypothetical question :  If you were a coach and you have the opportunity to get 1 player for your team, who would it be?  Kobe, Lebron or Jordan?

jordan,no questions there.he didn't have the luxury of a dominant center,didn't have to join 2 best players to win championships.best of all he won't quit on his team rather he waited for the right time.you just surround him good quality role players and he will do the rest.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1305 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 08:59 PM »
pero sa totoo lang kung gustong kumita ng NBA o ni David Stern ng limpak limpak na salapi....Miami vs Lakers dapat sa Finals hehehehe

Usapang MAFIA yata yan sir,... hehehe
Which is very common in Las Vegas, hindi ko lang ala kung napasok na ang NBA,..  ;D

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1306 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:01 PM »

Sadly, ang daming superstar ang hindi nakatikim ng championship ring talaga,...
and that will haunt them forever, parang natapos ang career mo ng kulang,..

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1307 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:03 PM »

Sa takbuhan siguro,...  ;D

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1308 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:26 PM »
1on 1 whole court...iverson will destroy kingjames...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1309 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:28 PM »
Sacrilege naman ata I-compare ng ganitong kaaga si LBJ Kay MJ.

Hindi lang sacrilegious but downright unfair for LBJ.  Hindi sya swak i compare dahil nga Jordan is a SG and Lebron plays all positions. So paano nga ang point of comparison kung sino ang mas magaling sa kanila?  Ngayon kung si Jordan nga ay tulad ni LBJ na pwedeng mag PG at SG, tapos pwede ring pumorma bilang PF or SF at puwede rin mag Centro, yan pwede tayong mag compare.  But the fact of the matter is, NO.  So kahit baligtarin natin ang mga laptop natin at computer, hindi talaga pwede I compare si Airness kay LBJ dahil nga si LBJ is one of a kind, and IMO is a player beyond compare.  The closest I can think of is Magic Johnson who can play center too but minsan lang nya ginawa yun nung mapilantod si Jabbar.  So ala talaga.

But if we really insist in doing the comparison, lagyan naman natin ng common ground.  Hindi pwede sabihin natin mas magaling si MJ dahil may 6 rings sya tapos si LBJ 1 pa lang e tapos na ang career ni MJ si LBJ kalakasan pa eh.  May nag suggest kanina antayin na lang matapos yun career ni LBJ bago i compare kay MJ.  To me that is an intelligent suggestion.  May logic dahil by then we can say who achieved more and who had most impact in the game. May solid basis na yun.  But now it's way too early.  Jordan retired at 38 years old.  LBJ is only 28. So mga sampung taon pa!

Pero para sa mga atat na atat, I have another suggestion.  Let's match accomplishments by age.  To me that's the most accurate and best way to cut a common ground.  And let's take it from there as Lebron ages.  Pwede ba yun?

Round 1 :  27 Years Old - LBJ vs MJ

Career Regular Season Stats at 27 Years of Age
Player    Points    Assists    Rebounds    Steals    Blocks
LeBron    19,045    4,751    4,932    1,194    582
Jordan    14,016    2,565    2,694    1,189    465

Career Playoff Stats at 27 Years of Age
Player    Points    Assists    Rebounds    Steals    Blocks
LeBron    3,275    772                998    195           109
Jordan    1,896    355                368    135            53

Career Awards and Accomplishments at 27 Years of Age
Player    ROY    A.S. MVP    All-NBA    All-NBA Def    DPOY    MVP    Finals MVP    Conf. Titles    NBA Rings
LeBron    1    2    8       4                 0                   3              1           3          1
Jordan    1    1    5       3                 1                      1              0           0          0

source : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1228796-lebron-james-is-flat-out-better-than-michael-jordan-at-27-years-of-age

Round 2 :  Age 28  

Almost a tie because both won their first ever Championship Trophy.  But stats wise, lamang ulit Lebron.  And after the 2012 Olympics Lebron again added the following accolades to his feather :  First player to ever post a triple double in an olympic basketball game. And has most points combined in all his games played, besting everyone else since 1992.

So for Rounds 1 & 2, we can see that Lebron owns His Airness, and was clearly the GOAT at ages 27 & 28.

However, "Jordanytes" know what happened after Jordan's first title.  He went on a winning rampage year after year, claiming 5 more rings, more scoring titles and more MVPs.  Can LBJ do that?  Maybe yes, maybe not.  But when these guys were 27 and 28 years old, Lebron trumps his Airness as the stats would show.  Age 29 maybe a different story. Or not.  Let's wait and compare again.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1310 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:32 PM »
Pampalipas ng NBA offseason boredom....

#NBARANK

ESPN.com and the TrueHoop Network are ranking every NBA player -- and counting them down on Twitter (@NBAonESPN), from No. 500 to No. 1. As the rankings are announced, you can also find them here on the pages of ESPN.com.

We are starting by running through the "first" 100 players on August 17, and thereafter we will count them down one at a time on Twitter, for several weeks.

We asked 104 experts to rate each player on a 0-to-10 scale, in terms of "the current quality of each player."

Congrats Eddy Curry!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8246986/2012-nba-player-rankings-401-500

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1311 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 09:49 PM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1292757-london-2012-dwayne-wade-answers-if-miami-heat-can-beat-lakers-with-howard

Dwayne Wade answers if the 2012 USA Team can beat the original 1992 Dream Team.  And how the Miami Heat can take on the new look Lakers ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1312 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:17 PM »

;D  ;D  ;D

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1313 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM »

lol is this even serious?

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1314 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM »

Pero para sa mga atat na atat, I have another suggestion.  Let's match accomplishments by age.  To me that's the most accurate and best way to cut a common ground.  And let's take it from there as Lebron ages.  Pwede ba yun?

nope. at age 27 lbj has played more seasons and more games than michael. it's really the first 9 seasons wherein james won his first ring.

eto tanggalin muna sa equation ang titles at personal stats lang ang pagbasehan

In his rookie year, Michael Jordan led his team in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals.
In his rookie year, LeBron James led his team in scoring, and steals.

Michael Jordan scored in double digits in all but one game as a Chicago Bull out of 1,109 total games. LeBron James has 9 single digit scoring performances already.   

Jordan was the first player in NBA history to lead the league in both scoring and steals. He achieved this feat three times. The only other player to do it is Allen Iverson.

Jordan was the first player in NBA history to record 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season. He performed this feat in back-to-back seasons, making him the only player to achieve it multiple times.

Defensive player of the year awards
Jordan: 1
LeBron: 0

Seasons over 100 blocks:
Jordan: 2

Seasons over 200 steals:
Jordan: 6

Seasons over 150 steals:
Jordan: 9
LeBron: 1

Steals titles
Michael Jordan: 3
LeBron James: 0

First 9 REG. Season:
Lebron:
27.6 Points
7.1 Rebounds
6.9 Assists
48 FG
74 FT

Micheal Jordan:
32.3 Points
6.3 Rebounds
5.9 Assists
51 %FG
84 FT

Post Season First 9 Years:
Lebron:
28.0 Points
8.3 Rebounds
6.9 Assists
46 FG
75 FT

Micheal Jordan:
34.7 Points
6.7 Rebounds
7.0 Assists
50% FG
83FT

Now Accomplishments:
LeBron through 9 seasons: 3 MVP's, 3 Finals appearances, 1 Champioship Title, 1 scoring title

Jordan through 9 seasons: 3 MVP's, 3x Champion, 3 Finals MVP's, 7 scoring titles, 3 steals titles, 1 Defensive Player of the Year Award

MJ steals-blocks first 9 seasons(* lead league in steals):
84-85: 196- 69
85-86: 37-21 (played 18 games)
86-87: 236- 125
87-88: 259- 131 *
88-89: 234- 65
89-90: 227- 54*
90-91: 223- 83
91-92: 182- 75
92-93: 221- 61*
Even in Washington (age 38 and 39)
01-02: 85- 26
02-03: 123- 39

LeBrons career steals-blocks (* lead league in steals)
03-04: 130- 58
04-05: 177- 52
05-06: 123- 66
06-07: 125-55
07-08: 138- 81
08-09: 137- 93
09-10: 125-77
10-11: 124- 50
11-12: 115- 50

and after MJ's 9th season he chose to retire  ;D

**compiled from the internet

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1315 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM »

Oo nga sir, whole court na takbuhan panalo si Iverson talaga,...  ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1316 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM »
lol is this even serious?

check his previous posts and you'll get your answer.  ;)

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1317 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM »
check his previous posts and you'll get your answer.  ;)

bente uno raw ang laro dahil hindi kagalingan si lebron sa free throw  :D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1318 on: Aug 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM »
bente uno raw ang laro dahil hindi kagalingan si lebron sa free throw  :D

hindi kagalingan sa free throw? meron sagot dyan ang Lebron James Defense Force! ;D

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1319 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 02:00 AM »
this is a much better comparison imo than the first one na age ang basis.. mas may sense..  ;D

nope. at age 27 lbj has played more seasons and more games than michael. it's really the first 9 seasons wherein james won his first ring.

eto tanggalin muna sa equation ang titles at personal stats lang ang pagbasehan

In his rookie year, Michael Jordan led his team in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals.
In his rookie year, LeBron James led his team in scoring, and steals.

Michael Jordan scored in double digits in all but one game as a Chicago Bull out of 1,109 total games. LeBron James has 9 single digit scoring performances already.   

Jordan was the first player in NBA history to lead the league in both scoring and steals. He achieved this feat three times. The only other player to do it is Allen Iverson.

Jordan was the first player in NBA history to record 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season. He performed this feat in back-to-back seasons, making him the only player to achieve it multiple times.

Defensive player of the year awards
Jordan: 1

Seasons over 100 blocks:
Jordan: 2

Seasons over 200 steals:
Jordan: 6

Seasons over 150 steals:
Jordan: 9
LeBron: 1

Steals titles
Michael Jordan: 3
LeBron James: 0

First 9 REG. Season:
Lebron:
27.6 Points
7.1 Rebounds
6.9 Assists
48 FG
74 FT

Micheal Jordan:
32.3 Points
6.3 Rebounds
5.9 Assists
51 %FG
84 FT

Post Season First 9 Years:
Lebron:
28.0 Points
8.3 Rebounds
6.9 Assists
46 FG
75 FT

Micheal Jordan:
34.7 Points
6.7 Rebounds
7.0 Assists
50% FG
83FT

Now Accomplishments:
LeBron through 9 seasons: 3 MVP's, 3 Finals appearances, 1 Champioship Title, 1 scoring title

Jordan through 9 seasons: 3 MVP's, 3x Champion, 3 Finals MVP's, 7 scoring titles, 3 steals titles, 1 Defensive Player of the Year Award

MJ steals-blocks first 9 seasons(* lead league in steals):
84-85: 196- 69
85-86: 37-21 (played 18 games)
86-87: 236- 125
87-88: 259- 131 *
88-89: 234- 65
89-90: 227- 54*
90-91: 223- 83
91-92: 182- 75
92-93: 221- 61*
Even in Washington (age 38 and 39)
01-02: 85- 26
02-03: 123- 39

LeBrons career steals-blocks (* lead league in steals)
03-04: 130- 58
04-05: 177- 52
05-06: 123- 66
06-07: 125-55
07-08: 138- 81
08-09: 137- 93
09-10: 125-77
10-11: 124- 50
11-12: 115- 50

and after MJ's 9th season he chose to retire  ;D

**compiled from the internet