Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 870106 times)

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: NBA: 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1350 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 08:55 AM »
The "Magic man" vid is great. Ang dami din palang buzzer beaters and game winners si Magic! All those pinpoint passes!

I don't get some of the arguments here. Even if you have the best skillset and have the highest stats, how can you be GREAT if you are not responsible for making your team win championships? To be great, you have to be a winner. To be considered greatest, you have to be a winner many times over. This is why the superstars count rings. This is why players who can afford to choose their team will go where they can get a ring.

Even if Superman became a basketball player and leads the NBA in scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks, and steals for 10 seasons but doesn't make his team win, he would still be a loser.
kasi nga masyadong nagmamadali yung iba na ilagay kaagad yung greatest sa title ng idol nila kaya pilit nilang hinahanapan ng butas si jordan.una hindi daw puede sa dami ng titles,pangalawa hindi daw puede i base sa position lugi si lebron kasi he excels in all position (pero based sa stats na pinost ni warmaster kung lebron excels in all positions dapat yata malaki lamang ni lebron kay mj pagdating sa rebound,assists,blocks,etc. di ba?).
wait di ba mas maagang pumasok si lebron kay jordan sa nba?so let's compare na lang by age  ;D.
these are the facts,lebron became a champion after 9 seasons in the nba,jordan did it after 7 seasons without leaving his team and without the aid of 2 superstar.
now after watching that vid on magic medyo sacrilege nga kung i compare si lebron kay jordan (kobe is a better comparison imo) i doubt kung talent wise eh kayang tapatan ni lebron yung mga nagawa ni magic

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1351 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 08:58 AM »
kasi nga masyadong nagmamadali yung iba na ilagay kaagad yung greatest sa title ng idol nila kaya pilit nilang hinahanapan ng butas si jordan.una hindi daw puede sa dami ng titles,pangalawa hindi daw puede i base sa position lugi si lebron kasi he excels in all position (pero based sa stats na pinost ni warmaster kung lebron excels in all positions dapat yata malaki lamang ni lebron kay mj pagdating sa rebound,assists,blocks,etc. di ba?).
wait di ba mas maagang pumasok si lebron kay jordan sa nba?so let's compare na lang by age  ;D.
these are the facts,lebron became a champion after 9 seasons in the nba,jordan did it after 7 seasons without leaving his team and without the aid of 2 superstar.
now after watching that vid on magic medyo sacrilege nga kung i compare si lebron kay jordan (kobe is a better comparison imo) i doubt kung talent wise eh kayang tapatan ni lebron yung mga nagawa ni magic

They would probably argue that Scottie Pippen is a superstar...I'd agree, but lebrons sidekicks are better in some aspects of the game.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1352 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 08:59 AM »
funny how people point to Lebron and say "Hoy, Lebron! gawin mo muna 'to etc, etc, bago ka i-compare kay Jordan. kapal ng mukha mo!" when Lebron doesn't even compare himself to Jordan. It's the people like these who compares him. ::)

Gotta love the hate here ;D

You guys comparing Lebron and MJ just have to agree to disagree. No one's gonna give way. Personally, i think you can't compare both players now since one player is still playing and even then it will be hard to compare both as they played in different eras.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1353 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:11 AM »
Magic and Michael would not have colluded with other superstars.

Imagine MJ trasferring to the Pistons to team up with Thomas and Rodman???  No way.

Just as Magic Johnson had said....it was a vow to beat the other team's Superstar.   Not join them.  :P

Just overheard................

"Ang laki ng discount Miami Heat Championship DVD, naka 50% off"

--  Shortened Season kasi eh.... ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:13 AM by Munskie »

Offline Schrodinger's cat

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1354 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:17 AM »
funny how people point to Lebron and say "Hoy, Lebron! gawin mo muna 'to etc, etc, bago ka i-compare kay Jordan. kapal ng mukha mo!" when Lebron doesn't even compare himself to Jordan. It's the people like these who compares him. ::)

You guys comparing Lebron and MJ just have to agree to disagree. No one's gonna give way. Personally, i think you can't compare both players now since one player is still playing and even then it will be hard to compare both as they played in different eras.

Hmm imo there may not be any real 'hate' here sir. I think people compare for the sake of discussion, which is ok.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:23 AM by Precise Pangolin »

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1355 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:24 AM »
The "Magic man" vid is great. Ang dami din palang buzzer beaters and game winners si Magic! All those pinpoint passes!

I don't get some of the arguments here. Even if you have the best skillset and have the highest stats, how can you be GREAT if you are not responsible for making your team win championships? To be great, you have to be a winner. To be considered greatest, you have to be a winner many times over. This is why the superstars count rings. This is why players who can afford to choose their team will go where they can get a ring.

Even if Superman became a basketball player and leads the NBA in scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks, and steals for 10 seasons but doesn't make his team win, he would still be a loser.

i remember si Magic ang sukatan ni Jodan dati. and after nung 97 season nag guest si Magic sa isang talk show and he was asked if jordan will be back for the 98 season and go for his 6th NBA title. kinuwento niya na tinawagan siya si jordan and said: "i got five titles and you got five titles" so naging clear kay magic na babalik si jordan to get his sixth title to cement his greatness over magic. ganoon ka competitive si jordan. he didn't want to leave that comparison of having 5 rings each so he simply went for 6

pero dun sa documentary nung dream team 92 during one scrimmage and jordan was so dominant and saying there's a new sheriff in town. magic said to bird: "he ain't lying"
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:32 AM by warmaster »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1356 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:25 AM »
Hmm imo there may not be any real 'hate' here sir. I think people compare for the sake of discussion, which is ok.

oh but there is. just try to backread. ;)

i know it's for the sake of discussion but it has become non-stop back and forth throwing of stats, championship titles counted, point of origin of comparison whether or not it should start at this point or that, etc, etc.

paulit-ulit lang ang usapan and the problem is the more accomplishments that Lebron gets, the more rampant discussions like these would occur. medyo nakakasawa na pag-usapan.

just my two cents.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM by leomarley »

Offline Schrodinger's cat

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1357 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 09:28 AM »
oh but there is. just try to backread. ;)

hehe! naku baka meron nga! Thanks sir  ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1358 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM »

actually, if my memory serves me right..

it's a Miami Heat fan who started this Lebron - MJ comparisons in the first place.

then it turned into a Lebron - Magic and even a Lebron - Bird thing.

don't get me wrong, Lebron is a very good NBA player. but, do we need to put him on a pedestal?

you want more?  ;D

tell that to the person who started it in the first place. ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 03:38 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1359 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM »
kulang na lang maging playing coach ano? ;D

someday, he'll be NBA commissioner.. galing talaga noh? ;D

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1360 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM »
actually, if my memory serves me right..

it's a Miami Heat fan who started this Lebron - MJ comparisons in the first place.

then it turned into a Lebron - Magic and even a Lebron - Bird thing.

you want more?  ;D

tell that to the person who started it in the first place. ;)
yup,they compared lbj to jordan,when fans defended jordan by comparing their achievements they were branded as lebron haters  ;D
it may be true that lbj doesn't compare himself to jordan but lbj's fans did.hindi naman kami nakikipag argue kay lebron but to his fans.imo,if you wear that no 23 jersey so should be prepared for the inevitable

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1361 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM »
someday, he'll be NBA commissioner.. galing talaga noh? ;D

what?! hindi siya dadaan sa pagiging referee or color commentator?  8)

people are forgetting that the fans started this LBJ is the greatest even greater than this player or that.  jordan, magic, bird and their contemporaries respected what the wil chamberlains and the bill russels did for the game and they never touched on them. legacy nila yun e.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1362 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM »
yup,they compared lbj to jordan,when fans defended jordan by comparing their achievements they were branded as lebron haters  ;D

medyo na misunderstood mo sir yung sinabi ko. I was specifically referring to those who point directly at Lebron and not those who just compare for comparison's sake.

and does it really matter who started the comparison?

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1363 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM »
what?! hindi siya dadaan sa pagiging referee or color commentator?  8)

no need, ganyan talaga kagaling si Lebron! ::) ;D

people are forgetting that the fans started this LBJ is the greatest even greater than this player or that. jordan, magic, bird and their contemporaries respected what the wil chamberlains and the bill russels did for the game and they never touched on them. legacy nila yun e.

wait for it, one of these days.. it's gonna turn into a Lebron - Wilt Chamberlain discussion.

next month pa daw yung Lebron - Bill Russell.  ;D :D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1364 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM »
and does it really matter who started the comparison?

YES  ;D :D

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1365 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM »
YES  ;D :D

just go and bite the bait huh? hehehe ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1366 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:21 AM »
just go and bite the bait huh? hehehe ;D

alam mo naman ako, mahilig mag bite ng jailbait  ;D :D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1367 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM »

other people compare for the sake of obsession

while others naman would just post away because of obsession too.

as in every single post, puro Lebron na lang.

pag may nababasa na positive news or comment about Lebron, kinikilig just like a high school girl.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:41 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1368 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM »
alam mo naman ako, mahilig mag bite ng jailbait  ;D :D

uy quotable quote hahaha! ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1369 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM »
uy quotable quote hahaha! ;D

nahawa lang ako sayo  ;D :D

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1370 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM »
other people compare for the sake of obsession

while others naman would just post away because of obsession too.

as in every single post, puro Lebron na lang.

pag may nababasa na positive news or comment about Lebron, kinikilig just like a high school girl.

I think the lebron discussion started when people said miami does not need a center and lebron can play all 5 positions and beat even the biggest and best of centers (baka umalma ang mga wilt the stilt fans! Lol)
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1371 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM »
Paano kya Kung tis season masibak ni Kobe si lbj sa finals???Kobe mj comparison uli!!!

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1372 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM »
I think the lebron discussion started when people said miami does not need a center and lebron can play all 5 positions and beat even the biggest and best of centers (baka umalma ang mga wilt the stilt fans! Lol)

Lebron can beat the upgraded Lakers by himself, as in literally 1 vs. 5

make that 1 vs. 12  ;D

he's that good  ;)

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1373 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM »
Paano kya Kung tis season masibak ni Kobe si lbj sa finals???Kobe mj comparison uli!!!

no need, Kobe can't surpass MJ even if he wins 7 or 8 championships.

though he's the closest one to MJ in terms of comparison.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1374 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM »

i don't think that's even remotely possible. sa ngayong era siguro ng NBA pu-pwede pero kung sa old eras where dominant centers are everywhere malabong mangyari.

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1375 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM »
Pano kya Kung di ngretire si mj..tpos nsibak sila ng rockets sa 94 finals....walng nkhrap sa finals ang bulls n my mtinding sentro gya ni the dream....tpos maxwell vs mj...nice!! Horry pippen din....

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1376 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM »
Pano kya Kung di ngretire si mj..tpos nsibak sila ng rockets sa 94 finals....walng nkhrap sa finals ang bulls n my mtinding sentro gya ni the dream....tpos maxwell vs mj...nice!! Horry pippen din....

sa Finals wala pero sa Playoffs meron. Magic has Shaq, the Knicks has Ewing, and the Heat has Mourning.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1377 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM »

make that 1 vs. 12  ;D

he's that good  ;)

OH HELL YEAH,..!

;D

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2670
« Reply #1378 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM »

make that 1 vs. 12  ;D

he's that good  ;)

siya rin coach? ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1379 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM »
siya rin coach? ;D

Pati water boy sya rin,...  ;D