Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 859711 times)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1680 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 12:17 AM »
Lakers even with Howard and Nash will still have match up problems with OKC's five in Perkins, Ibaka, Durant, Harden, and Westbrook.
Westbrook will be over powering Nash, Harden too quick for the aging Bryant and Durant more matured and experienced against World Peace.
The BIG men for both teams will just cancel each other out.

I don't think Kobe will let himself be outplayed by Harden. He will find a way and get his 20+ points while hoisting 30 shots.     ;D

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1681 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 12:48 AM »
Lakers even with Howard and Nash will still have match up problems with OKC's five in Perkins, Ibaka, Durant, Harden, and Westbrook.
Westbrook will be over powering Nash, Harden too quick for the aging Bryant and Durant more matured and experienced against World Peace.

The only time Kobe will get outplayed bu Harden is if the Black Mamba had his right hand tied behind his back.  Durant may or may not have a field day with MWP, depending on which MWP character would show up.  i agree with the Westbrook mismatch but he will have a hard time outjumping Howard in the lane and at 7 feet, Gasol is still a legit BIG to challenge Westbrooks drives.  As for the Big man match up, Perk will not outplay D12 but D12 will definitely have more offense than Perk.  Gasol and Ibaka will probably cancel each other out.

Overall...its going to be exciting but I don't see OKC reaching the NBA finals this year.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline eyeyousee™

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1682 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 01:05 AM »
I think every basketball fanatics should watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_SrjKVxIo&feature=related... including LBJ...

Si MJ bakulaw kung maglaro.... si LBJ mukhang bakulaw lang!
low end pa rin!

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1683 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 01:15 AM »
there is no way LBJ is or can be better than MJ. no way.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1684 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 04:10 AM »
Si MJ bakulaw kung maglaro.... si LBJ mukhang bakulaw lang!
   >:D
ninjababez online ..

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #1685 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 04:25 AM »
asa pa si Lebron, kahit sa panaginip di nya kaya tapatan si MJ, pero imagine mo kung work ethic ni LBJ tulad ni MJ, yun ang nakatakot, but sadly hinde eh

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1686 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 05:28 AM »
asa pa si Lebron, kahit sa panaginip di nya kaya tapatan si MJ, pero imagine mo kung work ethic ni LBJ tulad ni MJ, yun ang nakatakot, but sadly hinde eh

Kasi hindi daw nya kailangan..partida. hehehe
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1687 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 07:07 AM »

In height, maybe, but in skill, I think not. Remember, OKC will now have to worry about a DPOY manning the middle for LA and good luck with Perkins trying to move fast enough in a Nash-Howard PnR. Ibaka to guard D12? No way Serge denies Dwight position down low.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1688 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 07:12 AM »
ano naman skills ni LBJ eh puro power moves lang yun!? no all around skills like MJ....

Lebron's probably the only player with more all around skill since Magic Johnson. He's basically a triple double waiting to happen. What Lebron needs is a serious post up game (which MJ honed in the later part of his career) and a consistent jump shot.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1689 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 07:35 AM »
Lebron's probably the only player with more all around skill since Magic Johnson. He's basically a triple double waiting to happen. What Lebron needs is a serious post up game (which MJ honed in the later part of his career) and a consistent jump shot.

Good article on Lebron's versatility as a player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1325749-breaking-down-how-lebron-james-is-the-most-unique-nba-star-ever

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1690 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 09:14 AM »

kaya puro raw talent lang, he's not prepared to put in the work. that's why i always liked Wade better, better post up game, jumpshot and Wade's more willing to take clutch shots rather than passing it off to an unsuspecting haslem or worse varejao

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1691 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 10:04 AM »
Pero sa ipinakita nya nung olympics, mukhang malaki ang ipinagbago nya,
team player and capable na maging leader talaga,...

I hate the guy, but he has my respect as a player, he is indeed one of the best for his generation,...

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1692 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 10:46 AM »
Pero sa ipinakita nya nung olympics, mukhang malaki ang ipinagbago nya,
team player and capable na maging leader talaga,...

I hate the guy, but he has my respect as a player, he is indeed one of the best for his generation,...

i think he feels less pressure when surrounded with good players. he does not feel the need to carry the whole team and he can pass the ball to virtually anyone on the floor.

i'm looking forward to see him play this season to see if winning a title has loosened up the "choke" he has in his neck. he reminds me so much of a chris webber, raw talent yet folds up in clutch situations. to be a really great player lebron needs to show consistency during clutch moments much like what magic, bird and jordan did

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1693 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 10:55 AM »
It will be a BIG disappointment not to see the Lakers play probably OKC in the western finals if not the NBA finals this coming season.
At the east, i havent figured out which team will challenge the defending champion Heat for the eastern finals.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1694 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 11:23 AM »
After Pippen, Barkley and some college coaches, even Coach Phil Jackson is now joining the talks on this "Lebron-can-be-better-than-Michael".  And the list goes on and on,....

"Phil Jackson, legendary coach of the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, told an ESPN Chicago radio station that Miami Heat forward LeBron James has the potential to be better than NBA legend Michael Jordan, as long as he stays healthy for the rest of his career."

« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2012 at 11:37 AM by mattia »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1695 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 12:01 PM »
It will take time to compare one that already has proven and one that still has a lot to prove.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #1696 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 12:13 PM »
its really hard to compare both, coz both are different... but to make the best analogy, here's something i thought about...

lebron is gold... purely gifted in physique and talent.. just melt it and it can be formed to about anything.. and gold is precious but soft (like lbjs game)

jordan is diamond.. had to undergo a lot of process to show his brilliance (like a diamond being cut and polished over and over again to get it to its perfect form)..

so whats more precious than the 2?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1697 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 01:01 PM »
After Pippen, Barkley and some college coaches, even Coach Phil Jackson is now joining the talks on this "Lebron-can-be-better-than-Michael".  And the list goes on and on,....

"Phil Jackson, legendary coach of the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, told an ESPN Chicago radio station that Miami Heat forward LeBron James has the potential to be better than NBA legend Michael Jordan, as long as he stays healthy for the rest of his career."

Key words there though..... HAS THE POTENTIAL.  Indirectly, Phil is saying Lebron's not there yet.

Offline jake052478

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1698 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 01:18 PM »
let just lebron play his game... stop comparing player or who could be the next michael jordan... kahit ako... hindi ko rin matanggap noon na mahihigitan ni KOBE si Jordan  (buti na lang hindi) kasi my fave player is jordan... let this young players have their own identity... mag move on na... hindi na naglalaro si jordan... so what's the point... mas mabuti sana kung same era then compare... magkaiba position nila na nilalaruan eh.... so let lebron has his own identity... mag move on na... i mean no point of comparison... kahit si Kobe.... na considered to be the closes to Jordan... i don't think he can surpass Jordan but... let Kobe.... be Kobe... He is a great player... one of the best.... but not greater than Jordan...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1699 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 02:19 PM »
So far it's still safe to say that MJ is the BEST there ever was and the BEST there ever will be.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2636
« Reply #1700 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 02:23 PM »
So far it's still safe to say that MJ is the BEST there ever was and the BEST there ever will be.

hindi sir ah, si Bret "Hit Man" Hart  >:D ^-^
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline rukawakaide1721

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1701 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 02:42 PM »
Key words there though..... HAS THE POTENTIAL.  Indirectly, Phil is saying Lebron's not there yet.

at sana maging challenge yan kay LBJ....at wag niya munang isipin na he's better than MJ already...dahil sa mga sinasabi ng iilan lang....

mejo malaking tulong kasi ang media ngayun para maging hype ang isang player...kahit sa PBA.....kesyo ganito si player at sigurado magiging superstar...ei kalimitan anong ngyayari kay player ayun hindi makapagpakita ng laro....

mas maganda na lang bawat laro ang scorecard ng bawat player.....
Happiness is a choice....

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1702 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 03:44 PM »
let just lebron play his game... stop comparing player or who could be the next michael jordan... kahit ako... hindi ko rin matanggap noon na mahihigitan ni KOBE si Jordan  (buti na lang hindi) kasi my fave player is jordan... let this young players have their own identity... mag move on na... hindi na naglalaro si jordan... so what's the point... mas mabuti sana kung same era then compare... magkaiba position nila na nilalaruan eh.... so let lebron has his own identity... mag move on na... i mean no point of comparison... kahit si Kobe.... na considered to be the closes to Jordan... i don't think he can surpass Jordan but... let Kobe.... be Kobe... He is a great player... one of the best.... but not greater than Jordan...

tama.. let wilt be wilt... bill be bill.... magic be magic.. bird be bird.. mj be mj... kobe be kobe... and lebron be lebron...

its pointless to compare coz nobody is the same...

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1703 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 04:16 PM »
sa tingin ko malapit nang maabot ni LBJ si MJ, konti na lang...hair-wise  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcQbogFZUaQ
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2012 at 04:25 PM by rusty »

Offline rafa_palma

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1704 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 04:32 PM »
We just love MJ so much that we don't want anyone surpassing him as the greatest. Cheers! :)

Jordan forever! lol

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1705 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 04:36 PM »
Is there a player today that resembles Dennis "The Worm" Rodman?  I consider him the greateast defender..... ever!  And he couldn't stop MJ.  I would like to see Lebron go up against that kind of defender and gauge how great a player he is.

Offline Paulusreef

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1706 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 04:39 PM »
I think ok din icompare sila at least may goal/motivation sila to improve their skills.  Parang si Kobe nagpastem cell pa para maabot/malampasan yung rings ni Jordan hehe

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 122
« Reply #1707 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 05:03 PM »
I think part of being the "greatest" is charisma. even if Kobe or LeBron surpasses MJ in terms of achievement, I don't think they can surpass the fans' love for MJ.

ask anyone who they think is the greatest player for him, without looking at the stats or accomplishment they will say a name of the player who is dear to their heart.

...and for me, it's Magic Johnson coz i like him better than Jordan hehehe.

Offline Timithekid

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1708 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 05:16 PM »
Is there a player today that resembles Dennis "The Worm" Rodman?  I consider him the greateast defender..... ever!  And he couldn't stop MJ.  I would like to see Lebron go up against that kind of defender and gauge how great a player he is.

I remember Larry Bird when he was coaching Indiana that only one player of the same built and athleticism can guard MJ, too bad they never matched up because they are on the same team. Go PIP. :)
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1709 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 05:18 PM »
I remember Larry Bird when he was coaching Indiana that only one player of the same built and athleticism can guard MJ, too bad they never matched up because they are on the same team. Go PIP. :)

this is true.. while ive read lots of books re mj... most authors say its coz of pip that mj excelled more... and of course vice versa.. they kinda complemented each other...