Author Topic: NBA 2012-2013 Season  (Read 859705 times)

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NBA 2012-2013 Season
« Reply #1710 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 05:41 PM »
As a HEAT fan, I say MJ is #1. LeBron knows this, Wade knows this, even Pat Riley knows this.

If you're a Heat imo we can only hope Lebron surpasses Kobe as nobody touches MJ at #1.
The HEAT even retired Jordan's jersey. :)

re: OKC vs. Lakers, I have been posting something about it since page 30-31 I think :)

Is there a player today that resembles Dennis "The Worm" Rodman?  I consider him the greateast defender..... ever!  And he couldn't stop MJ.  I would like to see Lebron go up against that kind of defender and gauge how great a player he is.

The closest experience LeBron got was with the 2011 ECF vs. the Bulls guarding... Derrick Rose for a few minutes. He was able to shutdown D.Rose everytime but it was only a short amount of time. DRose could have figured it out if more time was assigned to Lebron to guard him.

BUT I guess that's why its called a team game, Spoelstra managed correctly his players playing time during that series hence the 1 loss then 4 win streak/sweep and DRose is no MJ (but close I guess).

No BULLS fans in here? :)

Offline eyeyousee™

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1711 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM »
After Pippen, Barkley and some college coaches, even Coach Phil Jackson is now joining the talks on this "Lebron-can-be-better-than-Michael".  And the list goes on and on,....

"Phil Jackson, legendary coach of the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, told an ESPN Chicago radio station that Miami Heat forward LeBron James has the potential to be better than NBA legend Michael Jordan, as long as he stays healthy for the rest of his career."

Put the talent aside.... AIR Jordan Shoes is more popular than Lebron's up to now.... Now Who's The Greatest????

.... somebody compared LBJ to Magic Johnson.... my God does he understand basketball?
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM by twistergear »
low end pa rin!

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1712 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM »
well LBJ is actually comparable to Magic Johnson rather than MJ. since LBJ is also a big guy that can play point guard and other positions.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1713 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 08:58 AM »
this is true.. while ive read lots of books re mj... most authors say its coz of pip that mj excelled more... and of course vice versa.. they kinda complemented each other...

i think Detroit's Joe Dumars also guarded MJ very well.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1714 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 09:50 AM »

You are correct, MJ himself said Dumars was one of the toughest defenders he faced.
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1716 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM »
Put the talent aside.... AIR Jordan Shoes is more popular than Lebron's up to now.... Now Who's The Greatest????

.... somebody compared LBJ to Magic Johnson.... my God does he understand basketball?

Damn that is some serious $hit you smokin to sideswipe us with their sneakers. For real? Shoes? If MJ sported Kaypee all his life, it would still sell pancakes to this day more than LBJs. Probably. And seriously, where did you get your basketball knowledge? NBA 2K or Live? If you don't see the similarities between Magic and LBJs skills, then I guess it's probably coz of the shoes.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #1717 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 10:44 AM »

You are correct, MJ himself said Dumars was one of the toughest defenders he faced.

yes. dumars and detroit's "jordan rules"

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1718 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM »
there's something about manute bol's son

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/manute-bol-son-looks-one-america-most-promising-102945165.html

ok  narin sana yung anak ni manute.. but pag nag nba siya im sure i wont stop snickering or laugh out loud when i hear announcers and commentators call his name... ;D

imagine.. " ____ bol has the ball!!!"

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1719 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM »
Is there a player today that resembles Dennis "The Worm" Rodman?  I consider him the greateast defender..... ever!  And he couldn't stop MJ.  I would like to see Lebron go up against that kind of defender and gauge how great a player he is.

I think Metta World Peace came close, in more ways than one (during his best years). But he will never be considered for Naismith HOF.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1720 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 01:23 PM »
Dwayne Wade leaves Nike, will carry new shoes :  LI-NING made in China

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1721 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 02:04 PM »
Li Ning released a Croc-like basketball shoes before called the F2 and it looked decent. Wouldn't use it for basketball, but it looked very comfy and warm.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1722 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 02:04 PM »

I was one of the "somebody" who said it.  And I stand by my observation.  Along with many others who thinks the same.  Just google "Lebron is like Magic" and you'll be surprised at how many feels the same way. 

I still maintain that it's better to compare LBJ to Magic rather than Jordan since MJ and Lebron play very different styles.  As one article said :  "As we enter a new season, there are still a few people who look to compare LeBron to Michael Jordan, which is becoming more wrong by the day. There are a lot of people who are beginning to see more of Magic in LeBron’s game, which is becoming more apparent by the day. The most correct opinion would be somewhere in the middle, leaning more toward Magic."

full article :  http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/10/is-lebron-becoming-magic-johnson/

And, watch this video.  Even Magic Johnson insinuates that LBJ plays like him, and that it's Kobe who plays like MJ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9XTgugALpk
  Siguro naman Magic understands the game right?

And you ask if I understand basketball?  I would say so, having had more championships than Lebron.  Hahaha. I am of course referring to our alumni league where our batch have won 5 championships already.  So yeah, I'm pretty confident of my basketball knowledge.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1723 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 02:20 PM »
Dwayne Wade leaves Nike, will carry new shoes :  LI-NING made in China

might get one if the price is right.. I still hope he just went back to Converse instead though. :)

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #1724 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 06:57 PM »
Baka nike rin may ari nyan. Grabe siguro ang offer.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1725 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 07:49 PM »
Baka nike rin may ari nyan. Grabe siguro ang offer.

I'd say an MVP move by Wade.  Just imagine D Wade's market now compared to when he was donning Nike.  Chinese market is a gold mine!

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1726 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 07:59 PM »
I think Wade was with the Jordan Brand (a subsidiary of Nike?).  Maybe he felt he was still under MJ's shadow.  And this new brand, Wade can make it identifiable with his image as a superstar.

And yeah financial-wise alone, it is a good move.
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2012 at 07:59 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1727 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 08:09 PM »
I'd say an MVP move by Wade.  Just imagine D Wade's market now compared to when he was donning Nike.  Chinese market is a gold mine!

Remember the china sex pills advertisement using his image too? :) I guess he's somewhat big there already...

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1728 on: Oct 10, 2012 at 09:13 PM »
Li-Ning is a bit pricey for a relatively unknown brand. I saw one in store in Ali Mall selling some of their shoes and it cost 5k up.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1729 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 12:32 AM »
Li-Ning is a bit pricey for a relatively unknown brand. I saw one in store in Ali Mall selling some of their shoes and it cost 5k up.

on the contrary, li ning is the nike of china.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1730 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM »
on the contrary, li ning is the nike of china.

What I do know before was that Shaq and Baron Davis use to wear these shoes but it never became popular.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1731 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM »
http://www.peaksneakers.com/

Incidentally, i bought my 11 year old son (Grade 6) who's playing for their school's varsity team these PEAK basketball shoes.  It's cheaper than the Adizero and the Hyperfuse that my son is asking for but I'm impressed with quality.  It's lightweight and yeah, it looks really good. Ginamit ko na nga minsan naglaro ako hahaha.  So these chinese brands like Li NIng, Anta and Peak are really making some stride eh?

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1732 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM »
What I do know before was that Shaq and Baron Davis use to wear these shoes but it never became popular.

yup... never became popular in the rest of the world.. but in china.. its the number 1 apparel company...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/06/business/global/flailing-chinese-clothing-retailer-shakes-itself-up.html?_r=0

but of course i wouldnt buy their kicks over nike..

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1733 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM »
Remember the china sex pills advertisement using his image too? :) I guess he's somewhat big there already...

haha natawa ako bro. i remember that!

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1734 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
* Plano na daw magretire ni Kobe after this season,...

* Tracy McGrady retires and heads to China,...

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #1735 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 01:16 PM »
Kobe: Retirement still 2-3 years away

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant isn't saying goodbye anytime soon.

Sure, he's thinking about his legacy and on what terms he wants his career to end. But retirement is still at least two or three years off and "there's a lot of basketball to be played" between now and then.

The subject of when the 34-year-old Bryant will retire came up again Tuesday because, well, he's been talking about it a lot lately, most recently in a CBSSports.com article in which he reiterated he'd likely only play two more seasons, or until his contract expires.

But as far as he's concerned, he's put an endpoint on his career almost from the beginning.B

"I said when I was 17 that I'd be done when I was 35. It shouldn't be anything new," Bryant said, somewhat annoyed at all the fuss. "It's inevitable. It's gotta come. I'm not going to play 25 years."

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8484490&city=losangeles

di pa naman next year. besides, up to 2014 pa contract nya. close to 30million iiwanan nya if he retires before his contract ends. 2 more years of Kobe b-ball, imo. I'm gonna miss that guy and what he has done for LA basketball. I hope when he retires, Mitch Kupchak or whoever is at the helm for Lakers management that time would be able to find a replacement for Kobe. Maybe a new dynamic SG-C duo. A partner for Dwight. :)

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1736 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 03:27 PM »
http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8484490&city=losangeles

di pa naman next year. besides, up to 2014 pa contract nya. close to 30million iiwanan nya if he retires before his contract ends. 2 more years of Kobe b-ball, imo. I'm gonna miss that guy and what he has done for LA basketball. I hope when he retires, Mitch Kupchak or whoever is at the helm for Lakers management that time would be able to find a replacement for Kobe. Maybe a new dynamic SG-C duo. A partner for Dwight. :)

I foresee another ring for Kobe to tie His Airness for 6.  Then he retires.  7 malabo na siguro.  The Mamba deserves it.  He's been a special NBA player all those years.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1737 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 03:48 PM »
Mamba's post on his FB page ;D ( friends kami eh hehehe )

"Long practices but getting a ton of work done. I had a lil tendon issue in my foot that kept me sidelined for 2 days but I'm full speed ahead once again.

Our timing with one another gets better by the day and DH is good to go on full contact. I'm tired and sore but that kind of pain feels good especially when you know what's at stake.

As far as retirement, I'm not sure how many years I have left but know this: IF and When I announce my retirement, I will do so directly to you first. Let's focus on getting this season taken care of. It should be a fun one. I feel strong, light and quick. I can't wait till Oct 31.
It's on.
Mamba out"

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1738 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 04:06 PM »
... Maybe a new dynamic SG-C duo. A partner for Dwight. :)

I'm betting on Kyrie Irving of the Cavs making The Decision part 2 to go to Laker Nation. ;D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #1739 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:10 PM »
I'm betting on Kyrie Irving of the Cavs making The Decision part 2 to go to Laker Nation. ;D

Pwede. :)

This is really looking ahead, but since the new NBA season is still a couple of days away, why not kill time by speculating...

2014 NBA Free Agents

Hmm.. Lebron James is on this list.  The Decision Part 3? ;D

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:19 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.