Author Topic: Extreme DVD Player  (Read 86356 times)

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re:Extreme DVD Player
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2004 at 09:35 AM »
Some observations with the Xtreme DVD player;

1) For those who are getting this player for it's progscan capability, the main hassle is that once you turn the unit off, it defaults back to Interlace output programing, hence you'll have to reprogram it to it's progscan capability, which is a little hassle considering the time spent, the good side though is that, you'll have to set up your player via the Progscan and composite out, and if ever the movie is letterboxed WS, which is a no-no for high end HDTVs, you can always revert back to the analog(composite,RGV,S-video...which your HDTV can easily widen to avoid any screen burn), also... the subtitle glitch is gone and the menu is extensive enough for you to titrate your video's color, sharpness and contrast, whic is very beneficial for those with high end RPTV.  

2) It can detect the bit rate of your discs, just press the Time button on your remote, and the info is included.

3) I noticed that the fan can adequately cool the player unlike the Kebao 3806,which still needs an additional ventilator to adequately cool it's internals.

4) Downside is that no one knows what the password is, I called up the distributor(theyr'e also at the Raon mall), via the # provided in the warranty card, and no reliable info can be gathered from these people.

Offline prespirit26

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Jan 22, 2004 at 04:57 AM »
I bought Xtreme DVD 6500 last Monday and these are my feedback...

Tama si Bestbuy yung Screen saver ng Nextbase and Xtreme are the same

My brother bought Nextbase last dec 28 NB785 ata yun yugn may round LCD cost him 3,600 my Xtreme only cost 3,400 (same store)

Yup base sa Box and label nya DTS na siya compare sa NB785

Para naman kay natxxx Xtreme can also play jpeg, may equalizer din sya the same ng sa next base
Multi region din siya, but it doesnt have pitch control echo lang and volume yung control nya sa mic (karaoke)
and its true it has a 1800lines VGA resolution.

Identical ang front body nya sa Pioneer 566k and not 366 kasi it has 2mic input on the front right.
but it got a cool control kesa sa pioneer. Bakit ko nasabing cool? Well yung numerical buttons nya from 1-0 instead of using the usual round or square type the used the number shape mismo so salat na salat nmo yung mga number. the play button also shape as a triangle, stop square yung pause, forward and backward symbol yun din ang naka shape sa buttons nya.
Ito pa ang pinaka cool GLOW IN THE DARK pa siya. Ang saya lalo na pag pinatay mo ang ilaw para masarap manuod di ka na mahihirapan magpindot.

Also i've noticed that it uses the same software of Nextbase pag pindot mo ng setup menu same features may nadagdag lang siya sa audio setup.

and 1 pa iisa lang daw ang service center nitong Xtreme at Nextbase so I'M PRETTY SURE that Xtreme and Nextbase iisa lang ang gumagawa. Meaning kung maganda ang Nextbase maganda rin ang Xtreme.

Offline natxxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 22, 2004 at 09:07 AM »
but it got a cool control kesa sa pioneer. Bakit ko nasabing cool? Well yung numerical buttons nya from 1-0 instead of using the usual round or square type the used the number shape mismo so salat na salat nmo yung mga number. the play button also shape as a triangle, stop square yung pause, forward and backward symbol yun din ang naka shape sa buttons nya.
Ito pa ang pinaka cool GLOW IN THE DARK pa siya. Ang saya lalo na pag pinatay mo ang ilaw para masarap manuod di ka na mahihirapan magpindot.

he he he. subjective talaga pagdating sa mukha. i like the glow pero yung shape ng buttons di ko gusto. why? kasi usually dumidikit yung dust sa nga sulok-sulok lalo na pag maraming canal/butas/curves.

Also i've noticed that it uses the same software of Nextbase pag pindot mo ng setup menu same features may nadagdag lang siya sa audio setup.

and 1 pa iisa lang daw ang service center nitong Xtreme at Nextbase so I'M PRETTY SURE that Xtreme and Nextbase iisa lang ang gumagawa. Meaning kung maganda ang Nextbase maganda rin ang Xtreme.

that's what the lady also told me when i asked informations about xtreme when i went to raon last nov(?).
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2004 at 09:08 AM by natxxx »

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 22, 2004 at 09:21 AM »
For Info;
 Xtreme is Macrovision enabled however it's effectivity is only on those VHS players that subscribes to macrovison, since when I tested the Xtreme with the Samsung 6 heads hifi VHS, the fuzzy disconcerting lines disappeared but were very prominent and annnoying with the Philips 6 heads hifi VHS.

Offline couch_potato

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • PinoyDVD Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2004 at 10:49 AM »
Guys tanong lang, does xtreme DVD 6500 have a VGA output at the back that can be connected to computer monitor?  In terms of capabilities and features can it it compare or surpass the KEBAO 6089? How about its warranty? May tindahan ba sa Raon na nagbibigay ng 2 years warranty on parts and lifetime service warranty on these xtreme DVD players just like what NMB offer on their KEBAO 6089 units? Thanks!  ;D

Offline jayvee_n

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2004 at 12:17 PM »
OT:  where can i buy a pioneer label para ipalit sa extreme label?   ;D

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jan 23, 2004 at 04:12 PM »
Guys tanong lang, does xtreme DVD 6500 have a VGA output at the back that can be connected to computer monitor?

Yes it has

In terms of capabilities and features can it it compare or surpass the KEBAO 6089?

Yes, in fact it surpassed the Kebao,

1) It has no subtitle glitch that the Kebao has once you utilized the progscan features.

2) The screen black and white glitch being experienced with Kebao once overheating starts is not being experienced with the Xtreme DVD player.

3) The Xtreme can detect HDCD.

4) The Xtreme has an interface menu that allows you to modify your video output, whereas the Kebao is plain and basic.

5) Xtreme has a menu controller hence you need not worry where your remote control is if your in a hurry to tinker with your menu needs.

6) It can play wma format.

7) It can detect your disc's encoded bit rate.

8) It only costs Php3,300.00, cheapest 6809 goes for Php 3,650.00 ;D

How about its warranty?

6 months change player, 1 year service

May tindahan ba sa Raon na nagbibigay ng 2 years warranty on parts and lifetime service warranty on these xtreme DVD players just like what NMB offer on their KEBAO 6089 units? Thanks!  ;D

Nope

Offline robertj

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jan 23, 2004 at 04:33 PM »
I bought Xtreme DVD 6500 last Monday and these are my feedback...

Tama si Bestbuy yung Screen saver ng Nextbase and Xtreme are the same

My brother bought Nextbase last dec 28 NB785 ata yun yugn may round LCD cost him 3,600 my Xtreme only cost 3,400 (same store)

Yup base sa Box and label nya DTS na siya compare sa NB785

Para naman kay natxxx Xtreme can also play jpeg, may equalizer din sya the same ng sa next base
Multi region din siya, but it doesnt have pitch control echo lang and volume yung control nya sa mic (karaoke)
and its true it has a 1800lines VGA resolution.

Identical ang front body nya sa Pioneer 566k and not 366 kasi it has 2mic input on the front right.

FYI, the Xtreme dvd player has PITCH CONTROL. But you must have a universal remote to have this feature. Most China made dvd players uses the same chipsets so the setup menu looks the same, but that doesn't mean that iisa lang ang gumagawa ng Xtreme, Nextbase, Xenon, Skyworth and other china made players bearing the same set-up menu. Thses players are using the TYPE 2 Mediatek MT1379 chipsets tha's why they all have the same set-up menu.

Offline prespirit26

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jan 24, 2004 at 01:40 AM »
Guys tanong lang, does xtreme DVD 6500 have a VGA output at the back that can be connected to computer monitor?  In terms of capabilities and features can it it compare or surpass the KEBAO 6089? How about its warranty? May tindahan ba sa Raon na nagbibigay ng 2 years warranty on parts and lifetime service warranty on these xtreme DVD players just like what NMB offer on their KEBAO 6089 units? Thanks!  ;D

So far xtreme also have vga output at the back. I cant compare it to kebao dahil i dont have a kebao unti siguro dun sa mga may kebao and experience using the xtreme sila makakapagsabi. warranty na binigay is 1 yr lang sa raon. yun lang po teka i have a pics ng xtreme eh tingnan ko nga kung kaya kong iaatach ang pics

Offline prespirit26

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 24, 2004 at 01:42 AM »
hindi ko nai post ang pics ah teka nga 1 pa

Offline prespirit26

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 24, 2004 at 01:45 AM »
naku sensya na di ako marunogn mag upload ng pics eh

Offline jayvee_n

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 24, 2004 at 02:33 AM »
what about the "playability" of dvds sa xtreme?  if it plays problematic dvds that couldnt be played in other players, i think ill buy this one.  very good price for the features but a main consideration would be the playability that has been tested on other players (kebao, nextbase, skyworth).

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 482
« Reply #42 on: Jan 28, 2004 at 04:34 PM »
Some observations with the Xtreme DVD player;

4) Downside is that no one knows what the password is, I called up the distributor(theyr'e also at the Raon mall), via the # provided in the warranty card, and no reliable info can be gathered from these people.
question; para saan yung password

Offline D0Hbert

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 12:20 AM »
Have you tried the numbers 1,2,3,4 as password. sa kebao ko walang nakasulat sa manual pero tried that number, ok naman. Parang PIN number, default to 1234.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 07:49 AM »
yup-yup...that's the 1st password I tried. :P :'(

Hopefully we can discover it one day :P

Offline prespirit26

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 08:50 AM »
yup-yup...that's the 1st password I tried. :P :'(

Hopefully we can discover it one day :P

Try nyo 0000 kasi yung sa Nextbase 0000 eh parehas lang ng software ang xtreme saka nextbase although di ko pa natatry ito mamaya try ko.

Offline prespirit26

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 08:54 AM »

Offline prespirit26

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 08:55 AM »

Offline prespirit26

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 08:56 AM »
Ayan naipost ko na yugn pics ng Xtreme DVD

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 09:01 AM »
Try 8888

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 09:18 AM »
tried them all but to no avail, even tried the Skyworth pasword that RobertJ gave.....good thing setting is already censor free.

Offline JorelJ

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 09:52 AM »
Ayan naipost ko na yugn pics ng Xtreme DVD
Can't see any

Offline prespirit26

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 05:41 PM »
Can't see any
May pics na po sa taas ng post na yan kung di mo ma view di ko na po alam kasi dito na viview ko eh. Anyone can confirm kung may pics na nga ba akong nai post dito?

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 05:56 PM »
May pics na po sa taas ng post na yan kung di mo ma view di ko na po alam kasi dito na viview ko eh. Anyone can confirm kung may pics na nga ba akong nai post dito?

yes meron, just click na lang these links:
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/40116735_17e71/bc/9f09/__sr_/37ac.jpg?phV3FGAB7pO9Jafu

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/40116735_17e71/bc/9f09/__sr_/9c5d.jpg?phV3FGABftcbsyaB

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/40116735_17e71/bc/9f09/__sr_/b013.jpg?phV3FGABgGJLmGlP

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 482
« Reply #54 on: Jan 31, 2004 at 03:33 PM »
which is better, extreme or skyworth. sa mga meron na, paki-lagay ang pros and cons ng 2.

Offline johndoe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 31, 2004 at 04:20 PM »
does it have DTS decoder?

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jan 31, 2004 at 04:34 PM »

Offline natxxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Feb 04, 2004 at 11:51 AM »
mukhang very promising etong xtreme dvd 6500. i was at raon last saturday...P3,200-P3,400 ang current price. aside from the label 'xtreme' and remote control, wala talaga pinagkaiba sa pioneer 566k. like monski(?), i will be replacing my kebao kb6089 with this player soon.  ;D

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Feb 04, 2004 at 12:10 PM »
ako naman I'm after the HDCD capability plus the VGA out. Yung current DVD players ko kasi walang VGA.

Inis lang ako sa looks.... sagwa pag tinabi ko sa almost same in external... Pioneer 667A.

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Feb 04, 2004 at 12:13 PM »
Pati logo ng DTS is DTS Digital out, di pa digital surround, talagang kinopya sa 566K, pati yung sticker...  >:(

At yung SRS, i think walang SRS ang Extreme.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2004 at 12:15 PM by Philander »