Author Topic: Extreme DVD Player  (Read 86069 times)

Offline angelos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Extreme DVD Player
« Reply #360 on: May 28, 2007 at 04:31 PM »
Bro. piliin mo yung merong midi karaoke songs with songbook na dala . Yun kasing meh karaoke function lang eh bibili ka pa ng mga dvd discs.

Offline aero

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #361 on: Jun 09, 2007 at 09:03 PM »

Based mainly on Roadster's impressions I got myself an SD-199 today from Venus. According to them the SD-188 was identical to the 199 save for the "look". On second thought I think I liked the look of the 188 better, build quality seemed better, plus it also had the SD and USB slots -- but I'd already chosen the 199 after considering the 009, dyahe naman magbago ulit ng isip. I briefly considered the 009 mainly because it had loads of controls on the player itself so a remote would not be indispensable (the 199 and 188 only have the most basic controls on the player). But in the end I figured I'd find the USB port very useful (not so much the SD card slot). For those who won't really need a USB or SD interface, I suggest the 009.

I've a question though, for owners of this or other Extreme players (or anyone who might be knowledgeable). I hooked up the player using the composite video output and I'm noticing flickering, as if the refresh rate isn't sufficient. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the problem, but my TV's PAL (not multi-system, just PAL). I set the player to output PAL, and played around with the other settings (e.g., TV RGB), but I'm still getting the flickering. My TV doesn't have any other interface so I can't test using the component or S-video outs. Although I think I have an S-video to composite adaptor, I can try to see if the refresh rate via that interface is better. The video is watchable (quality seems good), but I'm sure after a while the flickering could cause dizziness. Does anyone know what's going on?

Offline Roadster

• Collector
  • Cowabunga!
  • Liked:
« Reply #362 on: Jun 09, 2007 at 10:41 PM »
Aero,

The flickering is due to the fact that the Extreme is outputing PAL at
60hz while your PAL TV is set to receive at 50hz PAL. Some dvd players
like the upscaling NeuNeo have menu options to select 50hz output.
I just checked the Extreme option and it has both PAL 60hz and PAL output which is 50 hz. So select your Extreme DVD player to output PAL at 50hz. Same with TV sets, some like PAL Sonys have option to accept PAL 60hz.

Mind you even if your 50hz PAL tv is plugged into our local 60HZ AC supply, the input circuit is set up to receive a 50hz Pal signal.

Hope that helps,
roadster
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2007 at 10:59 PM by Roadster »

Offline aero

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: Jun 10, 2007 at 09:30 PM »

Roadster, thanks for the reply, most insightful! Actually I already had the player set to "PAL" output, as opposed to "PAL 60," though I wasn't sure until your post what exactly the difference between the two settings was. I cycled through the settings, PAL 60 gave paler colors, almost black and white so it couldn't be the right one. Mind you, the flickering isn't too pronounced, it really is like the slight fickering on a (picture tube) computer monitor when you experiment with the video card's refresh rates. Anyhow, the video is watchable, the flickering is slight. Just want to make sure I didn't get a lemon or if there's some setting I can try. When I can (soon) I'll try hook the player up to an NTSC TV and see if the flicker is still there. And I can also try the composite out via S-video adaptor to see if that makes a difference (though I don't see why it should). Thanks again!

Offline starrydogg88

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: Jul 10, 2007 at 08:49 PM »
I bought the SD-199 one month ago.  Unfortunately, I returned it and opted for the SD-168.  The SD-199 cannot display pictures (JPG format) properly - big portions are pixelized with solid colors.  In instances where it can display the pictures, it'll take a long time to do so.  A test on their display unit showed the same fault.

Although the SD-168 doesn't have USB/MMC ports, it can display JPG pics properly.  As for the other features, no complain as it's basically similar to the SD-166.

Perhaps a better option for the SD-199 would be the latest NextBase NB-891, though at 6K, it's pricey (it can upscale to 1080i though).

By the way, the people at Venus Enterprises were really accommodating when I asked for the swap.  And this is my third SD-168; the first two I bought as gifts for friends.  ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2007 at 08:54 PM by starrydogg88 »

Offline AC

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
« Reply #365 on: Aug 13, 2007 at 04:03 PM »
i got an extreme dvd player po.. a little over a year na...  the.. player quality is just soso.. but.. i really like the remote control's design and quality//

minsan lang po namin ito gamitin.... less than 10 full movies palang napapanood dito.. and nakalimuta na sa isang tabi.. until i got my own tv for my room.. so kinuha ko po itong dvd player.. kayalang.. pag play ko ng... dvd.. ang ingay... parang may gumagasgas.. and.. minsan po ay nagsstop stop and nagpipixelize? ano po magagawa ko dito? pwede po ba ito diy self clean? or greasing?

or.. may service sa extreme na gagawa nun? nasa magkano po kaya inaabot.. cleaning ng mga dvd players? or kung ano man gagawin nila? hehe.. tnx

Offline dnc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: Nov 03, 2007 at 10:48 PM »
I have an SD-168 and I ran into a problem earlier. I was watching an *.avi file from a DVD+R . While turning down the volume on the xtreme remote control, the picture suddenly turned B&W and parang nagsoscrolldown (imagine na naglolokong picture display ng VHS dati). I'm not sure what caused that to happen... Any ideas? I don't want to change players just yet   :(

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #367 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:45 AM »
You probably hit the PAL/NTSC button, go check out the video out at the settings display,then choose NTSC.

Offline Pyar

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: Aug 02, 2008 at 08:30 PM »
hello everyone! i am curious about this xtreme dvd player. i saw one with hdmi output can anyone tell me f this is a good player?

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: Aug 03, 2008 at 11:31 AM »
hello everyone! i am curious about this xtreme dvd player. i saw one with hdmi output can anyone tell me f this is a good player?

where did you see it ? how much was it ? may usb inout ba ?

Offline Pyar

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: Aug 03, 2008 at 11:24 PM »
yup it has a usb port. im from davao and i saw it at victoria plaza. i forgot what model of the dvd player. ill post some pictures it later.

Offline kuroy00

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 09:17 AM »

I had an Xtreme Player (i forgot the model), but sandali ko lang nagamit, kasi namimili ng DVD. Kung maka-play man, eh nag-LA-LAG yung display. I think nagamit ko mga 6 mos lang. Ano usually problema nito?

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: Jan 14, 2009 at 09:47 AM »
Depende sa Xtreme DVD player, iyun' mga unang labas, katulad nang mga nabili namin ay gumagana pa hangang ngayon, iyun' nga' na isa eh' parang ginamit sa gwera(war) pero nag-ba-basa pa rin nang DVD.

May mga lumabas kasi na ang gumawa ay iyun' mga gumagawa nang mga kanya-kanyang pangnaglan, iyun' ang mga sirain, at hirap bumasa nang DVD.

Iyun' bago ngayon na lumabas sa SM Aplliance store na 2.5K, iyun' ay authentic, pareho nang mga una namin na-biling Xtreme.

Offline mangki

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: Sep 22, 2010 at 10:17 PM »
San pa ba may available na Xtreme hd dvd player?  ???

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 480
« Reply #374 on: Oct 10, 2010 at 07:56 PM »
ang mga xtreme dvd player sa sm makati e mga midi player din so mga P5,000 up ang price...