Author Topic: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub  (Read 488595 times)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Dai-ichi Speakers & sub
« Reply #720 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 09:12 AM »
dvh, why not buy the same speakers you have for your left and right surrounds to be used as your center surround... Sold by set yan, but just hook two speakers din for your center surrounds, either parallel or series, depending on the impedance of said speakers and of course your amp kung kaya nya, mas maganda ang effect if u use two speakers for center surround especially when u have a large listening room...   ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #721 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 01:20 PM »
arthurallanj,

exactly my point also why i dont want to use a center speaker as center surround.

i will call daiichi and ask if they can sell just 1 pc of the euros8 surround so i can set it up as my center surround for my 6.1.

thanks for the info.  by the way di ko naiisip na maglagay ng pair of surround as my center so it can be a 7.1 setup!  so what i need to do is to buy a pair of surround speakers, then parallel wire it and connect to center surround of my avr...voila it will then be 7.1...then i'll re-position it so that it'll be left and right rear surround...then my true-left/right surround i'll place it on the side like this:

left front           center            right front

left surround       seat            right surround

center surround                     center surround          (parallel wired to center surround of AVR)

thought?  ok kaya ang setup na to?  kaya lang ang impedance ng rear center surround ko is 8ohms at 100watts rms.... so dapat bilin ko speakers e 16ohms di ba?

I don't think they would sell you just one piece. So better get a pair na lang, besides, the rear soundfield would become even wider if you use a pair instead of one. Don't worry about using a pair for your rear center since I've tried that already, kayang-kaya naman ng Yamaha yan e, I even tried using 3 pairs of surrounds for my Yamaha 430 dati and I never had a problem with it, those three pairs all had 6 Ohm ratings on them. Here's my suggested positioning:

left front                  center                   right front

Seat
left surround                                         right surround

center surround    center surround

Notice the left and right surrounds are place a bit behind the listener's position? It should be at least 10 degrees but not more than 30 degrees behind the listening position. The two center surrounds should be at least 12 inches apart.

Here's an option:

left front                   center                    right front

Seat

left surround  center surr.  center surr.   right surround

I suggest connecting them at parallel. Connecting them at series would make the impedance higher but decrease the volume by half, but connecting them at parallel would decrease the impedance by half but the volume would be the same for the two speakers.

e.g. let's say both are rated at 8 Ohms, when connected at series, the load on the amp would be 16 Ohms, but the volume would be cut to half. When connected at parallel, the volume on both each speaker would be the same as attaching only one except that this time, the impedance would be 4 Ohms. Why parallel? The volume would be higher since two speakers are now operating at the same spl/loudness. You need not worry about the impedance, I'm kaya yan ng amp mo. Going series would only defeat the purpose of having two speakers kasi mahina sya masyado. Unless you have two 4 ohm speakers and you'd connect both in series.  :)

Hope I helped.  ;D ;D
Making the most of what I've got

Offline dvh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #722 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:05 PM »
arthurallanj,

thanks sa info...by the way my AVR is kenwood VR806S - true 6.1 100 watts rms. 

just want to be sure..ang parallel is:

+ of both speakers are connected and they are connected thru the AVRs center surround + port
-  of both speakers are connected and they are connected thru the AVRs cneter surround -  port

right?

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #723 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 11:23 AM »
arthurallanj,

thanks sa info...by the way my AVR is kenwood VR806S - true 6.1 100 watts rms. 

just want to be sure..ang parallel is:

+ of both speakers are connected and they are connected thru the AVRs center surround + port
-  of both speakers are connected and they are connected thru the AVRs cneter surround -  port

right?

You got it!  ;D

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #724 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 10:30 AM »

Answering on behalf of Sir AV:

Bro vtec3,
This would not cause any problems since the speakers have a higher impedance than the amplifier when it is switched at this position. As it says there at the back of your amp, for the center and rear speakers, 6 Ohms Minimum. That means, it can handle speakers with an impedance of 6 Ohms or higher, since 8 ohms is higher than 6 Ohms, then you wouldn't have any problems. Then with your fronts, since I'm assuming you're only using just one pair of speakers, your Euros are rated at 6 Ohms, your amp can handle 4 Ohms or higher, and since 6 Ohms is higher than 4 Ohms, you won't have any problems. Again, I stress, that is if you only use just one pair of front speakers, since using two pairs would oblige you to use speakers with impedance ratings of 8 Ohms or higher on both pairs.

Sir AV, thanks for obliging me.
 God Bless, my brothers.  ;D ;D ;D

Sir Arthurallanj,

Thanks very much for your help and insights that you have shared.  I have purchased the Euros8 Tower yesterday and I am pretty much satisfied by its performance.  ;D

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #725 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 11:55 AM »

Sir Arthurallanj,

Thanks very much for your help and insights that you have shared. I have purchased the Euros8 Tower yesterday and I am pretty much satisfied by its performance. ;D

Kamusta Euros8? Di ba masyadong boomy?

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #726 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 01:42 PM »

Kamusta Euros8? Di ba masyadong boomy?

Sir Chito medyo boomy nga, binawasan ko na lang ang bass sa amps :)
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2004 at 01:43 PM by vtec3 »

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #727 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 01:44 PM »
bro magkano ba kuha mo jan? thnks
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #728 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 01:48 PM »
Nakakainggit naman kayo, excited na rin akong bumili ng Euros 8 towers, buti na lang bumaba na rin ang price sa mga dealers. Buying this December na, as soon as I get my bonus, Har har har har.  ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 02:05 PM »
Nakakainggit naman kayo, excited na rin akong bumili ng Euros 8 towers, buti na lang bumaba na rin ang price sa mga dealers. Buying this December na, as soon as I get my bonus, Har har har har.  ;D

Sir, fortunately I tried yung set na binibili ko medyo nagkaroon ng challenge dahil yung isang I think tweeter hindi tumutunog, so I got na lang yung display (at least two days ng na break-in).  :D

bro magkano ba kuha mo jan? thnks

Sir Php 5,560 ang kuha ko dun sa Tower sa SM Megamall. Pero it took a while naka tatlong balik ako bago ko nakakuha. Mukhang madami ang bumubili.  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2004 at 02:09 PM by vtec3 »

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #730 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 10:27 PM »
teka kala ko ba nagmura e last month pa 5560 ang cost ng euros8 floorstander!

anyway ako rin bibili na sa december...konting tulog na lang....may euros8 na ko!!!

so other users ng Euros8 pls post your feedback on your euros8!

TY

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #731 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 08:05 AM »
what amp/avr would best match this euros speaker?

Offline Yakuini

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #732 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 08:38 AM »

Yan ba yung sinasabi nyong Euro 8?

Currently owned DTX tower and center and Sony bookshelf as surround. Baka upgrade ako ang gawin kong front and Euro 8 and surround na lang ang DTX tower ko.

Ala naman sigurong problema sa timber matching since both came from the same manufacturer, ano?

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #733 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 09:38 AM »
what amp/avr would best match this euros speaker?

I am using a Yamaha HTR-5420 which I bought in the US.  Initially ang gamit ko as front speaker is a Bose 301 which I use now as my rear speaker at ni-retire ko na yung aking Bose na satellite.  Sounds better than my previous set-up now that I am using the Euros8 as my front speaker.

Have only watch two movies pa lang Face Off (5.1) at Atlantis (DTS) sounds better now talaga.

Currently owned DTX tower and center and Sony bookshelf as surround. Baka upgrade ako ang gawin kong front and Euro 8 and surround na lang ang DTX tower ko.

Ala naman sigurong problema sa timber matching since both came from the same manufacturer, ano?

Yup yan nga yung Euros8 na nabili ko although yung tower lang ang kinuha ko.  I suggest if ur buying one bring a SUV or a Pickup masyadong malaki kapag naka box hindi kasya sa car not unless  Honda Jazz ang car  ;D. I saw pa a pair of DTX tower sa SM Megamall which they are now selling at a discounted price.   ;)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #734 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 11:07 AM »

Wow, you probably don't need subs with those floorstanders.   ;D  And lakas siguro ng bass niyan.  Three woofers na, ported pa!!!

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #735 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 11:45 AM »

Sirs I think these were not the Euros series but rather the EFDs.  The Euros (8 and 6) I saw only have two woofers.    I maybe wrong...

cheers!
Know Thyself!

Offline Asktig

• Apprentice
  • Don’t always listen to what you’re told...think!
  • Liked:
« Reply #736 on: Dec 01, 2004 at 06:19 PM »
Mga sir, saan po ang repair shop ng dai-ichi? Tsaka plano ko po sana mag set-up ng 5.1 speakers using dai-chi balak ko sana ikabit sa sakura 387, ano mga recommended nyo na gamitin ko?

Thanks!  ;D

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #737 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 12:02 AM »
Yakuini,

Magkano ang discount na binibigay ng Daiichi megamall sa Euros8?  last time kasi ako nagtanong...a month ago price nya is 5560 PHP.

regards,
dvh

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #738 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 07:08 AM »

Sirs I think these were not the Euros series but rather the EFDs.  The Euros (8 and 6) I saw only have two woofers.    I maybe wrong...

cheers!

Mukha ngang di ito mga bros-- ;D these babies cost around 15k yata ::)

vtec -tnx for the mention of the price- ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2004 at 07:09 AM by jerix »

Offline dvh

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #739 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 08:05 AM »
guys,

here's the manila daiichi site -->  http://www.daiichi.ph/home.htm

and based sa pictures sa site na yan, mukhang iyan talaga ang euros8. 

maybe current owners of euros8 can help clarify this issue...can you post pics of your euros8?

dvh

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #740 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 09:46 AM »
Base on the Dai-ichi site, their EFD series looks much like their Euros8 and 6 series, with the same 3-woofer d'appolito array configuration.  Naiba lang sa woofer sizes and features. 
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2004 at 09:56 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #741 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 10:02 AM »
For those who will audition euros 8 please also audition pl-100. I think the pl-100 is better.

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #742 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 10:11 AM »
guys,

maybe current owners of euros8 can help clarify this issue...can you post pics of your euros8?

dvh

I checked my Euros8 last night and basically pareho din except that naiba lang yung layout/positioning nung mga woofer (yung nasa pinakataas is yung tweeter). I will try to post the pics tomorrow.  ;)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #743 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 10:12 AM »
Mga sir, saan po ang repair shop ng dai-ichi? Tsaka plano ko po sana mag set-up ng 5.1 speakers using dai-chi balak ko sana ikabit sa sakura 387, ano mga recommended nyo na gamitin ko?

Thanks!  ;D

The Daiichi service center is at their Raon Showroom in Raon Mall along Quezon. A lot of HTers love the Sakura-DTX 9.5 combo. It may even be better if you get Euros, but not necessary. The 9.5 system seems to be better matched with Sakuras since Sakuras have higher power for the front channels and lower power for the center and surround channels, which makes them complement each other since the 9.5 towers have clarity but is a bit weak on bass. And it would also be nice if you get a center speaker that has a ported enclosure since Daiichi centers are sealed, and in my experience, Sakuras find it a bit hard to drive them. A friend of mine drilled a hole, about an inch in diameter, behind his 9.5 center to get the best of both worlds, matching and lower power requirement, 'coz we all know sealed enclosures require more power for the same amount of cone movement. His Sakura-DTX 9.5 combo is great. This is the same friend who attached potetiometers on the amp's front speakers outs to regulate the volume of the front speakers.  ;D

Offline m0b1u5

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #744 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 10:16 AM »
guys,

dvh
sirs, I asked them that question before and according to them for EFD daw yung pics.  Anyway, I'll take pictures of the euros when I passed by the Dai-ichi showroom or let's just wait for the owners to post theirs.

cheers.
Know Thyself!

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #745 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 10:31 AM »
Base on the Dai-ichi site, their EFD series looks much like their Euros8 and 6 series, with the same 3-woofer d'appolito array configuration.  Naiba lang sa woofer sizes and features. 

This is actually the reason, Sir AV, that I once asked pickle, who works at Daiichi, if all the specs on their site is accurate since what is posted about the sensitivities of the 9.5 system is different between the actual product and on the site. And if everybody could notice, the pic of the Euros 8 on the site seems to have 3 woofers with the same sizes, but the specs say that its a 3-way system that has dual 8-inch woofers and a 5.25-inch midrange and a 1-inch tweeter. And note that it also says that the woofers of the towers are silver coated, maybe they found a way to coat it with silver that has a black color. And also note that the Euros 6 towers seem to have a better frequency response than the Euros 8 towers, from the woofer sizes of both, this would seem highly unlikely, maybe because it says on the specs, it has triple woofer drivers, but still. There are a lot of other seemingly inaccurate specs on the site, I hope the Daiichi people would correct it. My point? The site specs may really be inaccurate, so it's best to check the actual product.

Euros 8 owners,
Please post your Euros 8 pics if you can so we may all see. Especially me since I plan to get a pair of towers this month, thanks in advance mga bro.  ;D

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #746 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 10:41 AM »

I checked my Euros8 last night and basically pareho din except that naiba lang yung layout/positioning nung mga woofer (yung nasa pinakataas is yung tweeter). I will try to post the pics tomorrow.  ;)

How many woofers, bro? Does it have two woofers and a midrange, or three woofers? Is the enclosure shape actually like the Pregnant series EFD? Or rectangular din lang? Maybe we should all check the pics of all Euros owners.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2004 at 10:43 AM by arthurallanj »

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #747 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 10:50 AM »
sir art, what amp would you pair your euros8, sakura or yammy? audio or Ht?

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #748 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 10:58 AM »
sir art, what amp would you pair your euros8, sakura or yammy? audio or Ht?

I'm pairing those Euros with a Yamaha 650, already gave away my Sakura 1600. I'm more into HT, but I do love listening to music, and the Yamaha is just okay for me. ;D

Offline m0b1u5

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #749 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 11:41 AM »
For those who will audition euros 8 please also audition pl-100. I think the pl-100 is better.
i think too sir when i auditioned them.  mas detailed yung PL-100 compared to the euros na medyo boomy but i think the euros will fit my requirements, mura pa.

thanks.
Know Thyself!