Author Topic: Another videoke question  (Read 102482 times)

Offline srkid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Another videoke question
« Reply #240 on: Oct 08, 2016 at 02:00 PM »
Contemplating on which device to add to our current home videoke setup (bmb-1, sakura av 5023, kss10 speaker, Samson Q7 mic) that would give noticeable improvement.  Was exploring on mixers but had to stop as I got confused with the technicalities lol

Would like to seek any advise or guidance sana mga gurus.  Thanks in advance. 

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #241 on: Oct 08, 2016 at 03:46 PM »
Contemplating on which device to add to our current home videoke setup (bmb-1, sakura av 5023, kss10 speaker, Samson Q7 mic) that would give noticeable improvement.  Was exploring on mixers but had to stop as I got confused with the technicalities lol

Would like to seek any advise or guidance sana mga gurus.  Thanks in advance. 

I would recommend the mixer, depending on the model, there are so many benefits.

Don't give in to the technicalities, not using one leads to the dark side. The Force is strong in this thread... ;D

Offline srkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #242 on: Oct 09, 2016 at 08:05 PM »

I would recommend the mixer, depending on the model, there are so many benefits.

Don't give in to the technicalities, not using one leads to the dark side. The Force is strong in this thread... ;D

Thanks sir Jojo for the reply. 

Can you please give the specific brand and model? Hopefully not too expensive. Also I dont mind going to Raon to get a good deal :)
And may I know the mixer's benefits? in layman's term lang ha bro lol

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Oct 09, 2016 at 09:16 PM »
Thanks sir Jojo for the reply. 

Can you please give the specific brand and model? Hopefully not too expensive. Also I dont mind going to Raon to get a good deal :)
And may I know the mixer's benefits? in layman's term lang ha bro lol

You're welcome sir. :)

I use the Phonic AM440D, sir jnazareta has the Behringer 1202fx. One seems to be a clone of the other or both of them are clones. ;D Anyway, the brand and model is not that important, what you should look for is the ability for digital efx, 3-band British EQ/Tone, FX send and at least 4 mic inputs (para walang agawan ng mic haha). Phantom power is a nice feature if you might use condenser microphones, they are pretty expensive but still.

Having separate EQs for the mics is a very nice feature especially if you have different brand mics, this way you can tailor specific mics to your needs. I was able to buy a cheap mic for a little over 500 bucks and it sucks if I use the mic input in my T-40+, however, if I use it in my mixer I can compensate for it's overly presented highs.

Also, most videoke players have fx that have fixed delays, all you can adjust is the amount (wet/dry) of the echo. This is just so annoying sometimes and the "process" is goes through just messes up the sound from the mics. Parang laging barado ang ilong ng kumakanta.

There are so many sellers in Raon, kaunting ikot lang siguro and you'll end up owning one. Use the Force and make tawad tawad. ;)

Cheers

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #244 on: Oct 10, 2016 at 02:45 AM »
I'm using Wharfdale mixer. Okay naman siya. 4 channel mic, 2 stereo inputs, 3 band EQ per input.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline srkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Oct 10, 2016 at 10:35 AM »
Ayus sir Jojo and Nelson, kung happy kayo dyan sa gamit nyo mixers - pwedeng pwede na yan sa amin, yan na hahanapin ko :)  Sino ba suki nyo sa raon? para dun na din ako bili...

Ganito ba magiging connection? bmb-1 -> amp -> mixer -> mic
                                                                            l--> speakers

Bro Nelson, how much yan Wharfdale? wala yan sa raon online which i use for reference...
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2016 at 10:41 AM by srkid »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Oct 10, 2016 at 08:14 PM »
Ayus sir Jojo and Nelson, kung happy kayo dyan sa gamit nyo mixers - pwedeng pwede na yan sa amin, yan na hahanapin ko :)  Sino ba suki nyo sa raon? para dun na din ako bili...

l--> speakers

Bro Nelson, how much yan Wharfdale? wala yan sa raon online which i use for reference...

I bought it at one of my dealers, www.channel.com.ph

Here's the link to the product itself:

http://www.channel.com.ph/product/connect-1202fxusb/6046/?cate_no=196&display_group=1

There's a smaller one pero 2 mic input lang though it's cheaper.

Source (stereo)  - mixer stereo input
mic - mixer mic (balanced or unbalanced) input

output to power amp.

Kung sa preamp input niyo i-connect ang output ng mixer, KAILANGAN nasa set to zero or gitna (unity gain or zero db something) ang output ng mixer because mataas ang voltage output ng almost all mixers kasi ang ang basic ng pro-audio equipment.

Tukayo, hindi ko ma-explain pero nasa utak ko why. Haha! Would you kindly explain this stuff to others so they may benefit. It's not as simple as input output thing.
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2016 at 08:18 PM by Nelson de Leon »

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Oct 10, 2016 at 09:21 PM »

l--> speakers

Dito ko nabili yun sa akin sir, third owner na nga yata ako...

Anyway, simple lang naman sir pag setup, bmb-1 and mike mo pasok sa mixer tapos main out ng mixer pasok naman sa amp which drives the speakers.

Download mo mga manuals, para makapag "research" ka na din bago ka pa bumili. Google mo lang sir.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Oct 10, 2016 at 09:29 PM »
I bought it at one of my dealers, www.channel.com.ph

Kung sa preamp input niyo i-connect ang output ng mixer, KAILANGAN nasa set to zero or gitna (unity gain or zero db something) ang output ng mixer because mataas ang voltage output ng almost all mixers kasi ang ang basic ng pro-audio equipment.

Tukayo, hindi ko ma-explain pero nasa utak ko why. Haha! Would you kindly explain this stuff to others so they may benefit. It's not as simple as input output thing.

Usually naman Aux In ang gagamitin input papunta sa amp so dadaan pa din sa internal preamp ng amp nila yan.

Ah, hindi unity gain yon. You stop at 0dB sa main level so you won't overdrive the next stage - which is usually your amp. If not, you will hear clipping, para siyang crackling noise. Modern mixers have +4dBu at the ends which is only useful for pro audio signal chain, kadalasan gamit yan for Gain Structuring.

But to "simplify"  things and huwag kayo matakot mag mixer, just set it slightly lower than 0db para hindi ma overdrive ang input ng power amp. Sa gain/volume na lang ng power amp itself kayo bumawi to increase the volume.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Oct 10, 2016 at 09:41 PM »
Yan, diyan ka lang sa 0... although some amps can accept up to +5 naman. The idea is to have the least signal to noise ratio lang naman. Pag sumobra madidinig mo naman eh. ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Oct 10, 2016 at 11:38 PM »
Usually naman Aux In ang gagamitin input papunta sa amp so dadaan pa din sa internal preamp ng amp nila yan.

Ah, hindi unity gain yon. You stop at 0dB sa main level so you won't overdrive the next stage - which is usually your amp. If not, you will hear clipping, para siyang crackling noise. Modern mixers have +4dBu at the ends which is only useful for pro audio signal chain, kadalasan gamit yan for Gain Structuring.

But to "simplify"  things and huwag kayo matakot mag mixer, just set it slightly lower than 0db para hindi ma overdrive ang input ng power amp. Sa gain/volume na lang ng power amp itself kayo bumawi to increase the volume.

Ayun. Natumbok mo. 4DBu.

Yan, diyan ka lang sa 0... although some amps can accept up to +5 naman. The idea is to have the least signal to noise ratio lang naman. Pag sumobra madidinig mo naman eh. ;D

Correct! Dun na lang mag-adjust sa individual input controls.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Oct 11, 2016 at 01:24 PM »
Ayun. Natumbok mo. 4DBu.

Correct! Dun na lang mag-adjust sa individual input controls.

Use the peak LED indicators pag set ng individual mic level. Let it light up then back down a little. It's ok for it to blink from time to time but don't let it be lit at all times.

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2016 at 11:12 PM by JojoD818 »

Online jnazareta

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #252 on: Oct 11, 2016 at 07:39 PM »

Yes sir, you need to use the CD/Tape In for connecting your videoke source.

I'm not 100% certain it will work, but I did read the manual for the 1202 and though it is vaguely described how to use the CD/Tape option it's worth to try.

Other larger mixers have programmable/assignable post-fader options, let's hope we can use this idea to route only the source to one of your amps.

On the other hand, what you have now using a y-splitter works just as good, the only problem is you need to adjust two volume controls. My only worry is phase inversion during the processes but since this is only for videoke purposes (I don't mean to derogate) you may get away with it as it is.

Try lang, kaunting oras lang naman mawawala. That way you can fully understand the capabilities, as well as the limitations of your 1202.

Cheers

Hi Sir Jojo,

I did tried this route last Sunday and was able to isolate the sounds from the vocals from the mic. the down side is I still be needing an RCA splitter coming from the source (Platinum X-5) to hook 1 end to the cd/tape in and the other splitter goes to the 5/6 line in. I also need an extra PL connector for the control room out. Never the less this connection should work for me. I just set all the level control to 0 and the main mix level below the 0db position. Thanks a lot for answering all my queries... I'm still waiting for your compander sir jojo.. :)

Offline srkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Oct 11, 2016 at 09:01 PM »
Daming mixer ni Behringer & Phonic na magkakalapit presyo. Mukhang eto gagawin ko sa weekend - magbasa ng reviews

Phonic 440DP vs Behringer UB1202FX

Any tips?
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2016 at 09:02 PM by srkid »

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #254 on: Oct 11, 2016 at 11:15 PM »
yan din balak ko mag mixer sa videoke para sa family ko. :)

Online jnazareta

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Oct 11, 2016 at 11:20 PM »
Daming mixer ni Behringer & Phonic na magkakalapit presyo. Mukhang eto gagawin ko sa weekend - magbasa ng reviews

Any tips?

Both Mixers will fit your needs for videoke usage. Kindly advise if may mahanap ka po na Phonic 440D. Sinuyod ko na po ang raon and wala akong mahanap na Phonic 440D kaya nauwi po ako sa behringer. The advantage of Phonic sa behringer is yung repair. You can  bring your Phonic mixer sa Pioneer service center directly for repair while sa behringer you have to bring it back sa pinagbilhan mo and sila ang magdadala sa pagawaan.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM »
Both Mixers will fit your needs for videoke usage. Kindly advise if may mahanap ka po na Phonic 440D. Sinuyod ko na po ang raon and wala akong mahanap na Phonic 440D kaya nauwi po ako sa behringer. The advantage of Phonic sa behringer is yung repair. You can  bring your Phonic mixer sa Pioneer service center directly for repair while sa behringer you have to bring it back sa pinagbilhan mo and sila ang magdadala sa pagawaan.
Si Zamony ang distro ng Phonic. Same sa Wharf, Pioneer etc.

Offline srkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 07:39 AM »

Bro jnazareta, have you tried checking Nepco shop? also in Raon.

Meron sa suki ni bro Nelson - http://www.channel.com.ph/product/am-440dp/5039/?cate_no=141&display_group=1

Question, meron ba website where can do side by side comparo? para mas madali difference in specs.

Like this - http://raon-online.com/index.php?route=product/compare

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2016 at 07:50 AM by srkid »

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 11:10 AM »
Hi Sir Jojo,

I did tried this route last Sunday and was able to isolate the sounds from the vocals from the mic. the down side is I still be needing an RCA splitter coming from the source (Platinum X-5) to hook 1 end to the cd/tape in and the other splitter goes to the 5/6 line in. I also need an extra PL connector for the control room out. Never the less this connection should work for me. I just set all the level control to 0 and the main mix level below the 0db position. Thanks a lot for answering all my queries... I'm still waiting for your compander sir jojo.. :)

Hi Sir,

Glad to hear that. Keep on exploring the mixer, you can make your own routing once you understand your mixer more. It's the fun part.

You're welcome. :)

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 11:13 AM »

Any tips?

Halos same lang yan dalawa na yan sir. If ever may difference man sila kaunti lang, sonically speaking you wouldn't go wrong between the two.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 11:15 AM »
yan din balak ko mag mixer sa videoke para sa family ko. :)

Go na, it's a pretty good entertainment and investment for the kids din.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 11:28 AM »

Go na, it's a pretty good entertainment and investment for the kids din.
Correct! We are building experiences and memories for our children.

Minimum 4 mic input para may allowance.

Tukayo, Nakagamit ka na ng digital mixer? Yun nga bago ngayon, halos minimal na ang latency issues.

« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2016 at 11:30 AM by Nelson de Leon »

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 11:38 AM »
Correct! We are building experiences and memories for our children.

Minimum 4 mic input para may allowance.

Tukayo, Nakagamit ka na ng digital mixer? Yun nga bago ngayon, halos minimal na ang latency issues.

It builds confidence and actually gumaganda naman boses ng mga anak ko, well compared sa dati ha. ;D Before mahiyain pa humawak ng mic yan pag may occasion pero ngayon pag may nag request napagbibigyan na so for me it's money well spent.

Yes tukayo I was able to try a couple but it's in a studio/rehearsal setup. I believe as of now hindi pa worth ang cost to performance ratio ng digital mixers. Plus the fact na wala naman tayo paggagamitan niyan sa bahay. ;D

Offline srkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 12:11 PM »
Tumpak, masaya pang family at tropa bonding :)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 12:13 PM »

It builds confidence and actually gumaganda naman boses ng mga anak ko, well compared sa dati ha. ;D Before mahiyain pa humawak ng mic yan pag may occasion pero ngayon pag may nag request napagbibigyan na so for me it's money well spent.

Yes tukayo I was able to try a couple but it's in a studio/rehearsal setup. I believe as of now hindi pa worth ang cost to performance ratio ng digital mixers. Plus the fact na wala naman tayo paggagamitan niyan sa bahay. ;D
Ah that part I also agree with you re performance to cost ratio. Sobrang taas pa ng cost as in x6 minimum.

Online jnazareta

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 01:37 PM »
Bro jnazareta, have you tried checking Nepco shop? also in Raon.

Meron sa suki ni bro Nelson - http://www.channel.com.ph/product/am-440dp/5039/?cate_no=141&display_group=1

Question, meron ba website where can do side by side comparo? para mas madali difference in specs.

Like this - http://raon-online.com/index.php?route=product/compare

Thanks! :)

I did  checked with  channel.com.ph by calling them and they confirmed na no stock sila ng phonic 440d same hoes sa nepco sa raon. Yung raon online naman po is rayjin ang true name and no stock din sila. I even called LIS sa meganall and the only stock they have is the 240d. I end up sa stage point kasi sila ang suki kong store sa raon po.

Offline srkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 02:03 PM »
Thanks for the info bro jnazareta, mukhang mabenta yan Phonic 440DP.  Hanap-hanap pa more...

Musta pala, laki ba difference nung kinabit mo mixer sa karaoke? Ano comments ng mga singer? :)

Online jnazareta

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 02:31 PM »
Thanks for the info bro jnazareta, mukhang mabenta yan Phonic 440DP.  Hanap-hanap pa more...

Musta pala, laki ba difference nung kinabit mo mixer sa karaoke? Ano comments ng mga singer? :)

sir srkid, there's a noticable difference po compared to the previous setup that i have. yumg headroom paramg tumaas at naging wide ang boses ng mga singers. honestly po i have a friend that uses a mixer pag nag vivideoke session po kami kaso i was contemplating sa cost dati ng mixer where in yung phonic 440d and behringer 1202fx cost almost 10k. but now na bumaba na ang price and due to the influence ni sir nelson and sir jojo that seeing your kids and family enjoys while singing makes me think and weight that price is incomparable with the happiness you can give your family as we bond better while singing compared to watching movies..

Offline srkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 03:08 PM »
Nice.  May effect ba mixer sa scoring?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Oct 12, 2016 at 03:29 PM »
Nice.  May effect ba mixer sa scoring?
When you use the mixer, hindi na ata gagana ang scoring because the scoring is based on the mic input sa karaoke unit itself.