Author Topic: TROY (R3)  (Read 51979 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TROY (R3)
« Reply #150 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 04:42 PM »
diver.. maganda nga.. salamat sa pictures.. :)

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #151 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 04:47 PM »
what! lalagyan lang 'to ah! nilagay lang yung amaray case sa loob.  i was expecting ala scarface giftset
pero maganda nga  ;D
psst hemmi, kailan mo kukunin sa 'yo? ako bukas pa, bukas pa ako magkakapera eh hehe
kaw ha, dami mong binili  :-X :-X ;D

what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 04:50 PM »
got my copy at Astro Festival Mall at around 2:30pm

Here are some pictures that I took just now :-)

I guess I have to buy another size of resealable plastic for this one since it is much bigger than the plastic for the LOTR EE

wow ang ganda.I cant wait to get my copy tom. :)

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 04:52 PM »
Pero nakatakot siya i-handle kasi baka mapunit the case   :-\  I was so careful not to damage anything ... as in nag gloves pa ako  ;D

When I say mapunit the case, I meant doon sa spine niya.  Parang it's so fragile.

Kita mo naman Mr. H ha ... isang sabi mo lang, kuha ako kaagad ng pictures ha.  Does that mean takot ako sa iyo  ;D :o ;D LOL !!!!

Hmmm saka wala naman special movie postcard eh BUT they did give me a mini poster ( which I left behind  :( dahil sa sobrang gusto ko na umuwi )

Uhmmm saka wala din cellphone strap na binigay considering na i was one of the first who got in that branch. ( Not that I use a cellphone strap naman ) Just informing you guys lang :-)

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, this is still something to be proud of kasi the packaging was done nicely naman and even the gold embossing was done nicely and cleanly  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2004 at 04:58 PM by diver »
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 05:33 PM »
 Got mine at the Astro Glorietta around 3 PM today. Mayroon na silang coupon for the Magic Sing raffle. It also has the cellphone strap inside but I gave it to my friend. Tested my copy and it's OK. Based on some scenes I checked, maganda iyong transfer niya. I'll watch it in its entirety tonight. Mabuti na macheck agad kung OK iyong buong movie.  :)

Offline hardeco

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 05:42 PM »
does anyone know how limited itong limited edition natin? As in how many copies of TROY LE Philippine release ba ang ginawa or manufacture?

Offline Y_meeh

• DVD Addict
  • I want adventure in the great wide somewhere-belle
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 06:22 PM »
ty sa pics ms. diver kaya lang di ko pa makuha yung copy ko... la pa ko pera... as in nasaid nung astro sale ang ang cash
Lyf seems a succession of busy nothings - Austen

Offline Glenn Patrick

• Collector
  • I love New York!
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 06:30 PM »
wow... inggit ako!  :'(

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 06:42 PM »
Yikes, naunahan ako ni diver sa pix, hehehe..  ;)

Just got mine from Astro Greenhills. Got din the raffle tickets. I asked kung pwede ikalat sa different branches yung entries hindi daw ??? Wanted to increase my chances of winning that Magic Sing, hehe.. ;D

Overall, I'd say it's an ok buy specially if you had reservations. Have yet to open my copy (it's almost too pretty to open, hehe..). While it may not be as REALLY special as the Region 1 and Korean LEs, this is really a good first step in that direction, IMO. Sa uulitin!  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2004 at 06:43 PM by cherubrock »

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 06:44 PM »
Got my copy a while ago....diver is right the box is fragile one must take care of it so you can treasure it for a lifetime.

The booklet is cool....looks like the size of postcards inside baka yun na yung postcards that Sir Firewired mentioned on the front page.

I didn't get the poster and cellphone strap either.....nalimutan yata ni Mr. Tony the old man at Astro Sm North.

Offline RDyENT

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 06:47 PM »
Got my copy na from Astro SM North :)

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 06:57 PM »
keating and diver, the poster isn't really that great.. napagod pa ko balikan. Hemisphere just sent an sms na I have to open it to really appreciate it. But it's sooo pretty..  ;D

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 07:16 PM »
keating and diver, the poster isn't really that great.. napagod pa ko balikan. Hemisphere just sent an sms na I have to open it to really appreciate it. But it's sooo pretty..  ;D

What's the size of the poster bro? Its a good catch for the price of P1300.00 if you reserved a copy....might buy again for my cousin in the U.S. who was so generous in giving me TTT Extended ed.... :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 07:36 PM »
oh well.. finally got my copies of the LE set.. you really have to open it to appreciate it.. nice work on the inner side of the box which is different from korean LE's... great booklet.. english is a nice change for me.. hehehehe..

this is a fabulous and beautiful set every dvd collector must own. this set reminds me of Arahan LE btw.

one comment lang.. no dvd specifications on the outside package which i think is a protocol (ala RDA in food).. i think they forgot to include one because of the tight timings. and the posters should have been folded and be placed inside..

Good Catch for P1300.00 i must say.. Rnold,  i got one for you.. Yahoo! :)

« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2004 at 07:48 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 07:46 PM »
The box reminds me of my grandfather's Alhambra name of tobacco but thin instead of the thick box.... ;D

I wish all R3's will be like this and I'll buy it anytime instead of the R1 counterpart.  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2004 at 07:58 PM by keating »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:09 PM »

Kita mo naman Mr. H ha ... isang sabi mo lang, kuha ako kaagad ng pictures ha.  Does that mean takot ako sa iyo  ;D :o ;D LOL !!!!

Hmmm saka wala naman special movie postcard eh BUT they did give me a mini poster ( which I left behind  :( dahil sa sobrang gusto ko na umuwi )

Uhmmm saka wala din cellphone strap na binigay considering na i was one of the first who got in that branch. ( Not that I use a cellphone strap naman ) Just informing you guys lang :-)

diver
... lakas ko talaga sa iyo.. hehehehehe..  ;D ;D ;D

wala akong post cards at mobile phone strap!!  at magic sing raffle promo wala pa rin.. ???
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:10 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:27 PM »
keating and diver, here's a pic of the poster you forgot:

Not that great unless you're a real fan of Brad Pitt  ;D but it's free anyway.. and yes, diver, I've managed to preserve the shrinkwrap  ;)

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:35 PM »
Abaaaaa may talent si cherubrock.  Hirap kaya open yon without destroying the shrink wrap ... although, i didn't even attempt to do it  ;D

Uhmmmm can't decide if I want to get poster or not but like you said, it's FREE so why not ;D

I like that thing standing outside Astrovision na life size replica ni Brad Pitt  ;D ;D ;D

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:38 PM »
^ LOL diver  ;D At first nga they thought nauubusan na nung poster so they offered me a parang tent card made of cardboard pang-advertise nung release.. eh anu naman ang gagawin ko dun? Buti they found this pa under the counter.  ;D Now, the trick is getting the box back in the shrinkwrap..  ::)

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:41 PM »
Now, the trick is getting the box back in the shrinkwrap..  ::)

HAhahaHAAHAHaHAHAHaha NOW THAT's Something I HAVE to see  :o :o :o  Baka you'll end up damaging your case lang .... Whoaaaaa, that would really hurt  :o

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:43 PM »
hey..

you just need to cut 1/5 of the shrink wrap and place some 3m magic tape around to preserve the edge and for the plastic not to be torn.. i bet lahat nanonood ng Troy ngayon.. hehehehe

:)
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:49 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:45 PM »
Rdyent. Jetcmd and I got our copy at astrovision North this afternoon. We were able to fill up the raffle tickets ( 3 for LE, 2 if just the dvd) however, mang tony forgot to give us the cellphone strap nor the poster. Yup, it was a good buy. And yes i agree that the box looks so fragile. Unfortunately, di ko napansin na may small tear yung sa akin on the upper edge of the back cover.. natakpan kase yun nung shrinkwrap plastic :-[

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:47 PM »
keating and diver, here's a pic of the poster you forgot:

Not that great unless you're a real fan of Brad Pitt  ;D but it's free anyway.. and yes, diver, I've managed to preserve the shrinkwrap  ;)

Thanks for posting the pic....cherubrock. Baka di ko na balikan yan.... ;D

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 08:50 PM »
Rdyent. Jetcmd and I got our copy at astrovision North this afternoon. We were able to fill up the raffle tickets ( 3 for LE, 2 if just the dvd) however, mang tony forgot to give us the cellphone strap nor the poster. Yup, it was a good buy. And yes i agree that the box looks so fragile. Unfortunately, di ko napansin na may small tear yung sa akin on the upper edge of the back cover.. natakpan kase yun nung shrinkwrap plastic :-[

Garfield_3199 welcome aboard!

Same with me I didn't notice it because of the shrinkwrap....nung tanggalin ko yung plastic doon ko lang napansin.....

congrats to those who were able to preserve their shrinkwrap....cherubrock, diver & hemisphere..... :)

Offline jetcmd

• Collector
  • kids' doc
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Oct 12, 2004 at 11:11 PM »
Got mine from Astro North Edsa this afternoon. They forgot to hand out the cell phone strap as well as the mini-poster kanina, but as usual, the ever accommodating people of Astro SM north promised to give me the freebies when i comeback. Kung kasama lang sa ratings ang Troy, TOPS siya ngayon sa dami ng nanonood!  :) :) :)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 12:22 AM »
got my copy yesterday  afternoon from astroPLUS SM City Cebu but without the raffle ticket yet (sabi nila to follow nalang daw :( :( :()....

just posting this so as to inform our co-members from the south that we are being given the opportunity at the same time as our siblings from luzon, to savor the thrill & excitement of owning & viewing the very first limited edition version of a major dvd release exclusively in the phils....

:) ;) :D ;D

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 08:07 AM »
Naku, sa weekend ko pa kukunin yung sa akin.
I hope I don't run out of Poster.

What happen to the phone strap? Meron ba sya talaga o wala.
Is it inside the box o separate issuance?

Offline Rnold

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 08:37 AM »

Rnold,  i got one for you.. Yahoo! :)

thanks! owe you one.. now my wife can finally see brad pitt's as_  ;D

we haven't seen this movie yet... let me know if you'll be in the office today... makati lang ako today... thanks!

Offline patupup

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Family Man
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 08:44 AM »
Naku, sa weekend ko pa kukunin yung sa akin.
I hope I don't run out of Poster.

What happen to the phone strap? Meron ba sya talaga o wala.
Is it inside the box o separate issuance?
got my copy yesterday! watched it last night and the movie was great! Nice audio and video transfer, widescreen siya...
kaya lang, di ako nabigyan poster and cell strap... I guess di kasama ung strap sa box, kasi meron sana ako ngayon, hehehe...

anyway, it's a good buy for an R3 LE.  :)  Bili bili na! :D
shuffle up and deal!

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Oct 13, 2004 at 08:54 AM »

got my copy rin yesterday, its definitely a good buy ;D