Author Topic: SURPLUS SPEAKERS  (Read 194533 times)

Offline Nelson O

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SURPLUS SPEAKERS
« Reply #420 on: Nov 29, 2008 at 08:21 PM »

Hi,

Kindly share your comments/actual listening experience, if any,
using JBL L112. TIA! :)

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #421 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 03:39 PM »
Hello, would like to request for any feedback on these:

VICTOR ZERO 3Fine Speakers

http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2faudio-heritage.jp%2fVICTOR%2fSpeaker%2fzero-3fine.html

Hmmm. I seem to recall seeing victor zero 5 fine sa pier several times before. I remember not getting the 3 and 5 models because i was hoping lady luck will shine on me and bestow the higher models on me. In point of fact a week later, i found a Yamaha NS690 at the pier.
Please check out the cabinet of the zero 3 fine. I am not sure now but i seem to recall also that i found the box seemed a bit flimsy. I may be wrong on this though.
http://audio-heritage.jp/VICTOR/Speaker/index.html

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 11:30 AM »
Hmmm. I seem to recall seeing victor zero 5 fine sa pier several times before. I remember not getting the 3 and 5 models because i was hoping lady luck will shine on me and bestow the higher models on me. In point of fact a week later, i found a Yamaha NS690 at the pier.
Please check out the cabinet of the zero 3 fine. I am not sure now but i seem to recall also that i found the box seemed a bit flimsy. I may be wrong on this though.
http://audio-heritage.jp/VICTOR/Speaker/index.html

saw this one today (monday bonifacio day) being auditioned at pier by a guy with eye glasses. it seems not to promising dahil inayawan niya. forget to talk to the guy mukhang member din natin dito.
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline Reymer

• Trade Count: (+144)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 01:06 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I also saw the one at pier last saturday, its a Zero30fine. Never auditioned since walang woofer, nire-edge pa daw  ???

Offline sandawa

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Remember Hegel's dialectics!
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM »
I just want to share photos and impressions of my latest find, a Sansui S-alpha 9 speaker, data of which are hardly available online. I don't think this is an exceptional speaker, definitely not made for the alpha 907 series amps, but it was likely issued in late '90s -- current resale value in Tokyo's hifi online auctions from $100 to $150/pair. Sansui was an amplifier company and never re-established its reputation as hifi speaker manufacturer since it ended partnership with JBL in the '70s.

I got this, without tweeters, along with a cheap black Pioneer phono (PL-A350B), an upscale Sony tape deck (TC-K555ESx) and a multi-disc Pioneer CDP (PD-M50) for P5k from a junk shop here in Davao. Luckily, all four are working well now, but the S-a9s needed rehab. Found a pair of classic Bill Hecht (PhaseTech) soft-dome tweeters in my storage room, which fit the S-a9 holes. It's been in service for at least a week now.

Sensitivity could be in mid-90s (db) as it mimics large speakers. It plays louder and produces fuller sound compared with, say, the vintage Celestion SL-6 (I still have the original 6 and its successor, the 6s) whose sensitivity is at low 80s (db). S-a9 is a bit larger, actually deeper by about 3 inches, than the SL-6 and the KEF-101.  The good sound, however, breaks when played as loud as my JBL monitors. At least, the Celestions and the KEF (even the Epos 14) don't lose their character when played very loud, but they do exhibit inferiority compared with the heavyweights at live concert SPLs.

Anyway, here's my newest toy (with the candy-like look):

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2009 at 10:26 PM by sandawa »
thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Offline docsialu

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • with no power, comes no responsibility
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Mar 10, 2009 at 07:30 PM »
Good day everyone, can you pls help me find a link in the net about pioneer cs 989 speakers, cant seem to find any in the net, tnx in advance

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Mar 11, 2009 at 06:24 PM »
Good day everyone, can you pls help me find a link in the net about pioneer cs 989 speakers, cant seem to find any in the net, tnx in advance

http://urun.gittigidiyor.com/PIONEER-CS-989-SPEAKER-Vintage-1984_W0QQidZZ16161089
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline docsialu

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • with no power, comes no responsibility
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Mar 11, 2009 at 08:06 PM »
tnx sir a hobbit, appreciate it a lot,  ;)

although I cant understand the foreign language, hehe

found a pair of these speakers lying unused in the house when i came back home to the province and i was surprised to find that it plays so loud at mid 90db with my se el84 even louder than my old sansui speakers rated at 100db.  Perhap specs are not really accurate. And it sounds pretty good too with nice bass. 

Unfortunately one of the midrange has a little tear on it.

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: May 14, 2009 at 04:06 PM »
A month ago, I found a pair of Pioneer VSS-70 speakers in a local thrift shop here in Davao. These speakers are relatively huge and were offered to me at P3K/pair. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much info on these rare speakers except a reference on the net that it was a patented Pioneer design in the '80s for home theatre. It was supposed to reproduce the movie theatre sound requiring only two speakers. Apparently it was rendered obsolete with the release of 5.1, 7.1, etc. amp and speaker systems

The VSS-70 is a 5-speaker system (box: 12X18.5X36 inches) with a 10-inch woofer, 2 mid-range speakers and 2 tweeters on top of the box. The woofer and mid-range units are angled favoring the sweet spot and the tweeters are mounted on a V formation. It sounds very hot from mid to high frequencies but relatively good on bass. Efficiency is likely on the high '90s. It's a keeper for me, reinforcing my huge JBL 4430 and the Technics 7000, which both have 15-inch woofers.

I'm posting photos for the benefit of Pioneer brand enthusiasts as well as those who might encounter these vintage monsters in the future:

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #429 on: Jul 21, 2009 at 12:08 PM »
I just want to share photos and impressions of my latest find, a Sansui S-alpha 9 speaker, data of which are hardly available online. I don't think this is an exceptional speaker, definitely not made for the alpha 907 series amps, but it was likely issued in late '90s -- current resale value in Tokyo's hifi online auctions from $100 to $150/pair. Sansui was an amplifier company and never re-established its reputation as hifi speaker manufacturer since it ended partnership with JBL in the '70s.

I got this, without tweeters, along with a cheap black Pioneer phono (PL-A350B), an upscale Sony tape deck (TC-K555ESx) and a multi-disc Pioneer CDP (PD-M50) for P5k from a junk shop here in Davao. Luckily, all four are working well now, but the S-a9s needed rehab. Found a pair of classic Bill Hecht (PhaseTech) soft-dome tweeters in my storage room, which fit the S-a9 holes. It's been in service for at least a week now.
 ::)t toy (with the candy-like look):

sir sandawa,

mag salabat na ako baka pwedeng i-caroling -we-wish-u a merry krismas  ;D ;D  ::)

.....or earlier sagot ko na excess baggage  ;D  ;D ;D

up ^^^

wazzup @pierre?
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2009 at 12:16 PM by ojof00l »

Offline iamlistening

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #430 on: Sep 30, 2009 at 03:02 PM »
Hi! I am new here. Does anybody have any information or tried a Sansui XL-300 speaker and a Sansui classique 1300. I saw these today and it was selling for 5K and 4 k. The woofer of the Sansui XL-300 has a small tear in it. Will this affect the performance of the speaker?

I also saw a smaller advent speaker selling at 4K. Has anybody tried these kind of speaker?

I did not have the opportunity to audition these since I was on my way to work.  I thought that I should get more information on these first. :)

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #431 on: Oct 23, 2009 at 05:29 PM »
I just bought a Diatone DS-22BR and a Sony SS-7010 ULM from Little Chatty's last week.

There was also a Coral XV. Don't know if it is still there now.
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2009 at 05:34 PM by rascal101 »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Oct 23, 2009 at 05:34 PM »
Hi! I am new here. Does anybody have any information or tried a Sansui XL-300 speaker and a Sansui classique 1300. I saw these today and it was selling for 5K and 4 k. The woofer of the Sansui XL-300 has a small tear in it. Will this affect the performance of the speaker?

I also saw a smaller advent speaker selling at 4K. Has anybody tried these kind of speaker?

I did not have the opportunity to audition these since I was on my way to work.  I thought that I should get more information on these first. :)

Sir,

Where did you see this Sansui XL-300 speaker? I saw a Sansui speaker at Little Chatty's which looks quite similar.
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2009 at 11:48 AM by rascal101 »

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 08:52 PM »
It was in cubao in an US surplus store,in front of cubao expo:)

Offline Pandidoy

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • Collector
  • pandidoy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 113
« Reply #434 on: Jan 25, 2010 at 09:53 AM »
Bought Diatone ds66 ex yesterday for 4500pesos, ayaw magpatawad sa little chattys, konti na lang nagtitinda.May mga Bose ,technics pero konti lang din. Ewan kung mahal or mura yun nabili ko.

Offline tarsi

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Jan 26, 2010 at 07:15 PM »
pardon me but where is this little chatty's?

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #436 on: Jan 27, 2010 at 10:24 PM »

Same question...Speakers lang po ba tinda sa chatty's or meron ding avrs?
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline egzbuen

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Jan 29, 2010 at 09:42 AM »

+1

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Jan 29, 2010 at 09:20 PM »
Same question...Speakers lang po ba tinda sa chatty's or meron ding avrs?

Little Chatty's has amplifiers, speakers, CD players, DVD players etc. You can call them at 5260619 or 09184423309.

As the location of Little Chatty's has been bought up countless number of times, I would like to suggest the use of PDVD search facility. Pls look for "pier" or "little chatty".

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #439 on: Jan 29, 2010 at 11:44 PM »
^thanks for the info Sir ;D
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline doasmarx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Mar 15, 2010 at 03:36 PM »
calling all vintage experts any inputs on this one. I bought this one cheap pero ayaw naman gumana ng woofers maybe some loose connection on the network. medyo kakaiba yung woofer ano ba tawag sa ganyan style? it looks like a passive radiator or planar type woofer tho i havent opened it yet.

LoD HS M70

« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2010 at 07:25 PM by doasmarx »

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Mar 15, 2010 at 08:43 PM »
Kung ayaw gumana ng woofers, take them out and bring them to Raon or any technician who has experience in repairing speakers. Ang malamang na problema niyan misaligned magnet. Madaling ma-check yan kung conventional ang speakers mo -- dapat naglalaro yung cone, spider at walang sayad ang coil pag tinulak mo yung dust cap.

Madalas ganyan ang problema ng surplus speakers -- dahil sa transport. Hindi shock-proof yan, besides mahina na ang glue ng magnet dahil nga vintage. My experience is that speaker technicians in Raon are bara-bara. Kaya pumili ka ng magaling. Dito sa Davao roughly P150 per unit ang singil ng pinakamagaling sa alignment ng woofer magnet. Dyan sa Maynila, parang mas mahal yata, huwag lang doble ng Davao rate, okay na basta malinis ang gawa. 

Offline doasmarx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 03:12 PM »
Kung ayaw gumana ng woofers, take them out and bring them to Raon or any technician who has experience in repairing speakers. Ang malamang na problema niyan misaligned magnet. Madaling ma-check yan kung conventional ang speakers mo -- dapat naglalaro yung cone, spider at walang sayad ang coil pag tinulak mo yung dust cap.

Madalas ganyan ang problema ng surplus speakers -- dahil sa transport. Hindi shock-proof yan, besides mahina na ang glue ng magnet dahil nga vintage. My experience is that speaker technicians in Raon are bara-bara. Kaya pumili ka ng magaling. Dito sa Davao roughly P150 per unit ang singil ng pinakamagaling sa alignment ng woofer magnet. Dyan sa Maynila, parang mas mahal yata, huwag lang doble ng Davao rate, okay na basta malinis ang gawa. 

you're right sandawa loose pigtail lang pala and some rewiring sa network. Gumagana na and sounding very good. this Lo-D/Hitachi is giving me a different outlook(positive) towards Hitachi audio gears ok pala talaga basta Made in Japan lol

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Mar 20, 2010 at 05:24 AM »
When I look at this Lo-D speakers, I am reminded of the Aurex SS-F07 speakers of my dad which has similar woofer.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2010 at 02:31 PM »
Hi To All,

Kindly give as much feedback and/or details as you can about any or all of the following speakers.  

Denon SC-T777SA
Pioneer S-77 Twin SD
JBL TZ-1

All of the above were originally listed as Yen120,000 per pair. Of course, Im not getting them brand new.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010 at 03:19 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline iamlistening

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: May 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM »
Hi To All,

Kindly give as much feedback and/or details as you can about any or all of the following speakers. 

Denon SC-T777SA
Pioneer S-77 Twin SD
JBL TZ-1

All of the above were originally listed as Yen120,000 per pair. Of course, Im not getting them brand new.

Thank you!

Sir,

Here is a link which has info on the pioneer S-77 Twin SD.

http://translate.google.com.ph/translate?hl=tl&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kameson.com%2Faudio%2F

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #446 on: May 28, 2010 at 03:11 PM »
here's the direct link to the pioneer s-77
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=tl&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.kameson.com/audio/S-77TWINSD.htm&rurl=translate.google.com.ph&usg=ALkJrhgVPfmpCMlF-KVHK566NaS69ymV8g
ayos sana, detalyado ang description at tweaks, kaso grabe translation, nosebleed!  ;D
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: May 28, 2010 at 04:04 PM »
here's the direct link to the pioneer s-77
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=tl&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.kameson.com/audio/S-77TWINSD.htm&rurl=translate.google.com.ph&usg=ALkJrhgVPfmpCMlF-KVHK566NaS69ymV8g
ayos sana, detalyado ang description at tweaks, kaso grabe translation, nosebleed!  ;D

Thanks.  No problem on the original Japanese texts and Ive read Kameson.com before.  Was hoping for more hands-on impressions from pdvd peeps sana.  

Also, I am concerned about the actual condition of the capacitors inside a 20 year old speaker enclosure.  The Pioneer I saw still definitely looks very very nice outside (merong 6 months warranty na tutunog - but not warrantied na tutunog to your liking).  I have done condenser replacement when I was younger in the 90s (hehehe), but Im not sure if I'm still keen on doing that now even though I can source out the original French brand caps.   Naging plug & play na kase ako for the most part and maiinis malamang ang Wife.   ;D    Meanwhile, I got 2 pairs of 2001 (2003 pala) model Onkyo floorstanders for fronts and rears - nag-match naman with the AX1 but I haven't stopped thinking about the bigger (and more attractively priced) older speakers yet (for front sana)..hehehe.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010 at 04:08 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: May 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM »
Hi To All,

Denon SC-T777SA
Pioneer S-77 Twin SD
JBL TZ-1

Thank you!

Mayroon po ako dati iyung S-77twinSD (nasa tatay ko na ngayon). Sa opinion ko lang, medyo patay tumunog iyung S-77twinSD. Hindi masyadong ma-high. Ok iyung mids. Iyung base ok rin. Hindi gaano detailed tumunog pero may improvement kapag pinalitan iyung mga capacitors ng polypropelene type capacitors.

Online TinkerTailor

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 218
« Reply #449 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 07:51 AM »
hi guys. tanong ko lang sana kung may mahahanapan na speakers sa pier na pwede pang proffessional application i.e. for an acoustic bar. you see my friends and i are planning to set up an acoustic bar and initially we thought of buying a pair or two of locally made speakers like daichi, but i thought of exploring the possibility of finding even cheaper, but still decent, alternatives in the pier.

by any chance, does anyone have any knowledge regarding this?