Author Topic: SURPLUS SPEAKERS  (Read 194523 times)

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Re: SURPLUS SPEAKERS
« Reply #390 on: Nov 14, 2008 at 04:41 PM »
Any good newly arrived speakers in the Pier lately?
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2008 at 04:41 PM by rascal101 »

Offline Lord Foo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #391 on: Nov 15, 2008 at 10:46 AM »
Hey Rascal, good day!!!

I went to the pier yesterday after a meeting at the nearby DPWH office just to window shop. I have spent my allocation for audio purchases on a Pioneer sa9900 recently so i had no plans to buy anything. I just wanted to have a good time. I left the motor of the van running with the wife sleeping while waiting for me.

I went the round of the audio stores in the area. There really wasn't any piece of earthshaking speaker that I saw.

Then in the last store in the street, there was a pair of heavy, modern bookshelf Onkyo speaker at the back of one store. They were sitting on top of a vintage looking technics speaker. (those vintage technics speakers which look like the tweeter was on a smaller box on top of a larger woofer box.) I didn't note the model since i wasn't interested in modern speakers but those bookshelf spears were quite heavy and good looking.
Beside it on the floor, was a pair of again, modern floor standers that looked good for Home Theatre purposes. They were bi-ampable already with nice speaker posts. I let them pass.

In the same store, I spied up a pair of Victor SXIII's. Not really top of the line speakers but with good internet reviews.
Except that i already have three pairs of the victor SX3, a two way model and was pretty satisfied with them for small room listening needs.

Then under the stacks was a pair of Victor SX5's. I tried to lift it up -Heavy. I checked out the cabinet - Nice wood with nice grain. I checked out the drivers, they looked original. The screws did not seem tampered with.

The SX5 is a three way... (there's an SX7 and an SX9 model in this series.)

I wondered if the sx5 is better than the sx3. They really looked like big and small brothers. I guess curiosity got the better of me and asked the technicians to hook up the sx5's. They used Yamana A6 amp. (by the way, there's a Yamaha A8 in one of the stores. This is almost top of the line. There is also a pioneer SA9800 amp somewhere in the pier. This is also almost top of the line.).

Open air auditioning of speakers is not really accurate and chancy at best. However, its better than not hearing the speakers and just relying on visuals. heheh. The speakers belched out good solid highs, mids and bass.

So i came home with a pair of new speakers that i don't need and are not top of the line although i have vowed to avoid buying 2nd raters and un-needed speakers. heheheh. There they are still wrapped in brown paper waiting for me to hook them up with the pioneer sa9900 i just recently acquired.

http://audio-heritage.jp/VICTOR/Speaker/sx-5.html

http://audio-heritage.jp/VICTOR/Speaker/sx-3.html

But this model probably a better unit to take home...The sx7

Somebody go get those SA9800... They'd be SA9500 in the US versions. They have those macho rack handles. With the jacks and connectors all set up on the sides instead of the back... These model does not have the light on the volume knob the way the 9900 have. I've read some great about both these models. Check out the yamaha a8 also. That amp is in the niji listing i think.
http://audio-heritage.jp/PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE/amp/sa-9800.html

Have a nice weekend everyone!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2008 at 10:55 AM by Lord Foo »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 12:30 PM »
Self imposed rules do give way to impulse ... hehehe

Nice speakers you got there.

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #393 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 02:44 PM »
Congrats Sir Foo...
You have 3 pairs of SX3? WOW!

Just played this weekend ,early in the morning my long forgotten Kenny G Greatest Hits (2cds) using below speakers...Heavenly sounding with those tenor saxophone hitting those breathless notes...feeling ko, Xmas bonus is in the air;D ;D.
I felt that my neighbors were listening with me & grinning from ear to ear...
Here are my Victors:SX3ii & SX5ii matched then with SA-8800...
I should look for that Kenny G Xmas album naman, for my next playlist...

musta na preng Rascal...Goodboy na ba handle mo :D
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2008 at 09:54 AM by dana »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 04:06 PM »
Santa anong regalo mo sa akin  ??? Good boy po ako ... halos wala akong upgrades this year ...
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2008 at 04:07 PM by rascal101 »

Offline sandawa

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Remember Hegel's dialectics!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #395 on: Nov 19, 2008 at 09:12 PM »

... The SX5 is a three way... (there's an SX7 and an SX9 model in this series.)

I wondered if the sx5 is better than the sx3. They really looked like big and small brothers. I guess curiosity got the better of me and asked the technicians to hook up the sx5's...

In January, a friendly trader offered to me over the phone a package deal: a pair of JBL 4313 and a pair of Victor SX-500II. I replied that all I needed was the 4313. When I dropped by his shop an hour later and tested the SX-500II, I changed my mind and went home with both pairs.

I don't know but maybe, the SX-500II is the updated version of the SX-5. It looks more like a revised SX-3 though. What appears like high-quality teak wood as well as shiny gold-plated metal lettering below the woofer make it expensive-looking. It was produced in 1989 and had a price quote of 90,000 yen per pair. Sound is neutral and comparable if not better than my British speakers.

Here are some photos:

BTW, Victor speakers -- like Mitsubishi Diatone -- seem to be very popular among Japanese enthusiasts. Here's a survey of the most popular speakers among readers of Japan's STEREO magazine (right side of the web page): http://speaker.kir.jp/
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2008 at 09:16 PM by sandawa »
thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Offline dana

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 09:54 AM »

Agree Sir Sandawa, your SX500ii looks better and classier than the SX3.
Nice wood grains,round soft front corners,gold looking metal emblems
Added feature is its bi-ampable capability.
Havent seen such in our local pier though ???

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #397 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 10:20 AM »
In January, a friendly trader offered to me over the phone a package deal: a pair of JBL 4313 and a pair of Victor SX-500II. I replied that all I needed was the 4313. When I dropped by his shop an hour later and tested the SX-500II, I changed my mind and went home with both pairs.

I don't know but maybe, the SX-500II is the updated version of the SX-5. It looks more like a revised SX-3 though. What appears like high-quality teak wood as well as shiny gold-plated metal lettering below the woofer make it expensive-looking. It was produced in 1989 and had a price quote of 90,000 yen per pair. Sound is neutral and comparable if not better than my British speakers.

Here are some photos:

BTW, Victor speakers -- like Mitsubishi Diatone -- seem to be very popular among Japanese enthusiasts. Here's a survey of the most popular speakers among readers of Japan's STEREO magazine (right side of the web page): http://speaker.kir.jp/

congrats!

ganito ba yung fone call? >>>>   hello nani?  ang dagdag, ang dagdag?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 10:29 AM »
Whoa... great looking stacked set-up Sir Dana..
I've tried speaker stacking with a pair of Large Advents but haven't gotten around to stacking the SX3 yet. (Actually, i also have 2 pairs of KLH sixes that i haven't gotten around to stacking yet. I used to buy orphan units of klh six and large advents. I've ended up with 2 pairs and 1 of the large advents.)

i seem to recall reading somewhere, that one of the results of the stacking tests made on the Large Advent during the Stacking phenomena in the 70's was that they sounded best with the top pair turned upside down so that the woofer driver is on top. Also, it was noted that the drivers of the top and bottom speaker pair are best setup perfectly aligned. The fact that the two pairs put on top of each others have the same specs is important. Therefore, a stack of SX3s or a stack of SX5s may sound better than a combination of SX3s and SX5s. lol Maybe... i'm just extrapolating from what i've read.

Some have even attempted stacks of three pairs!!! They even tested the speakers stacked on the sides but it seemed important that the 2nd set of  highs are nearer your ears when listening.

Also as per the specs on the brochures, the Large Advents and the SX3 and the SX500II, goes down to 35 Hz only whereas the SX5 goes down to 30 Hz!!! I have tested the advent by sending test tones to the speakers. At 30 hz.. the woofer just vibrates with intermittent sound coming out.
The SX7 goes down to 30Hz also but the SX7II and the SX9 reaches down to a chest thumping 25Hz.

Still - the famous NS1000m claims only 40 hz while the NS690 goes down to 35hz. (the NS10M has 60hz at the bottom)

The pioneer HPM100 goes down to 30 hz.

You can see the various victor speakers on the site below. Click on the thumbnails to see the detailed speaker specs.
http://audio-heritage.jp/VICTOR/Speaker/index.html

Hi Sir Sandawa...awesome looking speaker sir. Methinks i would have also immediately preferred the JBLs..i'd pick them over a lot of other speakers anytime, anywhere.  ;D . But with the speaker mania that we have...i'd probably end up with both speakers as long as i have enough money left for gasoline.

I checked my SX5, the wood grain is different from your much better looking SX500II. Mine has a similar wood grain to the Yamaha NS690 and the yamaha CA1000 integrated amps.

When i have the time, i will try speaker A/B testing the sx3 and the sx5. Have you done that sir dana?

« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2008 at 11:50 AM by Lord Foo »

Offline dana

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 03:25 PM »
Whoa... great looking stacked set-up Sir Dana..

i seem to recall reading somewhere, that one of the results of the stacking tests made on the Large Advent during the Stacking phenomena in the 70's was that they sounded best with the top pair turned upside down so that the woofer driver is on top. Also, it was noted that the drivers of the top and bottom speaker pair are best setup perfectly aligned. The fact that the two pairs put on top of each others have the same specs is important. Therefore, a stack of SX3s or a stack of SX5s may sound better than a combination of SX3s and SX5s. lol Maybe... i'm just extrapolating from what i've read.

Some have even attempted stacks of three pairs!!! They even tested the speakers stacked on the sides but it seemed important that the 2nd set of  highs are nearer your ears when listening.

When i have the time, i will try speaker A/B testing the sx3 and the sx5. Have you done that sir dana?

Hi Sir Foo.

I just stacked them up because they looked good that way ;D ;D ;D
Also, just to save some precious space for other toys around :D.
I think stacking up with the one on top in reverse  is what they term the D'Apollitto arrangement.
Yup ,that what has been said, but could be proven further maybe via  polar diagram or freq response plots,time/phase alignments, etc.

The connection thru my SA8800 above is via speaker out A (for SX3ii pair) & speaker B (for SX5ii).Its easy to  A/B compare using this set-up or integrate them seamlessly via A+B setting   (my setting at moderate volume only, being cautious for any Impedance drop presented to the amp...)

SX-3ii sounds neutrally flat to me as compared to  pronounced mids from SX-5ii.
Anyway, via L pads from both, you can tune to taste.
The bass is just tight-ok, maybe being a closed box design.
I just like the sound character,design & built of both.Yes, they both weigh hefty by modern stds.
Regarding KLH, what I have is a KLH5... its a totally different animal naman, sounds good rin.

« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2008 at 03:46 PM by dana »

Offline toknining

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 07:01 AM »
has anyone elses ahve any experience is getting used speakers from the pier? just like  having your surplus amp, surplus cpd...... maybe an all surplus set-up is in order there-after. ;)

well, personally i got my first taste of surplus speakers about 3 weeks ago, a technics bookshelf, SB-3:

with the following details:

year released:  81

Design Principle, Enclosure or System Type:  Acoustic

Woofer Diameter, in.: 9

Tweeter Type and Diameter, in. : 1.125, disc

Anechoic Frequency Response, Hz to kHz, + dB: 43-35

SPL, 1 Watt/ 1Meter, dB: 87

Impedance,Ohms Nominal/Minimum: 8

Dimensions, Inches (To Nearest Inch)WxDxH: 10x9x18

Net Weight, lbs.: 19

MSRP, US$, Each (Unless noted otherwis): 450.00 pr.

had this while scouting the pier (together with 3 other kwela boys!) for new arrival cdps, which turned out na the week after pa pala ang arrivals.  >:(

very impressive ang sound quality, specially for voice and instrument, good imaging capability, and nice condition pa, all parts working, well heck even the grill is intact, no punit :o...... i leave the other views and reviews on this speakers to those who have listened to it na. ::)

special thanks goes to sir BGA_VI, if not for him i wouldnt have gotten this speaker. nice of you to BI me sir.  ;D hehehe

Tol, makisingit lang.
Mayron din mga tube amp dun?
Anong pier yan? baka pwede mo bigay address para masilip naman minsan.

Offline toknining

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 07:03 AM »
makisingit lang po.

Mayron rin bang tube amp?
Baka pwede mahingi address para masilip minsan

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 08:28 AM »
congrats!

ganito ba yung fone call? >>>>   hello nani?  ang dagdag, ang dagdag?  ;D ;D ;D

Rene,

Ganito yung nangyari:

AKO: Mushi-mushi

TRADER: Bai, pautang naman ng P15K ngayon, kulang pera ko. May nag-offer sa akin ng EV package for only P35K, baka may makauna.

After one hour, akin na yung 4313 at SX-500II for P12K;). To think that in December, he wouldn't sell those rare 4313s to me at P10K ;D. In effect, parang nakuha ko yung SX-500II ng P2K.
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2008 at 08:32 AM by sandawa »

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 10:31 AM »
Hi nani,

Mushi Mushi anone!!!

Ganito ba ung JBL 4313 mo?
Ported pala ano? 800 usd yata ang MSRP nito.

Here's a JBL experience i had at the pier.

Actually bihirang bihira akong makakita ng JBls sa Pier. In fact only once. Sometime ago, i missed out on a JBL 4312a at the pier.
Tinawaran ko na ng 4500 at binigay. However, the woofer was black not white. The case was really decrepit. It was haphazardly splashed over with black paint from a spray can without the seller/owner going over it with sandpaper to clear out the obvious scratches. But on close inspection the case was still solid. No evidence of a flood damage. :) Thinking back -- i know i can make those boxes look great again after stripping and then using oil on them.

However, I had the impression then that these sought after JBL monitors had white woofers. So kinulet ko ung vendor. I was trying to pin him down on the history of the woofers. Have they been replaced? bakit white? To make a long story short. I went around muna to look at the other shops. found a sony ES cdp. Then went back to the store. Unfortunately nairita pala sa akin ung vendor. Di natuloy yung bilihan.  Nabawasan na rin ung pambili ko so di na ako gumawa ng paraan to humor the vendor's obviously piqued pride. (My bad!!!)

A few weeks later the speakers where gone. I console myself by imagining that the woofer drivers must have been replaced.  ;D

I still have to get hold of one of those gems like sir sandawa's (at an acceptable low price to me of course. heheh. If money were no object, you can get them somewhere, somehow. However, part of the high in this hobby for me is the 'smug-happy feeling"   ::) of having bought a great unit at a basement price.  ;D

Okay let me meander some more about JBLs.
...Medyo out of topic but waddaheck!!!

I had better luck with non-surplus JBLs in other thrift stores.

Later, i got hold of a locally assembled JBL FL100. I posted the refurbishing i think in another thread. I had fun with the refurbishing job.  My brod recapped all capacitors; i found and sourced replacement tweeters; scraped the multiple layers of thick brown varnish, did some minor sandpapering, sprayed flat black on the front, and oiled the cabs; ah, i also added some wood strengthening inside the cabinets. The insides of the unit are definitely 4311. However, the box is entirely different. I listen to the fl100 almost daily.

Zilch the JBL guru over at AK calls them a mini-l300.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131342&highlight=lordfoo

Fresh from the thrift shop.

scraped and sandpapapered

Oilled without staining.

Later, i got hold of a Pair of JUBALs now on loan to a delighted a brother of mine. You won't believe the bargain i had for this pair.  ;D (< --- boasting with uncontrollable glee.)

Much much later, i took a pair of JBL L50s off the hands of my favourite thrift shop. My brod did some refurbishing to the pair and they are now singing happily for my Father in Law.
The l50 looks like this...

and i still want a JBL monitor in the order of sir sandawa's 4313.

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 10:38 AM »
makisingit lang po.

Mayron rin bang tube amp?
Baka pwede mahingi address para masilip minsan

toknining.. if you are asking about tubes at the pier...That is also a rare occurence.
Once i found a Hybrid luxman lv105 at the pier. It has tubes alright but detractors of the model/and the hybrid technology claim that the tubes are there in the unit only for marketing purposes.

address?
Well if you are at the luneta park, roxas blvd.
Face north...
travel for about a kilometer till you come to a rotonda.
Turn left and park at the stores you will find 40 meters from the rotonda..
You'll find the stores there. There is one store in the mall on the right.
The rest are in the stores on the sidewalk rigth after the mall. just ask around for the audio stores.
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2008 at 10:43 AM by Lord Foo »

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 01:40 PM »
Foo,

The JBL-4313 pair I got has black face but with dark blue grills. It's something like this (but no WX letters on the model badge): http://www.audio-heritage.jp/JBL/speaker/4313wx.html
I will post photos later since my camera batteries are dead.

True, the late '80s tube Luxmans (LV hybrids) built by Alpine engineers did not get a good response from Japanese audio enthusiasts compared with the original valve or even vintage solid-state Luxmans. I was looking at Japan pricings of the LV series and noticed an aberration -- while the 105s and 109s now sell at roughly 20,000 yen average (about the same price as a used Sony 333ES), the LV-107s sell at roughly 30,000 yen. There could be something special in the 107s that we should look at when some of these units drift on our piers. Check here: http://yackdb.s138.xrea.com/htmlmb/mdllnk.php?mn=L&ch=m_

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2008 at 02:07 PM by sandawa »

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #406 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 02:04 PM »
i was able to purchase a lv 103 from our buy and sell forum recently and i kinda like it compared to my old marantz integrated amplifier my only problem with it is the lack of bass

i am curious though if i can change the tubes that are attached to it.. im not that techy though so i havnt tried opening it.. would u guys have any idea on what tube it uses ?

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 02:25 PM »
We're OT here since this is a "SURPLUS SPEAKERS" thread. Anyway, from the LV hybrid photos on K-nisi/Niji and Audio Heritage websites, it's either a pair of 12au7, or 6CG7. The best way is to check it yourself by removing the front panel.

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #408 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 02:51 PM »
sorry about that thanks for the reply sir

Offline toknining

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Nov 22, 2008 at 09:35 PM »
Lord Foo,
Thank you sir sa info. Try kong tingnan baka may makita ako dun.

salamat ulit

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 08:17 AM »
i was able to purchase a lv 103 from our buy and sell forum recently and i kinda like it compared to my old marantz integrated amplifier my only problem with it is the lack of bass

i am curious though if i can change the tubes that are attached to it.. im not that techy though so i havnt tried opening it.. would u guys have any idea on what tube it uses ?

in the LV103, the 6FQ7/6CG7 tubes are configured as long-tail pair differential voltage amp feeding a pnp bipolar emitter follower buffer that drives the output Mofets.....

the circuit is designed so that as the tube ages, consistent gain is still possible....

if you are not happy with the bass, you can use the built-in tone controls to compensate for apparent lack of bass...
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline docsialu

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • with no power, comes no responsibility
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:25 PM »
Gud day to you guys,

Somebody is selling me his jbl l65 jubal bullet and l150a speakers, are these good value speakers, and how much is the selling price nowadays? tnx

reviews please, tnx

docsialu

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: Nov 28, 2008 at 12:49 PM »
Those are definitely good speakers. Local resale value is erratic and unpredictable since those sold by local residents are mostly with defects/repaired drivers. But I always consult Japan's resale value which is available in time series based on Yahoo auction transactions (unit condition is however uneven). Look here:

http://yackdb.s138.xrea.com/htmlmb/mdllnk.php?mn=L

For mint condition units sold as used in Japaan, I use this as reference (type the model number):

http://www.hifido.co.jp/sold/indexe.html

Offline docsialu

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Nov 28, 2008 at 02:21 PM »
Thank you sir sandawa, ill take a look at the actual units if theyre ok,  btw are these speakers hard to drive? i have a 60watts el34 pp and a 6 watts el84? can they drive these jbls? tnx again

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Nov 28, 2008 at 10:34 PM »

whoohoo check out the two 12 inch drivers per speaker.

these are the L65s

i have a pair of L65a. My brother uses it now. He claims the speakers are "perfect for his ears".

I have no experience with the L150a so i cant make any comparisons.

But i just saw an ebay post selling an L65 for 980 usd and another for USD 750; somebody at the Lansing form was commenting recently that L65s used to sell for around 650 usd but have recently been selling for more than a 1000 usd.

check out the Lansing Heritage forum. The most knowledgeable JBL afficionados in the planet are probably in the forum.

hey sir sandawa, whats your take on the jbls? how would you rank the L65, the L150a and the one that you have, the L4313? add the 4312 and the L100 to the rankings.  ;D

By the way, JBls are not surplus speakers... ;D

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Nov 29, 2008 at 09:12 AM »
Once i found a Hybrid luxman lv105 at the pier. It has tubes alright but detractors of the model/and the hybrid technology claim that the tubes are there in the unit only for marketing purposes.

erroneous claim! the tubes in that amp really serve a purpose and not just for marketing purposes.
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Nov 29, 2008 at 09:48 AM »
whoohoo check out the two 12 inch drivers per speaker.

hey sir sandawa, whats your take on the jbls? how would you rank the L65, the L150a and the one that you have, the L4313? add the 4312 and the L100 to the rankings.  ;D

By the way, JBls are not surplus speakers... ;D

I have never owned L65 and L150 so I can't make any comparison. They're supposed to be very good as mentioned. From original pricing alone, I think L65 and L150 are superior compared with the 4313. But it still boils down to individual preference, assuming he has listened to those models over a long period of time. The JBL's I've owned in the past were the L100 Century, 4311, L56, L96 and currently 4430, 4313, and J316 Pro.

Offline docsialu

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: Nov 29, 2008 at 11:30 AM »
I still havent seen the actual units till now but the guy quoted 27k for the l65 and 10k for the l150a, mahal pala ng l65.

Offline Reymer

• Trade Count: (+144)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Nov 29, 2008 at 12:01 PM »
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2008 at 12:01 PM by Reymer »

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: Nov 29, 2008 at 02:20 PM »
Thank you sir sandawa, ill take a look at the actual units if theyre ok,  btw are these speakers hard to drive? i have a 60watts el34 pp and a 6 watts el84? can they drive these jbls? tnx again

Vintage JBLs are easy to drive and usually high efficiency -- over 90db. Yes, tama ang presyo sa L65 kung all original, P27K is less than $600.

Reymer,

Nandito ang used price ng Zero 3 Fine sa Japan Yahoo auctions -- disregard the less than 1,000 yen figures, kadalasan manual lang yun or boxes with defective drivers:

http://yackdb.s138.xrea.com/auview.php?m=ZERO3FINE
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2008 at 08:04 AM by sandawa »