Author Topic: Official Cayin Thread  (Read 227367 times)

Offline Music4Life

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Official Cayin Thread
« Reply #300 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 12:08 PM »
"So just choose which tap on your amp will sound best."

It won't hurt my Amp and speaker with long hours of use ??? Will it make my Amp "very hot". I know tube amp tends to be hot but VERY HOT???

Thanks.

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 01:55 PM »
Guys... your CD players just arrived today.  YAY! 

Please contact Noel so that we can schedule your deliveries. 

YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 02:01 PM »
Sir Bogsle  WOW...  hehehe.  Didn't know the CDT-17 made such a big mark on you  :)  But thank you for the positive review on the unit.  It was compared to a $10,000 CD player so i guess you can double your money on that dare   ;D   http://finallink.com.au/picts/Cayin%20CDT%20review.pdf

Sir Adam... which dealer did you go to?  The A-100T has always been in stock and you may audition it anytime.  Just pm me when you are free just in case it is out on home audition. 

Cayin matches well with B&W since it can tame its highs quite well.  You may either bring your bookshelf to our showroom so that we can flip flop amps and you may do an A-B-A test.  Or we can also schedule a home audition for you. Either way audition and let your ears decide.

A-70 and A-100 owers here might also give you their 2 cents worth.  :)  I know there are a few active members here who uses Cayin with Sonus, Aurum, B&W, Vandersteen, Dyns and even a thiel. :)

Baket ganun, i-compare ba naman ang CDT-17A sa TT setup using Koetsu 80 Pickup.

HINDI FAIR!!!!  HINDI FAIR.......sa ibang CDPs.... ;D

Kasi comparable na talaga sa TT/Vinyl setup ang tunog ng CDT-17A, ganun ba yon?

Yung ibang CDPs kasi naiku-compare lamang sa kapwa CDPs din eh..... ::)

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2007 at 03:56 AM by Bogsle »

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Jul 12, 2007 at 01:01 AM »
guys...

we are very happy to read the positive expiriences with our products.  however, please refrain from posting comparative names when doing reviews as this sometimes lead to misunderstanding that we have other objectives in mind.  thank you again.

back to regular programming.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #304 on: Jul 13, 2007 at 01:00 AM »

Kasi comparable na talaga sa TT/Vinyl setup ang tunog ng CDT-17A, ganun ba yon?

just a thought, but more of a query, was there an actual A-B using the same equipment and the same material, both in CD and LP for the comparison??...what were the distinct characteristics that made you say that the CDT-17A's sound reproduction is comparable to a Vinyl/TT Set-up...

PS: I'm an owner of a Mundorfed Cayin CDT-15a, thanks! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Jul 13, 2007 at 12:46 PM »
just a thought, but more of a query, was there an actual A-B using the same equipment and the same material, both in CD and LP for the comparison??...what were the distinct characteristics that made you say that the CDT-17A's sound reproduction is comparable to a Vinyl/TT Set-up...

PS: I'm an owner of a Mundorfed Cayin CDT-15a, thanks! :D

Thanks bro for the question, 'will be glad to reply.

You're right, it was not played side-by-side with a TT setup, but rather with another CDP.

The main objective of the audition was mainly to compare the two CDPs. This is how it all started. However, we were suprised at the results. I'm not going to elaborate on the comparison of the two CDPs, since that's not your query.

I'm not a TT owner, but I have experience with them thru friends' setup, listening sesstions, and even audio shows of course.

My impressions of a TT setup (which I envy a lot) are often having a bigger soundstage, much  rounder detail, heavy sounding, and the separation and layering of performers and/or instruments on better systems. However, in as much as I would like to be able to own a TT, I don't have the patience and resource for it. Kaya hanggang pakinig na lang ako in amazement. Asside from the tics and pops for course, those impressions are basically what I remember about the general sound of TT setups.

With the Cayin CDT-17A, the first impression was the very big soundstage, that's one. I remember how we had to move our seats a couple or three feet back against the wall and the door of the room. I remember asking my friend why started looking at the ceiling and walls of the room. And he said I'm trying to see (or image maybe) the expanse of the soundstage in the room. As in WHOWA! We were all surprised and got overwhelmed immediately at the start.

Next, was that big heavy, ballsy bass sound. I think I remember that my friend mentioned he did not realize his speakers could play such bass. I beleive he's been trying to improve on this by experimenting with different cables and interconnects in the past. Upon hearing the CDT-17A, someone immediately said, "so that was the missing link". My friend may have learned that he ONLY needed the CDT-17A to satisfy his bass need. I suppose that's the last of his cable and interconnect changing when he get's his new CDP.

Regarding the detail, no question about it. It was full of well rounded, crunchy detail and so lively. The music was very dynamic. Layering was great. There was clear spacing between instruments. The soundstage was deep as it is wide. Voices were so realistic, which was the exact comment that my friend's dad said when he heard the setup. By the way, his dad was not into audio.

We'll okay, it may not sound EXACTLY AS a TT would sound probably. But it was very, very close enough that the difference, for me, was very minimal. Thus, it made me think of getting this CDP and probably forget about my TT craving.

But then, these are my impressions based on experiences of other TT setups that I've heard, which I used as basis for my assesment of the performance of CDT-17A.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2007 at 08:44 AM by Bogsle »

Offline mannix

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Jul 14, 2007 at 06:53 AM »
sir,
can you pls PM me your available cd players in your shop cayin,etc. Brand/cash price.
tnx! ;D

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Jul 15, 2007 at 10:27 AM »
I believe noel replied to this already.  should he have not pls pm me.

do visit our showroom sir so that you can see the models firsthand.  map at www.audioamplified.com

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #308 on: Jul 15, 2007 at 11:13 PM »
Thanks bro for the question, 'will be glad to reply.

You're right, it was not played side-by-side with a TT setup, but rather with another CDP.

The main objective of the audition was mainly to compare the two CDPs. This is how it all started. However, we were suprised at the results. I'm not going to elaborate on the comparison of the two CDPs, since that's not your query.

I'm not a TT owner, but I have experience with them thru friends' setup, listening sesstions, and even audio shows of course.

My impressions of a TT setup (which I envy a lot) are often having a bigger soundstage, much  rounder detail, heavy sounding, and the separation and layering of performers and/or instruments on better systems. However, in as much as I would like to be able to own a TT, I don't have the patience and resource for it. Kaya hanggang pakinig na lang ako in amazement. Asside from the tics and pops for course, those impressions are basically what I remember about the general sound of TT setups.

With the Cayin CDT-17A, the first impression was the very big soundstage, that's one. I remember how we had to move our seats a couple or three feet back against the wall and the door of the room. I remember asking my friend why started looking at the ceiling and walls of the room. And he said I'm trying to see (or image maybe) the expanse of the soundstage in the room. As in WHOWA! We were all surprised and got overwhelmed immediately at the start.

Next, was that big heavy, ballsy bass sound. I think I remember that my friend mentioned he did not realize his speakers could play such bass. I beleive he's been trying to improve on this by experimenting with different cables and interconnects in the past. Upon hearing the CDT-17A, someone immediately said, "so that was the missing link". My friend may have learned that he ONLY needed the CDT-17A to satisfy his bass need. I suppose that's the last of his cable and interconnect changing when he get's his new CDP.

Regarding the detail, no question about it. It was full of well rounded, crunchy detail and so lively. The music was very dynamic. Layering was great. There was clear spacing between instruments. The soundstage was deep as it is wide. Voices were so realistic, which was the exact comment that my friend's dad said when he heard the setup. By the way, his dad was not into audio.

We'll okay, it may not sound EXACTLY AS a TT would sound probably. But it was very, very close enough that the difference, for me, was very minimal. Thus, it made me think of getting this CDP and probably forget about my TT craving.

But then, these are my impressions based on experiences of other TT setups that I've heard, which I used as basis for my assesment of the performance of CDT-17A.

Thanks.

Thanks, bro!

Thanks for the detailed sharing of your impressions...most people have that "impression" that TT sound reproduction is heavy sounding, rounder, detailed, etc...but believe me there are TTs that sound thin, edgy and even worse than sub-P10k CD Players...WHY?? again, it all boils down to system matching...You were very lucky to be able to listen to a "well-synergized" system, and eventually enjoyed the sound of the TT...the culprit may be the TT, the tonearm, the cartridge, or even the cables...what is important is that you enjoyed....that is what matters...i am very sure your new CDP properly synergized with your mastersound amp and Dali Ikon 6 speakers...

Honestly, it is very difficult to compare or even do a review of a CDP vs. a TT...IMHO it would be unfair because we cannot compare apples to oranges...there are so many other factors to consider...proper cartridge alignment, kind of tonearm, cables used, etc...in the same manner that still IMHO it is unfair to compare a tubed CDP vs. a non-tubed CDP...but this is me...and i am sure people will respect me for my opinion...

Good luck...i am very sure the next time you'll go into tube rolling for your CDP...let me know how i could be of help...in the meantime, ENJOY! Thanks! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Jul 16, 2007 at 07:14 PM »
Thanks, bro!

Thanks for the detailed sharing of your impressions...most people have that "impression" that TT sound reproduction is heavy sounding, rounder, detailed, etc...but believe me there are TTs that sound thin, edgy and even worse than sub-P10k CD Players...WHY?? again, it all boils down to system matching...You were very lucky to be able to listen to a "well-synergized" system, and eventually enjoyed the sound of the TT...the culprit may be the TT, the tonearm, the cartridge, or even the cables...what is important is that you enjoyed....that is what matters...i am very sure your new CDP properly synergized with your mastersound amp and Dali Ikon 6 speakers...

Honestly, it is very difficult to compare or even do a review of a CDP vs. a TT...IMHO it would be unfair because we cannot compare apples to oranges...there are so many other factors to consider...proper cartridge alignment, kind of tonearm, cables used, etc...in the same manner that still IMHO it is unfair to compare a tubed CDP vs. a non-tubed CDP...but this is me...and i am sure people will respect me for my opinion...

Good luck...i am very sure the next time you'll go into tube rolling for your CDP...let me know how i could be of help...in the meantime, ENJOY! Thanks! :D

Thanks also for your comments.

I'll let you know more about the CDT17A later on.

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Only Taxpayer's should Vote !
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Aug 17, 2007 at 06:21 PM »
Buti pa si Bogsle, naka CD 17 na.   :D

Only tax payer's should vote !

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Audio is hobby not obsession
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 04:08 PM »
Anyone tried upgrading the opamp of CDT-17a? Feedback please...

Cheers

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #312 on: Sep 14, 2007 at 04:51 PM »

Cheers

very soon...  8)

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 04:55 PM »

Cheers

gastos lang yan.  :D  Si pareng Bogsle nag upgrade na daw.  ;D

Offline Music4Life

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 10:26 PM »

Cheers

I did. Changed the two 604's from the stage output to BB627 and the four 604's to BB134. More detail but that's it. It's not a day and night difference. Just enjoy what you have right now, no need to upgrade. I even changed the tubes to telefunken but still, it's not a day and night difference.

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 12:21 PM »

I even changed the tubes to telefunken but still, it's not a day and night difference.

Anyone tried this? I replaced mine with Amplerex 6922, boy  :o there was a big difference.

How about you guys have you tried replacing your stock tube?

Cheers
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2007 at 12:22 PM by Adam Warlock »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 12:46 PM »
My humble personal opinion is that owners who want to upgrade tends to feel more of the difference if they know what they are looking for then tailor their upgrades to acheive that goal.  Different tubes have different characteristics.  Amperex, tele, mullard, etc etc.  Likewise, caps have different characteristics - even within the Mundorf family itself.  While there might not be a BEST tube or cap or anything... if you look carefully, there is the best tube, cap, etc for your ears and pocket.  :)

As for opa... i dont know much about it so no comment hehehe

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 01:43 PM »
Sige na nga.

I replaced the six pieces of 604's to BB627.  The difference noticed - space surrounding the singer.  The stage is clearer, wider, deeper.  Again, the word is "space".

I didnt notice the difference, only until about 15 hours of breaking in. 

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #318 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 05:14 PM »
wow congrats

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 03:28 PM »
Galing sir. Do you have spare? pahiram hehehe

Cheers

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 11:12 PM »
my cd17 is performing it's best ever these days.  Mundorf caps, opamps, especially the new 6922's settling in.  My system now sounds like having monoblocks.  cant go over 9oclock, otherwise i need to get a bigger room.  details are so crystal clear, especially when paired with those ribbons. 

I can now play opera's with no complaints on dynamics, power, or depth.  Mundorf Silver Gold really is very transparent, and dont forget dynamic !  CD17 was the missing link in my system ! 
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2007 at 11:18 PM by Le_Stat »

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 12:08 PM »
Wala pang updrade, maganda na ang CDT-17.

What more kung idagdag pa ang mga ito sa mix?

1. Mundorf Caps
2. OPA627AP and OPA627BP
3. Seimmens (E88CC) 6922 Goldpins
4. Upgraded DIY Shunyata Braid Cable
5. Klotz 105GR interconnects w/ Eichmann Bullet Plugs soldered with Mundorf Silver solder.

Sagot: Analog sounding?

Baket question mark ang ginamit ko? Kung period or exclamation point kasi yung end ng sentence ko malamang may sasagot ng tanong na may question mark. So, inuunahan ko lang.

I other words, no one should tell me that I heard wrong, because it's my ears that I use to listen with and not theirs.

« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2007 at 12:09 PM by Bogsle »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 06:20 PM »
My bad.. we never got to introduce this beauty.  Cayin's most powerful integrated amplifier.

A-100T

Power Output: 70W (EL34)/ 100W (KT88)
Vacuum Tube Component:
- 8 x EL34 / KT88
- 2 x 6CG7
- 2 x 12AU7
- 1 x 12AX7

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #323 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 11:44 AM »
is the a-70t the only tube rectified integrated amp from Cayin ?

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 04:36 PM »
don't know much about tubes...but would B&W 601 S3 be match to the cayin A50T? and CD50T

how much ba the following? A50T and CD50T

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 05:05 PM »
is the a-70t the only tube rectified integrated amp from Cayin ?

Sir A70 and A300B.  The latter is single ended but well rated in the US.  Please check our website for details and reviews

www.audioamplified.com

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 05:12 PM »
don't know much about tubes...but would B&W 601 S3 be match to the cayin A50T? and CD50T

how much ba the following? A50T and CD50T

Sir sent you pm on tubes and prices

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 09:11 PM »
wake up call sa mga nag upgrade diyan. hehehe.

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #328 on: Jan 18, 2008 at 02:55 PM »
wake up call sa mga nag upgrade diyan. hehehe.

Hangang tube, caps and opamp upgrade ko lang eh :D :D :D

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Jan 22, 2008 at 01:35 PM »
Dear Friends,

Cayin has been one of the hottest brands in 2007 garnering numerouse reviews.  Below are some of them for your reading pleasure.