Author Topic: iMAtZ THxEATER  (Read 188220 times)

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MAtZTER's DEN
« Reply #120 on: Nov 03, 2005 at 04:18 PM »
Ricky, Marlai, Abad: Hehe, kailangan nga ng rehab center, I cant stop buying... ;D.

But I usually go for the ones on sale... para I can buy more. Usually, R3 is good enough for me, unless may DTS, DTS-ES or DD-EX sa R1 & wala sa R3. The better R1 packaging and the special features isnt a big deal at all for me.

And basta wag lang mga DVD5 na C-Interactive release  >:(.

Congrats on your upcoming new toy...wish i could afford that. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HAHA! YOU of all people! (in tagalog "IKAW PA!") you can afford it many times over, may sukli pa  ;D ;D
A good portion of the "Whats the latest addition to your system" thread belongs to you & your never ending cool new gears ;D ;D

Thats great news on the AE900! makes me more excited for it.
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2005 at 06:00 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Nov 03, 2005 at 05:31 PM »
sir matz, saw the review, 4.75 out of 5....it will be an excellent buy indeed!!!  november na.....hehehe ;D ;D ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Nov 07, 2005 at 11:00 AM »
Marlai: Konting tulog na lang!

My funny scenario during the Nov. HIFI show:

MAtZTER sees a DLP projector w/ an awesome picture, approaches salesguy:

MAtZTER: How much is that projector?

Salesguy: Sir, mga one something po.

MAtZTER: Ahhh, magkano exactly? (thinking to himself, pag one hundred something thousand, ok na to, pag ipunan na lang.)

Salesguy (looks at price list): Sir, ONE POINT THREEE MILLION po.

MAtZTER walks away to another room      ;D ;D ;D

It was a pleasure to meet Levi, Vojdiaz and Firewired at the Pinoydvd room. Also, met Hans Adrianne, Jetok, Audioslave, Rony, Edboy, New Age, Depth of Field, Iceman, etc around the HiFi show..
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2005 at 01:08 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #123 on: Nov 07, 2005 at 12:06 PM »
he he he the best na talaga panny for the specs and price nya  ;D marami talaga mas maganda kaysa sa panny in terms of pq but the price difference is so big that youll be thinking kung worth pa ba yung difference in price with the specs. Anyways im sure after a year or two upgrade na naman ulit for something better and more reasonable than buying a replacement bulb. ;)

Offline Abad Santos 7

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #124 on: Nov 08, 2005 at 09:53 AM »
Sir Matz,

Basta dumating ang bagong Toy, huwag na huwag po kayong mawawala....we are waiting
for the review.

Read many Toys coming but need to consider value for money syempre...

lots of review on magazines pero iba paring magreview ang Pinoy lalo na sa PINOYDVD....

Cheers.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 06:16 PM »
Panasonic AE900 arriving next week! Ordered mine na!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #126 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 10:44 PM »
pasilip naman pagdating, sama ko si mishka my love ko ;D
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #127 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 11:07 PM »
Hi Matt,thank you very much for the invitation for me to audition the velo in a very nice environment.talo mo pa mag demo yung actual sellers  ;D  It was really nice of you,you've been such a gracious host to me and my wife.Not only your system but your whole house was perfect to us  :o . Dapat sa xmas may matanggap kang token from velodyne for encouraging a lot of us to consider their product  ;D ;D ;D grabe kang manghawa. Hopefully by sunday maiuwi ko na velo ko  ;D ;D ;D. regards also to your wife na lang and pls extend our appreciation for letting us into your home.

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 12:52 AM »
Panasonic AE900 arriving next week! Ordered mine na!  ;D ;D ;D

Pwede bang WEBCAST  ng gears mo sa audition?? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

peace!!!!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 11:26 AM »
Aldrinpsx: Hehe, low tech kami dito sa pinas  ;D

New Age: sure, why not.

Ang GWAPO ng kasama ni Mishka!!! Buti na lang naka crop yung pic, kung saan saan kasi nakahawak yung mamang yan eh.  ;D

Ricky: its a pleasure to meet you and your wife. You have been very helpful yourself in getting a good priced PJ screen for me since way back. Thanks for that. Thanks for the donuts too ;D.

After you left Godzilla was here. I continued watching the DVD and cranked up the volume of the Velo. Grabe, it was like Godzilla was stomping in the room. With Velo, who needs bass shakers ?!?!. Sayang, sana I was able to demo Godzilla to you.

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2005 at 12:24 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline vvt-i

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 12:02 PM »
matzter,

congrats in advance sa Panasonic AE900!!!! 

new_age,

parang iba ang ngiti mo sa picture ha.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 12:07 PM »
Aldrinpsx: Hehe, low tech kami dito sa pinas  ;D

New Age: sure, why not.

Ang GWAPO ng kasama ni Mishka!!! Buti na lang naka crop yung pic, kung saan saan kasi nakahawak yung mamang yan eh.  ;D

Ricky: its a pleasure to meet you and your wife. You have been very helpful yourself in getting a good priced PJ screen for me since way back. Thanks for that. Thanks for the donuts too ;D.

After you left Godzilla was here. I continued watching the DVD and cranked up the volume of the Velo. Grabe, it was like Godzilla was stomping in the room. Who needs bass shakers?!?!

Sayang, sana I was able to demo Godzilla to you.
mukha yata mapapa isip ako sa velo ah....grabe....wala na budget...what with the wedding renovation and stuff.....panny 900 pa, sana manalo sa lotto..... ;D ;D ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 10:44 AM »
Thanks Jet   :D

mukha yata mapapa isip ako sa velo ah....grabe....wala na budget...what with the wedding renovation and stuff.....panny 900 pa, sana manalo sa lotto..... ;D ;D ;D

Wow, wedding renovation! Ni rerenovate nyo ba yung venue ng wedding nyo? Bongga!  ;D ;D ;D'

Anyway, let me share how I did my DIY acoustic panels.
I shared this in another thread so I thought of putting it here as well for the benefit of other members:

1.) Get a cloth from Shell canvass that matches your curtain or room color scheme, its the cloth you use for computer chairs and acoustic partitions.
2.) Then get a carpenter to make square/rectangle supports with 1x2 wood, whatever size you want
3.) Wrap the cloth around the wooden supports and staple gun them
4.) Buy (fiberglass) insulation materials  from MC home depot. Cheapest was around P180 per sqm, last time I asked. But you need to put multiple layers of this to make it effective.
5.) Spread the fiberglass insulation on the wall and use thin pieces of wood (1/2" x 2") with nails on BOTH sides to nail your fiberglass to the wall
6.) With nails sticking out of the thin wood, just  hammer your cover to the wall gently.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 11:40 AM »

Wow, wedding renovation! Ni rerenovate nyo ba yung venue ng wedding nyo? Bongga!  ;D ;D ;D'

hehe, yup, me bagong raket na ako para mabili ko lang mga pangarap ko na HT gears, katulad ng sa iyo... ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2005 at 11:41 AM by marlai »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Nov 22, 2005 at 02:24 PM »
Approved by Mrs. Matz yesterday (for our bedroom), for purchase by Jan., 2006 :

Hitachi 32" LCD TV, remote control swivel, 1 billion colors  ;D ;D ;D

Also wanted a Denon 1920 and a 15m HDMI cable. But she gave me that look. This time nakunsensya na ako talaga ;D. Pinagbigyan na nga ako sa TV, so wag naman abuso  ;D.

DOWN boy! down!!!  ;D ;D

PS. AE900 coming this week!!! squirm! squirm!
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2005 at 05:23 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #135 on: Nov 22, 2005 at 05:11 PM »
CONGRATS, Matt! :D :D :D samahan mo na ng softdrinks bin, popcorn machine and sandwich maker...para sineng-sine na talaga! ka-swerte naman ni mrs. matzter :D :D :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline devo

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 09:29 AM »
Thanks Jet   :D

Anyway, let me share how I did my DIY acoustic panels.
I shared this in another thread so I thought of putting it here as well for the benefit of other members:

1.) Get a cloth from Shell canvass that matches your curtain or room color scheme, its the cloth you use for computer chairs and acoustic partitions.
2.) Then get a carpenter to make square/rectangle supports with 1x2 wood, whatever size you want
3.) Wrap the cloth around the wooden supports and staple gun them
4.) Buy (fiberglass) insulation materials  from MC home depot. Cheapest was around P180 per sqm, last time I asked. But you need to put multiple layers of this to make it effective.
5.) Spread the fiberglass insulation on the wall and use thin pieces of wood (1/2" x 2") with nails on BOTH sides to nail your fiberglass to the wall
6.) With nails sticking out of the thin wood, just  hammer your cover to the wall gently.

Hello Matz,

very interested in your DIY acoustic panels, a few questions if you don't mind:

1. when buying the fiberglass, is it in rolls or in panel form, would like to know for the correct transpo to bring when buying.
2. can you please detail the minimum quanity of layers for it to be effective.
3. is there any ratio needed for application on the wall in terms of sqm... meaning how many sqm of fiberglass needed for a
    particaular size of wall also in terms of sqm. what would you recommend, placement, etc.
4. does the fiberglass come in any other colors?

thank you very much for any help extended. BTW........ very nice place and set up you got there.
rock and roll is here to stay...........

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 09:55 AM »
Superman: Haha, wala nang space.  ;D

Hello Matz,

very interested in your DIY acoustic panels, a few questions if you don't mind:

1. when buying the fiberglass, is it in rolls or in panel form, would like to know for the correct transpo to bring when buying.
2. can you please detail the minimum quanity of layers for it to be effective.
3. is there any ratio needed for application on the wall in terms of sqm... meaning how many sqm of fiberglass needed for a
    particaular size of wall also in terms of sqm. what would you recommend, placement, etc.
4. does the fiberglass come in any other colors?

thank you very much for any help extended. BTW........ very nice place and set up you got there.

Thanks bro. Here are my answers:

1.) There are panels and its also available in roll. Unless your HT room is auditorium size, a pickup or revo/AUV would do. But if you are also going to insulate the walls and ceilings of adjacent rooms like we did, you might need a delivery van. Our fiberglass volume would fit a L300 delivery van. Its a good thing it was free  ;D.
2.) 2 layers would be enough. 1 layer is too thin.
3.) Hehe, this is just a DIY project, I didnt use any software for acoustics or any computation. Its just more on what I learned from the internet after several months of browsing. I couldnt type it all here, it would be way too long or I have forgotten most of it ;D
My placement of the panels is a result of the location of curtains and other factors that I could not avoid. Its more of a problem solving case, its a unique case for every room. And different rooms need different treatments depending on the room size, shape and placement of windows, etc.
4.) I know its usually yellow, I forgot the other colors if there were any. Check out a store in MC depot Ortigas, they sell it at P180/sqm.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2005 at 10:11 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline devo

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 10:39 AM »
Superman: Haha, wala nang space.  ;D

Thanks bro. Here are my answers:

1.) There are panels and its also available in roll. Unless your HT room is auditorium size, a pickup or revo/AUV would do. But if you are also going to insulate the walls and ceilings of adjacent rooms like we did, you might need a delivery van. Our fiberglass volume would fit a L300 delivery van. Its a good thing it was free  ;D.
2.) 2 layers would be enough. 1 layer is too thin.
3.) Hehe, this is just a DIY project, I didnt use any software for acoustics or any computation. Its just more on what I learned from the internet after several months of browsing. I couldnt type it all here, it would be way too long or I have forgotten most of it ;D
My placement of the panels is a result of the location of curtains and other factors that I could not avoid. Its more of a problem solving case, its a unique case for every room. And different rooms need different treatments depending on the room size, shape and placement of windows, etc.
4.) I know its usually yellow, I forgot the other colors if there were any. Check out a store in MC depot Ortigas, they sell it at P180/sqm.
thanks a lot Bro............... inputs well-appreciated.
rock and roll is here to stay...........

Offline Abad Santos 7

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #139 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 10:51 AM »
Sir Matz,

Mas kami yata excited sa gears nyo....

Wish could join the demo at your place once ok....

Cheers.

Offline dayday

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 11:21 AM »
"Also wanted a Denon 1920 and a 15m HDMI cable. But she gave me that look. This time nakunsensya na ako talaga . Pinagbigyan na nga ako sa TV, so wag naman abuso  ."

Where can I get the 15m HDMI cable?

Thanks
PT-AE8000, Marantz7702, Samsung7500, N9000ESx2, AMC 2N100-5, CP-6311, X-616, S-520x4, Concept Subx2

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 03:24 PM »
thanks a lot Bro............... inputs well-appreciated.

Ur welcome.  :)

Where can I get the 15m HDMI cable?

Thanks

Singapore  :)

Mas kami yata excited sa gears nyo....
Cheers.

Thanks bro  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2005 at 04:38 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #142 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 05:42 PM »
pare, next time ms matagal ako mag-stay ha (at hindi sa guard house lang, hehehe!)...maybe next weekend?? tamang-tama supergirl is arriving, thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 10:02 AM »
Sure, no problem  :).

Offline elmers

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 01:51 PM »
Approved by Mrs. Matz yesterday (for our bedroom), for purchase by Jan., 2006 :

Hitachi 32" LCD TV, remote control swivel, 1 billion colors  ;D ;D ;D

Also wanted a Denon 1920 and a 15m HDMI cable. But she gave me that look. This time nakunsensya na ako talaga ;D. Pinagbigyan na nga ako sa TV, so wag naman abuso  ;D.

DOWN boy! down!!!  ;D ;D

PS. AE900 coming this week!!! squirm! squirm!

Matt, I can picture Matz giving you that look.   :D Anyway, am glad you were able to decide on it na.
my first time in months to go to pinoydvd forum. hehehe.  iwas temptation. hehehe.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 11:07 AM »
brother, andyan naba panny ae900?  kumusta sya?  ganda yata ng kingkong dyan pag lumabas na sa dvd!! woohooo!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 11:58 AM »
Matt, I can picture Matz giving you that look.   :D Anyway, am glad you were able to decide on it na.
my first time in months to go to pinoydvd forum. hehehe.  iwas temptation. hehehe.

Thanks Elmers! (Elmers is a regular visitor to the house)

Oo nga, iwas temptation. Me I am always here, so puro temptation.  ;D

brother, andyan naba panny ae900? kumusta sya? ganda yata ng kingkong dyan pag lumabas na sa dvd!! woohooo!!! ;D ;D ;D

WALAAA pa rin! Grabe , I am reeling from the excitement and there are so many guests from abroad coming to the house this season and the AE900 is still not here!!!  :-[ :-\ :'(.

Hopefully I get one this week.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2005 at 11:00 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 07:18 PM »
Matt,

Wala pa panny mo?? gusto ko rin makapanood.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dhoyax

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Dec 08, 2005 at 10:41 AM »
awesome matz.............malaki-laki din yata ang budget nito..........thumbs up ako!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Dec 08, 2005 at 11:14 AM »
Matt,

Wala pa panny mo?? gusto ko rin makapanood.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Its coming today! I will be installing it tomorrow. Grabe, I was sleepless last night thinking of this (and how to wall mount the LCD TV)  ;D.

awesome matz.............malaki-laki din yata ang budget nito..........thumbs up ako!

Thanks Bro  :)

I read somewhere that the room comprises 50% of the listening experience, a THX guy said this I think. So I decided to put some budget on the listening room rather than upgrade the gears. And I do believe it worked. My upgrade itch for audio has stopped (or slowed down significantly).

Too bad I cant say the same for my upgrade itch for video.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2005 at 12:04 PM by MAtZTER »