Author Topic: iMAtZ THxEATER  (Read 188317 times)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
Re: The new MAtZTER's DEN
« Reply #300 on: Jan 28, 2006 at 12:40 AM »
Thanks Sanmigph & s2kov. Hilig lang talaga sa hobby yan. At sabi nga ni ricky, maarte daw kasi ako  ;D.

elvenears: The genesis 12ga wires is cheap in Raon (less than P50). It doesnt get any cheaper than that for 12ga wires.

av_phile1: sir I am ok with my current room conditions, I dont see any problem at all with them. And I dont really prefer total darkness, its the reason why I chose LCD for the bedroom, para lights on naman. There is also a Feng Shui reason why I chose the LCD, but its too funny to mention.  :D

I just called a HK dealer regarding the IR device for the zone 2 project I mentioned above. The Harman Kardon IR sensor costs P7500! and its just an IR sensor! Geez, does anybody know if you can use other (cheaper) IR devices on the HK?

Pare saludo ako syo. ;D I bet with all your diy projects hindi lang tuhod,likod kung hindi pati leeg sumakit syo. ;D ;D ;D ngayon nice and neat na talaga ht room mo. As for the IR dont bother with it na, its much better for you to spend for a decent HTIB than spend 7t na im sure would be probably be worthless when you upgrade your harman. ;) Just take it easy bro, Good things come to those who wait di ba,just like your ae900 sabi ko wait mo na lang instead of the 700.Sayang LCD kung pilit mo ma set-up with out your dream gears,dami pa occassion para magkaroon ka approval from your BOSS ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006 at 12:14 PM by ricky »

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #301 on: Jan 28, 2006 at 11:13 AM »
matt, i would be needing your help by next month...grabe, galing talaga! :) :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #302 on: Jan 28, 2006 at 11:33 AM »
very neat tlaga Mat :)....wish that i had tot of cable management  before moving in...suki kasi ako ng plastic molding e. 8)...sama sama pati catv wire hehehehehe....btw dito dito lang ako gumagala around GB3 and 4  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2006 at 11:34 AM by edboy7 »

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #303 on: Jan 30, 2006 at 12:29 PM »
Thank you sir AV & sir voj  :). I agree, they priced it knowing you will be saving a 2nd AVR. Oh well.

Thanks ricky, but all of this is just for planning purposes lang naman. But I find HTiB to be a waste of money kasi its not flexible. My goal is still to make this upgrade as economical as possible & I will spend only when budget would allow. But you are right, I need to take it easy and slow down my pace. Baka biglang ma-execute yung plans ko ng di oras.  :D

Medyo bulky din kasi yung bookshelf speakers and I am hoping for the "stealth" look you mentioned but I dont know any good satellite-sub combos around. I once installed a SCS series in a friend's HT and used to recommend it before, but medyo masakit sa tenga when I tried to listen to it again lately.

Superman, sure, you know where to call. Hehe, Basta wag mo lang ako papuntahin ng Davao.  ;D

Edboy: Thanks, kaya pala I see you in that area a lot  :).
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2006 at 10:27 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Jan 30, 2006 at 04:57 PM »

Sir Matt,

This is a picture of the infrared items I bought.  The name of the company is Xantech.

The one on the right is the receiver, the middle is the dual mini emitter, and on the right is just an extension cable.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 09:30 AM »
Pare i heard may bago ka experiment sa gear connection mo and you were so happy with it  ;) galing mo idol,thats what i call dedication ;) ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 10:53 AM »
Thanks for the picture sir Voj!

Pare i heard may bago ka experiment sa gear connection mo and you were so happy with it ;) galing mo idol,thats what i call dedication ;) ;D

YES I DID! grabe cloud 9!

I bi-amped the M34 last night upon the advice of the HT technicians in Park Square.

Removed the speaker plates
HK630-->Ecosse 2.3-->M34 HF
Interconnect from HK630 PRE OUT to Kenwood amp
Kenwood THX amp (2x130w)-->IXOS 6006 (11ga)--> M34 LF

The result was astounding, amazing detail! In audio, all instruments were so much more audible. There were so many details that I didnt hear/notice before.

Same thing in HT, there were so many HF sounds that I never noticed before. Now the speakers are "hyperdetailed".  I was reeling from excitement last night & testing all those detailed CDs & Demo disk sequences again. Its a new HT experience again. CLOUD 9 ako!

Only thing I could think of last night was "I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS SOONER!". I bought the amp for this purpose many months ago, but when I asked this bi amp idea at the bi-wire/bi-amp thread, I was told that this is not bi amping...grrr  >:(. I shouldve asked the HT guys in park square first.

« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2006 at 12:36 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 11:02 AM »
Also acquired an older model Rotel 985, 5 channel x 100w power amp yesterday. Its still in my office, baka makita ni missis, hehe.

I am still thinking on how to use it for the main HT room. I will only need the fronts & center and I will probably use the  2 surround amps for an audio setup with tube pre amps.

Thanks ricky for being my consultant, you da man!   ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2006 at 12:08 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 11:05 AM »
Thanks for the picture sir Voj!

YES I DID! grabe cloud 9!

I bi-amped the M34 last night upon the advice of the HT technicians in Park Square.

Removed the speaker plates
HK630-->Ecosse 2.3-->M34 HF
Interconnect from HK630 PRE OUT to Kenwood amp
Kenwood THX amp (2x130w)-->IXOS 6006 (11ga)--> M34 LF

The result was astounding, amazing detail! In audio, all instruments were so much more audible. There were so many details that I didnt hear/notice before.

Same thing in HT, there were so many HF sounds that I never noticed before. Now the speakers are "hyperdetailed".  I was reeling from excitement last night & testing all those detailed CDs & Demo disk sequences again. Its a new HT experience again. CLOUD 9 ako!

Only thing I could think of last night was "I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS SOONER!". I bought the amp for this purpose many months ago, but when I asked this bi amp idea at the bi-wire/bi-amp thread, I was told that this wont work...grrr  >:(. I shouldve asked the HT guys in park square first.

talaga sir matz!!!  naku naku!!  yung sars lumalapit na!!  pwede ito pang two channel na amp di ba? pang bi amp? researched ko na ito..that bi wiring wala gaano difference...di katulad sa bi-amping. ;D ;D  labas talaga details and parang hiwalay talaga ang mga instrumento pagdating sa audio. buhay na buhay.  i know coz i have the something of a similar set-up sa car ko. :o :o (actually pala, seen sa isang review that 3805 can do bi-amping, though magiging 5.1 set-up sya, instead of 7.1)
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2006 at 11:11 AM by munskie »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 11:11 AM »
talaga sir matz!!!  naku naku!!  yung sars lumalapit na!!  pwede ito pang two channel na amp di ba? pang bi amp? researched ko na ito..that bi wiring wala gaano difference...di katulad sa bi-amping. ;D ;D  labas talaga details and parang hiwalay talaga ang mga instrumento pagdating sa audio. buhay na buhay.  i know coz i have the something of a similar set-up sa car ko. :o :o

YES BRO! BUHAY NA BUHAY!!!

Actually I really recommend you to try this, since I was told by many that it takes a LOT to power B&W speakers. Thats why I mentioned Rotel amps in your HT gallery thread. I am sure you will hear your  B&W floorstander's full potential if you bi amp or power your fronts with a Rotel amp, which is the official amp of B&W.  ;)

SARS SARS!!!
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2006 at 11:12 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 11:20 AM »
YES BRO! BUHAY NA BUHAY!!!

Actually I really recommend you to try this, since I was told by many that it takes a LOT to power B&W speakers. Thats why I mentioned Rotel amps in your HT gallery thread. I am sure you will hear your  B&W floorstander's full potential if you bi amp or power your fronts with a Rotel amp, which is the official amp of B&W.  ;)

SARS SARS!!!
tsk tsk.....dang!! ano ba ito...na eexcite na naman ako....hehe.  mapapatingin ata ako ng power amp....parang di ako mapakali.  kawawa nga b&w ko...sabi nila utilize us to the max!! grabe...iba talaga forum na to :o :o

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 11:56 AM »
talaga sir matz!!!  naku naku!!  yung sars lumalapit na!!  pwede ito pang two channel na amp di ba? pang bi amp? researched ko na ito..that bi wiring wala gaano difference...di katulad sa bi-amping. ;D ;D  labas talaga details and parang hiwalay talaga ang mga instrumento pagdating sa audio. buhay na buhay.  i know coz i have the something of a similar set-up sa car ko. :o :o (actually pala, seen sa isang review that 3805 can do bi-amping, though magiging 5.1 set-up sya, instead of 7.1)

yes you can bi amped with the denon 3805 pero tama 5.1 na  lang matitira kasi you will use the 2 channel to bi amped the fronts, but if i were you just get a rotel 5 channel power amp like the one MYKI is selling and i guaranty you will see the good spirits out of your B&W.Its a whole different experience and rotels are built to last talaga and to be owned for a very long time ;D

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 11:58 AM »
No problem matz pero duda na si misis sino katext ko sa hating gabi? ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 12:23 PM »
yes you can bi amped with the denon 3805 pero tama 5.1 na  lang matitira kasi you will use the 2 channel to bi amped the fronts, but if i were you just get a rotel 5 channel power amp like the one MYKI is selling and i guaranty you will see the good spirits out of your B&W.Its a whole different experience and rotels are built to last talaga and to be owned for a very long time ;D
naalala ko....HPO is very much in effect  :'(....pahabain ko na muna to...sayang naman 3805... buti na lang...naghilamos ako.  namumuntikan sa sars....hehe...but i do believe you sir ricky....one whole different experience yun....enjoy muna this level.   ;D ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 12:24 PM »
No problem matz pero duda na si misis sino katext ko sa hating gabi? ;D

HAHA! Actually, one time,  tinamad akong basahin yung isang text, so I asked her to read it for me. And she read your text

"Wag mo na bilhin yung Rotel pag 2 channel....".

LOL, nanlamig ako! nabisto yung plano ko. Kaya nung binaba ko yung Kenwood amp, mukhang nakaka amoy na sya na may bago akong amp to replace the one I removed from the bedroom. Di ako makasagot  :-X

actually pala, seen sa isang review that 3805 can do bi-amping, though magiging 5.1 set-up sya, instead of 7.1

I saw this review too in audioholics, try mo i bi amp yung 3805 mo using that procedure. Pero ROTEL pa rin ang d best for your B&W (asaan yung devil icon???)

« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2006 at 12:31 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 12:29 PM »
sir ricky....read yer pm...natawa ako...hehe...i know it will work...kya lang suicide na suicide na...hehe...kayod muna and save that one up.  para rin maapreciate ko pag nakuha ko yun.  and to sir matz...hehehe...oh tukso layuan mo ako...hahaha ;D ;D

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Feb 08, 2006 at 12:38 PM »
 ;D tama pare enjoy mo muna present gears mo or just try to bi amp your fronts using your 3805 muna for the meantime. ok lang naman 5.1 set-up eh bihira kasi yung 7.1 na bala :)

Offline Blu-Ray

• Trade Count: (+163)
  • DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Feb 09, 2006 at 09:44 PM »
Tama ba ko upto 7.1 gagamitin ng blu-ray. Malapit na ito.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,124194,00.asp

More titles coming soon...

Offline Blu-Ray

• Trade Count: (+163)
  • DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Feb 09, 2006 at 09:47 PM »
Pero tama nga, enjoy muna sa 5.1 hanggang wala pa.
More titles coming soon...

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #319 on: Feb 09, 2006 at 11:12 PM »
hanep! OK yan ha!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline 2ngaw

• Collector
  • Baguhang Kolektor
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Feb 10, 2006 at 01:35 PM »
Galing ng buong room! Something to be really envious about!  :D
I find your lack of clothes disturbing...

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Feb 10, 2006 at 04:10 PM »
Salamat 2ngaw  :)

Tama ba ko upto 7.1 gagamitin ng blu-ray. Malapit na ito.

Kaka enganyo naman yan! talagang blu ray, pati yung case blu!

Malapit na nga,  pero nasa 50k usually mga new tech players pag unang labas. So wait muna tayo maging cheaper.
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2006 at 04:12 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Feb 10, 2006 at 04:20 PM »
I got myself some Monster interlink 500 interconnects for the amp yesterday. Then I experimented bi-amping with the Rotel and tried all sorts of combinations:

Rotel sa HF or LF and the same procedure for HK.
Also tried all Rotel and all HK in connecting  the speakers.

Galing ng Rotel, powerful indeed. It can give very good detail @ 100w (not bi-amped), but mas detailed pa rin pag bi-amp, pero only by a bit na lang.

So now I have reached my verdict for the best bi-amp combo:
HK630 for HF via Ecosse 2.3
Rotel for LF via Ixos6006
Rotel for center channel
2 more amps unused (surrounds) , maybe for future audio use

Its a whopping 90w from the HK and 100w from the Rotel! Conservatively rated! powerrrrrr. Pag compared to Yamaha ratings thats 180w(HK)+200w(Rotel)

This combination gives a very wide soundstage and very good stereo imaging. I can really hear the vocals coming from the center distinctively (in stereo mode), its almost like it comes from the center channel. Even when I am very near the speakers! I used to sit at the far  end of the seating area just to get that effect before.

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2006 at 02:40 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Feb 10, 2006 at 07:34 PM »
Salamat 2ngaw  :)

Kaka enganyo naman yan! talagang blu ray, pati yung case blu!

Malapit na nga,  pero nasa 50k usually mga new tech players pag unang labas. So wait muna tayo maging cheaper.

blu-ray players....rotel power amp..... napapailing ako....kakabili ko lang gamit ko ah.....hehe  ::) ::)  grabe hobby natin ito...but in the end...its still great....watching movies....naka recline....walang istorbo...walang maingay...beer in hand...sarap!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2006 at 07:39 PM by munskie »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Feb 13, 2006 at 11:02 PM »
Also acquired an older model Rotel 985, 5 channel x 100w power amp yesterday. Its still in my office, baka makita ni missis, hehe.

congrats sit matz on your recent acquisition 8).......w/ the clean power of your rotel power amp., am just curious if you're somehow missing/longing for the DSP modes & the HT expertise of your previous yammy for that ultimate HT experience ;D

Offline scoob

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • DVD Addict
  • Needs to learn a few tricks...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #325 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 12:14 AM »
Congrats sir Matzter on your new Rotel! :D....Your HT room just gets better and better.

:)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 11:16 AM »
Thanks Classicman and scoob  :)

congrats sit matz on your recent acquisition 8).......w/ the clean power of your rotel power amp., am just curious if you're somehow missing/longing for the DSP modes & the HT expertise of your previous yammy for that ultimate HT experience ;D

Yes I do sir classicman  :). That is actually the reason I got the Rotel. I plan to just keep upgrading the AV receiver next time, most probably Yamaha mid level AVRs with pre outs., and retaining the Rotels to power the speakers.

And also a separate tube setup when my son grows old enough not to accidentally touch the hot tubes. I recently realized I cannot go into tubes now bec. of this reason  :(.

For me, Yamaha is still the best when it comes to HT, but it just lacks power.

But for now I cant give up my HK for its musicality (and power), as I am really enjoying the music so much from this current bi-amp setup.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2006 at 11:51 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #327 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 12:35 PM »
true...when i was shopping for an AVR, those were the two models in my final list the yammy and the HK,
thinking i was into HT i opted for the Yammy...now listening to Livingston Taylor...how i wished i settled for the HK he..he

but anywho the Yammy got me at hello..este DSP modes and pure HT excitement...

matz, wow what a Den...and talk about taking it to the level...yung 6th ko sa 6.1 hindi ko nailalagay eh....how i wished i have a sanctuary just like yours, i got only a "hall" to squeeze in my gears...

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Feb 15, 2006 at 03:29 PM »
Uy, ganda ng voice ni Livingston Taylor, lalo na sa HK... ;D jk

Thanks Kimpoy, I actually mistook you for Kimpao. Iba pala spelling nyo :P

Pinilit ko lang yung design to accomodate the 6th & 7th channel. It was supposed to be ceiling speakers at first cuz di kaasya yung bulky M72 ko sa likod. Then a migrating friend sold me the smaller, front firing, uk made Mission 731i cheap. It was perfect for the back surrounds so I was forced to design the back for the missions (& PJ) and sold the ceiling speakers. Buti na lang.  :)

Try ceiling speakers bro, kahit na hall lang yan pwede pa rin. Basta pag talagang gusto mo, may paraan  :).

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #329 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 10:31 AM »
Kimpao is one my mentors...ang originator ng SARS hahaha

i have provision/lines sa ceiling for ceiling speakers (all over the house) kaso pang audio siya  ;D (see mentor ko talaga si kimpao)

i had that included nung nagpagawa ako ng bahay, my HT on the other hand walang fixed na lugar then (paiba iba ako ng isip eh) kaya ngayon nasa family hall ang HT ko... :-[

anyhow, nakaka enganyo ang mga HTs ninyo, last week binuo ko ulit ang HT ko

more power....more gears...