Author Topic: T-amp Discussion Thread  (Read 293938 times)

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: T-amp Discussion Thread
« Reply #1380 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 03:53 PM »
Okay lang kaya gumamit ako ng dalawang TA2020 based amps para i-power si wharfedale 10.1? Yung passive crossover nalang sa loob ng speaks ang gagamitin ko. Yung isang amp para sa tweeter, yung isa para sa woofers. Wala ko idea kasi kung ano kalalabasan ng tunog pag naka bi-amp.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2011 at 03:56 PM by armymanhaha »
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #1381 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 10:18 PM »
Okay lang kaya gumamit ako ng dalawang TA2020 based amps para i-power si wharfedale 10.1? Yung passive crossover nalang sa loob ng speaks ang gagamitin ko. Yung isang amp para sa tweeter, yung isa para sa woofers. Wala ko idea kasi kung ano kalalabasan ng tunog pag naka bi-amp.

Unless gusto mo adjust yung relative intensity nung drivers, baka mas ok one for left and one for right (vertical bi-amping).

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1382 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 08:09 AM »
Unless gusto mo adjust yung relative intensity nung drivers, baka mas ok one for left and one for right (vertical bi-amping).

If I do that, will i hear a volume increase if I compare a single amp with the volume knob @ 12 o'clock vs. a bi-amp setup with both amps @ 12 o'clock? Because sometimes, I find myself wanting more volume. The specs of the Wharfedale 10.1 aint exactly TA2020 friendly ;D

Also since my TA2020 amp indicates that it is 20wpc, if I put an amp for each channel, will that equate then to 40wpc?
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2011 at 08:15 AM by armymanhaha »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1383 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 08:35 AM »
If I do that, will i hear a volume increase if I compare a single amp with the volume knob @ 12 o'clock vs. a bi-amp setup with both amps @ 12 o'clock? Because sometimes, I find myself wanting more volume. The specs of the Wharfedale 10.1 aint exactly TA2020 friendly ;D
Chances are, if you'd hear an increase in volume, it'd be very tiny. You're definitely better off getting a single TK2050 amp for the same money, if that is what you're after.

Also since my TA2020 amp indicates that it is 20wpc, if I put an amp for each channel, will that equate then to 40wpc?
No. That's not how this works, unfortunately. The only advantage of passive biamping is that you minimize driver interaction, and you get more current headroom in certain instances.

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1384 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 10:25 AM »
I see. So I guess the best chances of getting more volume, and the advantage of passive bi-amping is to get 2x TK2050.

Thanks sir Stagea. You've been really helpful.  :)
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2011 at 10:25 AM by armymanhaha »

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1385 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 11:34 AM »

having 2 ta2020 amps wouldnt render 40wpc unfortunately, the benefit of having 2 tamps though is you get better flexibility depending on how you wire them like a single amp driving LF and another amp driving HF signals, this setup lets you adjust the tone of the speakers... if you find the speakers a bit dark/warm sounding you can increase the volume of the t amp driving HF, same goes with bass, pag medyo mahina ang bass then increase the volume of the t amp driving LF signals...

you can also wire them one t amp per speaker,,, advantage of this setup is you get better headroom... on the case of the ta2020 amp, it is actually just producing 7wpc or 8wpc @8ohms clean and 12wpc @4ohms clean having a single t amp per speaker gives you more or less the actual rated output of the T AMP "clean"... oh and you also get better seperation on this setup...

another thing to consider though is both of this setups would require that you have some sort of a preamp because everytime you need to change volumes,, you would have to change volumes of both tamps... so in the end your kinda spending more.  ;)

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1386 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 12:17 PM »
having 2 ta2020 amps wouldnt render 40wpc unfortunately, the benefit of having 2 tamps though is you get better flexibility depending on how you wire them like a single amp driving LF and another amp driving HF signals, this setup lets you adjust the tone of the speakers... if you find the speakers a bit dark/warm sounding you can increase the volume of the t amp driving HF, same goes with bass, pag medyo mahina ang bass then increase the volume of the t amp driving LF signals...

you can also wire them one t amp per speaker,,, advantage of this setup is you get better headroom... on the case of the ta2020 amp, it is actually just producing 7wpc or 8wpc @8ohms clean and 12wpc @4ohms clean having a single t amp per speaker gives you more or less the actual rated output of the T AMP "clean"... oh and you also get better seperation on this setup...

another thing to consider though is both of this setups would require that you have some sort of a preamp because everytime you need to change volumes,, you would have to change volumes of both tamps... so in the end your kinda spending more.  ;)

Yeah I kinda get the idea now. My pre-amp would only be a measly USB sound card since this is a PC based setup for my room ;D. I found a way to have 2x stereo outputs with proper configurations to the software, so immediately, bi-amping came to my mind.

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #1387 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 12:32 PM »
Yeah I kinda get the idea now. My pre-amp would only be a measly USB sound card since this is a PC based setup for my room ;D. I found a way to have 2x stereo outputs with proper configurations to the software, so immediately, bi-amping came to my mind.

hehe, goodluck on your project sir.  :)

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1388 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 01:27 PM »
there are sound cards that have this 5.1 ouput jacks....you can get 4 lower power t-amps for the fronts and rear... and one big t-amp for the woofer and you will have a good pc based system if you don't mind using your pc as your source....
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline jlester87

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1389 on: Sep 22, 2011 at 11:10 PM »
Sir Tony ang dami nang molds ng euros 6 ah, yung sakin din may mga tumutubo na eh.. balak kong labhan.. ano kayang pwede iapply/spray pagkatapos para di na dapuan ng molds?...

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1390 on: Sep 23, 2011 at 06:50 AM »
^just wipe it with a dry cloth or brush, that is how my wifey did it, molds happen when thypoons come....so it is a seasonal thing...
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline BigBert-2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1391 on: Oct 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM »

Been using TK2050( powered by laptop smps ps 7.1A x 24v) on my Wharf 9.1 for nearly a year without any problem. Very happy with it.  ;)

Offline 9ume6

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
clipping sound
« Reply #1392 on: Nov 02, 2011 at 05:02 PM »
HELP!
my SA-36A t-amp will have this clipping sound at 9 - 10 o'clock.
this is paired to FR FS and sometimes to JBL FS heritage series.

Offline glacierfrost

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1393 on: Nov 04, 2011 at 11:19 AM »
May problem yung sonic impact t-amp ko. Yung left speaker niya parang not enough yung power. If I play music na sobrang hina ok siya, pero kung regular sound level nagcracrack yung sound sa left. Do you guys think I could get it fixed or should I just change it?

Offline Daemon_Seraphim

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: Re: T-amp Discussion Thread
« Reply #1394 on: Nov 09, 2011 at 06:46 PM »
I've been reading some of the pages here and it seems parang DIY itong mga t-amp.

Meron bang nabibili na buo na good for stereo,  cdp,  pc listening?  I've scouted ebay but i'm not sure what brands are ok and if they are already assembled completely.

Hope someone will enlighten.  Thanks!

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #1395 on: Nov 09, 2011 at 09:35 PM »
I've been reading some of the pages here and it seems parang DIY itong mga t-amp.

Meron bang nabibili na buo na good for stereo,  cdp,  pc listening?  I've scouted ebay but i'm not sure what brands are ok and if they are already assembled completely.

Hope someone will enlighten.  Thanks!

you can check out sir Kemozavi's thread as he sells Dayton T-amps (DTA-1, DTA-100a):

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,116980.0.html

OR

Capital 1's thread he sells T-amps as well:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,121044.0.html

HTH

Offline Daemon_Seraphim

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1396 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 09:35 AM »
Thanks sir for the pdvd markrtplace links,  i was wondering if the one below is any good as well.  Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/TK2050-T-AMP-AMPLIFIER-Headphone-Amp-USB-DAC-REMOTE-/220821767639?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336a00c5d7

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
« Reply #1397 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 09:48 AM »
Thanks sir for the pdvd markrtplace links,  i was wondering if the one below is any good as well.  Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/TK2050-T-AMP-AMPLIFIER-Headphone-Amp-USB-DAC-REMOTE-/220821767639?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336a00c5d7

That's being sold by Capital 1. i didn't check out everything but the picture showed that it was the Muse DT50A. I haven't tried using T-amps as i only have an onkyo 609 for HT and a JDLabs integrated amp for stereo listening. Try contacting capital 1 or kemozavi for audtions, pretty sure they'll be happy to help you out.

Offline George SJ

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • PCCian 95....Mabuhay ang kumbento boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #1398 on: Nov 12, 2011 at 08:16 PM »
Question mga sir:

Kung meron na sa inyo nagshoot out ng Dayton apa 150 VS Muse DT 50A...

Parehas ba silang 75 wpc?

TIA
george
Technics sl1200mk3, Onkyo CDP
TonyT tube pre-amp
Numark 2ch mixer
Sansui AU D907 Gextra
A-AUDIO

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1399 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM »
Question mga sir:

Kung meron na sa inyo nagshoot out ng Dayton apa 150 VS Muse DT 50A...

Parehas ba silang 75 wpc?

TIA
george
Magkaiba yong dayton APA-150 at Muse DT-50a. The APA-150 is an integrated amp CLASS AB without using any tripath. The MUSE DT-50a is base on tripath. It has the tube sounding, fast and more detailed sound. I could not say both have 75 wpc. I tried using both amp but with my FR alnico I prefer the MUSE DT-50a.  ;D
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline George SJ

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • PCCian 95....Mabuhay ang kumbento boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #1400 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 01:37 PM »
thanks soundgarden...Now i know the difference.
Technics sl1200mk3, Onkyo CDP
TonyT tube pre-amp
Numark 2ch mixer
Sansui AU D907 Gextra
A-AUDIO

Offline sound garden

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1401 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 03:28 PM »
thanks soundgarden...Now i know the difference.
Brader to simplify my review on MUSE DT-50a it's a combination of Topping TP22 and TP60 or APA-150 = Muse DT-50a ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2011 at 03:32 PM by soundgarden »
Clarity, detail, accuracy, and realism are unmatched....

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1402 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 07:28 PM »
Quote from: soundgarden
Brader to simplify my review on MUSE DT-50a it's a combination of Topping TP22 and TP60 or APA-150 = Muse DT-50a ;D
Galing talaga mag compute ni bro. Jorge. ;D  Nakuha mo pa yon?  Kidding aside Muse DT50A is a good tripath amp that can rival European and U.S. branded tripath amps.
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1403 on: Nov 27, 2011 at 04:39 PM »
there is an impending groupbuy happening at elab, you may want to check it out, http://www.electronicslab.ph/forum/index.php?topic=30065.20

Offline chiryu18

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1404 on: Nov 30, 2011 at 12:54 AM »
pwede kaya ganito set up

source

preamp

preamp left chanel out + yjack to tamp left & right input \ tapos yung L speaker out to L speaker woofer,     R  speaker out to L speaker tweeter

tpos ganun din set up sa right channel,

may improvement kaya??
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2011 at 12:55 AM by chiryu18 »
""Simplicity is the Ultimate form of Sophistication""
         ""Design is thinking made visual""

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1405 on: Nov 30, 2011 at 01:42 AM »
pwede kaya ganito set up

source

preamp

preamp left chanel out + yjack to tamp left & right input \ tapos yung L speaker out to L speaker woofer,     R  speaker out to L speaker tweeter

tpos ganun din set up sa right channel,

may improvement kaya??

Vertical biamping po tawag diyan. It can give you less crosstalk between the L and R channels, reduce interaction between your LF and HF drivers, and deliver greater current capacity per side.

In most cases,  buying a better amp would yield a greater improvement though (versus spending money on passive biamping two lesser amps).
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2011 at 01:42 AM by Stagea »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1406 on: Nov 30, 2011 at 07:38 AM »
Has anyone tried any of Sinewave Electronics' products? I know they don't make T-Amps, but it's kind of related (since they specialize on affordable Class-D amps).

http://www.csinewave.com/

Your inputs would be highly appreciated.

Offline mhupixto

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1407 on: Nov 30, 2011 at 08:25 AM »
Does anybody in PDVD sells the  Muse DT50A aside from sir Capital1?   TIA! 

Offline louie1

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1408 on: Nov 30, 2011 at 08:34 AM »
there is an impending groupbuy happening at elab, you may want to check it out, http://www.electronicslab.ph/forum/index.php?topic=30065.20

sir tony pasabay naman po ng isa..tia

Offline jlester87

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1409 on: Nov 30, 2011 at 08:58 AM »
Has anyone tried any of Sinewave Electronics' products? I know they don't make T-Amps, but it's kind of related (since they specialize on affordable Class-D amps).

http://www.csinewave.com/

Your inputs would be highly appreciated.

Interested din ako sa products nila, specially for subwoofer amplification... kung may group buy sali ko  :)

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/601158