Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition  (Read 54852 times)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
« Reply #270 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 12:48 AM »
Last night's episode is very interesting. PBB wanted the Roxie-Marty issue to be cleared once and for all but I think it became more complicated. Roxie's parents are accusing the PBB staff that they have misunderstood the parents. The parents said that Marty is "dating boypren" and not "boypren".

Now we all know why Roxie lies. She grew up in a house of lies.

It is best for Roxie to leave the house because her image is getting worse and worse. It is very probable that she will be the next JB.

Offline RU9

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #271 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 08:16 AM »
I think PBB is giving too much focus on Roxie, her lovelife is being exploited. She is a victim, after Franzen and Rico.

If I am in the shoes of Roxie's parents. I will pull her out of the PBB ASAP.

I would like to see more of Budoy and Gretchen on the spotlight, too.

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 08:58 AM »
Pagkatapos ng interview ng Marty na 'yan, it was clear (or was made to appear) that he and roxie are still on.
I don't think that's too complicated for Roxie's parents to understand. Bakit hindi kaagad nila inayos?  ::)

Pansin n'yo medyo sabik si mic yung mother (is it a mother-daughter thing?), bihira maka-singit si tatay hehe. Tapos biglang nangampanya sa boto  ;D

It's better for Roxie to get out, dami niyang dapat ayusin. 

Yeah, more of Budoy and Gretchen.

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #273 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 09:00 AM »
Tonight's episode will now focus on Bianca's lovelife.

;D

Offline killer_blow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 09:52 AM »
Let's give Roxie the benefit of the doubt. Calling her a "patholigical" liar is way too much. Her TV exposure in PBB for the past month does not suffice to know the person really well, much less to be branded as a patholigical liar.

When she took the polygraph test she knew that she's being watched by thousands of people, her bf/ex included. I don't think she'll lie through her teeth if she knows that people she knows are watching her. Besides, polygraph tests are not always accurate. I'm surprised that they've (PBB and co.) used this to gauge the sincerity of a person. Bianca for example, was so nervous during that time when she was undergoing the test that the results became erratic. What assures us that the other tests weren't erratic as well?

Dapat nagkarooon ng disclaimer ang PBB na hindi ito sapat na batayan para malaman na nagsisinungaling ang isang tao.
Searching for the scent of content...Oh know it's the killer blow

Offline flexus

• Apprentice
  • belat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 10:11 AM »
And what was that piece of paper Roxanne's parents were holding?  Looked like a script to me.  Her dad and mom were trying so hard not to look at it but they kept on glancing at it every so often, especially when her mom was on a campaign spiel rampage.

'what is essential is invisible to the eye'

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #276 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 11:34 AM »
i believe the people behind pinoy big brother can make or break the contestants. activities inside the house can be tailor-made to highlight anyone- favored or otherwise (as in pbb1 towards the end si nene na ang bida, while nung una sorpresa sila sa lakas ni franzen but all fizzled out). its still all about editing whats shown on tv or live feeds tv that influence public perception. whoever the powers that be @ abs look upon with favor.....now it seems bianca's turn as the contest nears the final bend? ::)
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2006 at 11:37 AM by oweidah »

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #277 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 11:41 AM »
Last night's episode is very interesting. PBB wanted the Roxie-Marty issue to be cleared once and for all but I think it became more complicated. Roxie's parents are accusing the PBB staff that they have misunderstood the parents. The parents said that Marty is "dating boypren" and not "boypren".

Now we all know why Roxie lies. She grew up in a house of lies.

It is best for Roxie to leave the house because her image is getting worse and worse. It is very probable that she will be the next JB.

One sentence "Family of Liars"!

Cant imagine how she and her parents has contradicting statements, and she keep in recanting her confession.

OT.
 May interview si Carmina sa balakubak portion nang nuts entertainment. Supposedly abouts sa revelation ni Rustom.

Offline killer_blow

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 01:15 PM »
I wonder how the teen contestants of the next PBB will fare at the judgemental minds of televiewers? We have older, more expereinced contestants here who are being burned at the stake, subjecting teens to similar scrutiny and eventual criticisms by the public may be traumatic for them.

I hope this will be the last time we'll see the polygraph test at PBB. Someone at PBB may have confused "Who Wants to Marry My Dad" and "Meet the Fockers" with their show.

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 01:29 PM »
i believe the people behind pinoy big brother can make or break the contestants. activities inside the house can be tailor-made to highlight anyone- favored or otherwise (as in pbb1 towards the end si nene na ang bida, while nung una sorpresa sila sa lakas ni franzen but all fizzled out). its still all about editing whats shown on tv or live feeds tv that influence public perception. whoever the powers that be @ abs look upon with favor.....now it seems bianca's turn as the contest nears the final bend? ::)

No doubt about this. Rustom is a clear favorite of Dyogi. Birds of the same feather...:)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 02:04 PM »
Some US states do not accept the polygraph test as evidence. I wonder if Philippine courts accept it.

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 03:15 PM »
Roxie should go. Soon.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 03:28 PM »
Can someone explain to me why Roxie is so hated? I mean, I tried imagining scenarios in which my friends were in Roxie's place, and I've reached the conclusion that they all would act the same way.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #283 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 04:58 PM »
theres a force that says Roxie should be out of the Kuya's haus very soon ;D...IYAKAN BLUES NA NAMAN YAN! :D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #284 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 05:14 PM »
Can someone explain to me why Roxie is so hated? I mean, I tried imagining scenarios in which my friends were in Roxie's place, and I've reached the conclusion that they all would act the same way.

I have that question also.  Is it because she is so whiney?  All of the posts so far have one thing in common...  that is she always cries a lot.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #285 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 05:22 PM »
Been noticing that for the past two weeks now. She's been kissing John in very intimate and/or inappropriate places. you can't help but feel icky when you see it.
bro inidie, how about Keanna saying that she's falling for John? LOL :D At nasa duyan pa  sila  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2006 at 05:23 PM by edboy7 »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 05:29 PM »

True! Frankly, at first, I was irritated at her for her perpetual crying. But then I noticed almost everyone seems to be ganging up on her: Rico's "stalking" her even if she's told him to take a hike; John, obviously influenced by Rico, wants her evicted; Geesh, even Big Brother is doing a Boy Abunda on her, pestering her to admit to the whole world about her love life. Given all the pressure she's into, you really can't blame her for breaking down like that. It's like the show's producers found this vulnerability in her and they want to exploit it for bigger ratings.

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #287 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 05:39 PM »
Point is, if she and her parents thinks that PBB are treating her unfairly she/they could ask out.
But no, no, no. Her mom even campaigned for votes. 

Parang may conspiracy theory.... lagi naman nilang kasama si marty tapos kagabi bigla wala?

Nasobrahan na ata ako sa PBB.  ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #288 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 07:51 PM »
bro inidie, how about Keanna saying that she's falling for John? LOL :D At nasa duyan pa  sila  ;D

Yeah! I've heard about that. Unfortunately, I did not see it in the feeds.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 09:55 PM »
Point is, if she and her parents thinks that PBB are treating her unfairly she/they could ask out.
But no, no, no. Her mom even campaigned for votes. 

Granted, what her parents did/said regarding the Marty issue is completely retarded, I still don't see why Roxie has to take the blame for that. Yes, her parents may have manipulated the producers into thinking that Marty is still with Roxie, but the way I see it, they had good reason to. They wanted to put an end to the whole Roxie-Rico issue. The fact that it backfired shows that they weren't burdened with an overabundance of brains. That doesn't translate to malicious intent.

Moreso, why is Rico all of a sudden the underdog here? If you ask me, he's the one to blame for all of this. He just couldn't get it through his thick skull that he will never see Roxie naked. And yet he's being touted as the hero. Why? The only reasons I can cenceive is because Roxie cries a lot, and the fact that she may have fudged her story a bit. But that may just as easily be a result of the emotional trauma of being stalked by the fugly Rico than any malice on her part.

Which brings me to ask again: "Why is Rico being touted as the victim here?"

And for the record, yes, Roxie's parents had a right to think that they are being given the short end of the stick by the network.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2006 at 11:25 PM by Phobos »

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 10:41 PM »
Some US states do not accept the polygraph test as evidence. I wonder if Philippine courts accept it.

I think not just some states but the whole US does not accept it as evidence.  It is also not admissible as evidence in our courts as far as I know.  It is only use as an aide to an invistagation.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2006 at 10:40 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 10:51 PM »
American courts uniformly rejects the result of polygraph tests when offered in evidence for the purpose of establishing guilt or innocence of one accused of a crime,whether the prosecution or defense seeks its introduction,for the reason that polygraph has not yet attained scientific acceptance as a reliable and accurate means of ascertaining the truth or deception.

This rule is no different in our jurisdiction.thus in People vs.Daniel 86 SCRA 511,much faith and credit should not be vested upon a lie detector test as it is not conclusive.

notwithstanding this,i am still concluding that based on what ive seen in tv broadcasts and not on the polygraph test at all,i can surmise that Roxy has a way of twisting the truth to her advantage,so does her mother....

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #292 on: Mar 09, 2006 at 11:38 AM »
Which brings me to ask again: "Why is Rico being touted as the victim here?"

I don't think Rico is a victim, I think he's as messed up as Roxie. Personally, both of them should go, as they have a lot of issues about themselves.

As for Roxie being such a whiny crybaby, she really is--it's tiresome to watch her on the 24/7 live feed because all she does is whine about herself, her lovelife, and whine for support among her housemates. Even Bianca actually admitted to the others that she doesn't know how to help Roxie. Trust Budoy, because he said the truth when he nominated Roxie. Anyone here watch Hollywood Dream? I heard Roxie cried buckets and buckets when she was eliminated there...the girl just cannot accept defeat.

Si Rico naman, he's fine when he's with others, but goes all loopy when he's by himself, he looks like he's very insecure about the image he projects to the cameras. I also can't stand his warped point of view about who gets to leave the house--he thinks everyone has some kind of mission to fulfill in the house, and once you've fulfilled it, you can go. That's not the way it works, dude...

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Mar 10, 2006 at 01:46 PM »
WHAT THE ????!!!****

Gretchen, Rustom & Rico agree to save their friends from eviction
 3/10/2006 12:09 PM

For the sake of friendship, Gretchen, Rico and Rustom have agreed to switch places with the three nominees, Aleck, Roxie & Keanna, and face the risk of eviction tomorrow night.

http://celeb1.pinoybigbrother.com/Default.aspx?tabid=134&articleType=ArticleView&articleId=345

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #294 on: Mar 10, 2006 at 03:04 PM »
^^medyo unfair yata yan for the texters who will feel as if they've wasted their loads on the wrong people--unfair for the fans of Gretchen, Rustom and Rico. Something's not right...  :P

Is ABS-CBN trying to save Roxy? I noticed both Rico and Bianca were asked if they were willing to sacrifice themselves for Roxy, but only one person was asked for the other two.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Mar 10, 2006 at 04:35 PM »
And now I'm officially tired of the show. And I will never buy Wings. Ever.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Mar 10, 2006 at 05:24 PM »
this is just another frickin mind game... correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't it be the contestants that play mind games with each other?  :-[

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #297 on: Mar 10, 2006 at 05:46 PM »
They've ran out of stories to tell so the staff is getting desperate. Besides, no other storyline can top Rustom's outing himself.

I guess the HMs did see it correctly when they found out that Rustom is gay. They collectively said that the story in PBB is over, no one can top Rustom's confession and that they should just all go home. But then someone quipped that the only thing that could possibly top Rustom is Budoy if he removes his bandanna. Apparently, the PBB staff remembered that exchange and, if you watched last night, they are laying the foundation for Budoy actually removing that bandanna.

All I can say is -- shallow.

Offline killer_blow

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Mar 10, 2006 at 05:56 PM »
Like Christian Vasquez who was ecstatic after being evicted, they all want to be out of that boring house.

Who wouldn't be bored? Especially these celebrities who have active social and (ehem) sex lives. I bet the first thing Christian did at home was to "unload" his month-long accretion of spunk.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Mar 10, 2006 at 07:46 PM »
They've ran out of stories to tell so the staff is getting desperate. Besides, no other storyline can top Rustom's outing himself.

I guess the HMs did see it correctly when they found out that Rustom is gay. They collectively said that the story in PBB is over, no one can top Rustom's confession and that they should just all go home. But then someone quipped that the only thing that could possibly top Rustom is Budoy if he removes his bandanna. Apparently, the PBB staff remembered that exchange and, if you watched last night, they are laying the foundation for Budoy actually removing that bandanna.

All I can say is -- shallow.

i know one more story that can top rustom's admission ... and it involves rustom again. read ricky lo's column today. ;)