Author Topic: NAD CD Player  (Read 109233 times)

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NAD CD Player
« Reply #150 on: Jun 25, 2004 at 01:22 PM »
I've got AD 8066 the only problem is the brown dog adapter (from SMD to TH) Somebody can help? How much kaya adapter? I have 4 pcs. AD8066 just in case ok na yung dalawa I will let go of the other 2
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Jun 25, 2004 at 05:58 PM »
I've got AD 8066 the only problem is the brown dog adapter (from SMD to TH) Somebody can help? How much kaya adapter? I have 4 pcs. AD8066 just in case ok na yung dalawa I will let go of the other 2

Sir,

Sent you PM.

Offline psychodreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • +Live+
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Jun 26, 2004 at 08:30 PM »
Friends,  anyone has experience pairing a NAD CD Player with an Onkyo AVR?  Do they make a good combination?   I tried posting this query sa Onkyo AVR forum but got no response.

Thanks.

EDIT:  Ooops.. looks like av_phile has responded to that query already.  Anyway, if anyone can add anything more, I'll be glad to hear it. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2004 at 08:40 PM by Heropsychodreamer »
Lines cut across my face...

Offline Garp

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Jun 29, 2004 at 07:21 AM »

garp,

do you have contact numbers of newark? am not from manila kasi. thanks! although i would imagine these to be quite expensive.

audioslave,

thanks bro. will check it out :)

Newark stuff is available via Access Frontiers in Makati. Their no. is 892-3883. Just call them up and order via phone. They'll ask for the part no. of ad8066 so here it is: 97C8359. Posted price is $3.96 but when I bought another chip costing the same, it worked out closer to $5 dollars each. So no more than P600 for a pair of ad8066 or ad826.

Offline odyopayl

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Jul 05, 2004 at 05:16 PM »
Anybody can provide a pair of  browndog adapter in exchange with the pair of 8066
(0916) 2170992
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Jul 30, 2004 at 09:54 PM »

Anybody can provide a pair of  browndog adapter in exchange with the pair of 8066
(0916) 2170992

Bro,

I will try to purchase the adapters, but the minimum is 5 pcs per order. Gusto mo maki hati?

Thanks.

Bogsle

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Jul 30, 2004 at 10:03 PM »
Guys,

I've recently upgraded my OPAMPs to AD8066. Thanks to Garp, he's been a lot of help in this endeavour.

Immediately noticed the change, more detail than before, music opening up, even noticed slightly more bass (maybe it's just me, but let me listen further). My CDP is a NAD c521i, let us see if more change will happen within the next week.

Spent only a little over 1k for the OPAMPs, DIL sockets, Browndog, and the soldering job by the local cellphone repair shop.

Okay na rin, di po ba?

Bogsle

Offline audi0slave

• DVD Addict
  • enjoy the music
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Jul 31, 2004 at 12:07 AM »

Bro,

I will try to purchase the adapters, but the minimum is 5 pcs per order. Gusto mo maki hati?

Thanks.

Bogsle

bogs, sali ako dyan ha...

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Jul 31, 2004 at 04:09 AM »

bogs, sali ako dyan ha...

Sir,

Sent you PM.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Aug 02, 2004 at 05:12 PM »
Now available NAD PP2 and the turntable....call for details at 893-8011

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Aug 02, 2004 at 06:04 PM »
Now you can avail NAD CD players and  Integrated Amp at Citibank 0%  promo. To avail go to AVSurfer - Rockwell and Call Audio Video Stores at Galleria.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Aug 24, 2004 at 02:28 PM »
Avail Highly acclaimed by critics, NAD CD Players and Integrated Amp at Sight & Sounds - Shangrila Mall and Spectra A/V Store at Park Square Makati, Audio Excellance - Cybermall Libis...for a special price

Available are models C521BEE & C542 CD Players and C320BEE, C352, and the C372 Integrated Amp.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Aug 30, 2004 at 03:48 PM »
Hey Guys,

Are there any members that have check the promo offers of NAD dealers...its a definitely a must!!!
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2004 at 04:00 PM by redkoji »

Offline audi0slave

• DVD Addict
  • enjoy the music
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Aug 30, 2004 at 03:53 PM »
Hey Guys,

Are there any members the offering of NAD dealers...its a definitely a must!!!

sir, kindly rephrase your sentence...

Offline odyopayl

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Sep 02, 2004 at 08:56 AM »
Sir Audioslave looks like in the trial court hehehe!
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline audi0slave

• DVD Addict
  • enjoy the music
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Sep 02, 2004 at 10:12 AM »
sir redkoji, di ba kasama sa promo yung NAD C422 Stereo Tuner

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Sep 10, 2004 at 04:01 PM »
Sorry Sir,

We have not included the Audio tuner since, theres no available stock of this model here in the Philippines...

Currently the Citibank 0% interest for 12 months is exclusively on the following NAD models : NAD CD-players C-521BEE, and the C-542, the integrated amp C-320BEE, C352, C-370, under AV-Surfer. This can be avail also thru different cards such as BPI, HSBC, AIG...however, the 0% interest is up to 6 months or less.

There are also BIG CASH discount available at our other dealer such as Spectra-Park Square, Audio Execellance_Cybermall libis, and Sights&Sounds- Shangrila.

If your looking for the hard to fine models of NAD such as the turntable and PP2 Phono Amplifier or old models...this can be bought directly to

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Sep 10, 2004 at 04:56 PM »

IT'S 6 YEARS IN SUCCESSION FOR NAD!

London, UK, Hilton Hotel, Park Lane...8th September 2003, 22.00 BST...What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision Awards 2003.

IT'S SIX YEARS IN SUCCESSION FOR NAD!
C521BEE CD PLAYER SCOOPS BEST BUY AWARD

For a staggering SIX years in succession NAD has triumphed at the highly prestigious What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision Awards. This year the new C521BEE CD Player was voted 'Best Buy' in the important CD Player Category.
"For a player that hasn't been around long it's already a classic. Great sound and reliability with good facilities. It offers excellent value for money. "

What Hi-Fi gives the C521BEE its "best buy" award in the CD player category If you?re counting that would be SIX years in a row for this little titan. Some excerpts from the C521BEE review:   "NAD players are fast becoming the Sergey Bubkas of the CD world. During his career the pole-vaulter set 35 world records each time raising the bar just a notch. Both players here were upgraded last year, but NAD is at it again in an effort to squeeze out even better performance. And remember, the new machines' predecessors cleaned up in last year's Awards. The £200 C521i grabbed a Best Buy and the £330 C541i claimed the CD player Product of the Year gong. Happily, the prices stay the same.

In comparison to its predecessor, the C521BEE sounds markedly better: it offers significantly greater bass weight and depth, which adds to the drama of classical and hip-hop tunes. This extra force is also evident in the midrange, where it helps convey more realistic vocals - Nina Simone's voice sounds richer and has extra presence. Tonal balance is superb for a £200 player: the deep drums and high-pitched strings during the Gladiator soundtrack's orchestral crescendos sound superbly clear and defined. And the previous model's impressive dynamics take a step up, helping to communicate the plunges and surges of instruments. We also detect a touch more detail from the new machine - it delivers Nina Simone's rendition of My Baby Just Cares For Me from her posthumously released Gold set with deftness. The drummer's nifty brush-work sounds fast and detailed and Nina's glorious voice is tender and expressive.

So the first NAD tweak is a success. The C521BEE is a worthy successor to last year's Award-winner and we have no complaints.

Next up is the £330 C542: visually it's almost identical to the £200 player but sonically there's a distinct increase in performance. However, up against the C541i the C542 sounds better - but not earth-shatteringly so. That said, this fine-tune attempts to improve a Product of the Year winner - never a simple brief.

Detail resolution increases - you hear more of the Spanish guitar in Gladiator's battle track, which thrillingly sets the scene for the warrior's entrance. This gentle rise in performance also applies to attack and bass weight, but the dynamics on offer take a greater step up: crescendos sound superb.
Fortunately this extra bass weight is not at the expense of control - during the Golden Globe-winning soundtrack, the deep bass drums sound firm and solid. Add this lower-frequency excellence to better timing and the result is a romping presentation. The C542 belts out the battle sequence with gusto, and at the same time demonstrates those impressive, far-reaching dynamics. Very exciting stuff.

Switch musical genres and it's a similar story: this machine retains all the characteristics of the previous model - refined high frequencies, tuneful bass and a cohesive presentation - but raises performance levels in all areas just a notch. This is yet another successful NAD tweak - both players improve on their forebears - but which player would we choose? Well, the C542 remains an excellent buy, but the competition is hotting up: check out the new Arcam CD73T on page 29 of the October issue. We reckon the £200 NAD is now even better value. For the money, its combination of great sound and solid build is unbeatable. The C521BEE is not only the undisputed class leader, it's a true sonic athlete."

Offline Audioboy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Sep 10, 2004 at 05:04 PM »

sir, kindly rephrase your sentence...

;D

Offline mcbry

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • TRuSt YoUr eArS!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Sep 27, 2004 at 02:06 PM »
Sorry Sir,

We have not included the Audio tuner since, theres no available stock of this model here in the Philippines...

Currently the Citibank 0% interest for 12 months is exclusively on the following NAD models : NAD CD-players C-521BEE, and the C-542, the integrated amp C-320BEE, C352, C-370, under AV-Surfer. This can be avail also thru different cards such as BPI, HSBC, AIG...however, the 0% interest is up to 6 months or less.

There are also BIG CASH discount available at our other dealer such as Spectra-Park Square, Audio Execellance_Cybermall libis, and Sights&Sounds- Shangrila.

If your looking for the hard to fine models of NAD such as the turntable and PP2 Phono Amplifier or old models...this can be bought directly to

sir,

available pa ba ang citibank 0% interest for NAD CD players?  saan po na store meron pang offer na ito.  paki pm naman po ng prices if you know.

thanks a lot
 :)

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 09:43 AM »
What's the cash price for a C542, discounted?  Thanks.

Offline mcbry

• DVD Addict
  • TRuSt YoUr eArS!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 10:18 AM »
sir,

pa pm din price ng CD-players C-521BEE and C-542 (with discount  ;D).

thanks,
 :)

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 02:36 PM »
me too! me tooo!

Sir redkoji, can you PM me discounted price for the C542?

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 12:59 PM »
Sorry Sir,

Called up Sights and Sound and they only offer 6-months 0% (kuno) via Citibank for NAD C542, not 12.  Care to confirm?   Thanks.

Offline mcbry

• DVD Addict
  • TRuSt YoUr eArS!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 02:31 PM »
until when will this offer last?   ???

Offline doughn

• DVD Addict
  • sleepyhead
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #175 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 04:04 PM »
ok ba yung nad 515 cd player  5disc cd carousel??  any reviews... thanks
7.2.4 system
Focal
Marantz
Epson
SVS
Elitescreen
Velodyne
Xbox1S
Nvidia
Berkline
Logitech
QED
Kimb

Offline ZEPHYR

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • hello
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #176 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 09:44 PM »

Called up Sights and Sound and they only offer 6-months 0% (kuno) via Citibank for NAD C542, not 12.  Care to confirm?   Thanks.

Bro about how much na ang NAD C542  ??? Interested din ako to upgrade sana to this model.

I'm already contemplating of selling my NAD 521bee (bought only April 2004). Perhaps someone here might be interested he he he . . . just to get my hands on a C542 or perhaps a used 1070. Like to try a HDCD cdp for a change.

Na SARS na ulit ata ako ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2004 at 09:51 PM by ZEPHYR »

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Nov 10, 2004 at 10:09 AM »

Bro about how much na ang NAD C542  ??? Interested din ako to upgrade sana to this model.

I'm already contemplating of selling my NAD 521bee (bought only April 2004). Perhaps someone here might be interested he he he . . . just to get my hands on a C542 or perhaps a used 1070. Like to try a HDCD cdp for a change.

Na SARS na ulit ata ako ::) ::) ::)

It's 18k cash, either at Spectra or Sights.  There's a 4-month old 1072 at B&S section.  Still pricey.  I think NAD C542 uses a 24-bit Burr Brown, while Rotel has retained its 20-bit Burr-brown DAC from the 1070 line.  I personally prefer the look and built of Rotel, though.  I have been targetting the Rotel 1072, but the review in Hi-Fi choice, giving it only 3 stars somehow turned me off, plus my poor finances, ofcourse.  ;D Check this:

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_print.asp?ID=2751

Ofcourse reviews are just that.  Your personal preferrence and bias still rules at the end of the day. 
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2004 at 11:57 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline ZEPHYR

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • hello
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #178 on: Nov 10, 2004 at 09:38 PM »

It's 18k cash, either at Spectra or Sights.  There's a 4-month old 1072 at B&S section.  Still pricey.  I think NAD C542 uses a 24-bit Burr Brown, while Rotel has retained its 20-bit Burr-brown DAC from the 1070 line.  I personally prefer the look and built of Rotel, though.  I have been targetting the Rotel 1072, but the review in Hi-Fi choice, giving it only 3 stars somehow turned me off, plus my poor finances, ofcourse.  ;D Check this:

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_print.asp?ID=2751

Ofcourse reviews are just that.  Your personal preferrence and bias still rules at the end of the day. 

Bro if 6 month 0% interest whats the SRP of the C542 is it 18k or higher. If its 18k (thats 3k per month for 6 months) . . . . . isip isip isip ::)  ::) ::)

Thanks again.

Offline mcbry

• DVD Addict
  • TRuSt YoUr eArS!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Nov 11, 2004 at 09:45 AM »
bili bili bili na  >:D  >:D

;D  ;D  ;D