Author Topic: New NAD A/V Receivers  (Read 37795 times)

Offline v0elker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • They say jump and you say how high
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New NAD A/V Receivers
« on: Dec 09, 2002 at 04:16 PM »
The new nad t752 a/v receiver will be available in singapore starting wednesday for a list price of *GASP* just over P32k! Unfortunately, no word yet on the flagship receiver, the t762, which is what i really want.

Wheww, I was starting to consider the new Marantz SR6300/7300 because the of the delay of the new NAD receivers. Hopefully the t762 will arrive before the end of the year.

Audition time! hehehe

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Re:New NAD A/V Receivers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2002 at 04:37 PM »
hi!

just my two cents...

why don't you try out the t-761...it's the baby brother of the 762...only difference is that the 761 is 5.1 while the 762 is 6.1...plus the wattage, the 761 is 90wpc while the 762 is 110wpc...i have the 761 which i bought about 2-months ago...i'm currently experiencing home theater and audio heaven...hope you'll experience the same...thanks! ;D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline v0elker

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2002 at 04:51 PM »
thanks supe, unfortunately the t761 is officially out of stock here, although i saw one a couple o weeks ago selling for about P25k.

boohoo, the dealer just got back to me. he told me that my guess of about P40k for the retail price of the t762 is quite close (he wont reveal the real price hehe). guess am going to have to settle for the T752 or wait a few months for the T762's price to drop.

eh, av/ht very similar to computers and most everything eh, have to wait a bit for prices to drop. by then, the new models are soon to come out. sigh.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2002 at 05:04 PM by v0elker »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2002 at 04:10 PM »
Good day Guys,

NAD products will be available in the Philippines by January. There are selected models available right now in our stock so if your interested placing order please let me know.

Contact Studio System Corporation at 522-5698 to know whats models are available. The price here is at par with Singapore is your going to direct conversation. Charges on Customs and freight is already built-in the price.

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2002 at 05:06 PM »
whoohooo!!! just called you guys up. and asked about NAD 370 and NAD 740 stereo receivers.. heh. and the price was pretty much the same asking price rito sa canada - give or take a few thousand pesos.

I'm bring a pair of Energy Veritaz 2.2s home... and yeah.. i'm definitely am going with NADs for my integrated amp needs!!!!

if redkoji, you're the guy who answered the phone call from a guy from canada - yep that's me, boy! (approx 5:10 pm philpine time)..

h

Offline striderhiryu1

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2002 at 11:03 PM »
You're in Canada, why not try the Bryston amps.  Bit pricey but with 20 years warranty - I think its worth it.  You can sell the item to me after 5 years of use if you like (transferrable warranty) :)

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2002 at 02:48 AM »
err.. nah... It's just a pair of bookshelves... for my room... btw, speaking of canadian speakers..

paradigm's coming out with the new Reference Signature line...

http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/cedia2002/loudspeakers/page_01.shtml

scroll down to the bottom of the page.. and there are pictures of them...

Offline jojitb

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2002 at 06:40 AM »
How do these NAD Receivers sound?

Are they bright like Yamaha? or Warm like Denon and Marantz?  Are those wattage ratings for 5-6 channels driven at  fullrange?

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2002 at 01:04 PM »
they're more warmer than Denons even.. and yung wattage ratings nila is extremely conservative...

a 40 watt per channel nila is comparative to 75- 85 watts ng Denon - approx. .. they're a step up than denons...

They're known to skimp on 'worthless features' tsaka yung design ng hardware is 'simplicity...'  pero it's extremely efficient.

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2002 at 02:35 PM »
yup better sounding than yammies, warm sounding, plus their ratings are continuous, so its like if you say 40 watts continuous, thats the sure power you'll get, but if they use dynamic power or peak power it can go to like 70-80 watts per channel, which unfortunately is what most japanese receivers rate their receivers.

Now that there is a distributor, i am REALLY contemplating on selling my receiver so I can buy the newer models like the T752, or if they have the older one (T761) i might get that  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2002 at 03:00 PM by john5479 »

Offline RobT

• Apprentice
  • more than you think you are
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2002 at 02:53 PM »
@john5479
-how about Harman Kardon on NAD, what r the advantages & disadvantages...
thx.

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2002 at 03:07 PM »
mbtwenty:don't ask me since i'm kind of biased with harman kardon's sound as well :) its all in the matter of what sound you like better, but i like the sound of NAD and H/k over the other brands personally. I asked for pricing and the lowest rated (in terms of power) receiver the price is around 23k, but it doesn't have prologic 2. I think the avr3500/avr3000 is comparable to that model. I think you can still get the avr4000 in the same price range as well if you want more power.

Offline RobT

• Apprentice
  • more than you think you are
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2002 at 03:13 PM »
thanks john5479, i'm really eyeing HK over denon and onkyo.

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2002 at 10:42 AM »
hi redkoji!

sent you a pm...thanks! ;D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • It's better to burn out than to fade away.
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jun 14, 2003 at 08:45 AM »
AV Surfer Alabang Town Center has the T762 AVR already. Its 50T less 5%. FYI.

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jun 14, 2003 at 09:01 AM »
stradale:have you demoed the nadt762? how did it fare?

Offline DVDAdik

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jun 14, 2003 at 02:18 PM »
how much is t752?

ano ba ang katapat na model ng hk, marantz and denon?

TIA!

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jun 14, 2003 at 04:54 PM »
stradale:have you demoed the nadt762? how did it fare?

Unfortunately it wasn't on demo.  They have only 2 units so if you are interested and you've got the moolah, you'll need to scramble a bit :).

Offline v0elker

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 14, 2003 at 05:29 PM »
Unfortunately it wasn't on demo.  They have only 2 units so if you are interested and you've got the moolah, you'll need to scramble a bit :).

hey stradale. ru shopping for a new receiver? btw, hows ur shiny new cdp?

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jun 14, 2003 at 07:52 PM »
bro. stradale...sent you pm...thanks! ;)

Offline stradale

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jun 14, 2003 at 11:02 PM »
hey stradale. ru shopping for a new receiver? btw, hows ur shiny new cdp?

Not really. Priority ko right now is putting together a 2-channel setup on which the CDP you mentioned will serve as front end. However, as I mentioned to bro superman in a pm, I'm open to selling my Yamaha AVR to acquire a better one as long as minimal ang cash outlay.  The CDP is sounding better after 50-hrs of burning-in.  Another 50-hrs pa :).

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jun 15, 2003 at 04:43 AM »
stradale: the break in should be worth the wait..after all black gates capacitors nyan.

although the nad t752 is just 5.1 it can be upgraded to 7.1 if you add a stereo amp. the marantz model comparable is the marantz sr6300, yamaha its the rxv1200/1300, hk its the 5500 (the current fave of most pinoydvd'ers) for denon it can be the 2803

Offline v0elker

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jun 15, 2003 at 09:39 PM »
Not really. Priority ko right now is putting together a 2-channel setup on which the CDP you mentioned will serve as front end. However, as I mentioned to bro superman in a pm, I'm open to selling my Yamaha AVR to acquire a better one as long as minimal ang cash outlay.  The CDP is sounding better after 50-hrs of burning-in.  Another 50-hrs pa :).

hahaha, congrats on ur new cdp. next year i might follow the same route, hopefully by that time bumaba na prices ng sacd players :-D

enjoy the music!

Offline alfa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jun 20, 2003 at 12:05 AM »
Where is the 762 made?

Offline wolf666

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jun 27, 2003 at 11:40 PM »
Limabas na ba sa pinas ang T762?

v0elker,
napakinggan mo na ba ang SR7300 and T762 (or T752). ano tingin mo? Nung naghahanap kasi ako ng receiver last Dec 2002, wala pa ang T762 and that hindi alam dito singapore kung kelan exact arrival. kaya i settled with SR7300. although hindi ko pa naririnig, marami nagsasabi na talagang maganda yung 2 channel stereo nya. Am thingking of selling my SR7300 and buy this baby.

Offline v0elker

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jun 28, 2003 at 10:56 AM »
yep, meron na daw T762, look up the thread for studio systems in the general forum, they are the authorized dealers for nad (along with klipsch, def tech, etc) here in the phil. i think its selling for around P50k or less here

yep, i already heard the marantz x300 series. i like marantz, sr4200 ung dati kong avr eh. i still prefer marantz over denon and other jap brands because of its musicality. pero the marantz dun have anything on the nad and rotels, mas musical and the power ratings very conservative, unlike most jap brands, hehe.

anyway, i ended up with the NAD T752 and im very happy with the purchase. quite musical and lots of power on tap. sabi nung mga dati kong colleagues before na i can do better with b&k receivers (ilan kasi sa kanila meron nun) but at more than thrice the price.

try mo yung T762 sa gp acoustics! lemme know how it turns out. dun pala ko bumili ng T752, was able to bargain for a 15% off the retail price, yung alpha audio (tama ba) would only give me 12% off. pero kung uwi ka na, tanong ka kay redkoji, last time i checked, yung T752 price was very competitive. gluck!

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jun 28, 2003 at 12:13 PM »
the nadt762 should sound great in stereo if the nadt752 will serve as a basis. Some say its laid back, I find the sound warm with my speakers, ang lamang lang ng tube amp ko is a more refined top end, midrange wise its not bad at all...i owned a marntz before and if you like the marantz in 2 channel..you'll like the nad even better. what speakers do u have btw?

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jun 28, 2003 at 12:56 PM »
Wolf,

When I was looking for new AVR heard the Marantz sr600 ( not the 700) vs NAD T752 for me mas ok ang NAD feel ko yun body nun music and that the AVR I bought. ;D

Offline wolf666

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jun 29, 2003 at 12:48 AM »
Hans Adriane,
Hindi ko alam kung magandang comparison yung SR6300 against T752. Dito kasi sa singapore, pareho presyo ng T752 at SR7300. tingin ko talagang maririnig mo difference sa dalawa. Ewan kolang sa SR7300. yung kasing 7300 ay 105 x 6 at made in Japan sya unlike 6300.

Gusto ko yung T762 and I guess malaki ang sound difference nya agains SR7300 especially sa 2 channel stereo. Pero based lang sa mga international forums ko ito nababasa. I have yet to try them side by side.
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2003 at 12:50 AM by wolf666 »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jun 29, 2003 at 03:47 PM »
Wolf,

I agree you'll hear the difference but for my experience a felt and heard it at the same time pre. Stereo or Multi channel engaging ang NAD not just enveloping you with sound na dumadaan lang its like your into the action every punch is felt...