Author Topic: Dynaudio Speakers  (Read 131285 times)

Offline fong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #180 on: Jul 13, 2006 at 08:20 PM »
70w Amp at what impedance siya?

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: Jul 14, 2006 at 05:31 AM »
Hi MatZTER,

What source equipment did you use? Hmmm, nakaka-intriga tuloy. Where did you audition?

Myki

Me & my friend (who owns a dynaudio a72) auditioned an Audeince 72 last night with an EXPOSURE integrated amp. I must say its the best sounding combination I have ever heard, maybe the best I have ever heard.

I was skeptic when I was told about this 70w amp driving dynaudios. But when I auditioned it,  the Exposure amp really surprised me.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Jul 14, 2006 at 09:45 AM »
You can audition it at Audioworld. They have a Dynaudio 72 there now. Grabe yung dynamics. It took me several listening sessions with my own speakers before I got content again with my own setup. I almost wanted to upgrade instantly to dyn/exposure.

Ricky, di pa rin sure if he will buy, that guy thinks a million times before he buys.

Fong: Alam ko its 8 ohms

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Aug 17, 2006 at 11:04 PM »
Matzter,

How much is the exposure amp? 2010s ba?

thanks

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #184 on: Aug 18, 2006 at 01:03 AM »
Matzter,

thanks

Its very reasonable bro considering that it made the a72 sing beautifully. Its one nice amp to consider,muntik na kami mapasubo ni matt ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Aug 19, 2006 at 10:44 PM »
Matzter,

thanks

Yes, 2010s. Its at P60k SRP. I keep away from it to prevent SARS.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Aug 19, 2006 at 11:04 PM »
Yes, 2010s. Its at P60k SRP. I keep away from it to prevent SARS.
wow 60k for integrated amps huh.. :o :o :o if you avoid it, it must be worth that...

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Aug 19, 2006 at 11:34 PM »
Usually, it takes more money (many xx)  than that to power Dynaudio floorstanders to sound like this.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 965
« Reply #188 on: Aug 20, 2006 at 08:30 AM »
the exposure has 70 watts on paper but for real world applications and connected to the 4 ohm Audience it would pump out at least 150 watts per channel. just right to make it sing.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Aug 20, 2006 at 12:36 PM »
Mat,

Since you already heard this amp with Dyns, could you describe its sound? laid back ba, neutral or forward?

thanks

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Aug 22, 2006 at 09:53 AM »
Mat,

Since you already heard this amp with Dyns, could you describe its sound? laid back ba, neutral or forward?

thanks

I would describe it as very dynamic with the music we listened to.

But given the 3 choices you mentioned above, I would say its forward (if I interpretted the word correctly).

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Dyna Audio: How does it compare to other very good speakers?
« Reply #191 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 08:43 PM »
Hi! I'd like to ask an advise about dyna audios which i was faithfully being sales talked for an unbelievable 6 hours by the dealer in the listening in style yesterday. But still i opt to not buy 1st, at least not until I asked you fellow pinoydvd mates who already have vast experience in this intricate home theater and audio world.  Because honestly, i don't want to get fooled or spend extreme amount of money for a mediocre hometheater performance. By the way, I'm mostly into hometheater but from time to time I do enjoy audio listening.

Guys, sa totoo lng atat nadin ako bumili ng home theater set. But somewhere at the back of my mind, something is telling me that iam not yet ready, and i still need some good research before plunging into the hometheater world. So i would like to ask an advice regarding this DYNA AUDIO, because i will be spending 280-375k and the dealer was saying that dyna is one of the best audio and hometheater set. He even demo it for me, for how many times for different models and I was impressed, however, I'd still want some confirmation from you guys, most specially those who have DYNA sets or have heard this several times in their DEMO sessions.

The question still lies.. How Does DYNA AUDIO compare to brands such as B&W, Mission, Wharfdale, Daichi, Mordaunt short, JBL, Others i forgot to mention pls don't hesitate to include it for comparison sake? Any opinion, recommendations and personal advice from personal experience pls kindly share some, I would really appreciate it and would greatly help me on my decision in buying a home theater set by the end of this week. Thank you in advance. ^_^

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
Re: Dyna Audio: How does it compare to other very good speakers?
« Reply #192 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:01 PM »
good evening po sir  :) wow!!!  dami budget!! hehehe  :o :o  I think there is a Dynaudio thread here and feel free to read through the comments there.  Dynes have speakers to choose from at diff price levels.  Pero definitely, nasa higher end na mga ito.  Marami pinaguusapan nga dito, from Missions, B&Ws, Wharfs, Dali, etc tapos meron pa bago ngayon, yung mga ELACs....with each brand having their own sound charcteristics. 

What I would advise you is to research online first and after that, limit your preference to three brands. and from there, try to audition them all, using the same amp, as much as possible.  Bring your favorite reference CD or DVD.  Go A/V shop hopping to audition the finalists, and from there, you yourself can judge which sound bests to you.  Time invested in auditioning is essential specially if ur gonna spend 280-375k on HT gears.  :) :)  you can pm sir dieselsy too, he owns one of the best HT set-up here in PDVD..and he owns Dynes  :) :)
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:12 PM by Munskie »

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:17 PM »
Thank you sir munskie I agree with you 100% about auditioning and being meticulous enough considering nga the budget, but unfortunately, la nako time for auditioning kasi monday uwi nako nang province and maybe balik ko ditu sa manila 3-5years na, who knows.. =/ May business ksi kmi dun, it's too hard for me to find time to have a vacation here in manila as freely as of now kaya sinamantala ko na.  I know i might easily end up with a mediocre speaker set with this bad time managemant i have. But I was hoping na thru your various recommendations, personal opinions and advices I might end up with at least a good buy that is worth the money Iam willing to invest. i have also read all the DYNA forums seems good but so do wharfdales and missions. Hopefully, someone could give me more direct advise on the combinations if i want to buy this or that with my budget 280-375k, it can be lower, as long as the quality won't suffer sana.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:21 PM »
do you own a receiver/power amp na?  or bibili ka narin?  its also essential to know what amp ur gonna power ur speakers....medyo power hungry kasi mga Dynes eh..
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:21 PM by Munskie »

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:25 PM »
yes about the receiver nga pala. The dealer was recommending yamaha which happen to drive it well so far. Pero medyo bright sa hearing ko e. So i would appreciate any recommendations for an alternative receiver/amp

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:31 PM »
I suggest go separates na.  Rotel pre/pro and power amp combo, kakasya na dun sa 375k budget mo, with lots to spare pa sa speakers.  how big is ur HT room sir.... :)

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:34 PM »
hmm not that big, mga 40 square meters lang yung dedicated home theater. estimate ng dealer yun when i let him saw the blueprint. By the way, are you telling me to go all the way with DYNA audio sets?

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:47 PM »
40 square meters is pretty big!!!  ur gonna need power to fill up that room.  ayaw mo mag projector sir? hehehe

im not familiar with pricing of Dynes, but in quality, Im sure you wont go wrong with them, as long as you feed them with a powerful amp.

heres what your budget can do. 

Rotel pre/pro
Rotel power Amp
your choice of speakers kakasya dito, then magkakasukli kapa para sa PJ
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2006 at 07:06 AM by Munskie »

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 09:54 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation sir. Yes mag projector nga pala ako i forgot to say it in my post earlier. I will be using panasonic ae900, mahal na ksi sobra yung yamaha na top of the line DLP projector nila e. Nga pala where can i buy this B&W sets and rotel na you mentioned above para ma audition ko din ito sa lalung madaling panahon? Thanks again mate! ^_^

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 10:03 PM »
sir sent u pm... :)

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 01:44 AM »
xpense,

Sa budget mo  dami kang choices. Pero I recommend receiver/amp from Arcam, Rotel and Nad in that order. Sayang ang Dyns if you go yamaha. Go back to the dealer and listen again and try diff.amps and choose the combination that suits your taste. I have a Nad T753 and a pair of Dyns52 and the sound is warm and great. Di ko na na audition yung Arcam 300 baka ma sars lang ako pero I think its better than my Nad. I had an Arcam200 before and sold it because its only 5.1. Good luck and let us know.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 10:35 AM »
yes about the receiver nga pala. The dealer was recommending yamaha which happen to drive it well so far. Pero medyo bright sa hearing ko e. So i would appreciate any recommendations for an alternative receiver/amp

HAHAHAHAHA. My friend who owns dynaudio audience 72 kept complaining that his Yamaha's could not drive the dyns for music, ok lang sa HT, but kulang na kulang for audio. He was using a 1300 model in an 80+ sqm room. But I am not sure for the new 2600 or 4600 model.

Dynes are even more power hungry than B&W's, as SGT always says. Keep a certain (big) budget for your amps. Separates would be a good route. For your room size, floorstanders are a must and I would recommend at least 200-250wpc for your fronts.

I have heard the dyns sing for music and it really made my eyes pop. Its one of the best I ever heard, but provided the combination is right. I heard it with Exposure 2010s integrated amp and CDP in a small shop. These 3 (audience 72, CDP, int amp) would cost some 200k already.

For HT, I could not recall if it sounded great with my friend's setup. When I was watching at his HT before, I was still a total newbie w/ no setup of my own at that time so it was impressive already for me, specially his subs (syempre newbie pa ako noon, LFE ang impressive, not details). I have not compared it to my current setup yet w/ regards to HT.
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2006 at 10:46 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 10:39 AM »
yeah yeah  I agree, parang mga Rottweilers yan, kailangan pakainin ng marami.  4ohms ba Dynes?  ...since B&W user ako--- 604s are ok sa 40 sqm room.  then rmb 1095

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 11:00 AM »
If you are going into 7 channel setup w/ Dynes ( 2 floorstanders, 1 center, 4 surrounds), go for Rotel RB1075 (5x130w) for the center and 4 surrounds, around 60k and another 1080 (2x200w) or 1090 (2x380w) for your fronts.

I REALLY doubt if you will go wrong with this setup. Thats enough power and I think this will fit your budget of 375k. Processor (90k), Speakers (160k), 5 channel amp (60k), 2 channel amp (around 70k).

Try audioworld or SGT home theater for your Rotel needs.

View the HT gallery and look for khamshaw's HT, he is using 3 stereo amps for his Dynaudio HT and he is using Bryston 2x250w for his fronts. 3 stereo amps is very ideal, lots of power & individual transformers. The most ideal, if you have the budget, are monoblocks for each speaker, but thats too much (money).
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2006 at 11:16 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 11:15 AM »
Munskie, why not offer your bro in law's high end Proceed pre/pro & amp to expenz? I am sure those will power the dynes beautifully.
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2006 at 11:16 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 11:20 AM »
matt, hes still gonna buy panny ae900 from that 375k budget.

medyo nagmamadali si mr. xpenz (hehehehe, very relative yung handle nya sa gagastusin nya), kaya di na naya magawa yung advise ko sa kanya na mag invest ng time sa auditioning.  Di yata sya taga manila, and have only few days left to spend that HT budget of his.   :)
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2006 at 11:25 AM by Munskie »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 12:00 PM »
matt, hes still gonna buy panny ae900 from that 375k budget.

Hopefully, someone could give me more direct advise on the combinations if i want to buy this or that with my budget 280-375k, it can be lower, as long as the quality won't suffer sana.

Whoa! Ok so I assume that 375k is the budget for the whole setup and sticking to Dynes since this is the Dynaudio thread:

85k AE900
40-45k Velodyne CHT15r (for a 40sq m. room)
100k Dynaudio 72 and center ,
for surrounds I follow dieselsy's practical setup, kahit wharfes no prob 10k. Go for Dyn surrounds if you are into multichannel audio, if not 34k for a pair of surrounds (68k for a 7.1 surround) is wow... I would rather spend on the amps for 68k
68k Rotel 1080 (2x200), (dito mo nalang buhos yung 68k budget for surrounds) 200w is a must for your big room.
60k Top Mid end receiver (better processor) to power your center & surrounds
I am not sure if I can recommend Yamaha since I was told by a Rotel dealer that they tried a Yamaha flagship plus Rotel and the owner didnt like it (bright daw). Take note this is hearsay and regarding older models, duno abt the new models (with pre out ek-eks accdng to brochure). In my experience naman, its ok with my Harman Rotel combo.

Just called Audioworld and Joey is giving a special price for cash purchase. This would stretch your budget a bit.

« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2006 at 12:26 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #208 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 12:19 PM »
Xpenz u can PM Synchro_01 he can help you a lot.

Offline dieselsy

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #209 on: Sep 06, 2006 at 11:35 PM »
hi sir,sugest you invest on your front ,center,sub and a gud pair of av and multi chan amp and a proj.for me those are the most impt parts ng ht,and hv your room treated and spkers calibrated too.for surounds use any lower brnd kc for efects lang naman yun,upgrde it wen you hv the budget na sir.for the frnt and center  spkr dapat same size o ka set nya in short ,para pag may sound panning sya equal ang sound nya.center spkr is really impt sa ht para clear ang dialogue.go for dyns na,audience,focus or contour series.hope nakatulong naman ako ;D.gud luck sir ;).audition all b4 buying,beter use the av and amp u wil use to drve the spkr  wen you are auditioning sir to be sure ;D
sori for my typing ha im nt gud at it ;D ;D
DCS Network Bridge
DCS Scarlatti DAC
DCS Scarlatti Clock
Plinius SA 100
Harbeth P3 40th Anv