Author Topic: Dynaudio Speakers  (Read 130486 times)

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Dynaudio Speakers
« Reply #210 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 01:06 AM »
sorry mejo ot itong post ko coz i dunno anything about dyns :P

the RMB-1075 is perfect for the B&W 604 and perfect for your budget  :) i don't think you'll ever find it lacking, your ears would bleed first ;D

But in most international forums they recommend the 602 over the 604 because the only advantage of the 604 is in the bass department. a good sub+602 will match the 604s daw. so if ever you decide to go B&W ok na ok na ang 602 even for a large room. i would have gone w/ the dm602 s3, lcr600 combo  myself kaso may nahanap akong deal for 604s2, lcr6 for almost the same price e.

just my 2 cents :)

p.s.
if you wanna know more about b&w and rotels check out:
http://www.htguide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php4?f=22

for user reviews:
http://www.audioreview.com/

hope this helps :)

Offline xpenz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #211 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 01:38 AM »
@ mate
munskie
ET414
ricky
matzer
and dieselsy

Thank you very much. I respect all your advices tlga because honestly, iam not too eager to spend my money to that type of high profile speaker, which happen to be very sensitive and requires much more expensive item for it to drive. So certainly the budget will just shoot up and up and up until i get satisfied with it. so i was really happy for all your honest advices and recommendations. And iam considering all other options that you all patiently laid down for me. Really appreciate it! I will really try to audtion it all. Hopefully i can postpone my earlier departure time to accomodate all the necessary auditioning schedules. 

One thing i didn't like in this dyna thread is that when i say my budget is 280-375k, some are trying to give advices to exact my expenditure to 375k. Which is okay but i will be most likely happy if someone could recommend a lowered hometheater set up price but would produce a very pleasant and satisfying result. hoenstly, iam not limiting myself to dyna audio only, it just happened to be the 1st speaker set that's been auditioned to me, and honestly, This is my 1st time setting up a serious home theater set. since the boomy logitech 5.1 mini home thater i got. So I would prefer if its a little bit user friendly so that if upgrade in the future is necessary. I won't be getting hard time doing so. Since DynaAudio is quite sensitive and much more of a veteran speaker set besides being that expensive. I will now be considering a very very good alternative and yet i hope it still would be a satisfying experience. So thanks again mates for the recommendations,advices and patience you got for advice seekers like me. i hope you would all keep it coming. ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2006 at 01:53 AM by xpenz »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 07:14 AM »
I will try to post sa recommend a speaker thread para mas appropriate mr. expenz...hehehehe, alam mo naman tayo sa PinoyDVD, kapag nagbigay ka budget, lalo na kung nagrerecomend lang kami at hindi yung gumagastos, sinasagad yung budget, hehehehe   ;D ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 10:27 AM »
I will try to post sa recommend a speaker thread para mas appropriate mr. expenz...hehehehe, alam mo naman tayo sa PinoyDVD, kapag nagbigay ka budget, lalo na kung nagrerecomend lang kami at hindi yung gumagastos, sinasagad yung budget, hehehehe   ;D ;D

Sarap kasi mag recommend pag di mo pera, LOL. Lalo na pag isang bagsakan lang lahat.  ;D. It took me like almost 2 years to slowly save up to get to expenz's minimum budget expenditure for my HT.

One thing i didn't like in this dyna thread is that when i say my budget is 280-375k, some are trying to give advices to exact my expenditure to 375k. Which is okay but i will be most likely happy if someone could recommend a lowered hometheater set up price but would produce a very pleasant and satisfying result. I will now be considering a very very good alternative and yet i hope it still would be a satisfying experience. So thanks again mates for the recommendations,advices and patience you got for advice seekers like me. i hope you would all keep it coming. ;)

Actually, a lower cost HT setup is much easier to advise. I would have mentioned this several posts ago, but it would be OT (out of topic) already since this is the Dynaudio thread. Sige, sa Recommend a speaker thread na lang kami mag recommend.  :)

But just to clear things up, 280 is you budget for everything? including PJ and subs?

If it is the case, you can browse the HT gallery and look for my setup and use it for reference. My estimate is, my HT gears may fit your minimum budget. Just upgrade to CHT-15r and M53 floorstanders for your 40sq room.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2006 at 11:21 AM by MAtZTER »

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 952
« Reply #214 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 11:17 AM »
a full Dyn Audience system (6.1) will usually cost you 200K (including Audience Sub).  you have a lot left on electronics. a good high end THX certified receiver will be able to do the job.  If you go and opt for the seperates route your budget might not be enough.   The Contour series is out of the question already since a full (6.1) Contour series will eat up your whole budget.  you may ask JR Pe of LIS if he has pre owned gear in stock for the electronics. who knows he might give you a good deal if you get all the stuff through him.  Call before you drop by. He usually is there around 3pm onwards. Dont drop by on a weekend coz he is busy.  Weekdays would be a good time to drop by since you will have all the time in the world to listen to what they have. Tell him your requirement, preference and budget and he will surely be able to work out a package for you.  As much as possible dont take the advise of the other personel that they have at the store (except Andy who is the most knowledgeable amongst the sales staff). They only know the prices and they are there mostly for the "consumer stuff" that they sell.

Also...try not to listen to the other models of the Dynes like the Special 25 and the Evidence series. you might end up taking home a Stereo pair instead of Home Theater set ;D
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline et414

• DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #215 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 01:47 PM »
xpenz,

you're from the province pala! where are you from? problema pala nyan baka order basis yung ibang components na gusto mo  :( anyway i've sent you a pm, hope this helps :)

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 08:45 PM »
@ munskie

Thank you sa suggestion, that would be very nice. Diko lam ganitu pala sa PDVD sagaran. hehehe

@ matzter

a very satisfying 280k setup is most welcome sir matz! ill try to browse base dun sa set up mo, btw, i saw some of the pics already and your room is awesome!  ;)

@synchro

nice input mate, but iam about to give up on the dynes since the series of compatibility risk posts before this post. as ive said before, im just barely a newbie in this serious Ht world. I would love a high end machine if i can afford one with a promise of a very satisfying HT experience, but if such complicated problems might occur in the future and i might suddenly get overwhelmed; sayng nmn because i know i only have a very limited troubleshooting tricks to throw outside my sleeves. This might result in a lot of expenses just to get the satisfying experience I intended to get in dynes speakers. But still I have not fully given up on dynes, I'd still audition it, this time with other receivers, provided my budget could still allow it.

@ET414

Sa masbate ang province ko bro, medyo may kalayuan tlga. because it's not located sa city mismo. Actually very far pa sya sa city. Puro lubak lubak kalsada kunsabagay libre na masahe yun! ;D ;D Andun ksi lumber and construction business nmin e. kaya no choice but to stay at the far side of the planet. Hehehe sana nga mapasaya nlng ako ng HT ko if ever good buy nga ang makuha ko sana.... That would be real great besides my GF of course.  ;D ;)

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2006 at 08:49 PM by xpenz »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 08:53 PM »
wow, I guess sir expenz you have to buy na mga essentials coz of ur location, I forgot to tell you, mga cables din will burn part of the budget, especially in a 40 sqm room like yours....have you decided what to get na?

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #218 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 09:06 PM »
Sir xpenz sagaran talaga dito para iwas upgrade na, kasi if you'll buy gears that you dont really like bec of cost constraints im sure after a yr or so papalit ka na naman, which will turn out to be more expensive. yung suggestion namin is always value for money and gears you can keep for a very long time,mahal nga pero im sure it will really make you happy and contented ;) ;D

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 09:21 PM »
@ munchskin

hmm yung cables nga pala is another minor problem, pero ok lng nmn ata paparecommend nlng sa dealer, cguru nmn since cable lng yan e makakapagsuggest na sila ng maayus nun.  ;)

@ Ricky

oo naman, i really believe in you guys khit noon paman ngbabasa bko ditu. about DVDs nga lang. ang gagaling tlga ng advises nyu at makikita nmn sa pics ng HT rooms and collections nyu e. Excellent tlga! Kaya nga I will really try my best na makakuha din ng good buy para nmn di masayang mga suggestions nyu mga mates!  :) 

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 09:22 PM »
hey ricky welcome back....maybe we can transfer this discussion sa recommend a speaker.....

Offline Meridian-Audio

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • www.grupotoyota.com.ph
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 09:33 PM »
Hi sir expenz,

Pwede rin ba ako magrecommend ng speaker system sau??  ;D
I can also give u demo. ;)

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 09:44 PM »
@ munchskin

hmm yung cables nga pala is another minor problem, pero ok lng nmn ata paparecommend nlng sa dealer, cguru nmn since cable lng yan e makakapagsuggest na sila ng maayus nun

Im really sure they will recommend kaya lang baka mas mahal pa sa speakers yung kalabasan ??? ::) ;D you can check out the klotz cables,per meter sya so mas mura ;D

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 09:45 PM »
thanks munchskin for the welcome,ok see you at recommend a speaker ;)

Offline xpenz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 11:12 PM »
@Meridian - Audio

Sure sir, and thank you in advance pala. Dun nlng daw sa recommend speaker pagusapan or PM nlng mate. tnx again

Offline fong

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Dead set on dynaudio 42s
« Reply #225 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 10:39 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm already dead set to get the Dynaudio 42s. My problem is that I have the following components, and i am lacking the processor:

1. DVD/CD Player (HK27)
2. Power Amp - HK PA2000 (120W x 2 @ 8 ohms)

4 (soon to be) Dynaudio 42s

I am having trouble deciding what to put in the middle, either an AVR or just a pre-processor/integrated amp?

Please help...

Thanks!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Dead set on dynaudio 42s
« Reply #226 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 10:49 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm already dead set to get the Dynaudio 42s. My problem is that I have the following components, and i am lacking the processor:

1. DVD/CD Player (HK27)

I am having trouble deciding what to put in the middle, either an AVR or just a pre-processor/integrated amp?

Please help...

Thanks!

Is you power amp bridged @ 2x120? Remember that Dyns are at 4 ohms and bridged amps work for 8 ohms. Is this for HT or Stereo?

Offline fong

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 11:47 AM »
Hi Master MAtz,

yep, its bridged.

I'll be actually using them for both HT/Audio. Wala naman siguro problema to right, given the rep of HK amps?

Fong

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 12:32 PM »
AFAIK, I dont think its advisable to use 4 ohm speakers on bridged amps. Check the manual though. Kahit naman good rep ang Hk but if you dont follow the instructions sa manual and misuse it, masisira pa rin yan.  :)

If for HT, go for a HK 635. It can power the A42's. My friend uses it to power A72's.

If you have the budget, go for Rotels
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2006 at 12:37 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline fong

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 01:32 PM »
ahhhh.. hehe out of budget. so anyway you will suggest to get an AVR pa rin right?

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 01:42 PM »
ahhhh.. hehe out of budget. so anyway you will suggest to get an AVR pa rin right?

Of course, you said you will use it for HT, syempre either AVR or separates if you have the budget. Dont forget to factor in the more expensive AVRs or separates amp you need for Dynes.

some of the fellow members I know told me that Rotels were able to power Dyn bookshelves well enough.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 01:57 PM »
Hi Master MAtz,

yep, its bridged.

I'll be actually using them for both HT/Audio. Wala naman siguro problema to right, given the rep of HK amps?

Fong

In a bridged config, each amp will see half the speaker load.  If your amps are rated for 2 ohms, bridging them over 4 ohm speakers should be no problem. But I doubt if commercial amps are so rated.   The PA2000 was among the first power amps I considered 2 years ago.  And I downloaded the pdf manual in my research.  The required speaker impedance is 8 ohms, bridged or not, clearly indicated at the back panel.   It doesn't even have a 4-ohm power specfication.  Amplifiers than can handle 4-ohm loads do.  But you can always try.  The amp's protection circuit is there to engage if and when the load conditions start to become intolerable for the amp. 
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2006 at 02:20 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline fong

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 04:22 PM »
risky risky! libo yung sugal nito. heheh

What particular rotel yung kaya mag drive ng Dyns? I am also looking at the RA-02/RA-01, kaso 40W/chan lang to. bad trip naman ang hirap maghanap ng papasok sa Dynaudio...

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 07:39 PM »
Try the Rotel RB series.

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 02:30 PM »
risky risky! libo yung sugal nito. heheh

What particular rotel yung kaya mag drive ng Dyns? I am also looking at the RA-02/RA-01, kaso 40W/chan lang to. bad trip naman ang hirap maghanap ng papasok sa Dynaudio...

Fong,

sent you a PM. im unloading some of my Classe amplifiers to give way to an upgrade. classe-dyn combo sounds a lot better than the Rotels that you have in mind.  thanks
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2006 at 02:36 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline jay2

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #235 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 03:06 PM »
sir synchro anung model and magkano po ito

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 02:37 AM »
Jay2,

For Dyns, try mo Arcam or Nad. I auditioned the Rotel before and it sounded lean and cold for Dyns.Pero malay mo that is the kind of sound you prefer.

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Oct 12, 2006 at 08:30 AM »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline sanmig_ph

• DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Dead set on dynaudio 42s
« Reply #238 on: Oct 21, 2006 at 03:26 PM »
Hi Guys,

1. DVD/CD Player (HK27)

Please help...

Thanks!

fong,

bro sent ypu p.m
thanks
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 01:17 PM »
Acquired a Dynaudio Audience 70 from a friend yesterday. W/ a top yamaha receiver, it was boomy in music, di bagay w/ tube pre amp plus Rotel power amp (IMO). Ok naman sya with exposure 2010 (not the 70w 2010S, this one is just 50w!) I borrowed, but harsh at times.

I was thinking of getting a Musical Fidelity A3.5 for its "HT direct" function that lets it become a power amp for HT. Ang mahal nga lang. :-[

Any MF/dyn users? is the combo ok?