Author Topic: Superman: The Ultimate Collection R3  (Read 70385 times)

Offline duncanfranchise

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • Collector
  • Don't think you are; know you are.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Superman: The Ultimate Collection R3 (13 Disc Set)
« Reply #150 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 01:05 AM »
For those having a hard time removing the DVD's from their holders, you could try pressing the center ring using your two thumbs with each forefinger on the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions respectively.  I got a hint from techdude's post and tried this style.  I found the DVD's easier to remove.   ;D

Offline aeris30

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 08:18 PM »
But when I opened it at home, the insert booklet has a small tear on the lower left corner of the first page...c

Got my replacement booklet from astro galleria today :)

Offline im2bz

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #152 on: Nov 18, 2006 at 10:11 AM »
is there anyone here that did not push through with their pre-order?

can i just buy your slot? ;D i'll give back your 200 reservation fee.

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Nov 25, 2006 at 09:59 PM »
guys, sa mga nakabili na, can anyone confirm if this is true? Excited na kasi ako to buy this set... Thanks!

Disc error in "Superman: The Ultimate Collection" Box Set - Some copies of "Superman: The Ultimate Collection," possibly all of them, are being shipped with the wrong version of the Superman III disc. Instead of the "Deluxe Edition" said to be included, reports are coming in that the set is coming (likely through an error) with a copy of the old 2001 barebones "Superman III" DVD.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2006 at 10:00 PM by sgc_wdi »

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Nov 25, 2006 at 11:16 PM »
Note that error occured in R1 not the local R3...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline wrAth

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Simple lang, pero rock.
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Nov 27, 2006 at 04:16 AM »
to add (from dvdactive):

Title: Super Blunder
Starring: Christopher Reeve
Released: 28th November 2006
SRP: $99.92

Further Details:
Those of you who have pre-ordered copies of Warner Home Video's forthcoming Superman: Ultimate Collector's Edition might want to think twice. Due to a massive technical blunder, the Superman III: Deluxe Edition discs contain the original 2001 release of the film, rather than the advertised disc with commentary, additional scenes and a vintage featurette.

Reports indicate that The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection and the individual release of Superman III: Deluxe Edition are unaffected. At this time there has been no word on whether or not Warner intend to issue replacement discs. Even if replacement discs are made available, non-US residents who purchased the set will most likely be left out in the cold. When you combine this with the fact that the advertised original 1978 Dolby Stereo soundtrack for Superman: The Movie is also missing, what could have been the year's best release becomes a less than attractive proposition...
Quo vadis?

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Nov 27, 2006 at 01:48 PM »
here's some more from superman homepage, dang and I just bought a set yesterday  :(

While we're still awaiting official word from Warner Home Video regarding this, I thought it necessary to report on this now...
Apparently there are a few problems with the "Superman: The Movie" and "Superman III" DVDs being released tomorrow. From what I understand, there are two distinct errors...

The "Superman III" DVD is nothing more than the standard disc released in the 2001 release, and does not include the bonus material as advertised.

The theatrical version of "Superman: The Movie" does not contain the 1978 English 5.1 audio track as promised, but defaults to French or German (depending on region). The English 2.0 track is the 2001 mix.

The "Superman: The Movie" problems affect the 4-disc "Superman: The Movie" release, the 8-disc "Christopher Reeve Superman Collection" and the 14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" DVD set. While the "Superman III" problem affects the individual "Superman III: Deluxe Edition" as well as the 8-disc and 14-disc sets.
To our knowledge the audio errors with theatrical "Superman: The Movie" DVD are on all region releases, where the "Superman III" error only affects some regions (apparently the Region 2 release is fine).

We have contacted Warner Home Video about these problems and hope to have an official response from them soon regarding what (if anything) they plan to do about these problems.

Also, just to give you guys some heads up, I bought a set yesterday. The carton casing that holds all the DVDs has scratches on the box. Thinking that I just got a bad set, I went back to "O" Greenbelt 1 this afternoon. I asked for a replacement, so they opened another set, and while this other one has much less scratches on the box, when I opened it, it had a pretty big wrinkled section on the middle part. So I asked them to open up the last set that they had, and again, there were scratches on the box, and a noticeable dent on the edge of the carton.

So I settled back with my original purchase and left. Anyway, this is a great set and all, but I think aside from the DVDs, the carton cases and prints were probably made here locally, which explains the not so very nice quality on the casing. Oh, and this goes the same with the tin cases, all 3 were sealed, but all 3 when opened, had scratches all over. Don't know if this is the same with R1 releases. Can anyone confirm?

As for the disc errors, I haven't checked it yet, can anyone confirm if there really is a problem with the Superman 1 and 3 versions? Thanks.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #157 on: Nov 27, 2006 at 02:05 PM »
Guys, from the posts above and in the other Superman threads, there seems to be some confusion here about the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition boxed set because of the errors reported in the R1 version due out in the States this Tuesday.

To clarify things:

The error in the version of Superman III provided with the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition boxed set ONLY occurs in the Region 1 version. The Region 3 set has the CORRECT Superman III version included.

As for the Audio Mix of the theatrical cut of Superman: The Movie, I just checked this now, and the R3 contains the DD 5.1 Audio Track supposedly missing from the R1 version of the set.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2006 at 06:48 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #158 on: Nov 27, 2006 at 02:32 PM »
Thanks Mr. Hankey, was about to post as well.

Regarding the digi-pack casing and printed materials, Warner communicated to us that these are all imported. The only thing that was done locally was assembly and shrink wrapping. Any superficial scratches may have happened during transport from the factory or in the warehouse itself. They'll investigate.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2006 at 02:43 PM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 11:01 AM »
Thanks Mr. Hankey for clarifying the disc problems...now I'm glad I bought an R3 set.

Thanks Firewired as well for clarifying with Warners about the scratches. I was pretty discouraged when I saw 3 sealed and new sets being opened and all had either scratches, wrinkles, or dents on the carton casing. All 3 tin cases also had scratches, so I settled with the one with the least, but, it's pretty discouraging to shell out 3750 for a collector's set but has all these scratches and stuff. Hope the next batches would be better :)

Offline otogi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 06:15 PM »
Guys, from the posts above and in the other Superman threads, there seems to be some confusion here about the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition boxed set because of the errors reported in the R1 version due out in the States this Tuesday.

To clarify things:

The error in the version of Superman III provided with the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition boxed set ONLY occurs in the Region 1 version. The Region 3 set has the CORRECT Superman III version included.

As for the Audio Mix of the theatrical cut of Superman: The Movie, I just checked this now, and the R3 contains the DD 5.1 Audio Track supposedly missing from the R1 version of the set.

Now this makes me happy. Im glad I bought R3 when in fact I was thinking of getting the R1.

Offline duncanfranchise

• Collector
  • Don't think you are; know you are.
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 06:43 PM »
Our acquisitions would've been perfect if the 14th disc were included.  Such a shame.   ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 10:20 PM »
Thanks Mr. Hankey for clarifying the disc problems...now I'm glad I bought an R3 set.

You're welcome. So am I! I actually cancelled my R1 pre-order due to a change in the itinerary of the person who was going to handcarry it from the States for me. I knew that change was a sign!  ;D

here's some more from superman homepage, dang and I just bought a set yesterday  :(

While we're still awaiting official word from Warner Home Video regarding this, I thought it necessary to report on this now...

Apparently there are a few problems with the "Superman: The Movie" and "Superman III" DVDs being released tomorrow. From what I understand, there are two distinct errors...

The "Superman III" DVD is nothing more than the standard disc released in the 2001 release, and does not include the bonus material as advertised.

The theatrical version of "Superman: The Movie" does not contain the 1978 English 5.1 audio track as promised, but defaults to French or German (depending on region). The English 2.0 track is the 2001 mix.

The "Superman: The Movie" problems affect the 4-disc "Superman: The Movie" release, the 8-disc "Christopher Reeve Superman Collection" and the 14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" DVD set. While the "Superman III" problem affects the individual "Superman III: Deluxe Edition" as well as the 8-disc and 14-disc sets.
To our knowledge the audio errors with theatrical "Superman: The Movie" DVD are on all region releases, where the "Superman III" error only affects some regions (apparently the Region 2 release is fine).

If you check that news report at the supermanhomepage.com, you'll see it has been amended to include a correction from a moderator of Pinoy DVD.  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2006 at 10:25 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 02:18 AM »
To clarify things:

The error

After reading the review on the Digital Bits (http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/spinsheet112706.html#sup), it seems that the track that was missing from the R1 was the 1979 stereo (now a DD 2.0) track, not the DD 5.1 track, which will be restored on replacement discs. 

Can you confirm whether or not the R3 has the correct DD 2.0 track?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 07:31 AM »
After reading the review on the Digital Bits (http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/spinsheet112706.html#sup), it seems that the track that was missing from the R1 was the 1979 stereo (now a DD 2.0) track, not the DD 5.1 track, which will be restored on replacement discs. 

Can you confirm whether or not the R3 has the correct DD 2.0 track?

No, the R3 does not contain an English DD 2.0 track.

So... may kulang din pala.

But will you guys really listen to that track instead of the 5.1?  ::)
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2006 at 07:33 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline aesha

• Collector
  • Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 09:14 AM »
I'm glad I bought the R3 version of this set but I just wanted to know why the SUPERMAN III and IV audio of this release are not in DD 5.1? I got so frustrated when I checked and both discs only have the 2.0 track.

Please explain  :(

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #166 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 09:59 AM »
Who knows? Maybe Warner didn't see the need to spend for a 5.1 remix considering that both films were box office   and critical duds.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline aesha

• Collector
  • Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 10:03 AM »
thanks firewired!

that's what I thought of too but It's nice to see also if both are in 5.1. ;D

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 10:19 AM »
No, the R3 does not contain an English DD 2.0 track.

So... may kulang din pala.

But will you guys really listen to that track instead of the 5.1?  ::)
I dunno.   Is the included 5.1 track a remix of the 1979 audio, or is it 2001-recorded 5.1 track with the much-criticized "new" sound effects?

Offline aesha

• Collector
  • Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Dec 09, 2006 at 08:35 AM »
Guys,

I know everyone who bought the r3 release (including me) was really satisfied with this, I actually held my breath when I saw the thread that the r1 release had some errors especially on the Superman III copy.

That's why everytime there's any r1 release I make sure that I check first the r3 release kasi baka mangyari na naman yung ganito, baka manghinayang lang ako...

what do you think guys?

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #170 on: Dec 09, 2006 at 04:14 PM »
finally got my pre-ordered copy...well worth the wait. ;) in perfect condition plus poster. ;)
Conrats to all who got this... ;D
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline yellowman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Dec 11, 2006 at 12:18 PM »
from AMAZON.COM

Customer notice: Warner Home Video has discovered that bonus content was inadvertently omitted from the Superman III Deluxe Edition contained within some of the 14-disc Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition gift boxes. Also, disc 1 of Superman: The Movie in the Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition was produced with Dolby Surround 5.1 but inadvertently did not include the original 1978 Dolby 2.0 stereo surround sound mix. Please note that these discs are still playable and not defective. If you need to replace your discs, please call 1-800-553-6937 and replacement discs will be made available at no cost to you

Will ASTROPLUS will also change the discs we bought from them for these things?  Haven't checked it yet but think should also be the same as what happened to REGION 1 Editions.

Thanks

Offline yellowman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Dec 11, 2006 at 12:30 PM »
just read previous posts and R3 not affected by what happend with R!.  Thanks for the clarification...

Offline pepsimaxnosugar

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Mar 25, 2008 at 12:11 PM »
Chanced upon a sale last weekend March 22, 2008 at Astro SM North EDSA and I bought one for just P2500.00 (regular price P3750). Dunno kung kailan pa nag-slash ng price for this collection pero according to Astro, until March 31 na lang daw. Even the other boxsets like Troy, Ben-Hur, etc. are included in the sale.

Offline dragonrower

• Collector
  • www.pc-experts.org
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 01:09 PM »
i bought this last friday from the sale event from festival mall. any of you had a problem on the first disc? freezing starts at chapter 20 & 68:20 mins & so on. pansin ko may swirl marks. not really scratches, pero parang swirl marks sa loob ng disc itself.

anybody had the same experience? were you able to easily replace it from astro? thanks

Offline Fat Makoy

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • I Love PINAS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 02:07 PM »
i bought this last friday from the sale event from festival mall. any of you had a problem on the first disc? freezing starts at chapter 20 & 68:20 mins & so on. pansin ko may swirl marks. not really scratches, pero parang swirl marks sa loob ng disc itself.

anybody had the same experience? were you able to easily replace it from astro? thanks

yup bro same problem din sa disc1. pero aware ako since nasabihan ako na may prblema nga dun sa 1st disc. kinuha ko parin since lahat ng nilabas dito eh ganyan talaga. no replacement is advised. dapat nasabihan ka nung store rep since they were obliged to say it to any customer na mag inquire.
Bless d man if his heart & his land r 1, d 3 stars & a sun. - FM

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #176 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 10:44 AM »
any of you had a problem on the first disc? freezing starts at chapter 20 & 68:20 mins & so on. pansin ko may swirl marks. not really scratches, pero parang swirl marks sa loob ng disc itself.

I checked my copy yesterday,and yup, Swirls around like a fungal infection (DVD Rot?) and could not go beyond chapter 26.(Superman take Lois Lane to fly). :'(

I bought this last December 13,2007 via online order with PinoyDVDBiz.com and not with the recent sale.

Help...please tell us what to do, hopefully Warner will replace this,since, what good is the collection if one disc's defective?  :P

Paging Randy or Dave, kindly tell us what to do. :-[

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:05 AM »
Exactly the same problem, grabe yung itsura nung disc! I bought this at full price during initial release. What is this, a production error? Weird!

Paging Warner: After years of loyal patronage, this is one issue you should address.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2008 at 11:07 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline ob120485

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • A Sith Lord w/ Elder Wand, One Ring & Walther PPK.
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 01:05 PM »
Oh my!!! Mine too!!!  :o >:( ???

RECALL PLEASE!!!

Paging Warner: After years of loyal patronage, this is one issue you should address.

Dapat lang talaga sir! 45% ng aking collection are Warner titles! nyahahahaha!  ;D ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2008 at 01:10 PM by ob120485 »

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 02:00 PM »
Same here! I haven't watched mine yet and it's already unwatchable.