Author Topic: Suggestion for AV Receiver and Speakers  (Read 190285 times)

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Suggestion for AV Receiver and Speakers
« Reply #180 on: Dec 22, 2002 at 11:34 AM »
better yet why don't you just contact nirvblakr and let his speaker guy build you a new speaker using velodyne tweeters (for improved clarity,highs) he'll be still using your kevlar drivers if you want.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #181 on: Dec 22, 2002 at 05:51 PM »
Thanks philander and john5479 for the plug! ;)

abj104- Just contact me at 09175298004 regarding your speakers.  We can do something about it. 8)

Offline tABs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Last Man Standing
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Dec 22, 2002 at 07:03 PM »
boss mel,

pde mo ako i-txt sa akin yun estimates mo para dun sa active subwoofer (inc. power amp + power supply)

pls txt me @ 09166458805 (roaming)

pag sagot ko sa txt mo, ito lalabas na #: +96657572795
sa cell mo (ito yun saudi mobile ko naman kase pag globe ginamit kong txt back sa u, 15pesos charge nila/txt).

maraming salamat boss nirv, isa kang anghel.....  ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #183 on: Dec 22, 2002 at 07:23 PM »
tabs-sent you a pm!

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Suggestion for AV Receiver and Speakers
« Reply #184 on: Dec 23, 2002 at 08:06 PM »
Pioneer, may tanong ako.. if i only buy the front speakers, then i watch dvd with 5.1/dts, what will be the result? what will the sound be like? kung walang center, eh di walang dialogue? ganun ba yun?

Furry,

If you only have two speakers, tell your receiver to output in stereo.

You'd be amazed what can ba achieved with a good receiver and a decent stereo pair of speakers (say an entry-level Onkyo & PSB/Paradigm/DM 300/Tannoy) vs. a watered-down-by-budget choice of electronics and so-so speakers.

Let's face it, this hobby is not cheap.  Be patient and do it right.  :)

Good luck.

ano setting naman ilalagay sa audio ng player?

Offline DVD-KiD!

• Collector
  • I'm a Newbie
  • Liked:
Help DVD Sound System Setup
« Reply #185 on: Dec 24, 2002 at 12:39 AM »
Hi, I'm new in the world of HT System i'm more on a PC-DVD Setup! no idea on a good HT system but must be affordable to me. I was planning to buy this receiver Pioneer VSX-C300-G for my existing DVD Player don't know if it's worth it! My budget for the receiver is i can go for as 30Tpesos and for the speakers is also 30Tpesos tell me which brand is better and where to buy and why? Below 30Tpesos and performs better is much prefered. I want a receiver and speaker that it will last to 3 to 5yrs and kahit paano hindi parin magiging obsolete if their is a new format comes! kaya nya parin suportahan! and also good for DVD-Audio setup and what cables to do you recommend?

if this question of mine has been already been ask? kindly please re-direct or give me the links of that thread. very much appreciate if u can help me guyz!  

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
Re:Help DVD Sound System Setup
« Reply #186 on: Dec 24, 2002 at 12:36 PM »
for 60k total...

I'd go get a denon 1803

then 5 pcs of Mission 7 series bookshelves, 1 center channel, and one velodyne subwoofer. should fit inside 60k pag tinotal and after haggle...

That's for 6.1, if you think you're gonna be happy with 5.1, then just get a denon 1603 a/v receiver. and 4pcs of mission 7 series speakers. and 1 center channe; + subwoofer. I highly recommend that you go get Mission or B&W speakers pag sa Manila ka. Because those two brands are 'kalat', kaya mas mura ang retail prices for those..

www.mission.com

forget about the Pioneer a/v receiver.. get a denon or arantz instead.

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #187 on: Dec 24, 2002 at 02:01 PM »
I agree with greatbop.

To be more precise, get the Mission m7 series speakers, the older 7 series is actually more expensive. Their website is actually www.mission.co.uk.

GAOL

Offline Rnold

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Dec 26, 2002 at 09:22 AM »

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #189 on: Dec 27, 2002 at 01:33 AM »
I have access to Community/JBL subs and I was wondering if I can use them for HT. These subs are for sound reinforcements in musical concerts appropriate in basketball courts and I believe they rate at around 1500watts and come with their own amp. Next question is would the preamp of an AVR be compatible with the sub's amp.

Trying to figure out how to get those mystical subs that sound big and are consistent sounding. :)

Offline zaldi

• Apprentice
  • What's up dude?
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Jan 10, 2003 at 05:00 PM »
i bought denon avr1403 and jbl scs178 package at the soundroom at the podium.  it costs me only PHP37,400.00 which i think falls under your budget.  the combination is good.  you can go to the soundroom (5th level besides globe hub) and look for grace for a free demo.  i asked for demo for two straight days before finally bought them.  worth it naman...  so far so good...  now, am enjoying staying at home with my very first denon and jbl.  happy buying!  :):)

Offline Flyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I feel the need...the NEED for SPEED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Jan 13, 2003 at 03:09 PM »
Hey guys,

Been reading this thread for sometime na din since im planning to set-up my own HT but with a tight budget lang. Im using a Pioneer DV233 DVD player, DTS out lang siya so i really need a good AV receiver & of course nice speakers. I was able to get in touch with this guy last weekend, according to him he's gettin these stuff directly from the authorized supplier of wharfedale here in manila & he offered me the following items:

(FRONT)Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 Bookshelf Home Theater Stereo Speaker (PAIR) Diamond 8.1
Specifications: Power handling: 100 w Nominal impedance: 6 ohm Sensitivity
(for 2.83v at 1m): 86 dB Frequency response: 55 Hz -20kHz
Dimensions: 11.6" high, 7.8" wide, 7.12" deep Shipping weight: 19.9 lbs.

(CENTER)BRAND NEW WHARFEDALE Diamond 8 Center Speaker. Diamond Center
Specifications: Power handling: 100 w Nominal impedance: 6 ohm Sensitivity
(for 2.83v at 1m): 88 dB Frequency response: 60 Hz - 20 kHz Dimensions: 7.0" high,
17.75" wide, 7.1" deep Shipping weight: 17.25 lbs.

(SURROUND)Wharfedale Diamond DFS Bi-polar Surround Speakers
These bi-polar speakers produces an ideal rear sound field, with both direct stereo imaging and
the ambience required - all with the same detail and resolution you have come to expect from
the rest of the Diamond series range. Bi-polar rear speakers offer the best of both worlds.
They produce an excellent sense of scale with great ambience, but also allow for precision stereo
imaging. The Wharfedale Diamond DFS Surrounds are designed to perfectly match any Diamond
series loudspeaker.

(SUBS)Wharfedale Diamond PC-10A Active Subwoofer.
Specifications:
10" Subwoofer
100W Built-in Amp
Sensitivity:250mV for 75W
Freq. Range: 32 to 170Hz
Downfiring

TOTAL PACKAGE PRICE - 20,200

I need your opinion on these speakers since newbie lang ako & im not so familiar with tech stuff of speakers. I've read a lot of good reviews from the net about wharfedale but i also need opinions coming from owners here at Pinoydvd.

This guy is also offering me a brand new satellite set-up with Subs for only 9k. I'll be placing the set-up in my 20sqm room lang so is it advisable to get satellite lang or the bookshelf speakers? Im planning to buy a different sub na lang din para mas malaki budget for the receiver. Any suggestions for a good sub that can complement 8.1 speakers but price should be below 5k lang. I might disregard din the center speaker from his offer, tsaka na lang..ipon muna ako! ;D

And lastly, what brand/model of AV receivers that you can suggest for the above speakers? Kahit siguro 2nd hand lang pwede na as long as may DTS decoder, my budget is 8-12k lang so i presumed pang-2nd hand lang budget ko.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions from you guys...thanks in advance!!

;D
I feel the need....the need for speed...

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #192 on: Jan 13, 2003 at 06:06 PM »
Maganda at mura wharfedale kaya lang mababa ang sensitivity nya..nasa 86 lang yata..so u really need a very good amp para mapalakas ang tunog..i was also planning on buying those babies kaya lang..sabi nila u really need to crank up the volume nung receiver para lumakas yung tunog..and also base sa review at least a mid price amp is needed para lumabas talaga ang ganda nang wharfedale
Walang Setup

Offline Flyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I feel the need...the NEED for SPEED!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Jan 14, 2003 at 08:45 AM »
Thanks courage for your opinion, appreciate it a lot!

Iceman90a...replied to your PM & thanks again!

;D
I feel the need....the need for speed...

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
need help AVR to be turned into HT
« Reply #194 on: Feb 03, 2003 at 05:56 PM »
yo guys!

i need your help, my bro is planning to convert their AVR into a home theater. me nagpadala na sa kanya na company ng quotations to set-up the place and when i saw it medyo hindi ako bilib and medyo taga ang price(Pioneer CD Player for example is priced around 17K. whoa!)

yun AVR is measuring 21 X 10 meters and siguro ang height mga 10feet(rough estimate) then 120 seats. it has good acoustics daw. i've seen it pro dont have pic eh sorry.

ang binigay sa kanyang list eh yung YAMAHA S60 na package priced at 30K+. which i saw here na ang price lang pala nun eh 18-19K so hell0! sobrang taga nun ah and so i immediately told my bro na get more options(quotations) sa iba.

he has already bought a Canon LCD projector. meron na din lumang tape deck, vhs and mixer i think. need nya is a good screen, set of good speakers, receiver, amplifier siguro and other things im really not an expert that's why im asking you guys for your ideas.

sarap nga sanang gawin project to eh kaso dont have luxury of time coz of work. konting research lang to and help from pinoydvd members :)

do you think a 35W/channel and 40W na sub eh kakayanin tong AVR na to?(yun kasi yung spec ng S60) me?! i dont think so...kung mga living rooms now ang labanan 100w na eh yun pa kaya.

so guys you have ideas to share kahit mga companies that can do this job post naman here and important dapat me number so i can give it to my bro and he'll call.

naalala ko nga yung napost dun sa pic of your HT na thread yun bang from scratch dinocument...sarap gawin nun dito. as in.

told my bro that i'll try to get him some contact numbers who could do the work.

Registered PDVD member since Nov. 02, 2002 \m/

Offline killer_eyes

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re:need help AVR to be turned into HT
« Reply #195 on: Feb 03, 2003 at 10:18 PM »
kung 30W nga eh ang hina nun tapos 40W lang ang sub?

punta ka sa general forum

madami dung mga shop na recommended ng pinoydvd sa tingin ko mas ok yun kesa dun sa sinasabi mo na nag bigay ng quotation sa bro mo
a properly trained man can be a dogs bestfriend

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Feb 03, 2003 at 10:53 PM »
Your brother will need large speakers and powerful equipment for the area. It would better if he would consult professional installer for this. He can also check out the shop owners under the General topic, they have equipments and advises for this kind of setup.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Feb 04, 2003 at 11:23 AM »
http://www.yamaha-audio.co.uk/dvd/dvdsystem/dvx-s60/

Is this the one that will power that large room?
Walang Setup

Offline PUSH

• Collector
  • servant-leader!
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Feb 05, 2003 at 04:15 AM »
courage,
yup that's the one.

levi,
have seen the directory ng mga shops sa GENERAL topic kaso i dont know which specifics shops ang gumagawa ng ganung trabaho dun. there are some listed na i think hindi talaga gumagawa and some pang-videos lang. im not familiar with the shops kasi eh. do you have any specific recommendations?

actually hindi nyo naitatanong this AVR(Audio Video Room) eh located sa loob ng seminary here in Metro Manila :) my bro is administrator kasi nung seminary and yun mga Priest, co-brothers and seminarians nya ang request sa kanya kung pwede daw i-convert na lang yung luma nilang AVR into a Home Theater because their fond of watching movies.
(kaya if u see a large group of males na watching movies sa glorietta or mega at mukhang mga seminarista malamang sila yun hehe  ;D)
wag kayo yun gagastusin nila here came from ipon nila sa mga mass nila  ;D ;D ;D well wala naman kasi silang ibang pagkukunan ng funds  ;)
Registered PDVD member since Nov. 02, 2002 \m/

Offline killer_eyes

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Feb 05, 2003 at 08:22 AM »
kung tama yung nilagay na link ni courage eh sobrang hina naman ata nun for that room...

i guess try mo na lang kumontak dun sa mga shop sa general forum to ask for the best deal
a properly trained man can be a dogs bestfriend

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Feb 05, 2003 at 08:23 AM »
Push,

hindi kakayanin nyang AVR na yan yung room na sinasabi mo..masyadong mahina. i think for small rooms lang yung setup na yan
Walang Setup

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Feb 05, 2003 at 08:43 PM »
Has anybody tried mordaunt-short speakers auditioned there 902 & 912 bookshelfs anybody auditioned this brand need a second opinion.  The bookshelfs I auditioned sounded real great amazing base reproduction for there size not to bright.  The 912 is price liked the B&W 303's but with a lot more bass.

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Feb 05, 2003 at 09:09 PM »
Has anybody tried mordaunt-short speakers auditioned there 902 & 912 bookshelfs anybody auditioned this brand need a second opinion.  The bookshelfs I auditioned sounded real great amazing base reproduction for there size not to bright.  The 912 is price liked the B&W 303's but with a lot more bass.

if those MS are the one's with the white domes i read they are supposed to be highly rated. but if they are the narrow boxes, i've heard them in the malls....you can get something better than them

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Feb 05, 2003 at 09:47 PM »

if those MS are the one's with the white domes i read they are supposed to be highly rated. but if they are the narrow boxes, i've heard them in the malls....you can get something better than them

Thinking of going B&W real clean sound although a little bright pero kung may partner na sub siguro ok na rin.

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Feb 05, 2003 at 09:52 PM »
if you ain't getting a 603 or a 604, i think you will definitely need a sub. i used my 602s without a sub for a month in vain

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Feb 12, 2003 at 02:59 PM »
if you ain't getting a 603 or a 604, i think you will definitely need a sub. i used my 602s without a sub for a month in vain

If your going to go slow on the upgrade as in fronts muna and the receiver tapos later na lang yung others pag nabili mo na yung fronts and receiver what comes next do you go for the sub or the center assuming i'll be using a mission m71 for my fronts.

Offline macks75

• Collector
  • hey
  • Liked:
RECEIVER
« Reply #206 on: Feb 13, 2003 at 04:52 PM »
ano bagay na receiver para sa fronts na B&W 602 tapos center B&WLcr6 rear B&W302
i was thinking of Denon 1803 ok kaya ?

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
Re:RECEIVER
« Reply #207 on: Feb 13, 2003 at 05:22 PM »
denon 1803 should be okay. pero.. if you can get 3803. You're gonna get more out of your speakers that way.

tsaka  i'd save up to 602s sa likod. reason is... mas sonically matched sila sa harap. i know it might be more expensive... pero you want that panning sound to be believable diba?

Offline macks75

• Collector
  • hey
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Feb 13, 2003 at 06:08 PM »
meron na kasi ako existing speakers gusto ko lang palit receiver gamit ko before yamaha

Offline Skabyol

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Feb 13, 2003 at 06:53 PM »
Macks,
Try mo din yung mga receiver ng Marantz (5300,7300)...i think they go well with 600 series.

I have a Marantz SR5200 connected to a 601 S3.

Sorry nde ko lang kung nasa parehong price range yung marantz at denon.

Hope this helps,
Skabyol