Author Topic: Sharp Aquos  (Read 30414 times)

Offline bowler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sharp Aquos
« Reply #60 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 01:38 PM »
Sir,
Kumusta the reception sa cable ng Sharp 37bx5m. Am also looking at this unit since it is about 85K sa sm appliance 12 months 0% interest. Am also looking at the 37px5m about 100K 12 months 0% interest. This new model supposedly has a 6000:1 contrast ratio as against the 1200:1 contrast ratio of the bx5m model. But is it worth the extra 15K?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 02:21 PM »
Sir,
Kumusta the reception sa cable ng Sharp 37bx5m. Am also looking at this unit since it is about 85K sa sm appliance 12 months 0% interest. Am also looking at the 37px5m about 100K 12 months 0% interest. This new model supposedly has a 6000:1 contrast ratio as against the 1200:1 contrast ratio of the bx5m model. But is it worth the extra 15K?

Bros, please dont get confused between dynamic contrast ratio and static contrast ratio.  That is like comparing 2 quantities with different units, say, as in feet against meter.  In fact, if your maker could give you the living room contrast ratio, that is actually more meaningful as that is measured in approximately 150-300 lux of illumination.

Right now, the highest static contrast ratio in the LCD HDTV market is that of Sharp Aquos R series at 3000:1.  I think that has dynamic contrast ratio of up to 10000:1 but in real viewing conditions of 200 lux, it is rated at 1300:1 which should be excellent under such well lit area.

A Sharp model with 1200:1 static contrast ratio will have a living room contrast ratio of 550:1.  I think the 6000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and 1200:1 static contrast ratio LCD panels are nearly the same class, if not the same.  If the P series is equivalent to the D series in Japan, then its static contrast ratio is 1500:1.

Regards
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2007 at 02:29 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #62 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 04:52 PM »
Sir,

Unfortunately, wala pa kami cable.  :o  Using my trusty Baron antenna, mas malinaw yung TV reception nung ABC5 on my Aquos, over my 3-year old LG Flatron 29" CRT.  I was so surprised.  So I'm a very happy owner of the 37BX5M.

If contrast ratio is the sole difference for the 15k, then forget it.  The BX series have more than enough contrast at 1200:1.  Use the 15 for a good upscaling DVD player, and HDMI cable (and use the remaining cash for a lifetime supply of popcorn).  ;D

I'm surprised you found an SM appliance giving you that price.  I just looked at their prices prior to my purchase, and they were 10k more expensive.  Di pa sila flexible.  :(

Offline bowler

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 06:23 PM »
They just lowered their prices last Sunday. I came from SM Megamall and went to the Mall of Asia today. Both branches have 37bx5m at 85k 12 months and 37px5m and 37bx6m at 100k for 12 months also. However, these are without any freebies aside from the wall mount. You can get the table stand for an additional 1999. I am having trouble deciding between a Hitachi 37ld9800ta at 98000 cash, a Toshiba 37wl68e at 95000 cash and the Sharp Aquos. Both the Hitachi and Toshiba can be found in Sights and Sounds in Shangrila. The Hitachi is made in Japan and has a motorized swivel. The Toshiba is made in Indonesia and has 2 tuners and is a 100hz set. Choices...choices....

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 06:38 PM »
They just lowered their prices last Sunday. I came from SM Megamall and went to the Mall of Asia today. Both branches have 37bx5m at 85k 12 months and 37px5m and 37bx6m at 100k for 12 months also. However, these are without any freebies aside from the wall mount. You can get the table stand for an additional 1999. I am having trouble deciding between a Hitachi 37ld9800ta at 98000 cash, a Toshiba 37wl68e at 95000 cash and the Sharp Aquos. Both the Hitachi and Toshiba can be found in Sights and Sounds in Shangrila. The Hitachi is made in Japan and has a motorized swivel. The Toshiba is made in Indonesia and has 2 tuners and is a 100hz set. Choices...choices....

Similarly, I narrowed it down to the Aquos and the Toshiba Regza 68E series.  If you have the cash, Toshiba has the best features (2-tuner split screen, 100Hz).  Similar to Toshiba, the Aquos is also Japan panel, but is assembled in Indonesia.  Hitachi is a full Japan import, and actually has a different type of LCD panel (hard glass).  Unfortunately, Hitachi and Toshiba dropped my list since none would have an extended installment plan (18-24 months).

Try Abenson's Shang.  They agreed to extend the installment to 18 months.  They might give you a better cash price for the Aquos, if that's what you end up deciding on.

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose IƱigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 07:18 PM »
congrats Pao! I passed by SM Appliance at PowerPlant today and did see the Aquos 37bx5m being sold for P84,995 but with out any installment offers... picture looked great... scanned the other LCDs as well and was very surprised to see that most brands have really dropped their prices... the Philips 32" Ambilight is already at 69k and available at 24 months iunstallment... kuha na din kaya ako... the Aquos is really tempting - a 37" at sub 100K!

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #66 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 08:38 PM »
post kayo ng reviews ha. I'm also considering this brand/model.  thanks!

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 09:35 PM »
congrats Pao! I passed by SM Appliance at PowerPlant today and did see the Aquos 37bx5m being sold for P84,995 but with out any installment offers... picture looked great... scanned the other LCDs as well and was very surprised to see that most brands have really dropped their prices... the Philips 32" Ambilight is already at 69k and available at 24 months iunstallment... kuha na din kaya ako... the Aquos is really tempting - a 37" at sub 100K!

Thanks Jeck.  Yes, bumili ka na.  Knowing how much you're earning, dapat 50" + ang bilhin mo!   ;)  Welcome home!  Pasalubong ko?

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #68 on: Apr 01, 2007 at 10:20 PM »
saw ang Aquos kanina sa ATC. nasa 60k sya

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 07:26 AM »
saw ang Aquos kanina sa ATC. nasa 60k sya

Might be a 32"?  If so, an officemate of mine was able to haggle the 32" for only 50k cash at Automatic Center Gateway.  Don't know what negotiating techniques he did though...  ;D

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #70 on: Apr 02, 2007 at 11:10 AM »
yup 32" siya.yung 32" samsung na s71 nasa 50k after haggling with avsurfer. siguro ganun din sa aquos. pero dun sa brochure nila 8k less pag cash.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Apr 09, 2007 at 10:49 AM »
Hi all sharp aquos gurus..

newbie here and i just want to ask do you guys know when will 1080p hit the Philippines? Im really craving for one and im so and uber desperate to order one in newegg.com already. Im eyeing for the 32GP1U Sharp Aquos. Any +/- feedbacks on it?

thanks all.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Apr 09, 2007 at 12:39 PM »
Might be a 32"?  If so, an officemate of mine was able to haggle the 32" for only 50k cash at Automatic Center Gateway.  Don't know what negotiating techniques he did though...  ;D
May i know where's Automatic Center Gateway? hmm... If your officemate got a Aquos for 50k, gawd! I can do that too. Hehe

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Apr 09, 2007 at 05:09 PM »
Not sure Fait.  Basta go to Gateway mall in Cubao.  I'm sure you can ask around where the Automatic Center is.  Yung officemate ko just asked around, and the sales people just gave him that last-minute offer, nung paalis na siya.  He hasn't bought one yet.

As for the 1080p units, I know these are really great, pero I doubt if you can see the difference at 32" sizes.  Maybe for 50" up.

Isa pa, at 32", siguro mga at least 5 feet na ang viewing distance.  My viewing distance is about 10 feet, yet nung unang araw nung 37" ko, para akong nalunod sa laki.  ;D  Pero I'm sure sanayan lang yan.  Kasi ngayon marami na akong "What if 42-inch ang binili ko" moments eh.  ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2007 at 05:11 PM by paolorenzo »

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Apr 09, 2007 at 06:02 PM »
4th floor ng Gateway ang Automatic Center. Katabi ng Foodcourt. ;)

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Apr 09, 2007 at 08:39 PM »
Not sure Fait.  Basta go to Gateway mall in Cubao.  I'm sure you can ask around where the Automatic Center is.  Yung officemate ko just asked around, and the sales people just gave him that last-minute offer, nung paalis na siya.  He hasn't bought one yet.

As for the 1080p units, I know these are really great, pero I doubt if you can see the difference at 32" sizes.  Maybe for 50" up.

Isa pa, at 32", siguro mga at least 5 feet na ang viewing distance.  My viewing distance is about 10 feet, yet nung unang araw nung 37" ko, para akong nalunod sa laki.  ;D  Pero I'm sure sanayan lang yan.  Kasi ngayon marami na akong "What if 42-inch ang binili ko" moments eh.  ;)
Ohhh Gateway Mall in cubao, I know the place. Actually, the reason i am eyeing for a 1080p because Im planning to use the HDTV as my primary monitor, I need the 1920x1080 native resolution of the 1080p against my Samsung S71 1080i, its native reso is 1360x768 only which sucks a bit for a monitor because of it's large icons on desktop mode. I used the 32" Samsung as my monitor too, hehe! and im like a keyboard away from it only, my first two nights with this tv made my eyes bleed..  but you're right, sanayang lang talaga..

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Apr 09, 2007 at 08:40 PM »
4th floor ng Gateway ang Automatic Center. Katabi ng Foodcourt. ;)
Thanks chief! eto ba yung katabi nung Sony? I think I saw this already couple of months ago tho hindi pa ako naghahanap ng tv that time.

Great, mura pala dito. :)

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Apr 09, 2007 at 10:12 PM »
Unfortunately, wala pa kami cable.  :o  Using my trusty Baron antenna, mas malinaw yung TV reception nung ABC5 on my Aquos, over my 3-year old LG Flatron 29" CRT.  I was so surprised.  So I'm a very happy owner of the 37BX5M.

My Aquos is over 2 weeks old already, and I'm (still) very happy with it.

My warning lang for potential buyers, who plan to do a lot of TV viewing (and TV surfing).  Changing channels is painfully slow.  Though the unit has a 6ms response time, do not mistake this as a quick unit for channel surfing.  The tuner has a terrible lag time, and it takes about 3 seconds to change channels.  So forget the CH+/-, and better enter the channel numbers directly.

I'm just curious how other LCD panels perform with changing channels.  For me it's a minor irritant, at least for now, while I still don't have cable subscription.  I rarely watch local TV anyway.

I just can't wait to get a good deal on an upconverting DVD player (HD841 or Pio 696)...

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Apr 09, 2007 at 10:52 PM »
Same with my Samsung S71, changing channel is really slow compared to a CRT tv, but 3 secs is hell irritant, mine takes around 1 sec unlike the CRT tv's you can jump 5 channels right away.. hehe.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Apr 10, 2007 at 09:07 AM »

For 32V full HD panel Sharp, you can see the difference in resolution if you watch as close as 1.2m or less than 4ft.  A lot of Japanese, especially the young ones, actually have that constraint in their dwellings.

One selling point of full HD panels is shorter minimum viewing distance.

Offline tediber

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Apr 10, 2007 at 09:39 PM »
ganun talga halos lahat ng panels mabagal ang tuner ..... cheap ass tuners to save money e ...... mabuti pa yung TV tuner ko sa windows xp hehehe ang bilissssssss

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Apr 10, 2007 at 10:49 PM »
ganun talga halos lahat ng panels mabagal ang tuner ..... cheap ass tuners to save money e ...... mabuti pa yung TV tuner ko sa windows xp hehehe ang bilissssssss

uy very alarming yan ah...mga lcd owners baka pede kayo gumamit ng tv tuner external...tapos attach nyo sa lcd...baka for sure bumilis...hehehe pa update na lang kung ok.

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Apr 18, 2007 at 02:54 PM »
up ko lang  para sa dagdag reviews ni sir paolorenzo...interested din ako sa 37bx5m...btw double tuner ba ito?

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Apr 18, 2007 at 09:50 PM »
up ko lang  para sa dagdag reviews ni sir paolorenzo...interested din ako sa 37bx5m...btw double tuner ba ito?

No, single tuner lang.

My warning lang for potential buyers, who plan to do a lot of TV viewing (and TV surfing).  Changing channels is painfully slow.  Though the unit has a 6ms response time, do not mistake this as a quick unit for channel surfing.  The tuner has a terrible lag time, and it takes about 3 seconds to change channels.  So forget the CH+/-, and better enter the channel numbers directly.

Over naman yata yung unang estimates ko.  Lag time for changing channels is about 1.5-2 seconds lang naman.  But still considerably long.

I've been enjoying the Aquos more, ever since I bought a Pioneer DV-696AV to pair up with it.  Upscaling to 1080i thru HDMI definitely improved PQ, and this setting seems to be the best fit.

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Apr 19, 2007 at 12:22 AM »
Got the Sharp Aquos 37BX5M last nyt at western mega...actually 0% interest for 12mnts sya (84955.00)...pero nakuha ko sya for 18mnths, atleast medyo bumaba pa rin at 0%...well, same with pao, for me na meet naman ng sharp yung gusto ko...hoping for more improvement in a future.

eijneb

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Apr 19, 2007 at 01:48 AM »
Got the Sharp Aquos 37BX5M last nyt at western mega...actually 0% interest for 12mnts sya (84955.00)...pero nakuha ko sya for 18mnths, atleast medyo bumaba pa rin at 0%...well, same with pao, for me na meet naman ng sharp yung gusto ko...hoping for more improvement in a future.

eijneb

Is that the latest model available in Western Megamall? Did you bother asking how much is it if you'll pay for cash?

Thanks!

P.S. - Gratz btw on your new HDTV toy :)

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Apr 19, 2007 at 01:53 AM »
Is that the latest model available in Western Megamall? Did you bother asking how much is it if you'll pay for cash?

Thanks!

P.S. - Gratz btw on your new HDTV toy :)

thanks sir fait, 75t if you pay cash, great buy nga sana lalo kaya lang pang installment lang talaga ako  ;D btw LC-37bx5m is only capable in 720p/1080i hindi pa yung fullHD panel kya for sure hindi pa ito yung latest model.

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Apr 19, 2007 at 09:25 AM »

eijneb

Congratulations sir!  You actually got a better deal from them kasi you were able to have the entire amount on 18mos (and they offered 75k cash).  Enjoy your new toy!

Is that the latest model available in Western Megamall?

Actually, the BX6M series is supposed to be newer, but I didn't see any real improvements over the 5M series.  They also have the higher-end models from Aquos.  For me, best bang-for-the-buck lang talaga yung BX5M.  I think they're agressively giving discounts because this is a discontinued model, and they're just wiping out their remaining stock.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Apr 19, 2007 at 04:00 PM »
@paolorenzo/eijneb:

Thanks! :D Kaya pa siguro ng 70k yan if you're a good haggler. :)

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Apr 20, 2007 at 11:30 PM »
@paolorenzo:

Are the BX6M available here already? And how much did they price it on 37" and 32"?

« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2007 at 04:18 PM by Fait »