Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 394903 times)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #390 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 08:07 AM »
Yes they need two Government issued IDs. :)

The registration is basically simple & painless...give it a try. You'll love JAC! ;D

Offline RadicalDude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #391 on: Nov 03, 2007 at 05:03 PM »
My very first package addressed to JAC NY was shipped by Amazon on Nov. 2, Phils. time. Let's see how long will it take to reach their Megamall branch.  :D
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #392 on: Nov 03, 2007 at 05:10 PM »
My Blu-ray DVDs from Amazon delivered to JAC NY arrived here in Davao in just under 1 week.  Aside from saving $5.00 (compared direct AMAZON to DAVAO), I received my package in just one week.  Since the DVDs were from the Buy 1 Take 1 promo, my savings all in all was almost $54.00 for the 4 BLU-RAY discs..  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: Nov 04, 2007 at 04:41 PM »
Under a week - not bad oreoshake - grats on your new deliveries.  ;D
Radical dude - keep us posted on the pending delivery leadtime to Manila.
These testimonials would surely build more consumer confidence in JAC.
Thanks!  ;)

PS: I read at the earlier parts of this thread that there will be special partnership/arrangement with PD and JAC - any news on that? Tnx

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Nov 04, 2007 at 06:42 PM »
PS: I read at the earlier parts of this thread that there will be special partnership/arrangement with PD and JAC - any news on that? Tnx

Special arrangement?  I know that PDVD members have a special discount with JAC and I was given that discount with my recent dealings with JAC.
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline radiohead

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #395 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 02:41 PM »
i got my first package from johnny air today. i could attest to their fast service and turnaround time. i ordered a couple of lp records online, and these were delivered to the JAC new york office on nov 2. i got a text message from the JAC staff yesterday informing me that my package was ready for pick up. so 7 days all in all. excellent service. one negative thing lang is that the store from which i ordered packed the records in a very big box, filled with styro inside. so that resulted into extra weight, which made the package a bit more expensive than what i was expecting. but of course that wasn't JAC's fault. overall i was very happy with my initial transaction with johnny air, and i would definitely use their services again. 5 stars for JAC!

Offline Cosmo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 02:54 PM »
i got my first package from johnny air today. i could attest to their fast service and turnaround time. i ordered a couple of lp records online, and these were delivered to the JAC new york office on nov 2. i got a text message from the JAC staff yesterday informing me that my package was ready for pick up. so 7 days all in all. excellent service. one negative thing lang is that the store from which i ordered packed the records in a very big box, filled with styro inside. so that resulted into extra weight, which made the package a bit more expensive than what i was expecting. but of course that wasn't JAC's fault. overall i was very happy with my initial transaction with johnny air, and i would definitely use their services again. 5 stars for JAC!

the reason they do that is to prevent items being mishandled (breakage) by the courier, mas mura nga naman instead of replacing the items, in case masira yung product. I remembered the first time i bought a sub from 6 ave., naka original box na, nilagay pa ulit nila sa isang box filled with styro. every retailer does that.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
Under a week - not bad oreoshake - grats on your new deliveries.  ;D
Radical dude - keep us posted on the pending delivery leadtime to Manila.
These testimonials would surely build more consumer confidence in JAC.
Thanks!  ;)

Actually, I inquired from JAC two days ago if my package was already with them. Unfortunately, there's none yet. The reason, as he said, is that JAC NY has Saturday (US time) cut-off for shipping to Philippines. Since my Amazon package was received by JAC NY last Saturday also, it probably did not make it with the cut-off time. JAC advised me that'll it be included on the next batch and that he already sent e-mail to their NY office.

Anyway, it's still fine with me. I guess it's much better than waiting for a Post Office pick-up notice that usually come very late. JAC Megamall is just walking distance from my office.  ;)

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 03:55 PM »
the reason they do that is to prevent items being mishandled (breakage) by the courier, mas mura nga naman instead of replacing the items, in case masira yung product. I remembered the first time i bought a sub from 6 ave., naka original box na, nilagay pa ulit nila sa isang box filled with styro. every retailer does that.

How much additional weight was added to the original box?  I plan to order an AVR from Amazon end of Nov during the Black Friday event if indeed there is a significant discount for the said item.  The AVR I think will be sold by Crutchfield via Amazon. 

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 01:47 PM »
Actually, I inquired from JAC two days ago if my package was already with them. Unfortunately, there's none yet. The reason, as he said, is that JAC NY has Saturday (US time) cut-off for shipping to Philippines. Since my Amazon package was received by JAC NY last Saturday also, it probably did not make it with the cut-off time. JAC advised me that'll it be included on the next batch and that he already sent e-mail to their NY office.

Anyway, it's still fine with me. I guess it's much better than waiting for a Post Office pick-up notice that usually come very late. JAC Megamall is just walking distance from my office.  ;)

Just picked up this lunch time from Megamall my first Amazon package coursed thru JAC. All I can say is, the service is rewarding. I also believe it's much cheaper than to use Amazon's standard international shipping method right now. Anyway, for the benefit of those who want to try JAC, I'll state my first order as an example:

- The item I ordered is Spider-man - The High Definition Trilogy
- I was hopefully expecting that the item plus the shipment box will be under 1 lbs. Well, it's not. It was stated on the JAC statement of account registering 2 lbs. JAC Megamall's personnel is kind enough to weigh the package in front of me and voila! It's 1.05 lbs. Ok! ok! I'm not sourgraping or something, but they charge $5.5/lbs, so had I speculated it more accurately, I should have added 1 more disc to maximize the rate against the weight.  ;D
- At the time my package reached JAC here in Manila, the current exchange rate they applied is P43.40 per $1. Not bad!!!
- The total amount I paid JAC is P694.40. Breakdown? Weight (2lbs) x Rate ($5.50) plus $5.00 handling fee, then multiplied with current exchange rate of P43.40. So, it's $16 to be exact. As for the discount applied, I'm not sure if I had to post it here, but they excluded one charge from the list of charges.
- Oh, not to forget, I used Amazon's Super Saver Shipping method, so it's $0 shipment charge. And Amazon had made a refund of $4 for this item because it was under the pre-order price guarantee.

Had I opted not to use JAC and coursed my shipment thru Amazon's standard international shipping,
- then I should have only been charged $8.98 for it.

BUT the catch or risk is... if Amazon had used IMEX instead of DHL Global Mail, definitely, I'll be slapped by our local PO of certain, "unfriendly" custom duties for shipment that is above $50! Not to mention the 3-5 weeks of waiting of the PO notice to arrive.

I could have saved more if it will be a sure ball Royale Logistics door-to-door delivery at my Ortigas Center office, but, hey! I don't want to take the risk anymore!

So, from now on, it will be JAC for all my succeeding Amazon orders. I may have received the item within two weeks time, but it was well-explained why!  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2007 at 07:37 PM by RadicalDude »

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #400 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 03:18 PM »
Do you have an office in Cal? in san diego to be exact?  :)
Do you also ship stuff not bought online? :)
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2007 at 03:36 PM by dmaximus »

Offline Cosmo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Nov 15, 2007 at 03:48 PM »
Do you have an office in Cal? in san diego to be exact?  :)
Do you also ship stuff not bought online? :)

Theres also a branch of johnny air in los angeles. They ship everything  , I just don't know if their policy is the same as the one they have in NY, try to contact them first before shipping any items

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Nov 15, 2007 at 04:03 PM »
I just completed my first transaction with JAC - a 119" projector screen.

Initially, I was worried if they could handle such a bulky item. There was no problem. They received the item in their NY branch on a Wednesday and by the following Wednesday, it was in their Makati office.

They charged me only their usual rate of $5.50 per pound for Pinoydvd members + $5 handling fee, which is $1 cheaper than their normal rate.

Kudos to JAC! Excellent service!  :)
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #403 on: Nov 15, 2007 at 04:29 PM »
Theres also a branch of johnny air in los angeles. They ship everything  , I just don't know if their policy is the same as the one they have in NY, try to contact them first before shipping any items

Thanks cosmo. I can't wait to have my hands on to my HD player. :D

Offline bobblehead

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Nov 16, 2007 at 11:02 AM »
If I signup with their branch at Megamall, does this mean that I will always pickup my shipments from Megamall or can I pick it up from their Makati head office?

Offline Cosmo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: Nov 16, 2007 at 03:28 PM »
If I signup with their branch at Megamall, does this mean that I will always pickup my shipments from Megamall or can I pick it up from their Makati head office?

i'm pretty sure you can ask them where you want them to ship it. Syempre dun ka kung saan convenient para sa yo.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #406 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 06:36 PM »
I just completed my first transaction with JAC - a 119" projector screen.

Initially, I was worried if they could handle such a bulky item. There was no problem. They received the item in their NY branch on a Wednesday and by the following Wednesday, it was in their Makati office.

They charged me only their usual rate of $5.50 per pound for Pinoydvd members + $5 handling fee, which is $1 cheaper than their normal rate.

Kudos to JAC! Excellent service!  :)

if you dont mind, how much all in all did you pay JAC to ship that screen?
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 10:23 PM »
if you dont mind, how much all in all did you pay JAC to ship that screen?

It was 55 pounds. You can figure out the price from the unit cost that JAC charges.

Offline rexdc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 11:17 PM »
Got my Blu-Rays (Amazon) from JAC in about a weeks time after it arrived from their NY office... Great Service! :)

Offline phobia

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:44 AM »
how will JAC know where to deliver the item in the Philippines if the item is forwarded to their overseas addresses? How will they know if the right person is picking up the item?
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2007 at 11:46 AM by phobia »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 03:48 PM »
how will JAC know where to deliver the item in the Philippines if the item is forwarded to their overseas addresses? How will they know if the right person is picking up the item?

You have to register with them and specify your shipping address in the Philippines.

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 01:19 AM »
It was 55 pounds. You can figure out the price from the unit cost that JAC charges.

OMG!  that would be a lot! nag-DVD shopping nga rin ako online this past few months at di ko napag-isipan ang laki ng magiging shipping charges sa 'kin. ayun, tipid-tipid muna ko sa ngayon uli.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline ryuzaki_L

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 03:54 PM »
Hey guys I just had a horrible experience regarding the shipment I received from Amazon. Customs made me  pay practically more than 70% than what I originally paid for in my order plus my shipments got split in two. Btw, I tried to take advantage of the BOGO promo for HD DVDs but now that I added up the costs, it practically amounts to me spending the same amount on the HD DVDS without the promo. So I saved nothing... :(

So I'm thinking about switching to JAC for shipping. Question is, how do I start? Do I just go to one of their branches and register there or should I e-mail first aura first. Also, does anyone know where the nearest JAC branch is in Cavite? Thanks.
Format Neutral
Blu-Ray: 4
HD DVD: 16
PS3 & 360 add-on

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #413 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 04:41 PM »
Hey guys I just had a horrible experience regarding the shipment I received from Amazon. Customs made me  pay practically more than 70% than what I originally paid for in my order plus my shipments got split in two. Btw, I tried to take advantage of the BOGO promo for HD DVDs but now that I added up the costs, it practically amounts to me spending the same amount on the HD DVDS without the promo. So I saved nothing... :(

So I'm thinking about switching to JAC for shipping. Question is, how do I start? Do I just go to one of their branches and register there or should I e-mail first aura first. Also, does anyone know where the nearest JAC branch is in Cavite? Thanks.

you can try calling JAC for details on how to avail of pinoydvd.com discount. I think nearest branch from your place is Paranaque or Makati.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:53 AM »
you can try calling JAC for details on how to avail of pinoydvd.com discount. I think nearest branch from your place is Paranaque or Makati.

Check out http://www.johnnyair.com/location.htm

Offline sirhcuss_v2

• Apprentice
  • Gamer since 5 years old!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Dec 18, 2007 at 12:40 PM »
hi newbie sa JAC, kakasign up ko lang kahapon and im excited to order BD. ilang lbs kaya pag 6 Bluray titles all w/ 1 disc. para at least ma maximize ko ung babayaran ko sa JAC. wala kase weighing scale dito na accurate. TIA. :)

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Dec 18, 2007 at 12:46 PM »
hi newbie sa JAC, kakasign up ko lang kahapon and im excited to order BD. ilang lbs kaya pag 6 Bluray titles all w/ 1 disc. para at least ma maximize ko ung babayaran ko sa JAC. wala kase weighing scale dito na accurate. TIA. :)

less than 2 lbs yan cris.. ung 8 BD na order ko, considered 2 lbs..

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: Dec 18, 2007 at 03:56 PM »
OMG!  that would be a lot! nag-DVD shopping nga rin ako online this past few months at di ko napag-isipan ang laki ng magiging shipping charges sa 'kin. ayun, tipid-tipid muna ko sa ngayon uli.

It was a lot but total cost was still half of the quote I got from a local retailer.

Offline sirhcuss_v2

• Apprentice
  • Gamer since 5 years old!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Dec 18, 2007 at 10:46 PM »
less than 2 lbs yan cris.. ung 8 BD na order ko, considered 2 lbs..

ok thanks. the problem now is after placing an order, when i checked my amazon account may note na nahirapan daw sila sa credit card ng mom and sis ko, both HSBC visa. bad trip dahil nung nirevise ko, nawala na ung free 3 HDDVDs ko when u buy an HDDVD.!!!! grrr!!! sorry OT. :)

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 01:04 AM »

Hi bro, do they indeed have a Paranaque office?  Wasn't listed in their website... Can you post the add. TIA