Author Topic: Toshiba RPTV  (Read 22349 times)

Offline technogeek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • You're so hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Toshiba RPTV
« Reply #90 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 09:16 PM »
bought the 43" TOSHIBA rptv...

3 months pa lang sira na...
toshiba & their service center are giving me the run around...
pag dipa nila ginawa or pinalitan yung mainboard or unit...
diko babayaran yung citibank ko...tutal 12 months to pay yun...hehehe...
new year's resolution is NEVER to buy any TOSHIBA product...
hindi ayowsss...
 >:(

Your post should be interesting to many people.
Obviously your unit is a lemon, unless of course there were other factors involved in that unfortunate occurence.
Toshiba has led in RPTV's for a good number of years that is why I bought mine three years back. It still performs as well as first turned it on.
Continue fighting for your rights. I am sure the warranty is more than 3 months.
There is a columnist in the papers who help consumers fight for rights especially victims of unscrupulous sellers. (It escapes my mind right at the moment)
Also, share the name of the store who refuses to help you make claims. At least others will avoid that store.

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Dec 31, 2005 at 03:42 PM »
this bothered me, just bought a 43" RPTV yesterday sa abenson, hinde pa na dedeliver sa end of january pa dahil hinde pa tapos yun new house namin, kung ganyan kabulok parang mali pala yun pagbili kol ng toshiba, can u pls tell us kung saan mo nabili? diba meron naman 1 yr warranty at least that's what the employee of abenson told me

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #92 on: Dec 31, 2005 at 03:45 PM »
Your post should be interesting to many people.
Obviously your unit is a lemon, unless of course there were other factors involved in that unfortunate occurence.
Toshiba has led in RPTV's for a good number of years that is why I bought mine three years back. It still performs as well as first turned it on.
Continue fighting for your rights. I am sure the warranty is more than 3 months.
There is a columnist in the papers who help consumers fight for rights especially victims of unscrupulous sellers. (It escapes my mind right at the moment)
Also, share the name of the store who refuses to help you make claims. At least others will avoid that store.

I think she is a columnist with Philippine Daily Inquirer...

Offline espi

• Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jan 08, 2006 at 08:38 AM »
sir gonefishing,

what model ng toshiba rptv na pinurchase mo? im planning to get the 43jh7uc model. sa abenson ko din sana kukunin. nung nagpa demo ako sa automatic. sabi nya dati sya work sa abenson, mga display units daw ang dinedeliver nila without the customer knowing it.

is this true? if so,kakatakot naman bumili ng tv ngayon.and di naman cheap yung mga tvs na binibili natin...

Ye Boy! :p

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jan 09, 2006 at 09:09 PM »
sir gonefishing,

what model ng toshiba rptv na pinurchase mo? im planning to get the 43jh7uc model. sa abenson ko din sana kukunin. nung nagpa demo ako sa automatic. sabi nya dati sya work sa abenson, mga display units daw ang dinedeliver nila without the customer knowing it.

is this true? if so,kakatakot naman bumili ng tv ngayon.and di naman cheap yung mga tvs na binibili natin...

yan nga yun binili ko, regarding sa issue ng display unit we will never know the truth naman dahil siyempre although sister co yan 2 yan siyempre yun mga salesman nagsisiraan para sqa aknila bumili, come to think of it any ideas, tips kung paano malalaman kung display unit yun ibibigay sa atin?

Offline espi

• Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Jan 10, 2006 at 12:31 AM »
sabi nung salesman na piangtanungan ko, malalaman naman daw yun kapag yung amoy ng unit e parang burnt out na bulb.sumtin like dat.

e wala naman akong pang amoy na kasing talas ng aso! hahaha!

talaga? ganito tv mo? i just bought one too last sunday. sa thursday pa dedeliver e.

how's the performance? any comments?

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jan 11, 2006 at 07:38 PM »
last week pa ng january ko pa ipapdeliver dahiul hinde pa tapos house namin....kumuha ka rin nun package nilang home theater? plus 4k lang kumuha ako eh

Offline espi

• Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jan 11, 2006 at 11:40 PM »
4k lang ba add mo? kasi pag 43" binili mo 8k dagdag. pag 50" yun 4k na lang.

di ko kinuha, kasi 8k din yun, e di ko pa naman subok ang toshiba sa htib. and meron na ako ht e Ü tv lang wala.

yung saking bukas na dadating Ü

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 09:14 PM »
yup 8k dapat pero na work out ko na ibigay na lang ng 4k, pol, review naman dyan pag ka deliver saiyo, actually yun 50" talaga ang gusto ko kaso 10k rin ang difference... eh hinde mo naman mapapansin yun difference ng size nila pag naa bahay na unless side by side, so opted instead for the smallr one

Offline espi

• Collector
  • Waddup?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Jan 13, 2006 at 08:48 AM »
bro,

how did u manage to work it down to 4k? and sang appliance center?

di ko ma mabigyan ng review kasi kakadeliver lang. may pupunta pang technician today to setup the tv. hehehe Ü

i'll let you know agad.

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 08:25 PM »
bro pol, reviews and update naman sa unit mo

Offline Rivalz

• Collector
  • Music is life!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jun 28, 2006 at 10:29 PM »
Pasensya na medyo mahaba,

Share ko lang experience ko sa Toshiba 53" RPTV (Cinema Series).  So far since I got it no problems talaga and up to now am still amazed by the picture when I put in new DVD's to watch.  We have a new Phillips 43" na HDTV, got it last December and still in comparison using the same DVD player (Pioneer) and connections the brillance and clarity is still with the Tosh.  I was expecting a better picture with the newer Phillips.  Maybe if I connect a DVD player and DVD movie that can take advantage of the HD feature it would be a different story.

Have had the TV cleaned three times already with people from Listening room and each time yung brillance niya bumabalik but I have to warn you and sorry sa mga may connect sa listening room, yung naglilinis e hindi pala thorough. The screen which has three layers was not cleaned per layer.  Only the last screen and yung side facing the mirror and guns lang ang linilinis.  Of course cleaned na rin yung guns and mirror but he should have cleaned the other layers and both of their sides.  I asked him about it and hindi daw kailangan linisin yun kasi sealed.  E hindi naman siya totally sealed it is locked by the frame only.  Air can still pass through the thin layers right?

The last time it was opened by him I asked him to leave it and that I will install the screen.  I took it upon myself to clean the layers with a damp soft cloth and to my surprise I was able to pick up a lot of dust from all sides of the inner panels.  I put it all back together and intalled it on the TV and the picture improved dramaticaly!  Sa sobrang liwanag I had to lower the brightness five noches.

Maybe tinatamad lang siya but when you do have your units cleaned do clean the inner layers it will do wonders.  Next time I will just clean it myself I don't think the ammonia based foam he sprays is a big deal.  Just a damp soft cloth and a lot of care will do the job fine as did the inner layers I cleaned.  I'll save money pa pambili na lang ng DVD :)

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
"God brings men to deep waters not to drown but to cleanse them"

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 09:31 AM »
saw this 52" RPTV on sale sa avsurfer. model is 52JM9UE. priced at P139,000... pwede daw siya less 40k pag cash, which would make it P99k na lang. advantage niya with other rptv's lately eh me hdmi input na ito. we tested it using component though and so far mukhang ok naman ang picture. di nga lang ganun kaganda ang viewing angle compared sa mga flat panels. my question is, practical pa ba bumili ng rptv ngayon as compared sa flat panel or pj? as it is kasi, sa flat panel naman... for the 99k price eh a mga flagship 32" or entry level 42" lang makukuha mo, as compared to this 52". also, mukhang mas acceptable ang black performance niya compared sa mga lcd's. not as bright nga lang siguro. kung pj naman, not as versatile kasi wala pa tuner and you sort of have to set it up everytime.

Product Description
Screen Size (Inches): 52.
Digital Micro Mirror: HD2+ (0.8") with Dark Video Enhancement.
Aspect Ratio: 16 : 9.
Resolution: 1280 x 720.
Viewing Angle: 160 Degrees.
Stereo: NICAM B.G, D/K, I, German Stereo B/G, D/K, SRS WOW Surround.
On-Screen Display: English, Mandarin, Malay, Vietnam, Thai, Russian, Arabic.
Antenna Input: PAL B/G, D/K, SECAM B/G, D/K, L, NTSC B/G 4.43.
Colour System: PAL/ SECAM/ NTSC.
Video Signal: 480i/ 480p (60Hz), 576i/ 576p (50Hz), 720p (50/ 60Hz), 1080i (50/ 60Hz).
RGB Signal: VGA (680 x 480/ 60Hz), SVGA (800 x 600/ 60Hz), XGA (1024 x 768/ 60Hz).
Digital Hyper: Yes.
High Definition Compatible: Yes.
Comb Filter: 3 Line (PAL), 3D-Y/C (NTSC).
Sound System: SRS WOW Surround.
Speakers: Main (10 x 10cm) x 2 + Tweeter (4 x 4cm) x 2.
Audio Output: 20W x 2.
EXT 1 Terminal: Input : S - Video + Composite Video + RCA Audio.
EXT 2 Terminal: Input : S - Video + Composite Video + RCA Audio.
EXT 3 Terminal: Input : S - Video + Composite Video + RCA Audio.
EXT 4 Terminal: Input : Component Video + RCA Audio.
EXT 5 Terminal: Input : Component Video + RCA Audio.
EXT 6 Terminal: Input : HDMI**.
EXT 7 Terminal: Bridge Media (SD/ SmartMedia / Memory Stick).
EXT 8 Terminal: D - Sub 15 - pin + 3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack Audio.
RF Input Terminal: Antenna 75 ohm.
Audio Output Terminal: RCA (Fixed/Variable).
Woofer Out Terminal: RCA (Variable).
Headphone Terminal: 3.5mm Mini Jack.
Power Supply: AC 220-240V 50Hz.
Power Consumption: 195W.
Dimensions (WxHxD) mm: 1482 x 897.5 x 387.
Weight (kg): 40.4.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2007 at 09:36 AM by gearhead »
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av