Author Topic: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...  (Read 245871 times)

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
Re: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #480 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 10:04 PM »

Nice bro... set na set ka na... Sleepless nights yan.. pero ilang tulog na lang and youre in Stereo Heaven... Gawa ka na nang Gallery mo pag dumating para documented... 10 years from now pwede mo balikan kung san nagsimula ang lahat he he he PSB + NAD ROCKS BIGTIME....
I concur, PSB really shines with the NAD got chance to audition the NAD + PSB B6 last week in Festival Hi-Fi Lounge and they sound great for me..compare ko rin sya sa B&W 685 with NAD the PSB B6 sounds better with the NAD but still YMMV.  ;)

oh btw the Omega + NAD amp is a killer IMO, its incomparable daw sabi ng staff ng Hi-Fi Lounge since malaki difference nila sa size ng driver.. :)

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #481 on: Dec 02, 2012 at 03:30 PM »

Oo nga brader derrick bibili na ako next week hopefully by monday,  Problema ko nalang is kung anong speaker wire at speaker stand ang bibilhin ko and i'm ready to go.  May pics ka ba ng sabre metal stand at nasa magkano kaya ang presyo niyan?

Thanks atty.  Rega at cal's speaker wires lang at the moment ang may access ako to purchase online.
asa first page ng purmans gallery ko hehe...medyo mabigat lang un
kung hindi kaya meron dun na kahoy kela rex same nung bibilhin ko dapat kay brader jason(courage)
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #482 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 10:09 AM »

Ah yun pala tawag dun sir. I guess thats what happens when the market let consumers cherry pick their amps,source and speakers. I actually listened to a podcast interview of mr. paul barton himself saying that its very silly that we pick our own components based on our tastes.

may nakita din ako dati sa youtube isang big time producer na pinakingan yung vinyl version of his work. his reaction was leaning towards being dismayed and said that was not the way he meant it to be heard. i wish i could remember his name or even the link. it was an audio expo in the US much like what we had here in Dusit.

I don't see this practice as wrong -- it's like judging something by flavor or visual appeal. In such a case, the purchase was not based on the quality of the sonic reproduction but based on the palatability of the rendition. It's often what people do to build an enjoyable "music system." However, I belong to the group that do not consider wildly colored systems as "high fidelity."

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #483 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 10:22 AM »
I don't see this practice as wrong -- it's like judging something by flavor or visual appeal. In such a case, the purchase was not based on the quality of the sonic reproduction but based on the palatability of the rendition. It's often what people do to build an enjoyable "music system." However, I belong to the group that do not consider wildly colored systems as "high fidelity."

Hmm, Ivan, I may be flattening my round earth a bit more as I've recently replaced the Rega Apollo (which you heard before but with the Denon-Emotiva only) and partnered the Nad M3 and PSB Imagine T2 with a Cayin CD player!  ;D ;D

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #484 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 10:50 AM »
Alright, I guess one thing's for sure. Mr. Barton is a round-earther. Just hearing him talk all about psycho-acoustics and his design philosophies makes me interested in his powered speakers. Check out the new PSB Alpha PS1.

http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/alpha/Alpha-PS1-Powered-Speaker

When I started this hobby almost more than a year ago my personal goal was to hear what the artists wanted me to hear. Its a good thing I am introduced these 2 camps, at least I know what to look out for.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #485 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 11:07 AM »
Alright, I guess one thing's for sure. Mr. Barton is a round-earther. Just hearing him talk all about psycho-acoustics and his design philosophies makes me interested in his powered speakers. Check out the new PSB Alpha PS1.

http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/alpha/Alpha-PS1-Powered-Speaker

When I started this hobby almost more than a year ago my personal goal was to hear what the artists wanted me to hear. Its a good thing I am introduced these 2 camps, at least I know what to look out for.

Those PS1s are interesting. Looks like it's as small as the image b4 but has the finish of an imagine mini. Anong amp pala sir ang binabalak niyo ipalit dun sa rotel?
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2012 at 11:07 AM by sientobente »

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #486 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 11:18 AM »
Those PS1s are interesting. Looks like it's as small as the image b4 but has the finish of an imagine mini. Anong amp pala sir ang binabalak niyo ipalit dun sa rotel?

I agree. If I need PC speakers this would be on my shortlist. Magkano kaya and will the local distro bring it in?

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #487 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 11:36 AM »

Sa totoo lang di ko pa alam. Naghahanap ako ng Musical Fidelity A308 na used, although I might have a go sa A300 in the market right now pag nangati talaga at kinulang sa budget. :D Thinking of getting a NAD din sana lang may lumitaw ulit na Masters series sa MP na used para tipid.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #488 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 12:17 PM »
Hmm, Ivan, I may be flattening my round earth a bit more as I've recently replaced the Rega Apollo (which you heard before but with the Denon-Emotiva only) and partnered the Nad M3 and PSB Imagine T2 with a Cayin CD player!  ;D ;D

Nice. Congrats Arn! I'm sure it's a great listen. What did you notice with the change? :)

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #489 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 12:48 PM »
Nice. Congrats Arn! I'm sure it's a great listen. What did you notice with the change? :)

Yes it is, Ivan. More detailed, considering the Apollo to me sounded detailed already. Overall more involving and musical with the Cayin CD17. Especially the strings, and the piano sounded more realistic, voices sounded more palpable and present, highs sparkling. Bass though with the Apollo seemed a bit tighter.

Actually what spurred the change is when I changed the Rotel 971 CDP in the living room to Cayin Cd50 to match the Primaluna Prologue 2 and SF pre-Home Concertinos. Strangely, I noticed that, while the  NAD-PSB-Rega Apollo (and DAC) in the HT room definitely sounded better, I found myself wanting to listen more to the setup in the sala. So I home auditioned the higher end Cayin CDP and liked what I heard.

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2012 at 12:50 PM by gaol »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #490 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 01:14 PM »

It looks like it's competing with the Focal XS Book and the B&W MM-1. :)

Yes it is, Ivan. More detailed, considering the Apollo to me sounded detailed already. Overall more involving and musical with the Cayin CD17. Especially the strings, and the piano sounded more realistic, voices sounded more palpable and present, highs sparkling. Bass though with the Apollo seemed a bit tighter.

Actually what spurred the change is when I changed the Rotel 971 CDP in the living room to Cayin Cd50 to match the Primaluna Prologue 2 and SF pre-Home Concertinos. Strangely, I noticed that, while the  NAD-PSB-Rega Apollo (and DAC) in the HT room definitely sounded better, I found myself wanting to listen more to the setup in the sala. So I home auditioned the higher end Cayin CDP and liked what I heard.

Awesome! I'm glad that you found a good pairing for your T2s. :) I hope you give us a chance to hear those next time. :)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #491 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 01:16 PM »
Sa totoo lang di ko pa alam. Naghahanap ako ng Musical Fidelity A308 na used, although I might have a go sa A300 in the market right now pag nangati talaga at kinulang sa budget. :D Thinking of getting a NAD din sana lang may lumitaw ulit na Masters series sa MP na used para tipid.

Pareho pala tayo ng inaabangan sa MP... Master Series  he he he
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #492 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 02:27 PM »
I agree. If I need PC speakers this would be on my shortlist. Magkano kaya and will the local distro bring it in?

master arn, seeing that the local distro-- hifi plus prices their psb products very well i can imagine it will go around the 10-12k range. ganda pala ng plano niyo on your audio setup, pwede sumama kay master ivanpedia when he visits your killer ht and audio?  ;D

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #493 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 03:15 PM »
master arn, seeing that the local distro-- hifi plus prices their psb products very well i can imagine it will go around the 10-12k range. ganda pala ng plano niyo on your audio setup, pwede sumama kay master ivanpedia when he visits your killer ht and audio?  ;D

Aba sama din ako dyan.... Matagal ko ng gusto madinig killer HT and Audio setup ni master Arn eh.. Specially the M3 and T2 combo..
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #494 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 02:07 AM »
Aba sama din ako dyan.... Matagal ko ng gusto madinig killer HT and Audio setup ni master Arn eh.. Specially the M3 and T2 combo..
Mahirap na magkasama tayo, iba maoaudition natin ng di oras, baka mapunta tayo sa cubao area ;) tsaka may phono stage na ba yung M3 para sa iyong vinyl collection? O0

I just read the stereophile's review of the m3. Its power is impressive, it was reported that it can easily power those massive wilson audio maxx2 towers.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012 at 02:08 AM by sientobente »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #495 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 02:34 AM »
Mahirap na magkasama tayo, iba maoaudition natin ng di oras, baka mapunta tayo sa cubao area ;) tsaka may phono stage na ba yung M3 para sa iyong vinyl collection? O0

I just read the stereophile's review of the m3. Its power is impressive, it was reported that it can easily power those massive wilson audio maxx2 towers.

Yup bro... maganda talaga yung M3.. Dual Mono configuration ... panalo talaga.... Sana may magpakawala ulit dito sa MP... Kaso sa mga sinasabi nating ito walang magpapakawala nyan...

Dapat ganito

PANGIT ANG NAD M3... Kaya kung ako sa inyo.. Benta nyo na yan hi hi hi
Walang Setup

Offline armymanhaha

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 03:25 AM »
Yup pangit yung m3. benta nyo na yan sakin muna haha. :)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #497 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 03:30 AM »

Andami palang mahilig sa pangit dito. :P
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012 at 03:31 AM by Stagea »

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #498 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 10:11 AM »

Awesome! I'm glad that you found a good pairing for your T2s. :) I hope you give us a chance to hear those next time. :)

ganda pala ng plano niyo on your audio setup, pwede sumama kay master ivanpedia when he visits your killer ht and audio?  ;D

Sure, bros, schedule lang natin. Medyo toxic this season pero baka maisingit one weekend, if not after the holidays!  :)

Matagal ko ring plano mapakinggan yung analytical setup mo, Ivan. Curious ako how the Imagines can sound on a setup that leaning towards cool instead of warm.  ;D

master arn, seeing that the local distro-- hifi plus prices their psb products very well i can imagine it will go around the 10-12k range.

Oo nga, local PSB prices prices are actually very attractive. Ok na ok ang PS1 at that range, compared with the Focals especially.

Wala pa atang phono stage, pero okay lang, ayoko ma-tempt mag vinyl! hehe

Actually malapit lapit lang ang Cubao, kaya pwedeng two birds with one stone!  ;D ;D ;D

Dapat ganito

Andami palang mahilig sa pangit dito. :P

Pangit talaga ...dahil silver! Mas gusto ko black. Pero madilim naman sa room at pwedeng pumikit!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #499 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 10:20 AM »
Naku sir Arn... di bagay sayo ang second hand tapos Silver pa? Yuckkkkk.... Wag ka mag alala.. kahit pangit yan pagtyatyagaan ko na

Reservation List
1. Courage

He he he he
Walang Setup

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #500 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 02:50 PM »
Naku sir Arn... di bagay sayo ang second hand tapos Silver pa? Yuckkkkk.... Wag ka mag alala.. kahit pangit yan pagtyatyagaan ko na

Reservation List
1. Courage

He he he he

Sige pag naglabas ang NAD ng black version ng M3!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #501 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 06:18 PM »
Sige pag naglabas ang NAD ng black version ng M3!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ha ha ha ha........
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 06:33 PM »
Ha ha ha ha........

Mukhang andyan na ang audio steroids mo ah!  O0 post na yan!  8)  8)  8)
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012 at 06:35 PM by sientobente »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #503 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 06:44 PM »
Mukhang andyan na ang audio steroids mo ah!  O0 post na yan!  8)  8)  8)

Anong pinagsasabi mo... wala akong kinalaman dyan... nasa bahay ako nung nagyari ang Krimen... ha ha ha
Walang Setup

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #504 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 06:51 PM »
I heard this little guy kanina...

I was amazed on how this small can produce big sub sound...

Anybody has this here?

PSB HD10

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012 at 06:51 PM by Courage »
Walang Setup

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #505 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 06:57 PM »

Nice bro... set na set ka na... Sleepless nights yan.. pero ilang tulog na lang and youre in Stereo Heaven... Gawa ka na nang Gallery mo pag dumating para documented... 10 years from now pwede mo balikan kung san nagsimula ang lahat he he he PSB + NAD ROCKS BIGTIME....

Ito rin kasi ang setup ni jason sa audio niya.  >:D >:D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #506 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 07:00 PM »
I heard this little guy kanina...

I was amazed on how this small can produce big sub sound...

Anybody has this here?

PSB HD10

i was able to audition that too, really compact and really expensive but can pull out big spl numbers O0

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #507 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 07:01 PM »
i was able to audition that too, really compact and really expensive but can pull out big spl numbers O0

Oo brader kala ko nga malaking sub nakakabit kanina eh...  Yun pala yung maliit na yan ha ha ha... Sealed sub yan... maganda kaya yan sa Music?
Walang Setup

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 07:02 PM »
Ito rin kasi ang setup ni jason sa audio niya.  >:D >:D

Hoy Elmira wala akong Audio setup... Yung pang HT ko yun na din sa Audio.. Kayo nina Luwela may mga separate setup kayo.. bigtimer kayo bigtimer.. he he he
Walang Setup

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #509 on: Dec 04, 2012 at 07:05 PM »
Hoy Elmira wala akong Audio setup... Yung pang HT ko yun na din sa Audio.. Kayo nina Luwela may mga separate setup kayo.. bigtimer kayo bigtimer.. he he he

Wala nga eh lols si louela lang yun at saka ikaw. May LP ka pa nga.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.