Author Topic: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!  (Read 68618 times)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2007-2008 Season on BTV/ESPN/STAR--Play-offs na!!
« Reply #240 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 09:55 AM »
It all started when dallas traded steve nash ;D
actually, they didnt resign him and Nash left for free agency...

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #241 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM »
I stand corrected, Dallas should have just tried to keep Nash instead of making changes which is like what they do every year.

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #242 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 10:10 AM »
Cuban didn't think Nash is gonna stay healthy for long so he let him go.

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #243 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 12:15 PM »
IMO Dallas needed that change before. With Nash, they're just pure offense, no D

3 mins to go and Spurs will have a 2-0 lead!!! Hang on Spurs!

Online bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #244 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 01:05 PM »
I believe Avery brought D to Dallas, not Nash's going.

Talo na naman Suns :'(
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2008 at 01:05 PM by bumblebee »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Apr 23, 2008 at 05:43 PM »
The Dallas and Phoenix Gamble on the trades are not panning out so far the way they envisioned them to be.

Dallas traded for Jason Kidd, but his defense on Paul so far is atrocious, allowing him to get a 2 game average of 33.5ppg 13.5apg while shooting uber hot 64% on FG shooting.  While team defense is more to blame, I have to state that Kidd has lost some of his lateral movement that has helped him become a 4 time first team all-defense and 5-time 2nd team all-defense.

Phoenix has somewhat lost its run and gun mentality that made them exciting to watch.  They were outscored, 23-4 on fastbreak points by the very methodical (and boring but effective) Spurs.  And Shaq isnt doing a good job his teammates when the speed guys drives the lane..

At least Miami got a NBA championship to show when they mortagaged their future.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2008 at 05:46 PM by Munskie »

Offline idrc23

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 11:15 AM »
sa mga gustong lumipat ng destiny at walang linya sa area nila, meron nang solusyon jan!!!

g-sat ng global destiny ang sagot jan!!!

6688 annual fee at meron kanang btv jack tv at solar sports.

kaya lipat na!!!

pm me for details

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 11:26 AM »
Wow, 20pts for Kobe on the 1st Qtr. Nice defense Nuggs  :-[

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
Re: NBA 2007-2008 Season on BTV/ESPN/STAR
« Reply #248 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 12:57 PM »
time to change bookmarks:
www.raptorsnation.tk

is there a new link? tia

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 02:16 PM »
LA 2-0 up vs Denver.

Denver...1 pass.  Shoot.  1 pass.  Shoot.  That was all game long.   Result?  Only 12 assists, compared to 33 assists for LA.   

I have a theory why Camby leads the league in blocks.   He constantly cleans up the mess when his teammates are being passed on by slashers in the paint.   If Denver aims to come back in the series, they should exert more effort in team defense, and improve their shot selection.   

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 02:38 PM »
team defense

Sadly it's not part of their vocabulary. Hehe. I still expect them to win one game though. Fans in Denver will sure try to remind Kobe of his legal problems before. Drama talaga ng playoffs.

Nag laro pala si Coby Karl since Turiaf was out with tonsillitis. Father coaching against his son. Cool that.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 03:37 PM »
Charles Barkley said that the Nuggets are really "Enver".   Coz they got no "D".

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #252 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 04:24 PM »
it's nice to hear Marv Albert saying
"Kobe for three! He is on fire!" 8)
If they could stop Kobe which I doubt next prob would be the passing Odom to Gasol :) 

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 05:55 PM »
GS Warriors should've replaced the Nuggs in the playoffs. At least the series will be more exciting. Better yet, the Rockets should've dropped. They were just lucky with their 22 wins.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Apr 26, 2008 at 04:25 PM »
Phoenix now down 0-3 against Team Duncan (I love that name for the Spurs, courtesy of an ESPN columnist) thanks to Tony Parker's 41 points and an early lead for San Antonio. I think Steve Nash hasn't really been in the groove in this series (credit that to Spurs defense coz I don't see any bloody noses this time around). I bet the Suns wish they still had Shawn Marion and still running their oppenents to the ground. But hey, the series needs 4 to win and until SA picks up another W, Phoenix fans shouldn't label the Shaq experiment a failure.

Another shocker is the Sixers a$$ whoopin of the Deeetroit Pistons. I thought this was gonna be an interesting match-up right from the start coz The Sixers have always played the Pistons tough. But to dismantle the Pistons like that, even at home, that was really unexpected. Billups and Rasheed didn't show up for the Pistons in game 3 and they should thank their lucky stars that Andre Iguodala hasn't shown up, either. Sixers up 2-1. Hope they win the series.

Boring series so far has to be Boston vs Atlanta. With the way the Celtics are playing, they should just advance Boston to the second round by default...or better yet, replace the Hawks with the Warriors just to make things interesting. But hey, I'd love for the Hawks to prove me wrong here. Just win one game, d@mnit!

Washington-Cleveland. Hmm...I dunno what Deshawn Stevenson was smoking when he proclaimed Lebron James overrated, but you have to at least respect LBJ for what he did last year, guiding a not-so-impressive Cleveland team to the Finals (and beating Detroit in the ECF at that!), even if it was still a weak East. I'll give this series to Cleveland, if only to see Lebron ask Stevenson if he's still overrated.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Apr 26, 2008 at 07:31 PM »
   Ten Things I Think I Think About Phoenix-San Antonio Game 3

1.  I think it is wrong for the league to seriously consider any requests to disallow any type of Hack-a-Shaq strategy.   My take: you are a Pro, you should make freethrows.

2.  I think when the announcers say that to effectively defend a left-handed Giniobili, you must cover his left side.   But this guy shoots his 3's better when fading to his right.   Easier to say, much harder to do.

3.  I think when Popovich calls the Hack-A-Shaq strategy, the missed freethrows are a bonus.   The big pay-off is the Suns cannot dictate any tempo for a series of plays.   Its a big confidence downer too.   Popovich is a very good strategist.

4.  I think the Spurs made Flopping an art.    In today's NBA where you can't touch perimeter players anymore, its actually part of a very good defense.

5.  I think Shaq is really a very poor defender in the pick and roll.   San Antonio has really figured it out...even in his Laker days.

6.  I think Stoudamire's game will dip the time he has no Steve Nash.   He thrives on their pick and roll play, and this is no secret:  he has no go-to isolation post moves, except for that face-up jumper.

7.  I think San Antonio still doesnt get enough respect.   The past few years they have been written off as an old team.   But come play-off time, they just know how to flick on the switch.   But theyll be busier this offseason.   The Lakers and the Blazers will be big next season.

8.  I think Shaq should retire by season's end.   His iso move is basically the jump hook.  No more baseline spin move.  No more up and under power move.  And he still cant shoot freethrows.  The Suns fans needs a rebate.

9.  I think I cant believe the Suns Fans booed their own team.  They miss Shawn Marion.   They are out to get Steve Kerr's head.

10.  I think San Antonio played one of their best play-off games in Game 3.   Its boring, but they were merciless and very efficient.   Like a machine.

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Apr 26, 2008 at 10:37 PM »
Spurs-Suns Series

From being branded as the series to watch... to a possible sweep.. this series has really fooled everyone including me.  Without Marion, Nash is being exposed as a very, very weak defender.  And without their 3-point shooters, his only option is Amare.  Remind me again, why they gave him 2 MVP awards.

As for the Spurs, the Lakers will see you in the WCF... of course, if they can get past the Mavericks.  ;D

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:58 PM »
Can the Nuggets win at least one?

Can the Suns avoid getting embarrassed?  It's either Kerr's or D'Antoni's ass who's on the line.

Can the Pistons win in Game 4 to reclaim home court advantage?

Will Soulja Boy's presence help the Wizards win one again?

This playoffs really is one for the ages!!!

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Apr 27, 2008 at 02:45 PM »
Will Soulja Boy's presence help the Wizards win one again?

A better question, will Jay-z show up for Game 4?  ;D

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Apr 27, 2008 at 08:50 PM »
A better question, will Jay-z show up for Game 4?  ;D

If you were to believe Lebron's analogy, you'd say "No".  An unproven king can sometimes say the darndest things.  ;D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #260 on: Apr 27, 2008 at 09:29 PM »
Random thoughts on this year's playoffs (so far):

* San Antonio is definitely proving why they're the defending champions.  I think they can handle whoever will advance in the NOH-DAL series, and will be tested in the Western Conference Finals in what should be a classic match-up with the Lakers (I hope).  :)  If the Lakers will return to the NBA Finals, it's only fitting that they hurdle the Spurs to get there. 

* About the NOH-DAL series, I have a feeling this will go the distance, with Dallas scoring an upset.

* I feel sorry for Phoenix.  Looks like their window is gradually closing with fading superstars on their roster.  Steve Kerr will probably pull the trigger on more major changes in the off-season.

* I hope Denver puts up a better fight, what with a roster like that.  The Lakers need the challenge, in the same way that Boston is now being tested by Atlanta.

* Houston will not go far in the playoffs without Yao.  Sorry, T-Mac.

* Everyone was expecting the Western Conference match-ups to be more fun to watch.  But so far, the first round match-ups in the East are showing more promise and drama.

* I hope Atlanta wins Game 4.  The Celtics are still expected to advance, but another Atlanta win will turn this battle into a war.

* Byron Scott will probably win Coach of the Year, but they should give it to Maurice Cheeks for what he has done to the 76ers.  The DET-PHI series looks like it will go the distance, but I have a feeling the Pistons will still advance.

* I hope Cleveland wins its series vs. WAS.  BOS-CLE in the East semifinals!

* Does anyone really care who wins in the ORL-TOR series?  :)

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2008 at 09:32 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 06:24 AM »
Phoenix beating SA badly but still needs a miracle to win this series.
Raja Bell was on fire the entire game.
Also, I think the Suns just discovered a possible weakness in the Spurs arnesal -- Diaw.
SA can't find a match up to neutralize Diaw in the post.
Pop is a great coach and will find a way to slow it down -- just like how the Suns played Parker in the pick-and-roll.
By the way, I got to watch Game 3 live :)....but it sucked because Suns got blown out of the game :(

My pick:
LA and NO in the West
BOS and ORL --> just because the CAVS and BOS meet in the Semis
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 01:21 PM »
Five Things I Think I Think about Dallas Mavericks (after game 4)

1. I think it is a pretty hard fall for Mark Cuban and his team. Picked to contend the last two years, and losing the NBA title two years ago (Sorry Miami, you didn't win it, Dallas lost it), losing in the first round two years running is pretty painful. Especially if you have mortgaged your future getting Jason Kidd.

2. I think trading or signing for veterans like Kidd or Shaq has serious drawback. You are trading for what they used to be. Lakers found it out with they signed Malone and Payton in 2004. But at least they were only given 1 year contracts, and they were free agents. Hard pill to swallow when you given up much but took less in return. Dallas and Phoenix needs some rebate. Somewhere, Marion and Harris are smiling.

3. I think Josh Howard was pretty frank and honest but practices poor judgement. It doesn't give you smart points for blurting out that you smoked weed in the middle of a series you are trailing. And then follow it up with a stinking 6 point 3 for 16 shooting performance. Now Cuban and Avery has someone to blame. Kidd will thank him for it.

4. I think Coach K should give CP3 serious consideration for a roster spot in Team USA in the Beijing Olympics. He should give Kidd's slot instead.

5. I think Avery Johnson's job is secured. But I'm not the owner. The impatient Mark Cuban is.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008 at 01:22 PM by Munskie »

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 10:32 AM »

* Does anyone really care who wins in the ORL-TOR series?  :)

Well, I do. Hehe ;D. Btw, Orlando won the series, so it's going to be an interesting round 2 in the East. The problem with Orlando, the way I see it, is their consistency. Personally, I don't expect them to live through Detroit (if the Pistons knock the Sixers in the first round), though it would be a tough series.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 11:06 AM »
2-2 na Atlanta-Boston.. mas may drama pa yung East playoffs compared to the West..

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 11:55 AM »
2-2 na Atlanta-Boston.. mas may drama pa yung East playoffs compared to the West..

Atlanta and Philadelphia. Pesky buggers. Hehe

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 02:57 PM »
Lakers swept the Nuggets. I guess even Nuggets with Iverson doesn't have an answer to the Lakers. ;D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349
« Reply #267 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 07:16 PM »
ESPN will air Game 5 of the Hornets-Mavs series tomorrow, 7 a.m. and another game on Saturday (I'm praying it's Game 6 of the Celtics-Hawks series  :-\)  Star Sports should also air one on Friday, probably Game 6 of the Pistons-76ers series.  Any news on what C/S Sports plans to show this week?

Hirap talaga pag walang Basketball TV at this time of the year.  >:( 
We deserve better.

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 01:22 AM »
Hopefully Mavs win tomorrow.

Offline blackie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #269 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 08:33 AM »
Not looking good for Mavs right now.........
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer