Author Topic: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!  (Read 68643 times)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2007-2008 Season on BTV/ESPN/STAR--Play-offs na!!
« Reply #570 on: May 24, 2008 at 11:27 AM »
Popovich has given up with 8 minutes remaining.

Offline DaSilva

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #571 on: May 24, 2008 at 11:33 AM »
die, san antonio, die!!!
 :)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #572 on: May 24, 2008 at 11:38 AM »
Lakers up 2-0.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008 at 12:01 PM by Munskie »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #573 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:01 PM »
Six Things I Think I Think: Game 2 LA vs San Antonio   

1.  Telling statistic of the game:  Field Goal Percentage, LA shot 54%, San Antonio 35%.    Goes to show that the Lakers are underrated as a defensive team.

2.  While Kobe Bryant played a pedestrian but efficient game (+24, highest for the game), Lamar Odom (20 pts 12 rebs, 4 blks) and Derek Fisher (11 points on 5 shots) were the big contributors, far off from their game 1 showing.  Big Bounce back.

3.  Ginobili again was shut down (7 pts on 2-8 shooting).  This guy is hurting and needs rest.   And it doesnt help when Vujacic is pesky on defense.

4.  The alternate day scheduling favors the younger, fresher Lakers.   The Spurs need more than a day's rest.  They have played more play-off games than the Lakers, and are overall, much older.   It is just coincidence I know, but it doesnt help to debunk any wild conspiracy about a LA-Boston Finals.

5.  Spurs bench were again outplayed by the young Laker bench.  Expect to see some changes this off-season.  Horry and Finley maybe are on their last ride.

6.  With a 0-2 deficit, the Spurs have the ability to bounce back, highlighted by winning their series against the Hornets, after climbing back from the same deficit.

But these Lakers are no Hornets.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008 at 12:02 PM by Munskie »

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #574 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:39 PM »
Six Things I Think I Think: Game 2 LA vs San Antonio   

1.  Telling statistic of the game:  Field Goal Percentage, LA shot 54%, San Antonio 35%.    Goes to show that the Lakers are underrated as a defensive team.

2.  While Kobe Bryant played a pedestrian but efficient game (+24, highest for the game), Lamar Odom (20 pts 12 rebs, 4 blks) and Derek Fisher (11 points on 5 shots) were the big contributors, far off from their game 1 showing.  Big Bounce back.

3.  Ginobili again was shut down (7 pts on 2-8 shooting).  This guy is hurting and needs rest.   And it doesnt help when Vujacic is pesky on defense.

4.  The alternate day scheduling favors the younger, fresher Lakers.   The Spurs need more than a day's rest.  They have played more play-off games than the Lakers, and are overall, much older.   It is just coincidence I know, but it doesnt help to debunk any wild conspiracy about a LA-Boston Finals.

5.  Spurs bench were again outplayed by the young Laker bench.  Expect to see some changes this off-season.  Horry and Finley maybe are on their last ride.

6.  With a 0-2 deficit, the Spurs have the ability to bounce back, highlighted by winning their series against the Hornets, after climbing back from the same deficit.

But these Lakers are no Hornets.

Blowing out the defending champs. It's the kind of win Phil Jackson wants this time of year. Was this a statement game by the Lakers? I say yes...

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #575 on: May 24, 2008 at 12:53 PM »
im thinking it's safe to say the spurs are finished for this season. :-[

Offline clea

• Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
« Reply #576 on: May 24, 2008 at 01:37 PM »
im thinking it's safe to say the spurs are finished for this season. :-[

not really, this was also the case against New Orleans during the last round so anything's still possible...

though I don't really like Spurs brand of basketball  ::)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #577 on: May 24, 2008 at 02:18 PM »
stat shows 14 of the 222 teams to lose the first two games have come back to win, including this  Spurs versus the Hornets. so its still not 100% safe he..he

Offline JEcHb0Y

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #578 on: May 24, 2008 at 02:20 PM »
not really, this was also the case against New Orleans during the last round so anything's still possible...

though I don't really like Spurs brand of basketball  ::)

One can only hope, but how many times have the Spurs done this kind of thing?  Starting big but faltering at the home stretch?  :-\

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #579 on: May 24, 2008 at 02:25 PM »
The Spurs also lost the first two games at NO by what.... an average of 22pts.  So it's still premature to say the Spurs are done.  Though I do want the Spurs to be done..hehehe!

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #580 on: May 24, 2008 at 03:08 PM »
Man, that was the longest 4Q I've ever watched.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #581 on: May 24, 2008 at 06:53 PM »
I guess if the Spurs come back to win the series, it will be the first time Phil Jackson will lose a series after leading 2-0.

He is 40-0 so far when leading a series by 2-0.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #582 on: May 24, 2008 at 07:51 PM »
So its 2-0 for the Lakers. They just pulvurize the Spurs in todays game. Again the LAKERS play as a team. Morale was high again & their confidence greater than ever. Winning game 1 was very significant for the Lakers coz in that game, the Lakers never fell apart even when they're down by 20pts midway in the third quarter. They crawl back together as a team each and everyone contributing in there own special way they didnt loose hope and just continue to play hard. When there efforts showed results, their morale just gets higher and their energy was just relentless. Every Laker (even the 2nd team) was so involved in the game that the Spurs got confused on who to guard since every Laker at that time was so pumped up. The Spurs lost their focus on Bryant thus paving way for the current MVP to do his stuff in strides. The Spurs obviously burned out from the NO series didnt play like defending champions.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #583 on: May 24, 2008 at 07:54 PM »
It ain't over until one team wins 4 games in this playoffs, so, the Spurs aren't licked....yet. Hehehe.

I never expected Poppovich to pull out his stars with still 8 minutes to go. They could've made a push with that much time, even if it is the 4th Q.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #584 on: May 24, 2008 at 08:05 PM »
It ain't over until one team wins 4 games in this playoffs, so, the Spurs aren't licked....yet. Hehehe.

I never expected Poppovich to pull out his stars with still 8 minutes to go. They could've made a push with that much time, even if it is the 4th Q.
Perhaps the strategy was one step backward , two steps forward. It was a lost game no matter how hard the Spurs will play, they just couldn't much the Laker's intensity so Coach Popovich decided to rest his key players (obviously drained from that NO series), let them watch the game on the bench and prepare them for the next battle.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #585 on: May 24, 2008 at 08:08 PM »
I kinda understood why he pulled out his starters early.. it was obvious they were tired.. remember, Kobe wasn't even inside the court in the early minutes of the 4th.. even if they tried to mount a comeback, Kobe would just do his thing.. that 9-0 run towards the end of the 2nd quarter really told the story.. the Spurs were just too slow.. Vujacic scored on a jumper and a three during that run and Ginobili just couldn't keep up with him..

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #586 on: May 24, 2008 at 08:18 PM »
Perhaps the strategy was one step backward , two steps forward. It was a lost game no matter how hard the Spurs will play, they just couldn't much the Laker's intensity so Coach Popovich decided to rest his key players (obviously drained from that NO series), let them watch the game on the bench and prepare them for the next battle.

...and hope they win their games at home. This is a very scary situation for the Spurs because they will have to put big effort to win 4 games with only 5 more games remaining  when it seems they are very exhausted right now. I think their energy were drained in their series w/ NO which was very evident particularly in their first game with Lakers and the age factor is creeping them now.  :(

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #587 on: May 24, 2008 at 08:49 PM »
age factor is creeping them now.  :(

Derek Fisher is the only Laker in active rotation that is over 30.   On the other side, Tony Parker is the only Spur in active rotation that is under 30.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008 at 08:56 PM by Munskie »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #588 on: May 24, 2008 at 09:26 PM »
...and hope they win their games at home. This is a very scary situation for the Spurs because they will have to put big effort to win 4 games with only 5 more games remaining  when it seems they are very exhausted right now. I think their energy were drained in their series w/ NO which was very evident particularly in their first game with Lakers and the age factor is creeping them now.  :(
In order for the Spurs to win, Ginobili must play his usual game. He must be able to create for himself offensively. The Lakers have put the clamps on him this past two games.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #589 on: May 24, 2008 at 09:56 PM »
In order for the Spurs to win, Ginobili must play his usual game. He must be able to create for himself offensively. The Lakers have put the clamps on him this past two games.

Injured rin pala si Manu...

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #590 on: May 25, 2008 at 07:52 AM »

Part of this is because of the jammed ankle of Manu. So yung explosiveness wala masyado, parang 1 time lang nangyari yun (he drove and beat Radmanovic and got that 3pt play).

Celtics will really be tested when they go to The Palace for Game 3. I haven't followed the series like the West but this might dictate if we will see a Lakers-Boston finals. Detroit is a very good and experienced team. If they protect their home court this is a done series. So far Celtics havn't show any sign that it can win on the road...and we all know you can't win a chamionship that way.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #591 on: May 25, 2008 at 07:58 AM »
So far Celtics havn't show any sign that it can win on the road...and we all know you can't win a chamionship that way.

Technically the Celtics can win a championship even w/o winning a game on the road.  Unfortunately, they lost their last game in Boston.  So throw that notion out the window.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #592 on: May 25, 2008 at 09:18 AM »

He is 40-0 so far when leading a series by 2-0.

nice.... that's  a better stat than the 93.5% (14 of 215 team) he..he
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008 at 09:46 AM by kimpOy »

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #593 on: May 25, 2008 at 09:36 AM »
Right now Celtics are very impressive in Auburn.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #594 on: May 25, 2008 at 10:25 AM »
Detroit is making their run now.

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #595 on: May 25, 2008 at 10:40 AM »
up 23points, 35 seconds to go in the 3rd, i can smell celtics victory  ;D ;D

celtics - 2
lakers  - 2

4 games to go, dream match na  :D :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM by skylynx888 »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #596 on: May 25, 2008 at 11:55 AM »
up 23points, 35 seconds to go in the 3rd, i can smell celtics victory  ;D ;D

celtics - 2
lakers  - 2

4 games to go, dream match na  :D :D
yup, it looks good so far.

I expect the Spurs to give it all tomorrow.   Popovich didnt give up so early to rest his starters in game 2 for nothing. 

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #597 on: May 25, 2008 at 01:35 PM »
2 more wins for both Lakers & Celtics and all prayers are answered. The much awaited Lakers vs Celtics NBA FINALS.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #598 on: May 25, 2008 at 04:26 PM »
Technically the Celtics can win a championship even w/o winning a game on the road.  Unfortunately, they lost their last game in Boston.  So throw that notion out the window.

I agree (technically they can), but winning on the road is all about a team's character.
Good thing with the Celtics is they will have homecourt advantage thoughout the play offs.
I'd say that notion can't be thrown away just like that.

Another win by the Lakers and the Spurs have dug themselves a very big hole that only the Red Sox has climbed out of. Also, anyone who comes out of the east and if the Lakers wins the west it'll be a good series.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #599 on: May 25, 2008 at 06:03 PM »
I agree (technically they can), but winning on the road is all about a team's character.

I still think that they (Celtics) are lacking on this aspect but this is the time for the big three to prove their crictics wrong. Lalo na si KG.  ;D

Another win by the Lakers and the Spurs have dug themselves a very big hole that only the Red Sox has climbed out of. Also, anyone who comes out of the east and if the Lakers wins the west it'll be a good series.

I agree. It's a do or die game for the Spurs tomorrow.