Author Topic: Panasonic PV 80 ROCKS HARDER!!!!!!  (Read 70752 times)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
Re: Panasonic PV 80 ROCKS HARDER!!!!!!
« Reply #150 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:50 AM »
Nope bro, sinara ko lang curtains ayos na ayos kahit pa nakabukas yung ilaw  :D
kewl ..  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline dannielsimone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #151 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 10:03 AM »
After all the comments I figured I would post from thread I just started on my Demo yesterday.  It is under the thread "Side by side by side demo"

OK....had a three hour Demo yesterday. Wanted to find out first hand and compare side by side the streingths and weaknesses of Plasma vs LCD and the various brands available using a budget of 60k with 37-42 inch panels. With me, and offering there opinions, were my 21 year old son who is experienced with gaming, my 12 year old and 8 year old son. Our use at home will be aproximately   35% PS3,  30% DVD BlueRay and 35% Sky cable viewing. After weeks of running around in the USA and seeing some great products at great prices my hunger for  another HD monitor is at a peak. (I first purchased two years ago a 60 inch Sony SXRD 1080P rear pojection unit and have been pretty happy with it.) I decided to Demo and compare three aspects A) Gaming with PS3 - Motor Storm,   B) Blueray Movie Viewing - Transformers,    C) Official/Originol DVD Concert of Red Hot Chilli Peppers using the top of the line Pioneer upscale DVD player

PLEASE NOTE:All the viewing was first done on factory settings and adjusted by the very patient and experienced Sales Tech Sir Paul.
                   I could not evaluate sound quality of any of the units as there were other demos going on.
                   I can not offer any comments on standard cable viewing.

1) Sony 40 inch LCD (1080P S series  entry level) Wanted the V series but only S was in stock   
2) Samsung 37A550 (1080P entry level) ..wanted to test the 40 inch unit but none in stock
3) Panasonic LCD 37 inch (37A450) 720P only as the 1080P are not yet available in the Phillies
4) Panasonic 42PV80 Plasma (The highly discussed  on this forum 720P 42 inch unit)
5) Toshiba Raiza 37AV500 720p

My Son Spent about 40 minutes using the PS3.  All the sets preformed well but some better than others.

The Sony had awsome colors and tones. The TV did how ever have pixelization issues.  Not my sons favorite

The panny LCD and the toshiba had very good colors although some what exagerated. Not true to life so to speak but still good.  Had pixelization issues as well.  Pretty good in general but not as good as the Sony

The Samsung preformed very well.  The reaction time, according to my son, was very good ( perhaps the best). Color and tones were pretty good but  short of the sony .  (This may have been because the samy is so "Bright and in your face" .We probably could have tweaked it just a little more )...The over all colors were  more accurate than the Panny LCD and the Toshiba.  And yes we also had pixelization issues.  Based on reaction time this was the best preformer of the LCD's  so far.

The Panny plasma had good earthy colors and tones.  A little darker than the LCD's but I expected that.  Paul adjusted the brightness just a little and it looked great.  Colors did come alive and the reaction time was also very good.  NOT MUCH PIXELIZATION

My sons verdict:  In respect to LCD's He liked the Sammy the best but PHERHAPS  OVER ALL MAYBE the panny plasma the best??

The DVD concert was played and all the lcd's could not handle the moving and jumping very well.  MAJOR PIXELIZATION THROUGH OUT THE CROWD AND PREFORMANCE ON STAGE.  The experience left alot to be desired. I will add that the Sony had the most accurate color of them all.  The Panny plasma handled it the best. The least pixelization and fairly good color and tone. 
We all agreed the viewing of this DVD on the plasma was  the best. The sony and Sammy were a distant second.  Toshiba and Panny LCD were a tie respectively in third.

Here is where we come down to the nuts and bolts of the viewing for me as I am not a gamer and am really looking forward to the Blueray HD movie viewing.

When in the states I viewed (in a SONY shop) a stunning preformance of the Movie Transformers on a 46 inch XBR with 120hz.  I watched the opening 15 minutes and it was really SPECTACULAR.  I decided that this was the movie I would bring for the demo.  I can only say that at first glance 5 minutes in to the movie the Sony was again brilliant in respect to color, tone, and sheer brillance.  The Sammy looked very good as a close second.  The panny plasma handled it very well.  The Toshiba looked good and the Panny LCD could not take the 1080P feed so we shut it down. Based on the importance I placed on Blueray movie veiwing I was ready to declare the clear winner of this part of our demo to Sony.   My eldest son agreed. Hands down the sony was Awsome.  Almost as good as the viewing we had in the states.  Now very importantly there were three other customrs in the store all carefully doing there own demos.  All of them came over one by one and all commented on how the Sony looked best of them all.  The Sammy also looked good but was very bright.  The plasma was holding its own with very accuarte color rendering as well.  But as the action in the movie picked up and we were watching battle and chase scenes and actual robots transforming that pixelization reared its ugly head on all the LCD's. I was not a happy camper as I found it to be quite a distraction.  My 12 year old son pointed out that the Sammy was the LCD that best handled this and had the least pixelization. There seemed to be a smooth flow on the sammy which helped mute the constant pixelization problems on all the other LCD's. With that being said it seemed to lag a bit but that was limited when paul put the "movie feature" on low as opposed to high /medium.  It was at this point that we turned our attention away from the toshiba and concentrated on the Plasma the Sammy and the sony.  The plasma had the least pixelization issues.  The Sammy with its smooth flow looked pretty good and the most disturbing at this point was the Sony.  Paul tried to desperately adjust and tweak but that sony could not rid itself of that Pixel issue  The Sammy handled it some what better. 

I had then asked Paul to get another blueray and he got the fantastic four.  It started off with again Sony proving to the best PQ, and color but as soon as the action started the sony and the pixel issue returned.  The sammy also has these issues but not as much and the plasma looked very good.

For the next thirty minutes my boys played PS3. My eldest son then said playing on the plasma was easy on his eyes as opposed to the bright sammy and sony. He wants the Panny PV80. One of he guys demoing near us came over and said he liked the plasma the best. Another one came over and just said he ordered the Panny plasma for immediate delivery.  They were  happy with our demo.  I am scratching my head.  I really liked the PV80.  I now need to demo the Panny Plasma 42PY700 full HD and the Panny Plasma 42PY800.

I also am asking myself:

Are the entry level 1080P LCD'S not high tech enough to display fast moving HD?
Is the LCD technology still a work in progress?
Are the more expensive LCD's better in avoiding pixelization entirely?
How much must one spend in the Phillies to get a LCD with out Pixelization?

And based on budget should I focus only on Plasma?

People.....I really welcome any comments you  have. ???  PLEASE REPLY ON THIS THREAD OR LINK BELOW.

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=88515.0

WISHING YOU ALL A PRODUCTIVE DAY.

Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 11:08 AM »
After all the comments I figured I would post from thread I just started on my Demo yesterday.  It is under the thread "Side by side by side demo"

OK....had a three hour Demo yesterday. Wanted to find out first hand and compare side by side the streingths and weaknesses of Plasma vs LCD and the various brands available using a budget of 60k with 37-42 inch panels. With me, and offering there opinions, were my 21 year old son who is experienced with gaming, my 12 year old and 8 year old son. Our use at home will be aproximately   35% PS3,  30% DVD BlueRay and 35% Sky cable viewing. After weeks of running around in the USA and seeing some great products at great prices my hunger for  another HD monitor is at a peak. (I first purchased two years ago a 60 inch Sony SXRD 1080P rear pojection unit and have been pretty happy with it.) I decided to Demo and compare three aspects A) Gaming with PS3 - Motor Storm,   B) Blueray Movie Viewing - Transformers,    C) Official/Originol DVD Concert of Red Hot Chilli Peppers using the top of the line Pioneer upscale DVD player

PLEASE NOTE:All the viewing was first done on factory settings and adjusted by the very patient and experienced Sales Tech Sir Paul.
                   I could not evaluate sound quality of any of the units as there were other demos going on.
                   I can not offer any comments on standard cable viewing.

1) Sony 40 inch LCD (1080P S series  entry level) Wanted the V series but only S was in stock   
2) Samsung 37A550 (1080P entry level) ..wanted to test the 40 inch unit but none in stock
3) Panasonic LCD 37 inch (37A450) 720P only as the 1080P are not yet available in the Phillies
4) Panasonic 42PV80 Plasma (The highly discussed  on this forum 720P 42 inch unit)
5) Toshiba Raiza 37AV500 720p

My Son Spent about 40 minutes using the PS3.  All the sets preformed well but some better than others.

The Sony had awsome colors and tones. The TV did how ever have pixelization issues.  Not my sons favorite

The panny LCD and the toshiba had very good colors although some what exagerated. Not true to life so to speak but still good.  Had pixelization issues as well.  Pretty good in general but not as good as the Sony

The Samsung preformed very well.  The reaction time, according to my son, was very good ( perhaps the best). Color and tones were pretty good but  short of the sony .  (This may have been because the samy is so "Bright and in your face" .We probably could have tweaked it just a little more )...The over all colors were  more accurate than the Panny LCD and the Toshiba.  And yes we also had pixelization issues.  Based on reaction time this was the best preformer of the LCD's  so far.

The Panny plasma had good earthy colors and tones.  A little darker than the LCD's but I expected that.  Paul adjusted the brightness just a little and it looked great.  Colors did come alive and the reaction time was also very good.  NOT MUCH PIXELIZATION

My sons verdict:  In respect to LCD's He liked the Sammy the best but PHERHAPS  OVER ALL MAYBE the panny plasma the best??

The DVD concert was played and all the lcd's could not handle the moving and jumping very well.  MAJOR PIXELIZATION THROUGH OUT THE CROWD AND PREFORMANCE ON STAGE.  The experience left alot to be desired. I will add that the Sony had the most accurate color of them all.  The Panny plasma handled it the best. The least pixelization and fairly good color and tone. 
We all agreed the viewing of this DVD on the plasma was  the best. The sony and Sammy were a distant second.  Toshiba and Panny LCD were a tie respectively in third.

Here is where we come down to the nuts and bolts of the viewing for me as I am not a gamer and am really looking forward to the Blueray HD movie viewing.

When in the states I viewed (in a SONY shop) a stunning preformance of the Movie Transformers on a 46 inch XBR with 120hz.  I watched the opening 15 minutes and it was really SPECTACULAR.  I decided that this was the movie I would bring for the demo.  I can only say that at first glance 5 minutes in to the movie the Sony was again brilliant in respect to color, tone, and sheer brillance.  The Sammy looked very good as a close second.  The panny plasma handled it very well.  The Toshiba looked good and the Panny LCD could not take the 1080P feed so we shut it down. Based on the importance I placed on Blueray movie veiwing I was ready to declare the clear winner of this part of our demo to Sony.   My eldest son agreed. Hands down the sony was Awsome.  Almost as good as the viewing we had in the states.  Now very importantly there were three other customrs in the store all carefully doing there own demos.  All of them came over one by one and all commented on how the Sony looked best of them all.  The Sammy also looked good but was very bright.  The plasma was holding its own with very accuarte color rendering as well.  But as the action in the movie picked up and we were watching battle and chase scenes and actual robots transforming that pixelization reared its ugly head on all the LCD's. I was not a happy camper as I found it to be quite a distraction.  My 12 year old son pointed out that the Sammy was the LCD that best handled this and had the least pixelization. There seemed to be a smooth flow on the sammy which helped mute the constant pixelization problems on all the other LCD's. With that being said it seemed to lag a bit but that was limited when paul put the "movie feature" on low as opposed to high /medium.  It was at this point that we turned our attention away from the toshiba and concentrated on the Plasma the Sammy and the sony.  The plasma had the least pixelization issues.  The Sammy with its smooth flow looked pretty good and the most disturbing at this point was the Sony.  Paul tried to desperately adjust and tweak but that sony could not rid itself of that Pixel issue  The Sammy handled it some what better. 

I had then asked Paul to get another blueray and he got the fantastic four.  It started off with again Sony proving to the best PQ, and color but as soon as the action started the sony and the pixel issue returned.  The sammy also has these issues but not as much and the plasma looked very good.

For the next thirty minutes my boys played PS3. My eldest son then said playing on the plasma was easy on his eyes as opposed to the bright sammy and sony. He wants the Panny PV80. One of he guys demoing near us came over and said he liked the plasma the best. Another one came over and just said he ordered the Panny plasma for immediate delivery.  They were  happy with our demo.  I am scratching my head.  I really liked the PV80.  I now need to demo the Panny Plasma 42PY700 full HD and the Panny Plasma 42PY800.

I also am asking myself:

Are the entry level 1080P LCD'S not high tech enough to display fast moving HD?
Is the LCD technology still a work in progress?
Are the more expensive LCD's better in avoiding pixelization entirely?
How much must one spend in the Phillies to get a LCD with out Pixelization?

And based on budget should I focus only on Plasma?

People.....I really welcome any comments you  have. ???  PLEASE REPLY ON THIS THREAD OR LINK BELOW.

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=88515.0

WISHING YOU ALL A PRODUCTIVE DAY.

posted a reply here .. :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #153 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 02:35 PM »
Guys try nyo to for Blu-Ray tapos close the lights! Ganda! I use it for my PV80 and PY800

Cinema

Contrast 48
Brightness 49
Color 53
Sharpness 47
Temp Warm
Color management Off
P-Nr OFF

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 02:40 PM »
Guys try nyo to for Blu-Ray tapos close the lights! Ganda! I use it for my PV80 and PY800

Cinema

Contrast 48
Brightness 49
Color 53
Sharpness 47
Temp Warm
Color management Off
P-Nr OFF
thanks Carlo777    :)
but is this the same settings you posted before?  (ikaw nga ba yun? :D )
ninjababez online ..

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 02:42 PM »
thanks Carlo777    :)
but is this the same settings you posted before?  (ikaw nga ba yun? :D )

Yup, pre just try it and switch off the lights!

Tested it with Underworld Evo, and I finally got a very very good setting for dark room viewing!

Set your PS3 to RGB limited and Super White-on!

Use native res:

For PV80 720p
For PY800 1080p, switch off Intelligent Frame creation
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2008 at 02:47 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 04:27 PM »

Cinema

Contrast 48
Brightness 49
Color 53
Sharpness 47
Temp Warm
Color management Off
P-Nr OFF

I also use this when I'm watching my HD Movies  ;D

I also got this from this thread http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TH42PX80/Settings/

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 11:49 PM »
I also use this when I'm watching my HD Movies  ;D

I also got this from this thread http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TH42PX80/Settings/

Sama mo na din to sir!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10022389-1.html

Offline mickmads

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Nov 25, 2008 at 09:57 AM »
Eto na ang black friday sale sa States huhu...sarap sana magpa-uwi

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889187081&Tpk=89-187-081

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Nov 26, 2008 at 08:17 PM »
Eto na ang black friday sale sa States huhu...sarap sana magpa-uwi

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889187081&Tpk=89-187-081

yes .....amazing deals for black friday.
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #161 on: Nov 29, 2008 at 06:58 PM »
good day po mga sirs,

i am eyeing on buyin a PV80?full HD na ho ba to?I mean 1080 na ba sya or upscale lang?if I have a blu ray player..is the PQ difference for an upscaled against a native HD 1080 really big?

or anything you can share for me to consider this unit against others (lcd/plasma)..i can't seem to find an 42" lcd unit with the same tag price of this panny pv80..

many thanks!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 07:22 AM »
good day po mga sirs,
i am eyeing on buyin a PV80?full HD na ho ba to?I mean 1080 na ba sya or upscale lang?if I have a blu ray player..is the PQ difference for an upscaled against a native HD 1080 really big?
or anything you can share for me to consider this unit against others (lcd/plasma)..i can't seem to find an 42" lcd unit with the same tag price of this panny pv80..
many thanks!
PV80 is only 1080p ready .. however if youre planning to get a 42" display, you wont be able to see the difference between 720p and 1080p anyways (unless ofcourse youll seat below 4ft from your screen :D ) 

full details here
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2008 at 02:02 PM by ninjababez »
ninjababez online ..

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #163 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 01:39 PM »
great info ninjababez!

Offline fernando_montalban

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 02:55 PM »
hello everyone, I'm new here and actually registered to get insights on what TV to buy.

I'm really looking at the 40pv80 as my choice of TV and am ready to buy one within the week.  I am not a gamer and would only use the TV for cable broadcast and DVD (no blu ray yet for me.. hehe..).  That is why I want the pv80 over an LCD TV. I was actually looking at the Samsung 32A550 as well as the Sony Bravia 32W400. All of which are in the price range of the 40pv80. But as I have read from comments, PQ goes to the pv80 especially with what I have specified I will use the TV for (cable broadcast and DVD)

My main concern is, the one that is truly holding me back, is my fear of burn in or image retention.  How much should I be concerned about it? Or should I be concerned about it in the first place? Is it more of a temporary side effect nowadays rather than a weakness altogether? How does your pv80 handle this problem?

I have read quite a lot about burn in and needless to say, I have also read conflicting statements. (most that I have read are statements abroad) Did you guys follow the first 100-hours settings of use? I'm really more afraid of the "permanent burn in" part if it does exist.  If it does exist then it's JUST ONE mistake of pausing Transformers and falling asleep and for the lifetime of the TV, you have Optimus Prime in front of you every time you watch TV.  Kidding aside, I'd rather buy an LCD and worry no more.  Can permanent burn in or image retention happen?

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 03:04 PM »
My main concern is, the one that is truly holding me back, is my fear of burn in or image retention.  How much should I be concerned about it? Or should I be concerned about it in the first place? Is it more of a temporary side effect nowadays rather than a weakness altogether? How does your pv80 handle this problem?
I have read quite a lot about burn in and needless to say, I have also read conflicting statements. (most that I have read are statements abroad) Did you guys follow the first 100-hours settings of use? I'm really more afraid of the "permanent burn in" part if it does exist.  If it does exist then it's JUST ONE mistake of pausing Transformers and falling asleep and for the lifetime of the TV, you have Optimus Prime in front of you every time you watch TV.  Kidding aside, I'd rather buy an LCD and worry no more.  Can permanent burn in or image retention happen?
BI nope, but IR yes but it disappears after a few seconds or minute ..  :D
if youre that worried, you can try the 100 hours anti burnin procedure .. (i did not :D )
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2008 at 03:05 PM by ninjababez »
ninjababez online ..

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:19 PM »
hello everyone, I'm new here and actually registered to get insights on what TV to buy.

I'm really looking at the 40pv80 as my choice of TV and am ready to buy one within the week.  I am not a gamer and would only use the TV for cable broadcast and DVD (no blu ray yet for me.. hehe..).  That is why I want the pv80 over an LCD TV. I was actually looking at the Samsung 32A550 as well as the Sony Bravia 32W400. All of which are in the price range of the 40pv80. But as I have read from comments, PQ goes to the pv80 especially with what I have specified I will use the TV for (cable broadcast and DVD)

For cable and dvd I would not worry about burn-in's too much, just make sure you follow the 100 hours break in procedure. I have 3 plasma's and have yet to experience a burn-in, image retention will always be there but it does go away. Sometimes within seconds, at times within minutes but there are stubborn images that take hours before they fully wash away.

For example: (Complete I.R wash after 2 hours of viewing)

1) A channel logo like HBO is very light and it does wash away within a few seconds.
2) A bright channel logo like VELVET is a bit stubborn and usually takes an hour or even more to get rid off
3) Letter-box bars from dvd's before break-in took about 20 mins to get rid off, now after break in it takes about 10-15 mins

This is based on my exp. with the Pv8/Pv80 and the Py800
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:21 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 08:29 AM »
Buti na lang ako hindi ko masyado napapansin yang mga Image Retention at Green Phosporus Lag na tinatawag nila. Kung ako sa inyo kung hindi nyo nakikita o napapansin, wag nyo na lang hanapin.  ;D

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 11:33 AM »
Buti na lang ako hindi ko masyado napapansin yang mga Image Retention at Green Phosporus Lag na tinatawag nila. Kung ako sa inyo kung hindi nyo nakikita o napapansin, wag nyo na lang hanapin.  ;D
exactly, in my case it was the glare that was annoying .. good thing i stopped noticing it, and started enjoying my display .. :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline e_none

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • --mangyan man kami--
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 07:14 AM »
mga sir pa pm nman po best settings PV80, and pede ba to iapply kahit bago palng ang unit ??? im not that happy kasi sa color display compared to my toshiba LCD. thnks
H5360/onkyo607/pv80/ps3/7.1/WDTv...

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 08:54 AM »
mga sir pa pm nman po best settings PV80, and pede ba to iapply kahit bago palng ang unit ??? im not that happy kasi sa color display compared to my toshiba LCD. thnks
pm Carlo777 .. ;)
ninjababez online ..

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 03:43 PM »

Huh? Maganda na ang pre-set values ng PV80 sir! You can try this:

Picture mode: Standard

Contrast 68
Brightness 39
Color 62
Tint -1
Temp Warm

This setting presents a stronger color tone...
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2008 at 03:45 PM by Carlo777 »

Offline e_none

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • --mangyan man kami--
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 03:53 PM »
thanks sir.. nasanay lng talaga siguro ako kc mas bright talaga LCD but after watching few titles, mas realistic nga color ng ng pv80 than my LCD lalo na sa skin tone.... thanks agen:)
H5360/onkyo607/pv80/ps3/7.1/WDTv...

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 04:04 PM »
thanks sir.. nasanay lng talaga siguro ako kc mas bright talaga LCD but after watching few titles, mas realistic nga color ng ng pv80 than my LCD lalo na sa skin tone.... thanks agen:)

By the way sir, is that for dvd or bluray or gaming?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Dec 05, 2008 at 04:17 PM »
great info ninjababez!

You would see the difference if you know what you are looking for.  In my case, kahit lumayo ako I can detect the vertical lines (or the horizontal resolution) of the PX80 because I know its there.  It makes the entire image look sharper than that of full HD panel kapag lumayo ka.  It makes the image sort of behind a fine prison bar if you stay close...BUT ITS NOT BAD AT ALL..Its just there.   What looks like fine prison bar sa PX80 looks like gamo gamo on a full HD panel.   Hence, it would appear that full HD image is softer until you realize that it's the edge enhancement effect of the fine prison bar that makes teh non-HD look sharp.   Whether or not that difference is significant depends on you.   Again, ITS NOT BAD AT ALL.

Pero if you use the plasma for regular computing, then full HD advantage is very significant.  Period.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2008 at 04:28 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 08:56 AM »
You would see the difference if you know what you are looking for.  In my case, kahit lumayo ako I can detect the vertical lines (or the horizontal resolution) of the PX80 because I know its there.  It makes the entire image look sharper than that of full HD panel kapag lumayo ka.  It makes the image sort of behind a fine prison bar if you stay close...BUT ITS NOT BAD AT ALL..Its just there.   What looks like fine prison bar sa PX80 looks like gamo gamo on a full HD panel.   Hence, it would appear that full HD image is softer until you realize that it's the edge enhancement effect of the fine prison bar that makes teh non-HD look sharp.   Whether or not that difference is significant depends on you.   Again, ITS NOT BAD AT ALL.

Pero if you use the plasma for regular computing, then full HD advantage is very significant.  Period.
i would have to agree with you bro, but if you want your non full hd to display clear text, you can always set it at 1080p/1080i BUT at a higher DPI settings :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline sabr

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 12:32 PM »
may i know the burn in procedure for the pv80? thanks!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 12:37 PM »
may i know the burn in procedure for the pv80? thanks!
100 hours with no static image, logo etc.
but to be safe you might want to try using this method for 4 day straight .. just run it and leave it for 100 hours  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline sabr

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 12:51 PM »
100 hours with no static image, logo etc.
but to be safe you might want to try using this method for 4 day straight .. just run it and leave it for 100 hours  :)

thanks! do i need to maintain a particular combination of settings for the first 100 hours (contrast, brightness...)?

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Dec 06, 2008 at 01:22 PM »
thanks! do i need to maintain a particular combination of settings for the first 100 hours (contrast, brightness...)?
set it on ECO  ;)
ninjababez online ..