Author Topic: A few Panasonic Plasma Questions  (Read 15955 times)

Offline babed95

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A few Panasonic Plasma Questions
« Reply #150 on: Sep 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM »
@gaol

not sure, but we can see that pattern when the t.v is off (room lights open) for the pv80, s10, and to a much lighter extent on the c10. i haven't seen that on our g11 though...
oo nga nakikita ko lng yun cross pattern na yan pag naka off ang t.v pro pag bukas khit t.v lng di ko makita yan.

Offline babed95

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Sep 25, 2009 at 11:29 AM »
ibalik ko lang dun sa cross-hatch question.  so, should this be a cause for any worry?  my pv8 also shows something similar after i turn it off.
i think yun yata ang anti reflective coating dati na yatang na post yan di ko lng maalala kung saan pro di naman apektado ang performance nya same hir i got pv8 nakikita ko rin yan pag naka off pro ok lng pag bukas naman wla eh.

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Sep 26, 2009 at 12:31 AM »
For the most part, we're generally unimpressed with the S10. The same way we were not blown away with the PY800 shortly after it was released (observations drawn after a 720p panel purchase).

My previous impression of the PY800:

I agree with Clondalkin, it seems the S10 is a stripped down 1080p plasma with very little innovations to offer. The S10 will be a good 1080p plasma purchase provided you're not coming from, or upgrading from a 2008/2007 model.

Based on my experience with Panasonic plasma models, I'll do a run-down from best to "wanting" in-terms of price to performance.

1 Panasonic G11
2 Panasonic C10
3 Panasonic PV80/PV70 - Yes, it's a close tie for me (you'd be very happy with either one)
4 Panasonic PY800
5 Panasonic S10

Just my personal take.

POST UPDATE: If I could backtrack my purchases, I'd surely go without the S10 and the PY800.

Sorry had to transfer my reply here from the previous thread because my follow-up would be OT in the S10 thread.

Anyway, am wondering if I made the right decision in buying the PV80 over the C10.  Although they were priced similarly at the time I bought it, and I think I do need the AR of the PV80.  Anyway, no regrets pa naman for me and have not yet called the guys at SnS to calibrate the TV for me.  Di ko napansin at that time yung X10 because some forums have been saying that both C10 and X10 have no AR.  Probably wrong.

In any case, if I go for a 50 inch model, would you think the 30k extra for the G10 is worth it over the C10?
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2009 at 12:34 AM by dips15 »

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #153 on: Sep 26, 2009 at 01:09 AM »
Sorry had to transfer my reply here from the previous thread because my follow-up would be OT in the S10 thread.

Anyway, am wondering if I made the right decision in buying the PV80 over the C10.  Although they were priced similarly at the time I bought it, and I think I do need the AR of the PV80.  Anyway, no regrets pa naman for me and have not yet called the guys at SnS to calibrate the TV for me.  Di ko napansin at that time yung X10 because some forums have been saying that both C10 and X10 have no AR.  Probably wrong.

In any case, if I go for a 50 inch model, would you think the 30k extra for the G10 is worth it over the C10?

The difference between the PV80 and the C10 is marginal. I simply prefer the C10 because of it's reflective screen which pumps out a glossy picture that I really like (Thanks to barrister for pointing this out).

The G11 is, in almost every way better than the C10. Setting aside budget constraints or practicality, anyone should go for the G11 without thought. However, if economics and the aforementioned practicality comes to play, I'd say: The G11 is not 30 thousand pesos better than the C10. ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2009 at 01:11 AM by Carlo777 »