Author Topic: Polk Audio Rti Series  (Read 186691 times)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Polk Audio Rti Series
« Reply #270 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 12:16 PM »
Sir Courage:

LED TV manual, check!
Onkyo 509 manual, check!

Regarding the banana plugs, did you get any free ones when you got your A3's? Or do I have to buy my own? I thought it was included already kasi. Just in case, are the "Sewell" brands being sold in the forum any good? Or do you know any other place to get good ones?

Thanks chief!

Update:
Cable measurements, Check!

Di sya included nung bumili ako...

Anyway any brand will do, kahit yung nag bebenta dun nang 100 pesos per pair ok din yun.. YUng sewell mukang ok, mas madali sya kesa dun sa close screw.. Nahirapan pa ako dun sa close screw type kasi wala akong maliit na screw driver he he he

Mas ok naka banana, ma peprevent mo pa na mag short ang mga loose strands na wire... Isa pa mas madali mag arrange, sak sak hugot ka lang..
Walang Setup

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #271 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 10:07 PM »
Di sya included nung bumili ako...

Anyway any brand will do, kahit yung nag bebenta dun nang 100 pesos per pair ok din yun.. YUng sewell mukang ok, mas madali sya kesa dun sa close screw.. Nahirapan pa ako dun sa close screw type kasi wala akong maliit na screw driver he he he

Mas ok naka banana, ma peprevent mo pa na mag short ang mga loose strands na wire... Isa pa mas madali mag arrange, sak sak hugot ka lang..

Haha.. Actually I did some searching on the forum and found a discussion on it. I was rolling with laughter when I read the post about connecting the banana plugs to the "banana socket"! Hahaha..

Anyways, I was able to source out a decent P85 per pair in Listening Room in Megamall.
So after adding it to my list... banana plugs, check!

Tuesday down. 3 more days till Saturday!

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 10:17 PM »
Haha.. Actually I did some searching on the forum and found a discussion on it. I was rolling with laughter when I read the post about connecting the banana plugs to the "banana socket"! Hahaha..

Anyways, I was able to source out a decent P85 per pair in Listening Room in Megamall.
So after adding it to my list... banana plugs, check!

Tuesday down. 3 more days till Saturday!

Sir i ready mo na yung mga Lossless audio files mo he he he... Puro lossless na pinapatugtog ko..
Walang Setup

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 04:55 PM »
Sir i ready mo na yung mga Lossless audio files mo he he he... Puro lossless na pinapatugtog ko..

Haha..
That's right! that's another thing to keep me occupied.

But I'm getting setup for movies during the long break next week.
PS3 as blu-ray player (",)

Btw,
Two thumbs up to Marc and AVShop for the super service!
Two more days to go!
Yahoo! (",)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM »
Haha..
That's right! that's another thing to keep me occupied.

But I'm getting setup for movies during the long break next week.
PS3 as blu-ray player (",)

Btw,
Two thumbs up to Marc and AVShop for the super service!
Two more days to go!
Yahoo! (",)

Yup yup yup... REady those movies and audio files.. Same thing i did and still doing he he he...

I'm also using my PS3 as media player wala kasi akong NMT at Blueray DVD's so i'm playing HD AVI's, VOB and MPG using an external HDD connected to PS3, medyo limited nga lang ako to 3gig na file.. 3 na lang sir ang sleepless nights mo he he he...

I'll be going to Sir Marc shops tomorrow to demo the A4 and A6 he he he.. Demo lang
Walang Setup

Offline CARLITOCOOL

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Yo I'm Batman!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #275 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:22 PM »
OT sir:

How do you play HD AVIs sa PS3? Sorry Im really clueless on this :)
Panasonic TH-55ST30 3D Plasma
Onkyo TX-SR608
Mission M34i
Mission MX-C2
Mission MX-1
SVS PB10 N

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:36 PM »
OT sir:

I'm using an external hdd connected via USB.

Kung more than 30gig ang external drive mo sir, you need to partition it. Make a 32gig Fat32 partition for PS3 use only, the rest of the space can be NTFS.

You can use that 32gig FAT32 as your storage for videos and music. Just plug your USB HDD and the ps3 will detect it.

Problem with PS3 as a video source kokonti ang format and codec, unlike NMT's pero kung walang NMT pwedeng pag tyagaan ang PS3...

So far na paplay ko are AVI's, MPG, MP4, VOB

Also you cant put a file that is more than 4 gig sa Fat32 File system, so kung 4 gig anng file mo you need to split it in half, kaso masyadong madaming trabaho mag split...

Best way to play a 4gig or more file sa PS3 is via Media Server... Kung mas mababa dun you can easily use the external drive...

Thumbdrive will do also...
Walang Setup

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM »
OT sir:

I think AVI's are supported on the PS3.

I use my Xtreamer for the .mkv files.

Btw, if you have a Mac, here's what I discovered, PLEX Media Player can play most movie formats and even lossless audio.
Audio can be output vie the MiniDisplay port with an HDMI adaptor (for newer Mid 2010 MAcs with NVidia 320M Graphics), or using a Toslink cable with adaptor and connecting it to the Digital In/Out  of the Macbook to the Receiver.
The best thing is.. Plex is FREE!

Sir Courage:
Auditioning at AVShop has a "try now buy later-but-sooner-than-expected effect!"
Hahaha..
Happy audi tomorrow!
Got some lossless files na of Air Supply, Toto, James Taylor and Simply Red for testing!
Hahaha..

I'm heading to sleep to speed up the time!

Good night PDVD Gang!

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 05:04 PM »
I think AVI's are supported on the PS3.

I use my Xtreamer for the .mkv files.

Btw, if you have a Mac, here's what I discovered, PLEX Media Player can play most movie formats and even lossless audio.
Audio can be output vie the MiniDisplay port with an HDMI adaptor (for newer Mid 2010 MAcs with NVidia 320M Graphics), or using a Toslink cable with adaptor and connecting it to the Digital In/Out  of the Macbook to the Receiver.
The best thing is.. Plex is FREE!

Sir Courage:
Auditioning at AVShop has a "try now buy later-but-sooner-than-expected effect!"
Hahaha..
Happy audi tomorrow!
Got some lossless files na of Air Supply, Toto, James Taylor and Simply Red for testing!
Hahaha..

I'm heading to sleep to speed up the time!

Good night PDVD Gang!

Brader,

i was at AVSHOP kanina and auditioned the CSi A4 and 6, nakita ko dun yung mga RTi's mo naka box and ready for pickup na or deliver ba yun? Also saw the guys from Onkyo delivered the 509.. para sayo ata yun he he he....2 509's yung nakita ko dun.. isa daw para sayo... Congrats brader...
Walang Setup

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 806
« Reply #279 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 05:06 PM »
Brader,

i was at AVSHOP kanina and auditioned the CSi A4 and 6, nakita ko dun yung mga RTi's mo naka box and ready for pickup na or deliver ba yun? Also saw the guys from Onkyo delivered the 509.. para sayo ata yun he he he....2 509's yung nakita ko dun.. isa daw para sayo... Congrats brader...

So which one are you taking or took home? A4 or A6?  ;)
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 07:36 PM »
So which one are you taking or took home? A4 or A6?  ;)

None yet, but the A6 won he he he....Will get this May pa.. Need to sell some of my stuff pa pandagdag sa budget...
Walang Setup

Offline stan1196

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #281 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 08:05 PM »
None yet, but the A6 won he he he....Will get this May pa.. Need to sell some of my stuff pa pandagdag sa budget...

bro, what's the difference between a4 and a6 when you audition these two speakers?
Aiyima Rotel CD11 Tribute Focal Chora 806 QED XT125

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 08:14 PM »
bro, what's the difference between a4 and a6 when you audition these two speakers?

Mas buo yung tunog nang A6 compared to A4, parang the A6 has bigger sound.. hirap describe he he he..Maganda rin yung A4 but kung may budget ka get the A6...problem lang with this is the size.. Ang laki nya..
Walang Setup

Offline stan1196

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 08:19 PM »
Mas buo yung tunog nang A6 compared to A4, parang the A6 has bigger sound.. hirap describe he he he..Maganda rin yung A4 but kung may budget ka get the A6...problem lang with this is the size.. Ang laki nya..

I'm thinking of getting the A4 sana for my RTi A3.. But with your observation, I need to audition these two center speakers para di ako magsisi sa huli... hay ...
Aiyima Rotel CD11 Tribute Focal Chora 806 QED XT125

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 08:38 PM »
I'm thinking of getting the A4 sana for my RTi A3.. But with your observation, I need to audition these two center speakers para di ako magsisi sa huli... hay ...

Di ka naman mag sisisi with A4, when i first listened to it it was very very nice, maganda sya tumunog. comparing to other speakers that i auditioned panalo ang A4. It was actually on my buy list na... kaso pinadinig kasi sa akin yung A6 kaya ayun... Maganda ang A4 kaso mas maganda yung more expensive na bigger brother nya...i guess that's the reason it's more expensive..

Wala akong negative feedback with the A4, talaga lang mas maganda tumunog yung malaki he he he....Kasalanan ni sir Marc lahat kaya napapamahal mga binibili ko he he he... Sorry sir Marc, just kidding...
Walang Setup

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 11:14 PM »
Di ka naman mag sisisi with A4, when i first listened to it it was very very nice, maganda sya tumunog. comparing to other speakers that i auditioned panalo ang A4. It was actually on my buy list na... kaso pinadinig kasi sa akin yung A6 kaya ayun... Maganda ang A4 kaso mas maganda yung more expensive na bigger brother nya...i guess that's the reason it's more expensive..

Wala akong negative feedback with the A4, talaga lang mas maganda tumunog yung malaki he he he....Kasalanan ni sir Marc lahat kaya napapamahal mga binibili ko he he he... Sorry sir Marc, just kidding...

Ha ha. :) bigger is better when it comes to center speakers. :)

Offline bryan338

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Apr 16, 2011 at 11:10 PM »
malaking improvement ba kung upgrade ako from tsi to rti? as in parang langit at lupa ba ang sound difference hehe. isip ko kasi kung stay ako same brand kung upgrade. rti a9 or b&w 683

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Apr 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM »
malaking improvement ba kung upgrade ako from tsi to rti? as in parang langit at lupa ba ang sound difference hehe. isip ko kasi kung stay ako same brand kung upgrade. rti a9 or b&w 683

lets me put it this way, i auditioned the TSi400 and the RTi A3 side by side, i even tried to blind test and i ended up buying the latter.  ;)   so if you are eying the flagship RTi a9, comparison to any model from the tsi series would be no contest imo. RTi is a step higher. i think the a9 will measure up better with the 683. better to audition them because they sound different. ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM by pa3ck608 »
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Apr 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM »

I was set to buy the TSi and yung 2nd option ko was Infinity... SO during audition naglalaban ang Infinity and Polk TSi sa utak ko... they were both good... Eh may naka display na RTi.. so sabi ko paki kabit para marinig ko lang...

Ayun imbis na TSI or Infinity ang iwui ko RTi ang dinala ko sa bahay...

RTi A9 against TSi400... RTi is clearly the winner on any TSi...Never heard the B&W sing so i cant compare to that...

But RTi A9 is like my dream speakers... and soon it will be mine.. For now im just dreamin about it...
Walang Setup

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #289 on: Apr 17, 2011 at 01:47 AM »
lets me put it this way, i auditioned the TSi400 and the RTi A3 side by side, i even tried to blind test and i ended up buying the latter.  ;)   so if you are eying the flagship RTi a9, comparison to any model from the tsi series would be no contest imo. RTi is a step higher. i think the a9 will measure up better with the 683. better to audition them because they sound different. ;)

Both the A9 and the 683 will take what power you can give them. It takes a lot of power to saturate them or drive them to compression. Both can handle the most powerful AVRs out there, and would likely stay with you over the long run (amdist AVR or power amp upgrades). The A9 is even suitable for playing full range (the 683 might also do it to a more limited extent).

Offline bryan338

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Apr 17, 2011 at 02:29 AM »
thanks sa reply, medyo sisi nga ako sa tsi nag impulsive buying kasi ako ngayon gusto ko upgrade hehe, may go signal kasi kay commander na upgrade kaya eto research.  na audition kasi namin ni misis yung b&w but cm9 model nainlove kame sa sound kaso sobrang pricey dito nasa $1500 each. yung rti a9 and b&w 683 naman halos same price $1500 pair na,  wala ako ma audition dito ng rti a9 dito kaya tanong tanong hehe. tnx again mga masters

Offline plapoy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Apr 17, 2011 at 04:27 PM »
thanks sa reply, medyo sisi nga ako sa tsi nag impulsive buying kasi ako ngayon gusto ko upgrade hehe, may go signal kasi kay commander na upgrade kaya eto research.  na audition kasi namin ni misis yung b&w but cm9 model nainlove kame sa sound kaso sobrang pricey dito nasa $1500 each. yung rti a9 and b&w 683 naman halos same price $1500 pair na,  wala ako ma audition dito ng rti a9 dito kaya tanong tanong hehe. tnx again mga masters

Wow sir bryan.. ang ganda ng A9... top of the line ng RTI.. gusto ko sana sa next upgrade ko eto na rin mabili ko.. kaya lang mejo mahal na sya...  ;D dream ko talaga to kahit hindi kopa naririnig.  :D im pretty sure kuhang kuha nito panlasa ko.. ;)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 07:21 PM »
Wow sir bryan.. ang ganda ng A9... top of the line ng RTI.. gusto ko sana sa next upgrade ko eto na rin mabili ko.. kaya lang mejo mahal na sya...  ;D dream ko talaga to kahit hindi kopa naririnig.  :D im pretty sure kuhang kuha nito panlasa ko.. ;)

SUmama ka sa amin sir pag dumating na kina sir AVSHOP ang A9 para madinig natin.. Plano naming bisitahin si sir Marc pag dating nang A9..
Walang Setup

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #293 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 07:44 PM »
SUmama ka sa amin sir pag dumating na kina sir AVSHOP ang A9 para madinig natin.. Plano naming bisitahin si sir Marc pag dating nang A9..

Meron duong A9, hindi ko lang alam kung sold na. :D Ask mo na lang si Sir Marc.

Offline cls

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 07:56 PM »
Brader,

OT: available na 509 locally?

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 08:01 PM »
Meron duong A9, hindi ko lang alam kung sold na. :D Ask mo na lang si Sir Marc.

Wala sir, A7 lang meron dun.. was there last friday.. Sabi ni Sir Marc may papadating daw...
Walang Setup

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 08:22 PM »
Hey bro, let me know when you guys are going so I can try to be there too.  Honestly, I don't think the A9 will fit our place but I figure if there is big difference over the A7 even at low power levels it till still be in the running.
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline plapoy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 08:35 PM »

Wow sir Courage salamat sa invite.. Sana pwede ako pag pupunta kayo.. sobrang hectic sked sa office eh..

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 08:45 PM »
Wow sir Courage salamat sa invite.. Sana pwede ako pag pupunta kayo.. sobrang hectic sked sa office eh..

Dont worry sir, plan is during weekends..Tamang kwentuhan na rin and palitan nang ideas at syempre para magkakilakilala tayo dito
Walang Setup

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 09:38 PM »
Dont worry sir, plan is during weekends..Tamang kwentuhan na rin and palitan nang ideas at syempre para magkakilakilala tayo dito

a9 arrived in the shop na. should have it ready for audition by saturday. :)