Author Topic: Polk Audio Rti Series  (Read 186712 times)

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Polk Audio Rti Series
« Reply #390 on: May 06, 2011 at 05:14 PM »
So what i did was muted all the channel except for center and played a movie na puro dialogue then while listening i started to play with the crossover settings of my yammy. Center lang anng may tunog so i can concentrate on the SQ. While i change my xover from 120-110-90-80 i noticed a huge difference..

newbie po here
@courage, pano ma mute un ibang speaker excpet s center? sori pero ONkyo un akin and baka alam nyo po. TIA!

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #391 on: May 06, 2011 at 05:18 PM »
newbie po here
@courage, pano ma mute un ibang speaker excpet s center? sori pero ONkyo un akin and baka alam nyo po. TIA!

If I'm not mistaken(wala pa kasi ako sa bahay, hehe), what you can do is to go to speaker settings and select mo yung option "NONE" sa lahat ng speakers except center. BTW Onkyo din gamit ko and that's what I do.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #392 on: May 06, 2011 at 09:09 PM »
newbie po here

Yamaha kasi sir ang AVR ko and may option dun to Mute any or all speakers so you can isolate a sound from any speakers including the sub..I dont know about the Onkyo's, you can check your speaker settings if there is such, or you can go with brader louie's suggestion of setting them to none? Just dont know kung pwede mong i non yung fronts kasi sa Yamaha di pwedeng walang fronts eh but the rest can be set to none...
Walang Setup

Offline napshell571

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: May 06, 2011 at 09:25 PM »
Yamaha kasi sir ang AVR ko and may option dun to Mute any or all speakers so you can isolate a sound from any speakers including the sub..I dont know about the Onkyo's, you can check your speaker settings if there is such, or you can go with brader louie's suggestion of setting them to none? Just dont know kung pwede mong i non yung fronts kasi sa Yamaha di pwedeng walang fronts eh but the rest can be set to none...

@ sir crazyhog, Yammy din po ang receiver ko sir and my experience is that some p*****d dvds played on center channel alone, but, they sucks, sir. Why don't you just use your display's speakers if that' s your purpose?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011 at 09:35 PM by napshell571 »

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2011 at 07:39 PM »
@ Courage:

Bro, I have greatly improved SQ!
One word - MoPads!
Hehehe..

The harsh mids were a result of placing my speakers on top of a wooden entertainment center instead of having separate stands for each piece.
(",)

Did some research and got to get some from Mike C!
Yahoo!

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: May 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM »
Wow!

Tahimik dito a!
Panay listening and watching mode na siguro... Hehehe..

Question, how far should the RTi's be from the wall?
Should the power port almost touch the wall?

My concern is, if I do that, it puts more surface area of the shelf I'm placing my speakers on.
Wouldn't that cause unwanted reflections?

I'm planning to push the speakers forward , a little over the edge of the Entertainment stand.

Or should I really get speaker stands?

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #396 on: May 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM »
Wow!

Tahimik dito a!
Panay listening and watching mode na siguro... Hehehe..

Question, how far should the RTi's be from the wall?
Should the power port almost touch the wall?

My concern is, if I do that, it puts more surface area of the shelf I'm placing my speakers on.
Wouldn't that cause unwanted reflections?

I'm planning to push the speakers forward , a little over the edge of the Entertainment stand.

Or should I really get speaker stands?

Get speaker stands na lang, or wall-mount those speakers. :)

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #397 on: May 18, 2011 at 01:18 PM »
get a pair of speaker stands. very useful if you want to toe-in the speakers during listening sessions plus mas pogi tingnan ang RTi A3 on stands  ;D
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: May 18, 2011 at 01:23 PM »
get a pair of speaker stands. very useful if you want to toe-in the speakers during listening sessions plus mas pogi tingnan ang RTi A3 on stands  ;D

+1, Ang pogi pag nasa stand..
Walang Setup

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: May 18, 2011 at 01:25 PM »
@pa3ck608,Stagea, Courage:

Oh no! Hahahaha.. bagong upgrade uli! :)
Hehehehe..

Hmmm.. sayang naman yung MoPads ko if I get stands..
What if..
- I install L-bracket type wooden shelves on both sides of the TV
- then I put the RTi's on top of the MoPads, on top of the shelf.. (para, wall mounted and able to toe-in)

How high should the wall mount be? midpoint of TV, or upper part aligned or lower part aligned?

Thanks for the input!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011 at 01:26 PM by jcsantamarina »

Offline joshwachubby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2011 at 06:42 PM »
Hello guys , bought polk audio RTi series sa SNS last year pa . .Share nio daw yung audyssey settings nio? My equipment are in my sig .Ito sa akin . . .The fronts are set to small instead to full band as recommended by most experts . .

1.) RTi A7 fronts - 40HZ @ -5db (left) ; -3.5db (right)
2.) CSi A6 Center - 40HZ @ -6db
3.) FXi A4 Surrounds - 40HZ @ -5db (right surround); -5.5db (left surround)
4.) DSW pro 500 sub - 120HZ @ -4db
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011 at 08:54 PM by joshwachubby »
Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708
Polk Audio RTi A7's, CSi A6's, FXi A4's; DSW PRO 500 Subwoofer

Offline pa3ck608

• DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2011 at 09:20 PM »
Hello guys , bought polk audio RTi series sa SNS last year pa . .Share nio daw yung audyssey settings nio? My equipment are in my sig .Ito sa akin . . .The fronts are set to small instead to full band as recommended by most experts . .

1.) RTi A7 fronts - 40HZ @ -5db (left) ; -3.5db (right)
2.) CSi A6 Center - 40HZ @ -6db
3.) FXi A4 Surrounds - 40HZ @ -5db (right surround); -5.5db (left surround)
4.) DSW pro 500 sub - 120HZ @ -4db

i have a smaller set of speaks, but we have exactly the same crossover settings for all the channels after i did the audyssey calib, although the db are different.  i tried to adjust the fronts crossover to 50hz,  naging mas ok for me...i think. my room size btw is about 13 x 15 feet

Offline joshwachubby

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: May 22, 2011 at 10:16 PM »
i have a smaller set of speaks, but we have exactly the same crossover settings for all the channels after i did the audyssey calib, although the db are different.  i tried to adjust the fronts crossover to 50hz,  naging mas ok for me...i think. my room size btw is about 13 x 15 feet

Pati room mo exact tau ng size hehehe . .How bout your decibel levels? :) The levels that audyssey set are all in the negative. In effect, I have to crank up the volume in my onkyo receiver. Now, the crossover set by audyssey can only be increased as decreasing the crossover frequencies set by the audyssey would in effect deactivate the filters applied by audyssey (I really researched on this lolz).How bout the decibel levelS? Is it just safe to increase the decibel levels so that I do not have to crank up the volume in my receiver? Or would it also deactivate the filters applied by the audyssey (this I do not have any idea lolz) hehe . .Thanks :)
Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #403 on: May 23, 2011 at 03:15 AM »
Pati room mo exact tau ng size hehehe . .How bout your decibel levels? :) The levels that audyssey set are all in the negative. In effect, I have to crank up the volume in my onkyo receiver. Now, the crossover set by audyssey can only be increased as decreasing the crossover frequencies set by the audyssey would in effect deactivate the filters applied by audyssey (I really researched on this lolz).How bout the decibel levelS? Is it just safe to increase the decibel levels so that I do not have to crank up the volume in my receiver? Or would it also deactivate the filters applied by the audyssey (this I do not have any idea lolz) hehe . .Thanks :)
Here's my hunch:

I think it sticks to the negative side for your setup to align the volume control dB scale. In a smaller room where the speakers are closer to the listening position (plus there is more cabin gain), it would need less amplifier output to get the same intensity (this is especially true since your speakers are easy to drive). Audyssey probably compensates for this by pulling down the channel levels. This way, the volume scale of your system will be "correct" and would scale similarly to other calibrated systems in very different rooms.

Offline pa3ck608

• DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: May 23, 2011 at 08:17 AM »

this is what the audio setup of the receiver looked like after audyssey.
bass: +2 db
treble: +4 db
center: +1 db
subwoofer: -11 db (the volume gain of my sub is at 1 o'clock)
dynamic eq: on
dynamic volume: light
sound optimizer: on

yung center na lng ang inaadjust ko dito, but the rest of the setting i leave them as they are. master volume level usually between -35 to -25 db lng pinaka malakas ko. i just rely on my ears. hehe  ;D mukang correct si stagea i think the size of the room in relation to the speaker placement are a big factor. btw, my 608 is only 2eq, unlike yours.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011 at 08:24 AM by pa3ck608 »

Offline plapoy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2011 at 09:42 AM »
Good Day mga Sir

I recently got my 608 for my RTI A3.. sa ngayon kinakapa ko pa po yung AVR ko since newbie lang din po ako dito sa hobby na ito.. I would like to ask for your advice regarding the audyssey calibration..
Parang mahina po kasi yung settings ko kasi yung volume ko is nasa 70 to attain yung listening level ko..

Front : 80hz
Center: none
Surround: none
Sub: 120hz

Thanks for your reply :D

Offline joshwachubby

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2011 at 10:37 AM »
@ pa3ck608 @ Stagea , Thanks! :)

I recalibrate ko ulit . .hehe . .Kasi iniba ko mga settings after audyssey . .So, Ill just everything again and this time I won't touch any setting at all after calibration :)

@ playpoy

Same tayo ng experience.  .Normal lang yan daw as posted above :) ako mga 65 ang listening levels ko lolz
Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708

Offline joshwachubby

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: May 23, 2011 at 08:15 PM »
After 6 months of tight schedule, I finally calibrated my RTi's . .I have 2 opinions on these speakers :

1.) Movies - Superb. Hands down the best speaker I have ever heard (had mordaunt short before) .
2.) Music - I do not know. I am really not feeling exactly what I felt running it with HD movies .

I have tried everything settings possible on my receiver that I know. But still, I am not getting the sound that "wows" me. I have a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 in my PC and the sound it produces "wows" me. Concert BD movies really sound good. However, Flac files; Audio Cd's; Mp3 and Etc really sound mediocre. So, does this mean that my Polk speakers are optimized for Movies?? Need help  :(

Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 806
« Reply #408 on: May 23, 2011 at 10:31 PM »
After 6 months of tight schedule, I finally calibrated my RTi's . .I have 2 opinions on these speakers :

1.) Movies - Superb. Hands down the best speaker I have ever heard (had mordaunt short before) .
2.) Music - I do not know. I am really not feeling exactly what I felt running it with HD movies .

I have tried everything settings possible on my receiver that I know. But still, I am not getting the sound that "wows" me. I have a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 in my PC and the sound it produces "wows" me. Concert BD movies really sound good. However, Flac files; Audio Cd's; Mp3 and Etc really sound mediocre. So, does this mean that my Polk speakers are optimized for Movies?? Need help  :(

I think if you use a stereo amp with your RTI's it'll probably wow you.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: May 23, 2011 at 10:35 PM »

Did you audition the RTi's A7 before you bought it? I heard those connected to a stereo amp and a CD player and all i can say is wow.....
Walang Setup

Offline pa3ck608

• DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: May 23, 2011 at 11:06 PM »
Did you audition the RTi's A7 before you bought it? I heard those connected to a stereo amp and a CD player and all i can say is wow.....

kumbaga, may ibubuga pa yan a7. i even remember stageA showing me the frequency response plot of the RTi A's, relatively close to flat which means na maayos talaga tumonog ang RTi, even the A1. so if paired with a good stereo amp, im sure you will hear big improvements on music.

Offline plapoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: May 24, 2011 at 05:37 AM »
@ pa3ck608 @ Stagea , Thanks! :)

@ playpoy

Same tayo ng experience.  .Normal lang yan daw as posted above :) ako mga 65 ang listening levels ko lolz

@sir joshwa,

ganon po ba sir.. akala ko kasi parang mali yung naging settings ko.. Anyway nag recalibrate po ako.. iba na po yung naging result ng audyssey calibration ko..

Front: 40hz
Sub: 120hz at -10db
Bass: 0db
Treble : 0db
Dynamic EQ : On
Dynamic Vol: Off
M Optimizer: off

Feeling ko mas ok yung setting plus in adjust ko po yung IntelliVol ko +10db as per manual pag mahina yung output nya.. sa ngayon po nasa 60 po yung volume ko..  :D Salamat salamat po sir.. ;)

Offline joshwachubby

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: May 24, 2011 at 06:10 AM »
kumbaga, may ibubuga pa yan a7. i even remember stageA showing me the frequency response plot of the RTi A's, relatively close to flat which means na maayos talaga tumonog ang RTi, even the A1. so if paired with a good stereo amp, im sure you will hear big improvements on music.

Thanks mga experts :) It does not sound bad, it just can not compare to the output sound when playing movies. Yup, I did audition it. I am just using the onkyo 708. Aha!! so kailangan pala ng stereo amp. Thanks guys, this is really rocket science for me .  . . hehehe
Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: May 24, 2011 at 06:23 AM »
Thanks mga experts :) It does not sound bad, it just can not compare to the output sound when playing movies. Yup, I did audition it. I am just using the onkyo 708. Aha!! so kailangan pala ng stereo amp. Thanks guys, this is really rocket science for me .  . . hehehe

When you auditioned it, did you try listening to music? What was your impression listening to music during the time you are auditioning it? Is it same impression when you get home?
Walang Setup

Offline jcsantamarina

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: May 24, 2011 at 06:40 AM »

What listening mode are you using on your Onkyo when listening to your music?
I have best music sound when I listen using the "Pure Audio" mode.

I also tried the suggestions of the other members to set speakers to Large when in music mode.
(",)

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: May 24, 2011 at 07:43 AM »
What listening mode are you using on your Onkyo when listening to your music?
I have best music sound when I listen using the "Pure Audio" mode.

I also tried the suggestions of the other members to set speakers to Large when in music mode.
(",)

Receivers are lousy for listening in Stereo mode. I bought a T amp for 9th bucks that demolishes my Onkyo 608 in stereo mode.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: May 24, 2011 at 07:44 AM »
@sir joshwa,

ganon po ba sir.. akala ko kasi parang mali yung naging settings ko.. Anyway nag recalibrate po ako.. iba na po yung naging result ng audyssey calibration ko..

Front: 40hz
Dynamic Vol: Off

Feeling ko mas ok yung setting plus in adjust ko po yung IntelliVol ko +10db as per manual pag mahina yung output nya.. sa ngayon po nasa 60 po yung volume ko..  :D Salamat salamat po sir.. ;)

Try setting Dynamic Volume to "Light" and see if you like it.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline plapoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: May 24, 2011 at 08:13 AM »
Try setting Dynamic Volume to "Light" and see if you like it.

Sir Conan mas gumanda at naging detailed yung sounds pag naka light yung dynamic volume (jazz po yung music na natry ko).. salamat sir sa advise..  :D eto po yung settings ko po ngayon..

Source is PC plug in to aux line in
Front: 80hz
Dynamic Vol: Light

Eto po yung napansin ko sa settings..

Pag mga jazz at slow rock po yung music.. mas ok po sakin yung Music mode nya (Direct).. then pag mga hip hop rnb naman po mas ok yung settings sa taas..

By the way yung front po ginawa kong 80hz kasi feeling ko mas hirap yung speaker kapag naka 40hz sya. tapos yung subs ko parang wala pag naka 40hz.. then nun ginawa kong 80hz mas lumakas po sya.. bakit po kaya ganon?..

Offline Cosmic79

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: May 24, 2011 at 08:37 AM »

By the way yung front po ginawa kong 80hz kasi feeling ko mas hirap yung speaker kapag naka 40hz sya. tapos yung subs ko parang wala pag naka 40hz.. then nun ginawa kong 80hz mas lumakas po sya.. bakit po kaya ganon?..

Di ako expert though ang pagka-alam ko for front speakers better yung higher ang settings like 80khz or nasa "Large" ang fronts mo para may bass din na pumapasok. Eto kasi ang advise ng mga audio shops.
Audio Hobbyist

Offline plapoy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: May 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM »
Receivers are lousy for listening in Stereo mode. I bought a T amp for 9th bucks that demolishes my Onkyo 608 in stereo mode.

I agree with this sir Conan.. I also have T-amp but DTA-1 only.. more detailed yung sounds nya compare sa onkyo..

Di ako expert though ang pagka-alam ko for front speakers better yung higher ang settings like 80khz or nasa "Large" ang fronts mo para may bass din na pumapasok. Eto kasi ang advise ng mga audio shops.

Ok sir salamat po sa input..  :D I'll try different settings pa when i get my HDMI cable.. hirap kasi tignan sa receiver..  :D