Author Topic: Cignal satellite cable  (Read 920688 times)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 342
Re: Cignal satellite cable
« Reply #2400 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 05:01 PM »
@Wiggum:

Thanks bro, as far as I know my HT(AVR) has a coax in.
also based in the links of specs(http://www.sony-mea.com/product/dav-dz570/specs) I provided. It says there that audio line in/out (coax).

Where did you buy your Coax cable? any brand can you suggest? also how much does it cost? (lol so much questions  ^-^ )

Thanks again!

The digital coaxial cable came with my AVR. But you can check the PDVD Marketplace - there are lots of quality cables being sold there. Not expensive.
We deserve better.

Offline johnnybravoxp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2401 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 06:46 AM »
^ I'm not an expert on these things and not sure if this helps, but I was able to make the Dolby audio setting on my Pace STB work recently by using a digital coaxial cable connection, via the digital audio out port (orange) of the Pace STB to the digital audio in port of my AVR. Presumably, your HT has a similar port for incoming digital audio signals. In effect, I just diverted the audio coming from my STB directly to my AVR to get the Dolby sound, while the video signal from the STB continues to go to my TV via the HDMI connection.

Not sure how did you did this, but is there a setting in PACE gui to divert the audio Digital Audio Out instead of HDMI?

I tried doing the same setup to no avail. Walang lumabas na sounds either through the Digital Out (Orange), or yung regular Left Right Audito RCAs.

Offline tifosi_pao

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2402 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 09:04 AM »
FYI guys:

New Cignal HD Postpaid Price
visit: http://cignal.tv/Postpaid.aspx
also visit their newest promo: A chance to win 32" LED TV! wow! Amazingly Real!!

Guys, pwede kayo magrefer sa akin pag may kilala kayong magpapakabit ng CignalTV. ;)
Thanks! God bless us all!
balak ko magpakabit nito, so tama ba compute ko:
initial cash out:
-790 msf in advance plus 100 monthly warranty
-one time 1k install fee
-1890 total right?

afterwards ang monthly ko is 790 + 100 = 890

magkano pala pa add ng 2nd box?

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2403 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 03:49 PM »
@Wiggum:

Sir I got my digital coax, ButI haven't tried it yet. Weekly kasi ako nauwi sa bahay namin :P.

Hope the setup you recommended would work, if not please help again :)

Thanks!

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2404 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 03:58 PM »
balak ko magpakabit nito, so tama ba compute ko:
initial cash out:
-790 msf in advance plus 100 monthly warranty
-one time 1k install fee
-1890 total right?

afterwards ang monthly ko is 790 + 100 = 890

magkano pala pa add ng 2nd box?

@tifosi_pao:

Yup it'll be 890 monthly. But if you apply now or until Mar. 31, 2013. You'll get 3 months free subscription. Like mine. But you'll still pay P100 for those 3 months free, because warranty fee is not included on the 3msf promo.

Regarding to your initial cashout, that will depend on the installer. If you reside from province like me (cavite), the installation fee will be different.
Heres the breakdown of my initial cashout:
-1 month advance : 790
-1 month warranty fee: 100
- Installation fee: 1500
- fee for extra cable(kinulang kasi ung 15mtrs na free): 50
-total initial cashout: P2440

And lastly regarding sa 2nd box, Uhm I have no idea. you may want to ask sir Pentium4. I think he is a dealer of Cignal.

^-^

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2405 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 04:02 PM »
Not sure how did you did this, but is there a setting in PACE gui to divert the audio Digital Audio Out instead of HDMI?

I tried doing the same setup to no avail. Walang lumabas na sounds either through the Digital Out (Orange), or yung regular Left Right Audito RCAs.

@johnnybravoxp:

I think naka default settings pa ung audio mo. I haven't tried the setup po ni sir Wiggum, kasi kakakuha ko palang ng digital coax ko. But I think you missed something, your PaceHD audio settings is still on "PCM" mode, you should changed it to "Dolby 5.1".  For instruction on how to do that, you can check the manual included on the box.

Sir johnnybravoxp, Balitaan mo ako pag nag work ah. This weekend ko pa kasi ma try ung sakin.

Thanks

Offline pentium4

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2406 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 04:28 PM »
2nd box is 500 only for installation fee on same day.
add splitter and the outlet fee of 230.

your monthly will be 230 per month on the 2nd box.

@digitallg10: care to PM me your subscriber name sir, check ko lang. thanks!

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2407 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 04:55 PM »
2nd box is 500 only for installation fee on same day.
add splitter and the outlet fee of 230.

your monthly will be 230 per month on the 2nd box.

@digitallg10: care to PM me your subscriber name sir, check ko lang. thanks!

@Pentium4: Pm sent

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2408 on: Jan 23, 2013 at 06:24 PM »

The reply from digitallg10 to your post was going to be my answer. In the Settings for the Pace STB, there's an option there (under User Set-Up, IIRC) where you can switch your Audio signals from PCM (default) to Dolby. If you're using the Dolby setting, you won't get audio from the HD channels which provide Dolby sound (like NBA Premium, HBO HD) unless your Pace STB has that digital audio connection to your AVR (or as the Cignal people advised, to your TV which must be Dolby-ready).

But whether your STB audio setting is on PCM or Dolby, you're supposed to get sound from all the SD channels and the HD channels that don't provide Dolby sound (like Colours HD). If you still don't get audio from these other channels, I think the problem involves something else and you need to troubleshoot some more.

@Wiggum:

Sir I got my digital coax, ButI haven't tried it yet. Weekly kasi ako nauwi sa bahay namin :P.

Hope the setup you recommended would work, if not please help again :)

Thanks!

Again, I'm not an expert on these things, and I just proceeded based on sir columbia's earlier post on this thread and tried the STB-to-AVR connection via the digital coax. Fortunately, it solved an issue which I thought was related to the software update. Hope it also works for you, and I'll try to help if I can  :)
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2013 at 06:28 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline johnnybravoxp

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2409 on: Jan 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM »
@johnnybravoxp:

I think naka default settings pa ung audio mo. I haven't tried the setup po ni sir Wiggum, kasi kakakuha ko palang ng digital coax ko. But I think you missed something, your PaceHD audio settings is still on "PCM" mode, you should changed it to "Dolby 5.1".  For instruction on how to do that, you can check the manual included on the box.

Sir johnnybravoxp, Balitaan mo ako pag nag work ah. This weekend ko pa kasi ma try ung sakin.

Thanks

Actually, I already switched it to Dolby before wiring my Home Theater and HD Box via Digital Audio. (HD Box > Digital Audio Out > Audio Cable > Digital Audio In > Home Theater), to no avail.

I am thinking of getting the audio from my TV via TOS link. (Baka this weekend), but I'm sure that if it's possible, the TV will convert the audio to stereo which will defeat my purpose.

I have this doubt whether I am using the correct cable. I purchased this Audio Cable from ACE that looks very similar to composite RCA cable.

Can you show me the the wire that you are using?

The reply from digitallg10 to your post was going to be my answer. In the Settings for the Pace STB, there's an option there (under User Set-Up, IIRC) where you can switch your Audio signals from PCM (default) to Dolby. If you're using the Dolby setting, you won't get audio from the HD channels which provide Dolby sound (like NBA Premium, HBO HD) unless your Pace STB has that digital audio connection to your AVR (or as the Cignal people advised, to your TV which must be Dolby-ready).

But whether your STB audio setting is on PCM or Dolby, you're supposed to get sound from all the SD channels and the HD channels that don't provide Dolby sound (like Colours HD). If you still don't get audio from these other channels, I think the problem involves something else and you need to troubleshoot some more.

Again, I'm not an expert on these things, and I just proceeded based on sir columbia's earlier post on this thread and tried the STB-to-AVR connection via the digital coax. Fortunately, it solved an issue which I thought was related to the software update. Hope it also works for you, and I'll try to help if I can  :)

Thank you sir for clarifying. My TV supports Dolby, what confuses me if this Digital Audio Output can produce a 5.1 audio? With Toslink, my Media Player can transmit lossless audio to my HT, and can hear 5.1 sounds. TIA.

Offline pentium4

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2410 on: Jan 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM »
I did have the same thing... dunno why my Receiver cannot simply extract dolby from my Humax STB.
but I wired an optical digital cable from humax to receiver and voila! it is now dolby sounds.

how come hdmi will not work?

have not tried with Pace HD box yet.

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2411 on: Jan 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM »
Actually, I already switched it to Dolby before wiring my Home Theater and HD Box via Digital Audio. (HD Box > Digital Audio Out > Audio Cable > Digital Audio In > Home Theater), to no avail.

I am thinking of getting the audio from my TV via TOS link. (Baka this weekend), but I'm sure that if it's possible, the TV will convert the audio to stereo which will defeat my purpose.

I have this doubt whether I am using the correct cable. I purchased this Audio Cable from ACE that looks very similar to composite RCA cable.

Can you show me the the wire that you are using?

Thank you sir for clarifying. My TV supports Dolby, what confuses me if this Digital Audio Output can produce a 5.1 audio? With Toslink, my Media Player can transmit lossless audio to my HT, and can hear 5.1 sounds. TIA.

@johnnybravoxp:

Possible reason would be a wrong audio cable( I assume this because I read alot of reviews regarding digital coax and normal RCA, they say that normal RCA can't carry the digital signal cause of low bandwith).Digital Coax is same as the normal composite RCA cable, but with much thicker wires. I bought mine on Electronic Boutique, it cost only P299. But I haven't tried it yet as I'm still on work(weekly ako nauwi ^^).

goodluck :)

Offline johnnybravoxp

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2412 on: Jan 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM »
@johnnybravoxp:

Possible reason would be a wrong audio cable( I assume this because I read alot of reviews regarding digital coax and normal RCA, they say that normal RCA can't carry the digital signal cause of low bandwith).Digital Coax is same as the normal composite RCA cable, but with much thicker wires. I bought mine on Electronic Boutique, it cost only P299. But I haven't tried it yet as I'm still on work(weekly ako nauwi ^^).

goodluck :)

Thank you, bro. Buti pa sa Pentium, yung Humax nya may optical out which I preferred most.

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2413 on: Jan 24, 2013 at 02:15 PM »
@pentium4:

Sir you think ung USB ports ng PACEhd box si for Recording? Kasi even sa remote ng Pace may REC button eh. Sana kung may update man gawin nila un :D hehehe

Offline pentium4

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2414 on: Jan 24, 2013 at 02:18 PM »
@digitallg: for now it is only used for servicing

once they offer the STB with DVR functionality, it will be a new box.
the remote control has plenty of buttons un-used. because it is a multi function remote.
it can be programmed for other AV equipments.

Offline rastaman81

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2415 on: Jan 25, 2013 at 09:28 AM »
I hope Cignal will utilize their PPV Channels kasi sayang.

They can show ppv for the movies in the 2012 Manila Film Festival.  O0

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2416 on: Jan 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM »
the dolby sound coming from cignal's STB is terrible i rather set it to PCM. Their Dolby sound has to much reverberations on it even though the delay setting is set to the minimum w/c is 20msec.

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2417 on: Jan 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM »
I hope Cignal will utilize their PPV Channels kasi sayang.

They can show ppv for the movies in the 2012 Manila Film Festival.  O0

+1 sir :)

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2169
« Reply #2418 on: Jan 25, 2013 at 08:20 PM »
+1 sir :)
+2
Nung last time nga tagalog movie, nasiyahan naman kme.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline arjinn

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2419 on: Jan 25, 2013 at 10:16 PM »
sana may STARZ channel din sa pinas...
Samsung UA40D5500
Samsung BD 5100 | PS3 320GB Slim
Pioneer | Wharfedale

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2420 on: Jan 28, 2013 at 06:49 PM »
@Wiggum:

Sir got the connections working(STB>(HDMI)>TV and STB>(digital coax(audio))>HT), I'm setting up my speakers position to optimize the surround sound. But I have a problem with my TV. There is this notification on the screen saying "Unsupported audio signal..." and it is so annoying because it is blocking the lower right side of the display, sometimes when I'm watching NBA I can't see the scoreboard cause the notication is blocking it, also there is no option on the settings to clear it out( that notification is caused by the HDMI connection from STB to TV, my TV does not support dolby that's why it has that notifcation).

Now I have the solution to change my current setup of connections.

Current setup (with annoying notification):
STB>HDMI>TV (for video)
STB>digital coax>HT(for audio)

Now my planned setup:
STB>COMPONENT Cable>TV(for video)
STB>digital coax>HT(for audio)

My question is does the COMPONENT cable can output the same picture quality of the HDMI?

Thanks in advance. My question is not only for Wiggum :) hope you guys answer my post :)
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2013 at 06:49 PM by digitallg10 »

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2421 on: Jan 28, 2013 at 07:06 PM »
^ Sir, I think this online article gives the answer.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/221109/hdmi_vs_comp.html

You can google several other articles which provide the same answer.

Looks like your component video connection should be sufficient, considering the quality of the video signals coming from the STB. I understand that even the HD channels on Cignal are delivered at 720p resolution at best which, based on the articles, can be transmitted perfectly using a component video connection.
We deserve better.

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2422 on: Jan 28, 2013 at 07:25 PM »
^ Sir, I think this online article gives the answer.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/221109/hdmi_vs_comp.html

You can google several other articles which provide the same answer.

Looks like your component video connection should be sufficient, considering the quality of the video signals coming from the STB. I understand that even the HD channels on Cignal are delivered at 720p resolution at best which, based on the articles, can be transmitted perfectly using a component video connection.

Thanks Sir Wiggum for your quick response!

Need to buy those Component cables now and test it out :)

Offline heineken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2423 on: Jan 29, 2013 at 01:11 PM »
kung meron lang din ako decent HT hayzzz... hmmm come playoffs baka mapabili ako ng HT for Dolby Setup...

Offline Talkingdongkey

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2424 on: Jan 30, 2013 at 06:08 PM »
I am having problems with Cignal's Dolby Signals,

I switch my audio signal from PCM to Dolby 5.1. My audio is connected to my Amplifier via digital co-axial cable. The problem is that in a true Dolby Digital and/or DTS audio, the audio dialogue should be concentrated on the center speakers. And, this was the case for Fox Movies before Cignal announced their Dolby Digital Audio. in other words, prior to their Dolby announcement, Fox Movies broadcast is already in Dobly. But, for the rest of the HD channels back then, it was not and the dialogue was heard on all speakers. If you can hear the dialoge coming from your FL, FR, SL and SR speakers, then that is not Dolby 5.1

After the announcement that their HD channels are now in Dolby 5.1, the audio for dialogue can still be heard on all speakers, and this now include Fox Movies which was OK then and had real Dolby 5.1 signals before the announcement!

So now, I just switched to PCM and let my AVR convert the audio to Dolby Pro Logic as a compromise. This sucks.

ganun din ba ang case sa inyo? or there is just something wrong with the set up of my STB?
BTW, my STB is Pace.
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2013 at 06:22 PM by Talkingdongkey »

Offline chesizzle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2425 on: Feb 01, 2013 at 04:04 PM »
may tanong ako sa mga Cignal dealers. ung 100 na warranty ba applicable sa lahat ng boxes? what if i have 3? 100 parin dagdag sa monthly or 300 na? and what if my 2nd or 3rd box is purchased outright cash. ksama pa din ba sya sa warranty nyo or ung first unit lang? thanks in advance papakabit na kse ko asap need to confirm lang.

Offline killer_smile3

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • PS3 & Xbox360 Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #2426 on: Feb 01, 2013 at 04:18 PM »
I am having problems with Cignal's Dolby Signals,

I switch my audio signal from PCM to Dolby 5.1. My audio is connected to my Amplifier via digital co-axial cable. The problem is that in a true Dolby Digital and/or DTS audio, the audio dialogue should be concentrated on the center speakers. And, this was the case for Fox Movies before Cignal announced their Dolby Digital Audio. in other words, prior to their Dolby announcement, Fox Movies broadcast is already in Dobly. But, for the rest of the HD channels back then, it was not and the dialogue was heard on all speakers. If you can hear the dialoge coming from your FL, FR, SL and SR speakers, then that is not Dolby 5.1

After the announcement that their HD channels are now in Dolby 5.1, the audio for dialogue can still be heard on all speakers, and this now include Fox Movies which was OK then and had real Dolby 5.1 signals before the announcement!

So now, I just switched to PCM and let my AVR convert the audio to Dolby Pro Logic as a compromise. This sucks.

ganun din ba ang case sa inyo? or there is just something wrong with the set up of my STB?
BTW, my STB is Pace.

Same experience but NatGeo Hd is also in true DD
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2013 at 08:17 AM by killer_smile3 »

Offline digitallg10

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2427 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 12:55 PM »
@wiggum:

Got it working with Component cable. But STB only sends 480i output even though the settings on the STB is 1080i. Not as good as the quality of HDMI out, but it's still HD.

@pentium4:

Any chance na magkaroon ng "cinemaone" sa channel lineup ng cignal? Hindi kontento mother ko sa PBO and VIVA eh hahaha. Not worth it daw :)) hahaha. She wants tagalog movies kasi.  O0

Offline hitman531ph

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • All About The Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #2428 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 01:28 PM »
Unlikely to have Cinema One on Cignal.  Cinema One is a Sky Cable's own exclusive channel
Konzert Pioneer Inkel Sony Wharfedale NAD

Offline Talkingdongkey

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2429 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 03:45 PM »
Same experience but NatGeo Hd is also in true DD

Yeah True. I checked NatGeo HD, and its in true DD.

Cignal should correct the Audio of the other channels if they claim that their audio is Dolby Digital.