Author Topic: Acer H5350 DLP HD Projector with 720p Native Resolution and HDMI port  (Read 10482 times)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
for people trying to find an affordable 720p pj....  :D

Acer H5350 HD Projector with 720p Native Resolution and HDMI port

Monthly:    P 3,325.00 / month *
Terms:   12 months
SRP:           P 39,900.00

The Acer® H5350 projector transforms the living room into a state-of-the-art home theater. With 720p native resolution, 2000 ANSI Lumens brightness, 2000:1 contrast ratio and Acer ColorBoost technology, the Acer® H5350 projects hi-def content and lifelike images with precision for a true big-screen cinema experience. An HDMI™ port allows connectivity to the newest digital devices with HD signal support, and the chic white color adds elegance to any viewing environment.

Benefits

Captivating imagery

* Unique, elegant design sports a chic white surface, soft texture and rounded curves to bring elegance  to any viewing environment.
    * The detachable control pad serves as a remote control, and includes the Empowering Key for faster access to Acer Empowering Technology tools.
    * Advanced Acer ColorBoost technology features a 6-segment color wheel, powerful image processor and advanced lamp illumination technology for maximum color and brightness, and reduced rainbow effect.
    * Native 720p (1280 x 720) resolution delivers hi-def video entertainment and presents crisp details.
    * 2000 ANSI Lumens brightness and a 2000:1 contrast ratio project crystal clear images on a large screen, even from a long distance and in rooms with bright ambient light.
    * DLP® system design delivers seamless, consistent images without color decay, and displays moving images with smooth precision for amazing realism.

Easy usability

* The Empowering Key provides one-touch convenience to Acer Empowering Technology tools:
          o eView Management allows you to choose the optimal display mode, depending on the content type.
          o eTimer Management lets you set a time limit to presentations: a timer and reminder are displayed onscreen and an alarm sounds when time is up.
    * Acer SmartFormat technology ensures support for a variety of display standards and resolutions, and makes setup easy, freeing you from complicated resolution settings.
    * With Acer InstantPack technology you can safely unplug the power cord right after the projector is turned off. No waiting, just pack up and go immediately!
    * The projector automatically performs a safety shutdown if there is no input for an extended period of time.
    * The Acer H5350 detects input as soon as a source is connected, eliminating time spent scanning for signals.

Diverse multimedia

* An HMDI™ port delivers uncompressed digital signals and multi-channel audio for exceptional HD viewing and the highest quality video and audio currently available.
    * D-Sub and HDMI™ ports together enable multi-PC source input, offering more flexible connectivity and instant switching among PC sources.
    * The H5350 complies with the most up-to-date Windows Vista® operating systems.

Rich functionality

* A lamp life of up to 4000 hours saves lamp replacement costs and ensures long-term, dependable projector use.
    * ECO (economy) mode extends lamp lifespan and reduces noise and power consumption.
    * 40-degree vertical keystone correction prevents display distortion caused by elevated or side projection.
    * With the digital zoom and pan function, you can magnify details with ease and move the magnified image to a preferred location.
    * A low 28 dBA noise level ensures clearly audible entertainment.
    * A built-in speaker enhances presentations and video entertainment audibility.
    * An alarm sounds when the projector is turned on/off, when the presentation duration you set via Acer eTimer Management is up, or when a projection error occurs.
    * PIN security enables projector password control, protecting the projector from theft and unauthorized use.

Configurations

* Technical specifications

Display Technology    

* DLP™, Digital Light Processor

Native Resolution    

* Native 720p (1,280 x 720)

Maximum Resolution    

* Maximum UXGA (1,600 x 1,200)

Typical Colors    

* 1.07 Billion Colors

Brightness (ANSI lumens)    

* 2,000 ANSI Lumens (Standard), 1,600 ANSI Lumens (ECO)

Contrast Ratio    

* 2000:1

Throw Ratio    

* 58"@2m

Noise Level    

* 32 dBA (Standard mode), 28 dBA (ECO mode)

Weight    

* 2.3 kg (5.0 lbs)

Dimensions    

* 267x 187 x 80 mm (10.5" x 7.4" x 3.1")

IR Remote Control    

* included

Video Compatibility    

* NTSC (3.58/4.43), PAL (B/D/G/H/I/M/N), SECAM (B/D/G/K/K1/L), HDTV (720p, 1080i, 1080p), EDTV (480p, 576p), SDTV (480i, 576i)

Aspect Ratio:    

* 16:9 (Native), 4:3 Compatible

Horizontal Scan Rate:    

* 31 ~ 100 kHz

Projection mode    

* Front, Rear, Front-Ceiling, Rear-Ceiling

Vertical Scan Rate:    

* 56 ~ 85 Hz

Projection Distance:    

* 3.3’ (1.0m) ~ 34.0' (10.4m)

Projection Screen Size (Diagonal):    

* 26” (0.67m) ~ 300” (7.62m)

Digital Zoom    

* Yes, 2X

Keystone Correction:    

* +/-40 Degrees (Vertical), Manual

Lamp Life    

* 3,000 Hours (Standard), 4,000 Hours (ECO)

Lamp Type    

* 180 W User Replaceable P-VIP Lamp

Ceiling Mounting Capability    

* yes

Power Consumption:    

* 245 Watts (Operation), <8 Watts (Standby)

Power Supply    

* AC Input 100~240V auto-switching power supply

I/O Connectors    

* Analog RGB/Component Video (D‐sub) x 1, Composite (3 RCA) x 1, S‐Video (Mini DIN) x1, Component (3 RCA) x 1, HDMI (Video, HDCP) x 1, PC Audio (Stereo mini jack) x 1, Control Interface

Bundled Accessories:    

* AC power cord, VGA cable, Composite video cable, Remote control, Battery for remote control, Lens cap, User's guide (CD‐ROM), Quick start guide, Security card

Warranty    

* Acer projectors support a 2 year carry-in warranty and 90 days warranty for the lamp.

here is the link from villman:

http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/Acer_H5350_Projector

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247

This is a good alternative for those who want to make the "BIG" switch without breaking the bank!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
brader iiinas, how is this as compared to Benq W500?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
brader iiinas, how is this as compared to Benq W500?

naku sir von, i have no idea, but since dlp, siguradong mas maganda blacks nito kaysa sa benq (3lcd) but features wise, mas maganda ang benq kasi may hqv chip for upscaling and meron syang lens shift. i think this acer does not have lens shift kaya you have to be precise in placement.

palagay ko mas maganda audition mo. ang problema kasi ngayon dito, scarce na ang mga hdmi based na 720p pjs. kung meron man, tumaas na presyo.

nakontact mo ba si marc bajita. palagay ko may unit pa sila sa avls (benq).

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I am actually thinking of getting a projector too!  Ok ba yung Infocus X9 compared to this?  Specs here: http://www.infocus.com/Products/Projectors/x9.aspx

Sights and Sounds also has Acoustically Transparent projector screens which I will need buti meron dito sa pinas  :)
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2009 at 08:51 PM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
I am actually thinking of getting a projector too!  Ok ba yung Infocus X9 compared to this?  Specs here: http://www.infocus.com/Products/Projectors/x9.aspx

Sights and Sounds also has Acoustically Transparent projector screens which I will need buti meron dito sa pinas  :)

hmmm, mukhang medyo even sila sa specs, lamang konti ang infocus because of its reputation. how much ba ang presyo nito ngayon sir?

kasi the acer is only 40k (12 months to pay) i think if you pay in cash you might get additional discount. so price can also be a factor. unless you have lots to burn, i would get the infocus. ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
naku sir von, i have no idea, but since dlp, siguradong mas maganda blacks nito kaysa sa benq (3lcd) but features wise, mas maganda ang benq kasi may hqv chip for upscaling and meron syang lens shift. i think this acer does not have lens shift kaya you have to be precise in placement.

palagay ko mas maganda audition mo. ang problema kasi ngayon dito, scarce na ang mga hdmi based na 720p pjs. kung meron man, tumaas na presyo.

nakontact mo ba si marc bajita. palagay ko may unit pa sila sa avls (benq).

brader iiinas mayron stock sa isang reliable seller dito sa forum ng Benq W500. Ang sinabi na price is 45k, nung mayron daw mall wide sale 38k lang daw benta nila. Antay antay na lang siguro ako ng magsale ulit sila, lapit na din ang ber months baka by that time may price reduction na ulit. thanks brader!

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
hmmm, mukhang medyo even sila sa specs, lamang konti ang infocus because of its reputation. how much ba ang presyo nito ngayon sir?

kasi the acer is only 40k (12 months to pay) i think if you pay in cash you might get additional discount. so price can also be a factor. unless you have lots to burn, i would get the infocus. ;D

P49,000 cash price ng Infocus X9 ngayon.  Somebody selling me his pre-owned Mitsubishi HC1500 good reviews din but for P30,000 hindi tempting. Whew can't decide!

Ikaw sir what's your pj?
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
P49,000 cash price ng Infocus X9 ngayon.  Somebody selling me his pre-owned Mitsubishi HC1500 good reviews din but for P30,000 hindi tempting. Whew can't decide!

Ikaw sir what's your pj?

exciting nga yan which to buy.  ;D

i have a 3 lcd benq w500. you can see it here:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=79172.0

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
nice setup! hehe oo nga doing a search here in pinoydvd lead me to your threads nung naghahanap ka pa ng pj! hehe sige will just find out the available projectors locally since warranty is important to me.

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM by ditoy_eagle »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
nice setup! hehe oo nga doing a search here in pinoydvd lead me to your threads nung naghahanap ka pa ng pj! hehe sige will just find out the available projectors locally since warranty is important to me.

thanks. yes, warranty is equally important. my pj is warrantied for 2 years, 6 months for the bulb, kaya its ok na din. goodluck on your hunt. iba talaga pag malaki na sila (the image)!  ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
brader iiinas mayron stock sa isang reliable seller dito sa forum ng Benq W500. Ang sinabi na price is 45k, nung mayron daw mall wide sale 38k lang daw benta nila. Antay antay na lang siguro ako ng magsale ulit sila, lapit na din ang ber months baka by that time may price reduction na ulit. thanks brader!

good to hear sir von, sabagay, nothing wrong with getting a 7k discount, pang screen na rin yon. goodluck on your future acquisition. for me the w500 is really a bang for the buck pj, extra nalang yung hqv chip for upscaling.  ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
good to hear sir von, sabagay, nothing wrong with getting a 7k discount, pang screen na rin yon. goodluck on your future acquisition. for me the w500 is really a bang for the buck pj, extra nalang yung hqv chip for upscaling.  ;D

will probably follow your lead. medyo hesitant din kasi ako sa Acer. Although ok naman ang customer service nila and malapit sa office. but still mahirap din yung nagpapa warranty  ;D funny thing lang is if i get the PJ soon i am sure hindi ko din magagamit pa ito. pero in spite of this i still have this itch  ;D hirap talaga magbasa dito sa forum malakas makahawa ng Sars  ;) magagaya din yan dun sa bago kung epektus nasa box pa din  ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
will probably follow your lead. medyo hesitant din kasi ako sa Acer. Although ok naman ang customer service nila and malapit sa office. but still mahirap din yung nagpapa warranty  ;D funny thing lang is if i get the PJ soon i am sure hindi ko din magagamit pa ito. pero in spite of this i still have this itch  ;D hirap talaga magbasa dito sa forum malakas makahawa ng Sars  ;) magagaya din yan dun sa bago kung epektus nasa box pa din  ;D

sayang nga yon, bumibilang nag warranty ng produkto pero hindi mo ginagamit. anyway, tingin ka pa dyan, para sure ang decision. goodluck sir!  :D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sayang nga yon, bumibilang nag warranty ng produkto pero hindi mo ginagamit. anyway, tingin ka pa dyan, para sure ang decision. goodluck sir!  :D

was able to talk to tech support of Acer kanina lunch and asked him about the Acer PJ, ok naman daw and he said mayron pa mas maliit na model  ;D

Offline ton2v

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
I was monitoring this thread a few days back since I am interested in getting a 720p pj.  I am also quite hesitant with Acer as well given my past experiences with their laptops.  I might wait a bit longer.

Anybody knows if there are available w500 or ax200 locally anymore?  Or any ideas of their future replacements?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
was able to talk to tech support of Acer kanina lunch and asked him about the Acer PJ, ok naman daw and he said mayron pa mas maliit na model  ;D

ayos yan ha.

sige balitaan mo kami kung anong final purchase mo.  ;D

I was monitoring this thread a few days back since I am interested in getting a 720p pj.  I am also quite hesitant with Acer as well given my past experiences with their laptops.  I might wait a bit longer.

Anybody knows if there are available w500 or ax200 locally anymore?  Or any ideas of their future replacements?

i think according to sir vtec, one of our friendly neighborhood store has the w500 on stock for 45k. you may want to pm him for the details. as for the ax200, i think it will be hard to find one now, and if you do the price will be pretty expensive.

there was talk that the ax300 was supposed to be launched last september, but no news came out. i think panasonic is sticking to developing their full hd pjs. i just hope the time that 1080p pjs are less than 100k is coming.

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
No optical ZOOM, placement will be a nightmare! Your lens should be exactly 12ft and 4 inch away from your screen for a 106 inch screen, no more no less.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2009 at 01:33 PM by alvinthx2 »
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

nag PM ako ke sir vic, wala na daw cla w500. infocus nalang at 49K. dito sa cebu, may stock ng AX200, 65K. :o
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
mayron na bang nakabili nito? reviews naman  ;)

Offline sultan72

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
any reviews yet?

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
quote from this site http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=990085

'Hey everybody... I live in Europe and bought this h5350 about two months ago. I have it set up with a high contrast screen from Euroscreen, in a light controlled environment, and the default 'vivid cinema' settings.

Now, this is my first projector, so you'll have to factor that in, any way you want.

So far, with nearly 100 hours of use, I have been blown away by the performance, color, picture quality and quietness of this very small projector for the mere 545 Euros I paid for it. I never expected that this rig would look better than any of the 1 to 2 thousand euro flat pannels in the shops. I had been drooling over those for at least two years, but never wanted to pay the thousands of euros. Those are dwarfed by the size of my screen now.

Honestly, I am hooked... could never go back to TV's no matter what size...

Now, I have it set up via HDMI cable to my dual Nvidia 8800gt card. It sits right above our heads, projecting an image of 170 cm wide, and we sit at around 2.6 meters from the screen.

We can not see any pixels or artifacs at all. It stays remarkably clear even up close, where I can only imagine that with other projectors you'd begin to see a pixel lattice. You have to get real close to see it on this projector, like maybe two feet away from the screen, which is insane anyway.

There is no noise from this thing to speak of; eco or no eco mode on.

I don't use the projector speakers, since I have 5.1 channel audio surround sound.

Now, I found in the first two weeks that I am sensitive to RBE. My wife is not. She has never seen one. I began seeing them before I knew what it was. I then googled it and found out about DLP and RBE.

I see it for a second when the picture is very dark with very bright spots and I shift my eyes from side to side, like if I move my eyes from one object to another. Today I watched Die Hard 2008 in 720p with my wife and I completely forgot about it. After a few minutes, I couldn't see any RBE. It is possible that, after two months, my eyes are getting used to it and my brain is choosing to ignore it.

It's hard for me to imagine how this little projector could be topped for the money. You'd just have to get a demo at the store to see if you are too bothered by RBE. If, like my wife, you can't see it, you'll be getting your hands on a top little machine that does the job extremely well for a mere 500-600 euros/dollars; not to mention one that has a projected 4000 hours of lamp use in eco mode.

All comments welcome...

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
sounds good sir vtec.  ;D

basta make sure lang sa placement since it does not have manual lens shift.

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sounds good sir vtec.  ;D

basta make sure lang sa placement since it does not have manual lens shift.

i think if ever i decide to get this i can place it at exactly 12ft & 4 inches away from the screen as suggested by sir alvinthx2. Kaya lang hindi kaya may biglang lumabas na PJ na di masyado mahal. The AX200 is very hard to get while the W500 naman with the problem in customer support as experienced by Sir Jake nakakatakot. Hirap mag decide  :)

No optical ZOOM, placement will be a nightmare! Your lens should be exactly 12ft and 4 inch away from your screen for a 106 inch screen, no more no less.

more revies for this PJ. parang madami nito sa UK and not so much sa US

http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/2164/v/3/sp/

http://www.pocket-lint.com/quick-review/3268/Acer-H5350-home-cinema-projector

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2008/07/13/Acer-H5350-DLP-Projector/p1

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
major factor din ba kung HDMI ver 1.2 lang ito?

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
PUT some brakes if you're contemplating. This model is being supplanted by a 2009/2010 model called ACER 7530. The 7530 is qualifiably Acer's first foray into home theater-grade, high-definition projection. It claims to have a Contrast rate of 40,000. I tend to believe that that figure is bloated, but if Acer claims it, it means two things: The Taiwanese company wanted badly to enter into the front projector cinema realm - even as a latecomer; and two, the most likely native contrast of such 40K figure is in the vicinity of 4.5-5,000. For a DLP, 5,000 is no laughing matter, its already very impressive. If you could wait, check on the local availability of the 7530 or await a little more Mitsubishi HC3800.

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
thanks!!! but the price difference is very significant. in UK the price of 7530 is almost double that of 5350.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
How's the after sales service of Acer?

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
is this the kind of projector, that can project  even if it located on the side of the ht?
ninjababez online ..