Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 409305 times)

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Xtreamer availability update
« Reply #390 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 12:13 PM »
Factory-fresh Xtreamers will be available once more from Tuesday (Nov. 10) onwards.

Offline stat

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #391 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 03:29 PM »
guys i need help lang re mp4 files. It also includes a folder which contains 2ch audio also in mp4 format. The xtreamer recognizes the audio file in the gui, but i can't get the xtreamer to use it instead of the 5.1 audio. Mas malakas kasi ang volume nung 2ch eh, so gusto ko sana yun ang gamitin.

I've tried setting digital audio to 2ch in the settings menu, but it doesn't work. Is there a work around on this? Baka conversion? Not really familiar kasi with file conversions.

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 03:59 PM »
guys i need help lang re mp4 files. It also includes a folder which contains 2ch audio also in mp4 format. The xtreamer recognizes the audio file in the gui, but i can't get the xtreamer to use it instead of the 5.1 audio. Mas malakas kasi ang volume nung 2ch eh, so gusto ko sana yun ang gamitin.

I've tried setting digital audio to 2ch in the settings menu, but it doesn't work. Is there a work around on this? Baka conversion? Not really familiar kasi with file conversions.
hmmm...parang files ni secretmyth to ah. ;D nway,u can use mkvmerge for this. Adding d 2ch audio is the process called muxing. D xtreamer cnt recognize yet the 2ch audio coz its nt part of the movie file itself.by default, d audio encoded is 5.1. Try pressing d audio button of ur xtreamer wyl d movi is playing,if the file has more than one audio encoded,u can cycle on the othr ones at each press of d audio button.
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #393 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 04:12 PM »
Yeah, this is not yet supported by XT. I hope in the next FW this will be included. Subtitles in "Subs" folder within the movie folder is supported, so maybe in the future they could support this as well.   ;)
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #394 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 05:53 PM »
i have a 4 year old D-Link DI-524 G, already tried new linksys routers but still have to revert back to my old reliable D-Link

I am using a wireless-N DLINK model DIR-655. I guess, this means I am better off using the old wireless-G D-LINK? Isn't the Realtek dongle for this already wireless-N ?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
USB Wireless-N Antenna
« Reply #395 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 06:19 PM »
I am using a wireless-N DLINK model DIR-655. I guess, this means I am better off using the old wireless-G D-LINK? Isn't the Realtek dongle for this already wireless-N ?

The USB Wireless-N Antenna (dongle) of the Xtreamer is indeed Wireless-N.  You certainly aren't better off using a Wireless-G D-LINK router.

All the more, since Firmware Ver 2.0 has already been released. Xtreamer owners are reporting major improvements in throughput.  720p movie streams now work fine.

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 08:07 PM »
Thanks... I am just very curious how XmeTal was able to make this work and be able to play HD files without problems and I think not just 720p ones...

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 10:04 PM »
Thanks... I am just very curious how XmeTal was able to make this work and be able to play HD files without problems and I think not just 720p ones...

Regardless of whether your router is G or N, it shouldn't be a problem. It will be detected.

I think there's a problem with where your files are located.

Did you guys install the serviceshield? Is your xtreamer networked via wi-fi? I can easily play 720p or 1010ps smoothly via wi-fi from my desktop hdd thru the xtreamer.  All my files are located in " My Shares " of the desktop hdd.

Where are your files located? Send me pm I'll be glad to give you a helping hand.

One more thing...what OS are you using?
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2009 at 10:47 PM by XmeTaL »

Offline stat

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 10:32 PM »
hmmm...parang files ni secretmyth to ah. ;D nway,u can use mkvmerge for this. Adding d 2ch audio is the process called muxing. D xtreamer cnt recognize yet the 2ch audio coz its nt part of the movie file itself.by default, d audio encoded is 5.1. Try pressing d audio button of ur xtreamer wyl d movi is playing,if the file has more than one audio encoded,u can cycle on the othr ones at each press of d audio button.

Yup secret myth yan  :D   Ive tried pressing the audio button, but di talaga ma recognize yung 2ch audio, unlike dun sa wdtv. Bro kindly give me a step by step on muxing using mkvmerge. Medyo madami kasi ako mp4 files eh.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Firmware Update Ver. 2.0.1 Released
« Reply #399 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 10:41 PM »
How's that for speed in releasing firmware?

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2009 at 11:31 PM by Bitstream »

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: Nov 06, 2009 at 10:48 PM »
Yup secret myth yan  :D   Ive tried pressing the audio button, but di talaga ma recognize yung 2ch audio, unlike dun sa wdtv. Bro kindly give me a step by step on muxing using mkvmerge. Medyo madami kasi ako mp4 files eh.

sent u pm for the links and steps  ;)
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 12:20 AM »
Regardless of whether your router is G or N, it shouldn't be a problem. It will be detected.

I think there's a problem with where your files are located.

Did you guys install the serviceshield? Is your xtreamer networked via wi-fi? I can easily play 720p or 1010ps smoothly via wi-fi from my desktop hdd thru the xtreamer.  All my files are located in " My Shares " of the desktop hdd.

Where are your files located? Send me pm I'll be glad to give you a helping hand.

One more thing...what OS are you using?
what is this serviceshield bro?
i tried connecting thru two diff PC's, one with winxp and the other win7. both pc's wired connected to G router.. and the xtreamer thru wifi.. same issue with 720p/1080p.. only low res avi can be played..
i tried ad-hoc, meaning another wifi N dongle connected to both PC via usb, it has improvements but still cannot play 720p's properly..

it could not be the distance or signal since i tried it wherein they are just 3 ft away..

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 12:29 AM »
what is this serviceshield bro?
i tried connecting thru two diff PC's, one with winxp and the other win7. both pc's wired connected to G router.. and the xtreamer thru wifi.. same issue with 720p/1080p.. only low res avi can be played..
i tried ad-hoc, meaning another wifi N dongle connected to both PC via usb, it has improvements but still cannot play 720p's properly..

it could not be the distance or signal since i tried it wherein they are just 3 ft away..

Just as I suspected. Maybe you guys didn't install serviceshield. I suggest downloading and installing it. Makes the networking a lot easier. :)

Details from Xtreamer.net...

ServiceShield

While the benefits of networking are great, it can be very frustrating and time consuming for the average computer user. Making several PCs, Mac, routers, printers and devices such as digital cameras, Web cameras, and gaming systems all talk to each other and work smoothly using only Microsoft Windows XP or Vista can take hours of configuration (and reconfiguration).

ServiceShield eliminates common frustrations and saves time by simplifying and automating set up, management, and repair of home and small office networks, and makes printer and file sharing effortless.

ServiceShield is a software client that resides in the consumer’s home network and makes sure it is operating as required, providing completely automatic activation, support and maintenance. ServiceShield™ constantly monitors the all home network devices (including routers, modems, PC’s etc.), auto-detects problems and automatically fixes most malfunctions and failures. Fixes are typically performed before symptoms occur, and with zero user intervention.

ServiceShield™ runs independently on each home network PC, in any topology and supports an unlimited number of devices and broadband services.

Installation guide: http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2652

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 12:42 AM »
One more thing, install serviceshield in every computer you have ( i.e desktop and laptops ) and be sure it's connected everytime you want to stream. :)
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2009 at 12:44 AM by XmeTaL »

Offline kelz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 02:05 AM »
guys anong function ng file manager? i tried to copy files between 2 external hdd's pero di kaya.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Using File Manager
« Reply #405 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 07:04 AM »
guys anong function ng file manager? i tried to copy files between 2 external hdd's pero di kaya.

It's for file copy and delete.  Haven't tried it myself.

The Xtreamer Official Forum (forum.xtreamer.net) indicates that a bug has been solved in Firmware Ver 2.0.  Take note that FW Ver 2.0.1 has already been released; this is what you should use.

Give it a try and see if your problem clears up.

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 08:05 AM »

i use it to for file transfers i.e. transferring downloaded files from my pc to the internal hdd of the xtreamer, same for my external hdd and vice versa. you can also delete unwanted files here.

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #407 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 02:12 PM »
people in the xtreamer forum do complain a lot..

I hope they correct the spelling of TureHD  ;D

I like the FW 2.0 better..the mkv chapters are supported now..still my matrix exhibits OOS..with many features added I cannot explore them all :D

also the volume now is normalized..it does not sound hollow

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 06:22 PM »
upgraded to 2.0.1 today and i began to suffer the problems you guys have with regards to wi-fi. i like the automatic log-in but it takes time to load my other networks and i can't seem to find my shared folders. the workgroups can be detected but there's nothing in it. it seems there are bugs with the new firmware.

had to resort back to old firmware 1.0.3, i'll stick to this for the moment till they find a solution to the problem. wi-fi streaming's much faster this way.

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 10:19 PM »
One more thing, install serviceshield in every computer you have ( i.e desktop and laptops ) and be sure it's connected everytime you want to stream. :)

I tried to load this on the Vista PC (Acer X3200) and during installation it prompts for a user id and password for the Xtreamer device (I think)... however, I don't recall setting anything in particular for this... would you know what default id and pwd that I should use?

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 10:19 PM »
good news!

i attached a cable to the antenna and placed it topmost of my rack. reloaded the 2.01 firmware and whoah.....i can now do wi-fi streaming again. seems like the dongle-antenna lacks range. :)

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Nov 07, 2009 at 10:38 PM »
I tried to load this on the Vista PC (Acer X3200) and during installation it prompts for a user id and password for the Xtreamer device (I think)... however, I don't recall setting anything in particular for this... would you know what default id and pwd that I should use?

i remember that it just skipped the password process and completely finished installing. try following instructions step by step as illustrated.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
20,000 Internet Radio Channels on Xtreamer
« Reply #412 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 07:49 AM »
Head over to forum.xtreamer.net and learn how to gain access through your Xtreamer.

Offline DYC

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 08:45 AM »
good news!

i attached a cable to the antenna and placed it topmost of my rack. reloaded the 2.01 firmware and whoah.....i can now do wi-fi streaming again. seems like the dongle-antenna lacks range. :)

what cable did you use? is it just the ordinary USB cable with male and female on each side? :) thanks

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 09:14 AM »
what cable did you use? is it just the ordinary USB cable with male and female on each side? :) thanks

Hi Daniel. You also got the xtreamer? Good for you. Great product! You'll love it.

Yup ordinary cable lang. I suggest putting it on top of your rack para mas maganda wi-fi reception.Let me know if you need further help.

Btw, how's your HT set-up? Ok na ba? :)

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Antenna elevation
« Reply #415 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 09:20 AM »
good news!

If I may, I'd like to make a small clarification on the statement "the dongle-antenna lacks range"

The general rule with antennae is... 'height is might!'.  Placing an antenna at an elevated position often results in better range and performance because there are fewer obstructions between it and the other antennae.

XmeTal - thanks for bringing up the possibility of using a USB cable to elevate the antenna position.  Question: won't this slow down the data transmission rate?
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2009 at 09:36 AM by Bitstream »

Offline DYC

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 09:26 AM »
Hi Daniel. You also got the xtreamer? Good for you. Great product! You'll love it.

Yup ordinary cable lang. I suggest putting it on top of your rack para mas maganda wi-fi reception.Let me know if you need further help.

Btw, how's your HT set-up? Ok na ba? :)

Yup Ok na. :) and I like it. :)

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Internal hard disk drive - do you need one?
« Reply #417 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 03:45 PM »
When simply playing videos, it doesn't matter whether you have an internal or external hard drive.

You'll need an internal hard disk drive if you want to save live internet videos though. These are flash video (FLV) streams, from over 400 sources.

Offline XmetaL

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Antenna elevation
« Reply #418 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 08:04 PM »

XmeTal - thanks for bringing up the possibility of using a USB cable to elevate the antenna position.  Question: won't this slow down the data transmission rate?

I guess not unless you are using more than what is needed. Mine is just the average/standard length ( less than a meter ), can't see any difference with the data transmission.

:)
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2009 at 08:07 PM by XmeTaL »

Offline uvax

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #419 on: Nov 09, 2009 at 08:16 PM »
USB 2.0 is spec'ed for a maximum of 5 meters cable run. A short run of cable to raise the antenna shouldn't hurt.