Author Topic: Xtreamer Pro Media Player & Streamer - with dual 3.5" drive bays, eSATA and more  (Read 61494 times)

Offline Ppoooh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Need feedback from owners how this Xtreamer Pro handles half height 3.5" HDDs in its enclosure. Will it be properly secured? Or tricky to mount?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
May digital coax output ba? Parang wala akong nakita sa xtreamer pro...

Offline RedWine

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
I just got my Xtreamer Pro! yeeheeey!  But I haven't connected it to my LCD yet bec I'm still transferring my movies. Maybe tonight.

My question is:  I used NTFS in the Xtreamer Pro (I'm using a Macbook), should I install an anti-virus? Have you? Why or why not?

Thanks in advance mga gurus. 

btw, I can't seem to find the search function in this forum.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
I have never installed anti-virus in all my mac computers at home and in the office (that's around 12 macs) and all of them have ntfs-3g so I can read and write to NTFS drives where my HD content are stored. All my macs are still running fine over a year already from having my egreat, HD Pro and Xtreamer.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2010 at 02:35 PM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
how much is this?

Offline glaks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
how much is this?

7.5k to 8.5k depende po sa store

Offline belphegores

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
bakit ganun yung xtreamer pro ko? nag ccrash at may artifacts sa may main menu?

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Try to download firmware 2.3.3 sa Xtreamer site which is the official release firmware. First time I have heard na may artifacts sa main menu. Got my Xtreamer Pro din kanina, it came with firmware 2.3.4, I opted yung official firmware so I also downloaded. No problems so far.
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2010 at 01:25 AM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline wijo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Just got my xtreamer pro as well yesterday. It seems like they send them all at the same time! To think that I ordered mine 2 months ago!!!
So now what do I do? :D
Sorry, newbie...
Maybe get 4 2TB hard drives first? (I got the e-trayz as well).

Thanks.   ;)

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
I would like to ask owners here if this kind of set-up is possible or have tried this set-up:

2 LCD/Plasma TVs with wired/wireless networked NMTs (one Xtreamer Pro w/ internal HDD and one Xtreamer).

Can the Xtreamer unit pull off HD movies from Xtreamer Pro over the network? As it would be ideal to have a central collection of HD Movies (in Xtreamer Pro). I believe that this setup is much cheaper than having 2 Xtreamers (on network) and 1 unit eTrayZ.

Need your advise on this.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
Yes.

My home setup is like that... 2 media players in different rooms. All content stored in just 1.

Wired better than wireless.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
My home setup is like that... 2 media players in different rooms. All content stored in just 1.

Wired better than wireless.

Thanks scifi-fan.

I believe the wireless here is 802.11n. Is the wireless speed here not enough? Otherwise, I would just limit streaming of divx movies only over wireless, and not for HD Movies (mkv). As I might not be able to wire them together at its present locations.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
As long as you know that 1080p is never guaranteed when streaming over wireless.

I've gotten it to work but it needs some research and testing. Each environment is different kasi.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
Try to download firmware 2.3.3 sa Xtreamer site which is the official release firmware. First time I have heard na may artifacts sa main menu. Got my Xtreamer Pro din kanina, it came with firmware 2.3.4, I opted yung official firmware so I also downloaded. No problems so far.

Just bought a new Xtreamer Pro today. Firmware is 2.3.4. So what is the best firmware to use for now? Do I have to revert it to 2.3.3?

The fan at the back of the unit I believe is to cool the main circuit board. It isn't used to cool the HDDs. I only have a Seagate 7200.11 - 1TB HDD. And I also added a 2nd Seagate 7200.12 - 500GB HDD (half-height). And it gets very warm/hot fast (in a non-airconditioned room). I guess it is best to use a WD Green Power HDD instead.

Anyone noticed mkv movies with AAC audio seemed to have a very very low sound volume (inaudible) as compared to one with AC3 or DTS. I had the volume of the Xtreamer Pro at +16 (default). Am using Digital Output DTS/AC3 5.1 using optical cable to the HTIB. Didn't encounter said problem with my WDTV (Gen1). Have anybody raised this issue to Xtreamer?

I had test connected a Samsung SE-S084C external slim dvdwriter to this Xtreamer Pro. Using a Region 1 DVD Movie disc, couldn't play (no menu or movie playback). Just blank screen, not event an error message. Used an All Region (Region 0) DVD Movie disc, everything is working fine with menus and movie itself. Although needed to manually set the zoom to +131% for both W and H to fill the screen. Isn't there an automatic fill to full screen?

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I had test connected a Samsung SE-S084C external slim dvdwriter to this Xtreamer Pro. Using a Region 1 DVD Movie disc, couldn't play (no menu or movie playback). Just blank screen, not event an error message. Used an All Region (Region 0) DVD Movie disc, everything is working fine with menus and movie itself. Although needed to manually set the zoom to +131% for both W and H to fill the screen. Isn't there an automatic fill to full screen?

Commercial DVD are encrypted (macrovision). Lots of media players don't have license to play commercial DVD. Region free pretty much means the disc has no encryption at all.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Looks like HD Audio passthrough and the jukebox features of the Xtreamer Pro is arriving next week, exciting for Xtreamer sidewinder and Pro users  ;D

http://www.xtreamer.net/
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2010 at 03:44 PM by ditoy_eagle »

Offline albert_b

• Apprentice
  • noobie!
  • Liked:
Available na yung firmware 2.4 beta 20 RC3. Meron na din jukebox but you better have an internet connection para magwork. I'm more interested in the HD audio passthrough :-)

Update: Tested the HD Audio passthrough, it works!!! Unfortunately, my xtreamer pro isn't connected to the internet, so no jukebox for me muna.

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2010 at 01:51 PM by albert_b »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Clap! Clap! Clap!

At last confirmed na realtek can now bitstream HD Audio.

What format container is your source? MKV? BDMV? ISO?
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2010 at 02:06 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline albert_b

• Apprentice
  • noobie!
  • Liked:
All I have in HD audio are demo / sample files. They are all in .m2ts format. Nakakatuwa kasi for the first time, the blue HD indicator sa avr ko lit up! :-)

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
M2TS...

I see... that's what we could usually do even with the old A-110.

Try a MKV with HD Audio track.

There's limitations kasi sa M2TS. The container doesn't support internal/external subs easily.

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2010 at 02:20 PM by scifi-fan »

Offline albert_b

• Apprentice
  • noobie!
  • Liked:
thanks scifi, almost all my HD content are in matroska yun nga lang eh hindi siya naka HD audio.

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Question:

Kelangan ba may Internal HD para magwork ang Jukebox?

TIA
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline blyx21

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
i bought this just a few weeks, its all working fine, my version is 2.3.4. my only problem is the dts sound because im just using my lcd built-in speaker, voice sound is very low. so im planning to buy a budget dts speaker but the problem is that i dont know what to buy. budget is less than 10k if any. i dont need very loud speaker maliit lang room ko baka mayanig  :D  need ko lng ma-balance yung sound quality

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
i bought this just a few weeks, its all working fine, my version is 2.3.4. my only problem is the dts sound because im just using my lcd built-in speaker, voice sound is very low. so im planning to buy a budget dts speaker but the problem is that i dont know what to buy. budget is less than 10k if any. i dont need very loud speaker maliit lang room ko baka mayanig  :D  need ko lng ma-balance yung sound quality

you might need a receiver or a HTib. With that budget, madami sa marketplace na mga HTibs na bnew.

Goodluck sir!

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
How much na po ang xtreamer pro? Saan po magandang bumili nito with support? Thanks in advance.

Offline blyx21

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
How much na po ang xtreamer pro? Saan po magandang bumili nito with support? Thanks in advance.

i bought mine in villman sm cubao almost 8.5k, although price is much higher than other retailer.

Offline dpdelacruz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
newbie here just got my xtreamer pro sa greenhills heres my impression :D

Una kong napansin na bug dito kapag walang nakalagay na usb sa likod. Nag flicker yung output nya sa tv ko kapag nka 1080p 60hz or 720p 60hz kaya napilitan ako sa 1080i 60hz.  Weird talaga pero kapag nagalagay ako ng usb sa likod nya kahit cable lang or thumbdrive nawala na yung flicker nya kapag naka 1080p 60hz kapag usb 1.0 naman cable may mga white pixel na lumalabas sa TV ko. Napilitan tuloy ako mamili ng usb wifi antenna :D

Upgraded na yung Xtreamer Pro ko 2 Xtreamer 2.4 RC3 with jukebox installed. Mabagal yung jukebox kaya kailangan ko i edit yung movietitle_xjb_cover_full.jpg at i resize to 300X450 tpos i save ko sya as movietitle_xjb_cover.jpg para bumilis tpos hindi narin ako gumamit ng fanart :D

Add ko lang dn pala kapag hindi naka connect sa network yung xtreamer pro ayaw gumana ng jukebox although sabi nila i fix nmn daw sa susunod na firmware update.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2010 at 07:10 PM by dpdelacruz »

Offline zzenon

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Tested beta firmware on HD audio bitstream....

1. BD iso is excellent.....True HD and DTS HD MA

2. mkv files with HD audio...good with DTS HD MA no go for True HD(pro logic only)

so far so good...

Offline stan1196

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I'm experiencing power led blinking only on my xtreamer pro with no display on TV. Xtreamer pro is connected to HDMI. Anyone here who experienced the same problem?
Aiyima Rotel CD11 Tribute Focal Chora 806 QED XT125

Offline meister_r

• Collector
  • Liked:
Mga Sir Newbie question lang,

Mahina ang audio coming from my Xtreamer pro. Pag gamit ko BD ok naman volume. Bakit po kaya?

Thanks mga sir! :)
Pana 42C10
Denon 2808ci
B&W 684, HTM61
Polk Audio Fxi A4
Velodyne CHT10r
Pana BD-60
Xtreamer P