Author Topic: AC Ryan - Europe's most popular media player - now available in the Philippines  (Read 46652 times)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How much ang mini 2?

The mini2 is P7900.

Offline srkid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
to my fellow ac.ryan nmt owners, I just woul like to share that our realtek based nmts are capable of playing 3D mkv like the SBS type, just connect it to a 3D ready plasma/led/lcd then select the proper 3D setting that match your mkv 3D file type then you're go to go, enjoy 3D content from our ac.ryan. in my opinion its pq is comparable to a 3D blu-ray player. ;D

Sir taiguru, lahat ba ng model kaya mag play ng 3D mkv? interested in hd mini 2 :D

Offline taiguru

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

Sir taiguru, lahat ba ng model kaya mag play ng 3D mkv? interested in hd mini 2 :D

i think kaya ng kahit ano model kasi mine is just the essential basta you have a 3D ready lcd/led/plasma you're good to go ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2011 at 12:12 AM by taiguru »
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Check out the video walkthru for the AC Ryan Play On HD2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8wb4h7-paQ

Offline threx666

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
sir Sanjay,

pahelp naman po , i am currently looking for a wifi dongle na pwede ikabit para sa POHD to connect to my router to have my BT directly on my POHD na .

any particular local wifi dongle na tested na gumagana /compatible sa POHD?

and also ano po pala latest na FW , btw my POHD is version 1.

thanx po

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
sir Sanjay,

pahelp naman po , i am currently looking for a wifi dongle na pwede ikabit para sa POHD to connect to my router to have my BT directly on my POHD na .

any particular local wifi dongle na tested na gumagana /compatible sa POHD?

and also ano po pala latest na FW , btw my POHD is version 1.

thanx po

Hi, you need to use the AC Ryan Wifi USB dongle. Its P950 each. Most stores selling AC Ryan also sell the wifi dongle. It will work perfectly with the Play On HD.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Check out the AC Ryan PLAY ON HD 2 at the Dusit hifi show.

Offline quik_silver

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Sirs,

Does the AC ryan essential have jukebox feature too?planning to get it kasi.TIA ;)

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
All ac ryan models can do jukebox.

Offline jo_buen88

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Sir Sanjay,

ano ba pinagkaiba nito sa WD TV Live na brand?

thanks!

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:

Offline vinlovski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi Guys,

I currently bought an AC Ryan HD2 for my room.. I'm just wondering if this unit can handle a 3TB internal hard disk?anybody here tried this one?thanks!  Hope to hear from you guys..

Offline Eddie

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hi Guys,

I currently bought an AC Ryan HD2 for my room.. I'm just wondering if this unit can handle a 3TB internal hard disk?anybody here tried this one?thanks!  Hope to hear from you guys..

According to the site http://www.acryan.com/product/playonhd2/specifications/   it can only handle up to 2TB (under Storage Supported). But if I remember correctly, HD2 is using a Realtek 1185 chipset which should support 3TB. Maybe AC Ryan is just being conservative with limitations? I don't suppose you can borrow a 3TB from a friend? ;D

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Hi sir,

I need a no nonsense player, no net capabilities, no bloatware.

All I need is one that plays MKV which throws 5.1 signals to the avr.

Is the AC Ryan Essential enough? How much po yun ganun sa inio? and lastly, anu po chipset use nun?

Kindly pm me the details.

thanks po.
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Hi sir,

I need a no nonsense player, no net capabilities, no bloatware.

All I need is one that plays MKV which throws 5.1 signals to the avr.

Is the AC Ryan Essential enough? How much po yun ganun sa inio? and lastly, anu po chipset use nun?

Kindly pm me the details.

thanks po.

Hi, the AC Ryan Essential is P5,300. note the details:

- comes with 2 years warranty
- ac ryan releases an update every 2 to 3 months, so it will be compatible with any new file format.
- plays more file types then any other media player in the market.
- plays 3d files
- plays dolby tru hd and dts hd
- ac ryan is based in denmark and is the top selling media player in europe.
- you can fit an internal 3.5 hd drive
- with optional usb dongle, you can get wifi
- has 2 usb slots and a usb slave slot.
- can be used as external drive
- comes with hdmi cable.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
Hi Sir Sanjay.

I had just bought AC Ryan Play ON! HD! Essential earlier. Just wondering, how can I add the video wall from the menu? I could not find it when I was tinkering earlier. Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
Pao

Offline raymonddelprado

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
sir kaya ba ihandle ng essential ang 2TB na external hdd?
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2012 at 08:17 AM by raymonddelprado »

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
sir kaya ba ihandle ng essential ang 2TB na external hdd?

Yes ofcourse, the AC Ryan essential can handle 2 TB internal and external drives.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:

Offline manerdie

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Share ko lang...i use this ac ryan essentials internal hd 2tb plus 2tb external hd connected via hd!!!

Offline jgl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
What's in the HD2 that's not in the HD1, and how much is the HD2?

Offline suavegabe

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

the new GUI is smoother on the HD2 compared to the HD1 because of the faster processor. afaik, HD2 can play BD rips but with simple menu only while the HD1 can't.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:

The price of the AC Ryan Play On HD1 is P8,300 while the AC Ryan Play on HD2 is P9,900. The HD2 uses a newer faster processor, is USB 3.0 and has gigabyte LAN. The picture quality of the HD2 is sharper and more detailed then the HD1.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
The AC Ryan Play ON mini 2:
The Playon!HD Mini 2 Full HD Network Media Streamer from AC Ryan has a pretty small footprint and is able to stream multimedia content (videos, photos, music) right from our network; in case we have attached to it an USB Flash Drive or external HDD, we can play back the multimedia contents locally. The device can be also connected wirelessly to the network via an accessory sold separately.

Product Features, Specifications

Product Features:

• Stay connected with friends with Facebook, Twitter, and eBuddy on TV
• Online videos on your TV via YouTubeXL
• Excellent format support, including MKV, Blu-ray ISO, DVD IFO/ISO
• Gigabit Full HD streaming, for high bitrate files
• Unique user interface with the Playon!GUI2.0
• NAS functionality, to transform your connected storage device
• Completely silent due to fanless cooling

Product Specifications:

Cooling
No Fan (Advanced Fanless Cooling for processor)

Power
Active: 5V/1.46A
Standby: 0.67W

Subtitles Format Supported
SRT, SMI, SSA, IDX/SUB, SUB

Image Formats Supported
JPEG, HD JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIF, PNG

Audio Output Supported
Stereo
Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 (passthrough & downmix to stereo)
Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 (passthrough)
Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (passthrough & downmix to stereo)
DTS Digital Surround 5.1 (passthrough & downmix to stereo)
AAC 7.1 (passthrough & downmix to stereo)
FLAC

Audio Formats Supported
MP3 / MP2 / WMA / AAC / FLAC / WAV / OGG Vorbis / PCM / LPCM / MS-ADPCM / LC-AAC / HE-AAC / COOK / RA-Lossless

Video Output Supported
PAL / NTSC / 480p / 576p / 720p / 1080i 50Hz / 1080i 60Hz / 1080p 50Hz / 1080p 60Hz / 1080p 24FPS

Video Codecs Supported
MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 / MPEG-4 SP/ASP/AVC (H.264 | x264) / XviD / DivX / WMV9 (VC-1) / RealVideo 8/9/10 (up to 720P)

Network - Wireless(Optional)
Wireless WLAN 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps via USB WLAN adaptor (optional, not incl.)
Supports WLAN security WEP, WPA
Supports WLAN Peer-to-Peer (connects wireless without router)

Video Formats Supported
AVI / MKV / TS / TP / TRP / M2TS / MPG / MP4 / MOV / M4V / VOB / ISO / DVD-ISO / IFO / DAT / WMV / ASF / RM / RMVB / FLV resolution up to 720p / 1080i / 1080p / BD-ISO

USB Supported
Add ports with USB hubs, USB card readers
2x USB 2.0 (USB-A)

Network - Wired
Wired Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000Mbps (for high performance Full HD streaming)
Wired Gigabit LAN 10/100Mbps(for data transfer)

A/V Out
HDMI 1.3 interface up to 1080p
Composite Audio / Video
Y/Pb/Pr Video
SPDIF Optical TOSLink (digital audio)

Storage Supported
USB HDD, USB sticks and other USB Mass Storage Devices
File Systems: FAT, FAT32, NTFS, EXT3, HFS+
Network drives: USB2.0 PORTS: 2 x USB 2.0 (USB-A)

In the back side of the unit, we can find (from left to right) the:

-DC-IN Jack
-Y/Pb/Pr OUT jack
-A/V OUT jack
-HDMI jack
-RJ45 LAN socket
-2x USB 2.0 Host Ports
-S/PDIF Optical Jack

The Device Internals

The unit can be opened relatively easy, by removing two screws from the back and lifting the clips on each side; the plastic clips are the main reason we must be very careful when opening the device, because these can break; in the older PCB revisions, near the central chip we could also find a mini PCI-E slot, which now seems to be removed:

The brain of this unit is the Realtek RTD1185DD System on a Chip, with the CPU at 500Mhz:

Around it, we can find two Nanya NT5TU64M16GG-AC DDR2 memory chips:

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
AC Ryan Playon!HD Mini 2 Full HD Network Media Streamer

User Interface
After starting up the Playon!HD Mini2 with the remote, a splash screen will appear on the TV, confirming that the firmware is loading; the screen will go blank again for a few seconds and after that the main menu will appear:

The menu options are located in the top left corner and on the same screen we can find the connectivity icons, along with the “Recently Added Music” and “Recently Added Movies” sections, which become populated after the connected media has been scanned:

The Movies menu shows the video files the streamer has found after the search is completed; the files can be shown in multiple layouts, as we will see later, by pressing the Menu button, to access additional options:

The Options tab in this menu allows us to sort and show the video content by type, name, size and so on; here we can also modify the view type (thumbnails, list or preview mode):

After selecting Preview mode, we will have a small video window on the left side, along with the list of videos on the right:

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
AC Ryan Playon!HD Mini 2 Full HD Network Media Streamer

The Playon!HD Mini 2 comes with an attractive and simple design chassis and has a small size so it’s perfect to install it near our TV; it is ideal to point the remote to the device when sending commands, otherwise it possible the current command won’t register properly. For signaling the on/off status of the streamer, AC Ryan has chosen to use its frontal illuminated logo, which is red when the device is off and white when in operation; if the command we are sending with the remote is received by the device, the frontal logo will simply flash once.

The Mini 2 streamer also has two holes in the back of the chassis, which are covered with rubber and the early samples contained on the internal board an empty slot for placing a PCIe card; AC Ryan is more than likely thinking to include a WiFi card in the next iteration, with two external antennas, instead of using an USB dongle, which occupies a spare USB port.

The streamer can be easily accessed through the network and the NAS functionality is enabled when an external storage device is attached. We can observe quite a difference between the WiFi transfer speeds and the wired ones:

The GUI 2.0 is nicely organized, but there is still a small delay between the time we send the command and when it’s executed (the same thing we have experienced with the Sitecom MD-272 HDD TV Media Player). Some of the most known Internet websites can be accessed through the device, but since this is a media device, it would be great to see in the next software revisions the IMDB service integrated too. Before accessing Instant Messaging (eBuddy) or Facebook, we are prompted to insert a third party typing tool like a keyboard, to make the experience smoother; unfortunately, the device is only equipped with two USB ports and in case we already have connected the USB WiFi dongle and the external storage device, there is no port left to insert the keyboard; there is, however, a workaround and this would mean attaching the devices which need only a small amount of power like the WiFi dongle and the multimedia keyboard to a separate USB hub.

There are also some small occasional issues with the Internet Services like Picasa and Shoutcast, when the applications report an error regarding the Internet connectivity (even if the device is fully connected). The APIs from these services are part of the Realtek SDK, many of these errors have been already reported inside the user forums, so we now have to wait for an update from them.

As previously mentioned, this device is a streamer, which means that it does not feature internal storage capability; however, we can always attach to it an external USB storage device, like a Flash Drive, or even better, a 2.5'' HDD.

Considering the size of the device and power consumption, it would have been great if AC Ryan would have kept the Bittorent client functionality, which could have been functional only when an external storage device would have been attached.

Offline mixx

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
sir how much po yung playon hd mini2? :)

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Hi, The retail price of the AC Ryan Mini2 is P7,900.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
The AC Ryan Play On HD2 can work well with hard drives up to 3 TB.