Author Topic: CDRKING BLU-RAY  (Read 137802 times)

Offline docelmo

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: CDRKING BLU-RAY
« Reply #360 on: Sep 06, 2011 at 10:49 PM »
Update: the 190 is region-free for dvds! played my region 1,2,3 dvds!
 :D
Denon/ GoldenEar Technology/Onkyo/Optoma/Sansui/SVS

Offline spacejam6185

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #361 on: Sep 07, 2011 at 12:52 PM »
hi.. playable ba ang MP4 or mkv movie file sa USB slot dito or kelangan i-burn sa dvd yung MP$ or mkv para magplay?

Offline docelmo

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #362 on: Sep 07, 2011 at 09:05 PM »
hi.. playable ba ang MP4 or mkv movie file sa USB slot dito or kelangan i-burn sa dvd yung MP$ or mkv para magplay?
sir, only mkv-burned dvds.

Offline spacejam6185

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 08:24 AM »
what about the MP4 file, nababasa ba ng USB slot?

Offline dlanor121773

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 10:07 AM »
update:

the hp bd-2000 can play mp4, mkv  both from burned dvd and thru usb. it recognizes external hdd with fat32 format. haven't tried it yet with ntfs kung madedetect. no problems playing hi def movies(both 720p and 1080) on mkv format...i only noticed that pixelated ang ilang video if sd ang resolution but if hd ang source no problem so far ...it plays them smoothly...have any idea mga sirs why pixelated ang ibang sd movies?thanks po.  
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2011 at 12:32 PM by dlanor121773 »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #365 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 03:06 PM »
update:

the hp bd-2000 can play mp4, mkv  both from burned dvd and thru usb. it recognizes external hdd with fat32 format. haven't tried it yet with ntfs kung madedetect. no problems playing hi def movies(both 720p and 1080) on mkv format...i only noticed that pixelated ang ilang video if sd ang resolution but if hd ang source no problem so far ...it plays them smoothly...have any idea mga sirs why pixelated ang ibang sd movies?thanks po.  

Maybe it doesn't upscale vids played through the USB port.

Offline spacejam6185

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 01:11 PM »
ano difference ng bd2000 sa bd190 parang wala naman in  terms of specs....
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2011 at 01:12 PM by spacejam6185 »

Offline dlanor121773

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: Sep 09, 2011 at 02:39 PM »
Maybe it doesn't upscale vids played through the USB port.
may point ka dun sir...i will try playing the file from a burned disk and will see if it'll make a difference.

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: Sep 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM »
i saw an HP BD player sa CDrKing yesterday, selling for 4,180pesos. has anyone tried it already?
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline jerrylodi

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: Sep 14, 2011 at 11:29 AM »

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: Sep 14, 2011 at 10:46 PM »
i saw an HP BD player sa CDrKing yesterday, selling for 4,180pesos. has anyone tried it already?
Look a few post above.  It's being discussed on this thread, most reviews on other sites, seems to indicate, it's not a great player made by Lite-On.   MY feeling (note that I do not own either player) is the the CD-R King branded might be a better choice, since it look like a newer model (unlike HP's which might be an inventory-clearing sale from HP which CD-R King snapped up at bargain price)...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Alton Gustavo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 08:31 AM »
Hello, guys.

I bought the cd-r king BDP-190 last Sept. 13.  I agree that this is an excellent buy for the money.

I'm satisfied but not ecstatic about the purchase as it is far from being perfect.

So far it plays all the dvd discs I have thrown at it including one that my Pioneer DV-220v could not play after some electrical glitch caused its region-free programming to be messed up.

I don't have many BD but I suppose from the previous posts that there is not much of a problem there.

There is, however, one possible flaw that I have noticed.  Some large mkv files (more than 4 GB) burned to dual-layer dvd-r cannot be read/accessed by the player.  When I load them to the player, the player ejects the dvd-r discs.

I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the player or the way the dvd-r is burned.  The DVD-Rs that were not read were burned using Roxio while the one that was read was burned using Nero.

Has anyone here tried burning large mkv files to dual-layer dvd discs and played them using the player?

BTW, I bought mine from CD-R King at Asiatown I.T. Park in Cebu City.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 06:07 PM »
...There is, however, one possible flaw that I have noticed.  Some large mkv files (more than 4 GB) burned to dual-layer dvd-r cannot be read/accessed by the player.  When I load them to the player, the player ejects the dvd-r discs.

I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the player or the way the dvd-r is burned.  The DVD-Rs that were not read were burned using Roxio while the one that was read was burned using Nero.

Has anyone here tried burning large mkv files to dual-layer dvd discs and played them using the player?

I only have a Panasonic BD player, and it can't read mkv on disc.  I don't think your player can do it either.

I suggest that you convert mkv to AVCHD format, burn on a DVD disc, then play on your BD player.  That's what I do.

For conversion, I use multiAVCHD: http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/ .  It's the best AVCHD authoring software, and it's free.

For burning, I use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ .  It's the best burner, and it's also free.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2011 at 06:09 PM by barrister »

Offline docelmo

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: Sep 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM »
Sirs,
Tested all my dual-layer burned mkvs 6-8GB files, except for Fast and Furious which stuttered
a bit, all played fine in my bdp-190...

Offline Alton Gustavo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: Sep 20, 2011 at 06:53 AM »
Update:

I found out that what I thought was the player's flaw was actually my fault.

What I inadvertently did was burn a .m2ts file to a disc and presumed it was .mkv.

BDP-190 played my other dual-layer discs with .mkv in it.

So far, I'm very happy with the cd-r king bluray player.

And, barrister, may be it's time to upgrade your Panasonic which can't play mkv to a CD-R King bluray player.  ;D

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #375 on: Sep 20, 2011 at 09:21 AM »
And, barrister, may be it's time to upgrade your Panasonic which can't play mkv to a CD-R King bluray player.  ;D

I think you're right ...  :( 

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 219
« Reply #376 on: Sep 20, 2011 at 10:49 AM »
I've had the 160 for a few months now and it's performing as expected. Hope it lasts a year, fingers crossed.

Offline berserker33

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #377 on: Sep 29, 2011 at 11:37 AM »
pwede din po ba to for videoke?  ;D

Offline Alton Gustavo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 10:13 AM »
I know that Moks said that his BDP-160 can bitstream DTD-HD MA. 

I myself can confirm that my BDP-190 bitstreams Dolby TrueHD.  I'm new to BD and I still don't have a disc that has DTS-HD MA in it so I can't test my BDP-190.

My question is, can it (BDP-190) bitstream DTS-HD MA from an MKV file?  Or is DTS-HD MA bitstreaming from MKV not yet a possibility regardless of the player?

I have a MKV file that has DTS-HD MA.  My computer plays it and recognizes the lossless codec in PowerDVD 10 Ultra.  However, when I burned it to DVD and played it in the BDP-190, the video is fine but there is no sound.  My Denon receiver only indicates DTS and not DTS-HD MA.  But the DVD plays fine in PowerDVD lossless audio and all.

Has anyone experienced this or knows why?

Offline Alton Gustavo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #379 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 01:01 PM »
I only have a Panasonic BD player, and it can't read mkv on disc.  I don't think your player can do it either.

I suggest that you convert mkv to AVCHD format, burn on a DVD disc, then play on your BD player.  That's what I do.

For conversion, I use multiAVCHD: http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/ .  It's the best AVCHD authoring software, and it's free.

For burning, I use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ .  It's the best burner, and it's also free.

Can multiavchd encode DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD?

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #380 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 02:53 PM »
No. 

It can handle a DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD input.  But it can only encode the DTS-HD core or the Dolby 640 kbps track.

Offline Alton Gustavo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 04:05 PM »
Thanks.  I guess MKV is better then in that regard.

If only I could make the BDP-190 to play the DTS-HD MA from the MKV file.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: Oct 03, 2011 at 10:29 PM »
I guess MKV is better then in that regard.

Not necessarily "better."

The AVCHD format is stricter, for the purpose of making playback more reliable.  The MKV format is more flexible, but it's precisely this flexibility that can cause more playback problems.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2405
« Reply #383 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 10:35 PM »
Well guys the worst just happened:

Born 04-05-2011
Died 10-03-2011

My player just conked out on me last night. I tried testing it again this morning and it worked fine. However, this evening it keeps freezing up on me. Once it freezes up, nothing will work, I have to pull the plug. Oh well.  :'( :'( The worst is I rarely use this player. I just use it as backup. I will take it back to cdrking while its still within the 6 month warranty. I seriously doubt its the hdmi, hdmi switcher, bada conditioner or my receiver. I'm tired of testing it over and over again. So I will just take it back for repair.

Bottom line: What a piece of crap!!!!! For me anyways.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #384 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 10:47 PM »
Last resort, I tried the lens cleaner again. Actually cleaned the lens already last night. Tried it again, let's see.

Offline TOP 20

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • Turn, Turn, Turn
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: Oct 04, 2011 at 11:12 PM »
Last resort, I tried the lens cleaner again. Actually cleaned the lens already last night. Tried it again, let's see.

Keep us posted moks007. I was actually considering this as a back-up player as well. Hope the lens cleaning will help.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #386 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 02:44 PM »
Keep us posted moks007. I was actually considering this as a back-up player as well. Hope the lens cleaning will help.

The lens cleaning did not help. I took it back yesterday, just in time for the 6 month service warranty. It will be out for 3 to 4 weeks. Considering the price its really a good backup player. The big question is just durability. Well mine lasted just 6 months. Frustration sinks in and of course the possibility of money being wasted. But hey that is the risk I took buying this player. I really took a chance. :'( :(

Will I recommend buying one after all this? NO, but mine could be the "one in a million" that conked out. The market for this player is too small to look, see or compare the percentages that conked out. I would rather buy the cheapest LG, sony or panasonic.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 219
« Reply #387 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 03:26 PM »
^ With your post I suddenly feared for the condition of my unit (BDP-160) so I played a couple of BDs on it last night. I think that I'm also past the 6-month warranty period, if ever :'( It's still running good.

Offline TOP 20

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • Turn, Turn, Turn
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 10:21 PM »
The lens cleaning did not help. I took it back yesterday, just in time for the 6 month service warranty. It will be out for 3 to 4 weeks. Considering the price its really a good backup player. The big question is just durability. Well mine lasted just 6 months. Frustration sinks in and of course the possibility of money being wasted. But hey that is the risk I took buying this player. I really took a chance. :'( :(

Will I recommend buying one after all this? NO, but mine could be the "one in a million" that conked out. The market for this player is too small to look, see or compare the percentages that conked out. I would rather buy the cheapest LG, sony or panasonic.

Good thing your unit is still covered by the warranty bro. My ancient "Sammy" is still in good shape considering it's almost 3 years old now. I guess the Pana 110 or 210 would be a better alternative.

Thanks!
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Offline immobulus

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: Dec 13, 2011 at 02:48 PM »
Well guys the worst just happened:

Born 04-05-2011
Died 10-03-2011

My player just conked out on me last night. I tried testing it again this morning and it worked fine. However, this evening it keeps freezing up on me. Once it freezes up, nothing will work, I have to pull the plug. Oh well.  :'( :'( The worst is I rarely use this player. I just use it as backup. I will take it back to cdrking while its still within the 6 month warranty. I seriously doubt its the hdmi, hdmi switcher, bada conditioner or my receiver. I'm tired of testing it over and over again. So I will just take it back for repair.

Bottom line: What a piece of crap!!!!! For me anyways.

haaay i faced the same problem today. played a disc and it froze on me a few minutes later. rebooted and tried playin it again but still it froze. thought it was just the disc, tried other which played smoothly before and to my surprise it froze again! i thought to myself 'tsk tsk tsk eto na...' worst part is i cant remember when i purchased it and cant even find the receipt! is the service warranty only good for 6 months?