Author Topic: Plasma 2013  (Read 91945 times)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Plasma 2013
« Reply #360 on: Nov 08, 2013 at 11:53 PM »
Has anyone seen the 65VT60 gone lower than $2,299? (that's the lowest price I saw sa BB in Sept while Amazon went down to 2,399 a few weeks back).

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #361 on: Nov 09, 2013 at 01:54 PM »
Wow at that price sungaban ko na agad. Still around 3k here on my area. :(

Offline GIJoe

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 285
« Reply #362 on: Nov 11, 2013 at 03:26 AM »
Has anyone seen the 65VT60 gone lower than $2,299? (that's the lowest price I saw sa BB in Sept while Amazon went down to 2,399 a few weeks back).

Hmm i havent visited BB pero sa tingin ko yung yung 60 inch yan $2299. Sana bumaba pa yung 65 inch december or black friday.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: Nov 14, 2013 at 02:55 PM »

... There's one obstacle for plama's future: 4K.  Since it's unlikely that any company will invest in a plasma factory with 4K capability, it looks like plasma will forever max out at 2K.

I was just guessing at the time (Oct. 15), but in a new article, HDTVTest now also theorizes that it was 4K that stopped the Panny plasma.  The article has a good tech discussion:

What Killed Panasonic Plasma TV? 4K Ultra HD (Or Lack Thereof)
By Vincent Teoh
13 November 2013, 2:52 pm GMT
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/4k-plasma-201311133417.htm

Offline GIJoe

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: Nov 15, 2013 at 04:04 AM »

I was just guessing at the time (Oct. 15), but in a new article, HDTVTest now also theorizes that it was 4K that stopped the Panny plasma.  The article has a good tech discussion:

What Killed Panasonic Plasma TV? 4K Ultra HD (Or Lack Thereof)
By Vincent Teoh
13 November 2013, 2:52 pm GMT
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/4k-plasma-201311133417.htm

This is a sad news i hope i can get one VT or ZT series this black friday.

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #365 on: Nov 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM »
I hope some local AV stores sell the S60, ST60, VT60, and ZT60. so far only the 50X60 is locally available, and IMO, it's not worth getting.
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline sirhc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 191
« Reply #366 on: Nov 15, 2013 at 11:27 AM »
I hope some local AV stores sell the S60, ST60, VT60, and ZT60. so far only the 50X60 is locally available, and IMO, it's not worth getting.

+ a million... sadly, we would have to face the grim fact that this much more close to being impossible, esp with panny letting off their plasma line by March 2014.
Never stop learning.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: Nov 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM »

The way I see it, ST60, VT60 and ZT60 are not worth getting either.  What a buyer needs is the availability of reliable parts and service in case something goes wrong.

You think Panny will provide us with reliable parts and service for those TVs?

They can't even provide us with the TV itself.  Parts and servce pa ba ang pagtiyagaan niyan?  :D
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM by barrister »

Offline GIJoe

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: Nov 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM »

Di ba naging locally available ang ST50 which is not locally release?

The way I see it, ST60, VT60 and ZT60 are not worth getting either.  What a buyer needs is the availability of reliable parts and service in case something goes wrong.

You think Panny will provide us with reliable parts and service for those TVs?

They can't even provide us with the TV itself.  Parts and servce pa ba ang pagtiyagaan niyan?  :D

Swerte mo na lang din pag nasira agad yung TV.

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: Nov 17, 2013 at 05:23 PM »

yes, yung 65ST50. I saw in on display at SM Appliance, Makati before. it was also included in the Panasonic Philippines brochure.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: Nov 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM »

Yes, first one I saw was in Sept 2012 at LiS Shang.  I was looking for 50", pero 65 inch lang ang available.  Price was P200k+.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 03:27 AM »
$2,399 ulit sa Amazon ang 65VT60. 

Offline GIJoe

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 05:26 AM »
Ayus mukhang 65 na bibilhin ko sa black friday.

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 07:07 PM »
sir barrister, kung ikaw pipili, Panny 65vt60 o Sammy 64F8500?

Natanong ko lang kasi I am having this itch to upgrade from Panny 60ut50, I am a Panasonic fan, pero what I've read  is nanalo though by slim margin yung Samsung over Panasonic. Also dito sa lugar ko, cheaper by almost 1k dollars yung Samsung.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM »
Pasingit ne.

Have you actually seen both sets?  If you have or you actually can, no need to rely on those professional reviewers doing their thing under very controlled conditions - which most owners won't probably have in their own houses.  You can't be wrong with any of those 2 models.  Just choose whichever your own eyes like better assuming price is not an issue.  I'm sure after-sales support would be OK in Australia.

Kung mura ng $1000 ang Samsung, that's very huge.  In the US right now, that Samsung is much more expensive than the VT60 but cheaper than the ZT60.  That's why if I have to actually buy right now, I would choose the VT60 over the 8500 not only because Im satisfied with it's picture quality but also for the savings.  Kung naging pareho ang price ng VT60 and 8500, then it would be a big dilemma because I also like the image quality of the 8500 (under Movie mode) and I really like the brightness of the image.  In my opinion, I think the 8500 is better overall than the VT60 (but ZT60 is the best) despite that terribly narrow vertical angle of view when viewed very near at a steep angle (nobody normal is gonna watch that way) but my loyalty to the Panasonic brand is pretty strong (para ring Japanese car vs Korean car syndrome).

Kung maliwanag ang bahay mo, the brighter Samsung image would be very advantageous for sure.

.... kung ikaw pipili, Panny 65vt60 o Sammy 64F8500?

Natanong ko lang kasi I am having this itch to upgrade from Panny 60ut50, I am a Panasonic fan, pero what I've read  is nanalo though by slim margin yung Samsung over Panasonic. Also dito sa lugar ko, cheaper by almost 1k dollars yung Samsung.
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #375 on: Nov 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM »
Pasingit ne.

Have you actually seen both sets?  If you have or you actually can, no need to rely on those professional reviewers doing their thing under very controlled conditions - which most owners won't probably have in their own houses.  You can't be wrong with any of those 2 models.  Just choose whichever your own eyes like better assuming price is not an issue.  I'm sure after-sales support would be OK in Australia.

Kung mura ng $1000 ang Samsung, that's very huge.  In the US right now, that Samsung is much more expensive than the VT60 but cheaper than the ZT60.  That's why if I have to actually buy right now, I would choose the VT60 over the 8500 not only because Im satisfied with it's picture quality but also for the savings.  Kung naging pareho ang price ng VT60 and 8500, then it would be a big dilemma because I also like the image quality of the 8500 (under Movie mode) and I really like the brightness of the image.  In my opinion, I think the 8500 is better overall than the VT60 (but ZT60 is the best) despite that terribly narrow vertical angle of view when viewed very near at a steep angle (nobody normal is gonna watch that way) but my loyalty to the Panasonic brand is pretty strong (para ring Japanese car vs Korean car syndrome).

Kung maliwanag ang bahay mo, the brighter Samsung image would be very advantageous for sure.

Great input sir,...
Will definitely look into the Samsung as well,
Nakatuon lang kasi ang mata ko sa Viera,
Will check the Samsung as well,...

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #376 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM »
sir barrister, kung ikaw pipili, Panny 65vt60 o Sammy 64F8500?

For me, Sammy.  Nasa Philippines kasi ako, at bano ang marketing ng Panny sa Pinas, kaya malamang palpak din ang service.

Pero dahil nasa abroad ka naman at mukhang ok ang Panny sa lugar mo, ok lang kahit Sammy o Panny, depende sa preference mo.  Bigyan na lang kita ng guide.

Yes, panalo ang Sammy sa 2013 VE shootout with a very slight lead.  But remember, dalawang voting groups ang ginamit doon.  Sa audience votes, panalo ang Sammy by 0.2 point; sa experts' votes, panalo naman ang Panny, but only by 0.1 point.  Considered winner nga ang Sammy using the audience votes, pero panalo rin naman ang Panny using the experts' votes.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57584396-221/samsung-f8500-plasma-wins-value-electronics-shootout/

Either way, sobrang liit lang ng lead.  Ewan ko kung may significant and observable difference nga in real-world usage.

Sa color accuracy, traditionally mas magaling ang Sammy, pero this 2013, halos pareho na lang sila. Mas magaling pa nga ang Panny, according to the experts' votes.

Ang malaking contribution sa Sammy score ay yung brightness level.  Sammy ka na kung importante sa iyo yon.

Pero kung importante sa iyo ang black levels (at talagang importante nga ang black levels), Panny dapat ang choice mo.  Lalo na kung may dark room ka naman.  Besides, sanay ka na sa Panny, so sa tingin ko mas bagay sa iyo ang Panny.

Ang wala diyan sa shootout ay yung fan noise na nababasa ko sa forums.  May mga nagrereklamo sa ingay ng cooling fans sa Panny.  Isa pang problema sa cooling fans, pag nag fail ang fan, siguradong may masisira sa TV.  Ang Sammy, walang cooling fans.  For me, advantage ng Sammy yon. 
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM by barrister »

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #377 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 12:56 AM »

For me, Sammy.  Nasa Philippines kasi ako, at bano ang marketing ng Panny sa Pinas, kaya malamang palpak din ang service.

Pero dahil nasa abroad ka naman at mukhang ok ang Panny sa lugar mo, ok lang kahit Sammy o Panny, depende sa preference mo.  Bigyan na lang kita ng guide.

Yes, panalo ang Sammy sa 2013 VE shootout with a very slight lead.  But remember, dalawang voting groups ang ginamit doon.  Sa audience votes, panalo ang Sammy by 0.2 point; sa experts' votes, panalo naman ang Panny, but only by 0.1 point.  Considered winner nga ang Sammy using the audience votes, pero panalo rin naman ang Panny using the experts' votes.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57584396-221/samsung-f8500-plasma-wins-value-electronics-shootout/

Either way, sobrang liit lang ng lead.  Ewan ko kung may significant and observable difference nga in real-world usage.

Sa color accuracy, traditionally mas magaling ang Sammy, pero this 2013, halos pareho na lang sila. Mas magaling pa nga ang Panny, according to the experts' votes.

Ang malaking contribution sa Sammy score ay yung brightness level.  Sammy ka na kung importante sa iyo yon.

Pero kung importante sa iyo ang black levels (at talagang importante nga ang black levels), Panny dapat ang choice mo.  Lalo na kung may dark room ka naman.  Besides, sanay ka na sa Panny, so sa tingin ko mas bagay sa iyo ang Panny.

Ang wala diyan sa shootout ay yung fan noise na nababasa ko sa forums.  May mga nagrereklamo sa ingay ng cooling fans sa Panny.  Isa pang problema sa cooling fans, pag nag fail ang fan, siguradong may masisira sa TV.  Ang Sammy, walang cooling fans.  For me, advantage ng Sammy yon. 

sir, if i may join the discussion ... with that slight difference, i think that the $1,000 difference is a very compelling reason to go Sammy ... and with regards to higher brightness level, this makes Sammy more flexible on room location - by the next upgrade kasi, baka ma-move na from dark media room to a brighter living room yung tv :)
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #378 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 01:03 AM »
Yes, mabigat na factor din ang price. 

Ang laki kasi ng price difference, kaya mahirap din mag decide in favor of Panny, kung napakagaling na TV din naman yung Sammy.

Lalo na after a few years at ibebenta mo na ang Panny VT60 mo.  Baka mahirapan ka nang magbenta, kasi ang potential buyer mo, natatakot na wala siyang makuhang parts, in case na masira sa kanya.  Kasi nga stop production na ang Panny plasma.   

Pag nahirapan kang magbenta, siguradong baratan ang negotiations niyan.  Lugi ka na talaga.  Napamahal na ang bili mo, napamura pa ang benta mo.
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2013 at 01:08 AM by barrister »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #379 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 01:29 AM »
Malaki ang $1000 difference, just talked to Best Buy,
am sticking with the 65VT60, may sobra pa akong pambili ng SVS,...  ^-^

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #380 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 01:48 AM »
Yeah it appears na baliktad ang pricing situation ng US and Australia with regard to these 2 specific models.  With that level of savings, I would choose the VT60 in the US and the 8500 in Australia.

Agree with Barrister's post, well at least based on Magnolia Room's demo models, mas accurate ang color saturation ng Panny and the black levels are better.   Pero those differences probably wouldn't matter when you bring a VT60 or an 8500 home where you have no side-by-side comparison na.  And mas marami ka talagang flexibility sa installation location with a brighter image.  For those who are used to LED brightness, the 8500 is almost like something between a plasma and an LED.  That is not to say that the VT60 would not be suitable for a bright room  - it will be OK as well.  Even the ST series is OK under lights.

Having cooling fans has never been an issue for me - and my TV room in Tokyo is very narrow.  As long as the after-sales support of the maker is good in your country, I don't think this will be a major issue.  Wala ba talagang cooling fans ang Samsung for their top of the line model?  - I find that rather strange considering the amount of heat that high quality plasma panels produce - and these new TVs are getting thinner, thus proper heat dissipation becomes a bigger challenge.

I would strongly suggest getting an extended warranty if you get this level and size of TV.  Hindi mo naman maiisip ibebenta yung ganitong TV dahil maganda talaga and 65 is huge - but having extended warranty coverage for a reasonable amount of additional money is good.  My 2010 V2 is covered under 2015.   Unfortunately, I didn't have a similar option for the VT30 purchased from SNS.

Malaki ang $1000 difference, just talked to Best Buy,
am sticking with the 65VT60, may sobra pa akong pambili ng SVS,...  ^-^
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2013 at 01:51 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #381 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 09:18 AM »
Pasingit ne.

thanks sir sa inputs. I haven't seen them na magkatabi talaga, they are a few meters apart from each other, from my observation, could  be dahil lang sa sample material, mas dark ang 8500. yung bahay ko din is maliwanag kaya parang leaning towards 8500, kaso yung Panny Fanboy inside me wants Panasonic. Yung 64vt60 is 3.8k Aud, and the Samsung 64F8500 is nasa 2.8k, its a big difference.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #382 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM »
Wala ba talagang cooling fans ang Samsung for their top of the line model?  - I find that rather strange considering the amount of heat that high quality plasma panels produce - and these new TVs are getting thinner, thus proper heat dissipation becomes a bigger challenge.

Nabasa ko lang sir sa avforums (UK):

http://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-f8500-ps64f8500-64-inch-1080p-3d-plasma-tv-review.506

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #383 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM »
So far parehas ang 64f8500 at 65vt60 ng presyo dito sa vancouver.  Mga 3.5k pa din. Unang papalo sa 2.5k grab ko na agad. Sana. Hehe

Kung meron lang sana sasakyan oorder na ako sa US and padeliver ko sa kaklase ko malapit sa border. :D

Offline Oldboyracer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • May the upgrade be with you
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #384 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 05:08 PM »
^ im scared to know the price. It's tagged "professional".
But way cool.

Hi Setsuko, in the UK 85" - P2.3M, 103" - P5.2M & I think the 152" is around P17.5M.
It's a sad day for the loss of Pioneer & Panasonic in the PDP business so I will treasure my TH - 85VX200W when it finally arrives here from the UK.
Emotiva XSP-1 & XPA-DR2, SMSL VMV D1, ND8006
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #385 on: Nov 21, 2013 at 06:51 PM »
Hi Racer. Wow on your new TV. Maybe in my next life I can afford a P700k TV too. lolz

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #386 on: Nov 22, 2013 at 01:02 PM »
I got the tentative approval from Kumander, kung mabenta ko daw ng 1k yung tv ko, approved ang 64F8500! :)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #387 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 06:53 AM »
Best Buy's discounted price for the Panasonic 65VT60 - $2250

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 05:38 PM »
meron nang Panasonic 60U50 (60" Full HD) sa Sound & Vision (tein)! :D  its price is very tempting!  ::)

Offline revskie

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • HD Junkie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #389 on: Nov 23, 2013 at 08:28 PM »
220VAC?