Author Topic: Pioneer VSX 323 is it good?  (Read 1439 times)

Offline ashelyacts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pioneer VSX 323 is it good?
« on: Dec 24, 2013 at 01:20 AM »
Sells for 14k and part of todoroki package. Or should i just get the entire set for 29k?

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Pioneer VSX 323 is it good?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 09:50 PM »
if i will be the one to decide sir, dont get the entire set, its not price-worthy even with a free dvd player. todoroki speakers set are not good especially the subwoofer, the sound is boomy sabog ang tunog. As to the receiver, pioneer brand is ok because they are among the experts in that area, but as to speakers, no. there are many other brands which are definintely better even at that price range. Of course, exception would be the pioneer speakers outsourced to Andrew Jones but at a stiff price of 50k for the speakers alone and another exception is the pioneer diy sub of marco pilyo kasi pioneer din yung brand ng sub niya pero napaganda niya ang tunog.

but here, i'm referring to the todoroki speakers included at the set of 29k. Left and right speakers use only passive radiator. another todoroki Left and right speakers are available in other appliance stores which i think is much better because of the use of active radiator, but at a higher price of 16k for the left and right speakers alone.

lastly, beware that pioneer 323 lacks many features compared to the regular entry level which is pioneer 523. but if you intend to use it only as a mere "amplifier" to your speakers, then that would be ok na rather than buy the generic china amps of konzert or sakura because mas clean ang output nito. price at 14k? that's overprice kc credit card price yan. if you will pay in cash, try to haggle for a lower price or better, scout other appliance/audio stores.

IN SUMMARY, you may get the pioneer receiver 323 pero use other brands for speakers like wharfedale, jamo,mordaunt short,infinity, second hand polk etc ang daming mas magaganda jan, and subwoofer brands like wharfedale, us audio, dynaquest, second hand polk audio etc. In today's world, no single manufacturer can monopolize ALL gadgets and be excellent in all fields. It's like manny pacquiao challenging you to play basketball. kaya mo cya talunin sa basketball.... wag lang boxing.

hth