Author Topic: Plasma vs LCD ?  (Read 271612 times)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Re: Plasma vs LCD ?
« Reply #1380 on: Apr 18, 2012 at 09:33 PM »
What specific Viera model were you comparing with the LED?

65VT30 sir ang sa plasma,...

hindi ko lang matandaan ang model nung Samsung,
it was so bright, kaya it was pretty impressive, namutla bigla ang black level ng plasma
ng madikit sa LED ng Samsung,..

regards,...

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1381 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 01:15 AM »
"If you love life, life will love you back."

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #1382 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 02:50 AM »

it was so bright, kaya it was pretty impressive, namutla bigla ang black level ng plasma

regards,...

Malaki na din talaga ang improvement sa LCD TVs ngayon, so it's often wrong to plainly rule them out. Consider mo na lang if you're gonna watch in a bright room (like a typical living, family or dining room). If that's the case, baka better nga yung Samsung LED sa application mo. If it's in a light-controlled room (bedroom, dedicated HT, or kung dim-lit yung living room mo), baka yung darker blacks ang mas useful sayo.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2012 at 02:50 AM by Stagea »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1383 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM »
Oh the VT30 is talagang medyo nasobrahan ng kadiliman - which is one of the main corrections/improvements they made on the new VT50... but still, it's bright enough under usual house conditions especially if you select the bright(er) image settings like Living, Auto, Dynamic and of course Manual/User.

Pero kung mas type mo pala ang image characteristics ng high-end LED's then go for it.  Maganda naman talaga ang full array LED with local dimming.  Pag-isipan mo lang mabuti dahil

(1) baka mapagod mata mo sa liwanag at tapang ng kakulayan ng LED (although it is possible to manually tweak para ma-approach ang earthy colors ng plasma).
(2) tignan mo mabuti ang rendering ng edges and face contours sa LED kung kasing smooth and natural looking ng plasma
(3) tignan mo mabuti ang rendering ng human complexion sa LED.  Gusto mo ng parang makapal ang foundation or parang walang masyadong make-up?
(4) kung sa movies, di ka ba "natitigasan" sa colors ng LED?
(5) kalalabas lang ng MALIWANAG na GT and VT50 series

Well, whichever your eyes prefer.  Cheers!

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #1384 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 02:51 PM »
When I went to Best Buy this morning, I was intent on getting a 65" Panasonic Viera,
was thinking that Plasma is still the way to go,.. But yet again, the 65" Viera was sitting right
beside the 65" LED of Samsung, the brightness was a huge factor, as well as the contrast,
but DAMN, the Samsung was pretty impressive, now I am torn between this two unit,..
an LED or a Plasma,.. Time to do some more research,..

???

Bosing, congrats at natuloy pala ang biyahe!

Malaki na talaga ang improvement ng LCD/LED ngayon.  Pero yung naobserbahan mo ay hindi naman bago.

Side-by-side, mas maganda ang LCD/LED, pag nasa bright environment (maputla kasi ang plasma pag nasa bright room).  Pero pag nasa dark room na, mas maganda pa rin ang plasma (LCD/LED looks unnatural in a dark room).  

LCD/LED for brighter environments; plasma for dark rooms.  Ganyan noon, ganyan pa rin ngayon.

Ano yung natural at unnatural?  Try watching a real movie in a real movie theater again, para masanay ang mata.  Ang pinaka-natural na TV picture ay yung pinakamalapit sa real cinema image.  

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM by barrister »

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1385 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 04:45 PM »
Lcd will never be better than plasma (sorry for this harsh statement, but its just MHO). Simply because plasma uses the most direct appoach in reproducing images. In plasma panel, every pixel has its own "lightbulb" that can be individualy and independently controlled. With this level of control coupled with sophisticated processing engines, plasma displays can mimic the original image faithfully with all the details and nuances of the original image. This level of control of individual pixels is not possible with lcd. Yes, lcd may be superior vs plasma in other features, but for faithfulnes in image reproduction (which is the most important, by the way) plasma is the one to beat.

Offline ferdinand

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • DVD Guru
  • Trust is my virtue-enjoy life !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1386 on: Apr 19, 2012 at 07:31 PM »
Lcd will never be better than plasma (sorry for this harsh statement, but its just MHO). Simply because plasma uses the most direct appoach in reproducing images. In plasma panel, every pixel has its own "lightbulb" that can be individualy and independently controlled. With this level of control coupled with sophisticated processing engines, plasma displays can mimic the original image faithfully with all the details and nuances of the original image. This level of control of individual pixels is not possible with lcd. Yes, lcd may be superior vs plasma in other features, but for faithfulnes in image reproduction (which is the most important, by the way) plasma is the one to beat.
Its so simple plasma is the best tv techology.   lcd and led tv,ngek !!! ang sarap manood kapag plasma, hindi masakit sa mata

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1387 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 12:47 AM »
Oh the VT30 is talagang medyo nasobrahan ng kadiliman - which is one of the main corrections/improvements they made on the new VT50... but still, it's bright enough under usual house conditions especially if you select the bright(er) image settings like Living, Auto, Dynamic and of course Manual/User.

Pero kung mas type mo pala ang image characteristics ng high-end LED's then go for it.  Maganda naman talaga ang full array LED with local dimming.  Pag-isipan mo lang mabuti dahil

(1) baka mapagod mata mo sa liwanag at tapang ng kakulayan ng LED (although it is possible to manually tweak para ma-approach ang earthy colors ng plasma).
(2) tignan mo mabuti ang rendering ng edges and face contours sa LED kung kasing smooth and natural looking ng plasma
(3) tignan mo mabuti ang rendering ng human complexion sa LED.  Gusto mo ng parang makapal ang foundation or parang walang masyadong make-up?
(4) kung sa movies, di ka ba "natitigasan" sa colors ng LED?
(5) kalalabas lang ng MALIWANAG na GT and VT50 series

Well, whichever your eyes prefer.  Cheers!

Hi sir,..

Sorry for the delay in response, the wife has been touring us around the area,
I really fell in love with the resolution and brightness of the Samsung,
I'll try to drop by Best Buy again and get the model of the unit...

Somehow the only negative factor that will be bothering me is EYE STRAIN,.. hehehe
I never get that in my previous plasma, it was so soft in the eyes,..

But the sharpness and clarity of the images ng LED is truly amazing,
matched it with a 1080p file, or a bluray movie, or even the direct TV,
it is simply beautiful to watch...

Thanks for the tip sir,..

Will keep you posted,..

Cheers,..

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1388 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM »

Bosing, congrats at natuloy pala ang biyahe!

Malaki na talaga ang improvement ng LCD/LED ngayon.  Pero yung naobserbahan mo ay hindi naman bago.

Side-by-side, mas maganda ang LCD/LED, pag nasa bright environment (maputla kasi ang plasma pag nasa bright room).  Pero pag nasa dark room na, mas maganda pa rin ang plasma (LCD/LED looks unnatural in a dark room).  

LCD/LED for brighter environments; plasma for dark rooms.  Ganyan noon, ganyan pa rin ngayon.

Ano yung natural at unnatural?  Try watching a real movie in a real movie theater again, para masanay ang mata.  Ang pinaka-natural na TV picture ay yung pinakamalapit sa real cinema image.  

Hi sir,...

And THANK YOU, not to keen on leaving the country nga sana,
kaya lang my wife is already intent on living here sa US,
and somehow, the adavantages of living here outweighs the disadvantages,..

Somehow, the only company I have here is the TV, kaya nagbigay ng go-signal
si misis na bilin ko ang gusto ko to make my stay here worthwhile,
(though I am loving California and its weather right now,..)

Back to the topic, matagal tagal din po kasi akong hindi namasyal sa mga shops
dyan sa atin, kaya nagulat ako sa laki ng improvement ng mga LEDs,
I was intent on getting a 65" viera dahil nasanay ang mata ko sa linaw nya,
sus, ng matabi sya sa LED ng Samsung dito, iniwan sya ng napakalayo,..
Even my teens picked the Samsung over the viera,.. Considering parehas na silang 3D TV,..
I really need to do some more research,..

Regards sir,..!

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #1389 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 01:08 AM »
im not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in,nudge me na lang in the right direction if hindi to para dito..

im in the market for a (hopefully) 50 plasma 3d tv..

i know,i know.there are threads out here breaking them all down.but to be honest,half of the terminology used is lost on me  ;D

so if you guys could be kind enough,anung brand and model ang worth looking at,without breaking my 50k budget hehe

thank you.  :)

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1390 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 08:37 AM »
panasonic ut30m. simply amazing.

Offline ferdinand

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • DVD Guru
  • Trust is my virtue-enjoy life !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1391 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 08:53 AM »
In the long run of watching in LCD or LED, kailangan mo ng visine or eye mo siguradong makati na ang nga mata mo. but for plasma, swabe talaga

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1392 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 09:01 AM »
....Somehow the only negative factor that will be bothering me is EYE STRAIN,.. hehehe
I never get that in my previous plasma, it was so soft in the eyes,..,
Sir, if too brightness is straining your eyes, you simply lower down the contrast and backlight or brightness level. And if there is cinema setting, you may choose that as well. Do not choose dynamic which is to harsh, that setting is designed for in-store display. Good luck to your purchase sir.

Offline fnvillafuerte

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1393 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 09:31 AM »
@ABCmotorparts

Sir, another point to consider is the type of material you are watching. Nung nakita nyo po ba ang led vs plasma demo ay same ang source nila? Cgi cartoons po ba ang pinangdedemo? The latter will appear more vibrant in Lcd led panel because this panel has very high contrast and brightness levels. I suggest you bring along your favorite source materials at yun ang ipa-demo mo side by side. If you still have substantial dvd collection try to demo a few of them also, plasma is better in displaying dvd and analog sd sources. Then you can decide which one will satisfy you most according to  your actual preference.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1394 on: Apr 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM »
Hello Benedict,
Fully understand your dilemma because I myself will concede that the high end LED TVs look truly impressive already.

Honestly, hindi ko na fully understood kung bakit sinasabing mas maitim ang plasma where it is very obvious na mas madilim ang kadiliman ng LED kapag totally blacked-out ang screen.  Yung nga lang, parang sa sobrang lakas ng dilim ng LED, nababawasan ng contrast yung entire image – that’s what I meant na “matigas” ang kulay.

Resolution, same lang na 1080p diba? Hehehe

Brightness, no arguments. Last night I was looking at the new VT50 beside the GT50 and beside Panasonic’s high end LED na DT50.  Maliwanag man ang claim sa latest plasmas, mas maliwanag pa rin di hamak ang LED and mas matingkad ang kulay.  It should look great maski subdued ang house lighting pero kung very dark ang room, probably will cause eye fatigue more. But then, manual adjustments are available nga and those high-end LED models can be tweaked to appear very much like plasma in terms of colors and brightness – actually tried that with Sony’s 9xx series. 

Speaking of natural colors, alin nga ba talaga kuya? I swear mas natural yung color reproduction ng LED sa Tokyo Dome green turf and Yokohama Stadium because I have actually seen those places.  Punta ka sa Dodgers Stadium and see for yourself.  I also think na yung color ng complexion ng Japanese looks more natural sa LED than sa Plasma na medyo madilaw (like Chinese tuloy).  Eto interesting challenge, nood ka ng Lakers game and compare which TV tech can display the more accurate representation of their uniform.  Hehehe.

Siguro nasanay nalang ako, and I am certain, na no matter how less impressive a plasma looks in a store (compared to its equivalent grade LED), it’s truly beautiful when you bring home, and talagang hindi nakakapagod sa mata no matter what lighting level you watch under.  IR nga lang of course.  So last night while at the store, I was actually asking myself just how beautiful a high end Sony 9xx or Sharp Quattron or a Panasonic DTx series would look at home.  I think it should be impressive everywhere.

So what to do, what to do.  Since puedeng buy, try and return sa US, bilhin mo pareho and set them both in your house – then you decide which one to return.  I wouldn’t hesitate to do that if I were you.  hehehe

I really fell in love with the resolution and brightness of the Samsung,
I'll try to drop by Best Buy again and get the model of the unit...

Somehow the only negative factor that will be bothering me is EYE STRAIN,.. hehehe
I never get that in my previous plasma, it was so soft in the eyes,..

But the sharpness and clarity of the images ng LED is truly amazing,
matched it with a 1080p file, or a bluray movie, or even the direct TV,
it is simply beautiful to watch...

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1395 on: Apr 25, 2012 at 07:39 PM »
So what to do, what to do.  Since puedeng buy, try and return sa US, bilhin mo pareho and set them both in your house – then you decide which one to return.  I wouldn’t hesitate to do that if I were you.  hehehe
bro OT lang, wala ba ganyan option sa japan?
ninjababez online ..

Offline chris69ners

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1396 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 05:11 AM »
@Clondalkin

Ako din OT. Mabenta ba ang samsung and lg TVs sa japan compared to their japanese counterparts? Or, do they only patronize their domestic products? Which is the top seller?
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 05:26 AM by chris69ners »
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1397 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 07:44 AM »
Categorically NO.

Too much pride for the Japanese to patronize Korean consumer electronic goods. Kaya I really dont know just how good the very best offerings of Samsung are dahil wala kang makikita sa biggest consumer electronic stores.  Buti pa LG - they managed to generate some interest because of their passive 3D tech pero hindi rin mabili kahit mura yung top of the line models ng LG.  Ang mabiling Samsung and LG products are the PC monitors only.

Top sellers remain Sharp and Sony for LED HDTV, Panasonic for Plasma - undisputed, kahit mas mahal di hamak - mas mahal pa compared to US prices.  Yan ang national pride.  Ang problema, kahit gaano sila kabili and ka-profitable sa Japanese market, the rest of the world is just tooo big and they are losing sa Koreans mainly because of pricing - kaya lugi ang global figures.

Korean cars, lalong ayaw.  American cars, ayaw din except yung exotic models.  European luxury cars - Yes na Yes.

Pero sa industrial sector, domestic industries remain strict in adopting Korean made equipment and devices, pero sa overseas jobs designed and contracted by Japanese EPC (Engg, Procurement & Const), Korean products are OKs na OKs because outrageously cheap.

Korean Drama,Yakiniku, Kimchi and beauty care products - Yes na Yes.  hehehe

Sorry sa OT.

@Clondalkin

Ako din OT. Mabenta ba ang samsung and lg TVs sa japan compared to their japanese counterparts? Or, do they only patronize their domestic products? Which is the top seller?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1398 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 07:57 AM »
No such policy sa Japan.

Pero grabe at galante ang big stores sa demo. Every single model has at least one demo unit na nakakabit sa actual CS and BS Broadcast.  Tapos kahit paglaruan mo maghapon, no limit sa testing - basta legal yun dala mong content of course and hindi MKV - hehehe - hindi lang yung madadayang demo materials na gawa ng bawat maker.  Kaya ang daling mag-compare ng PQ sa actual contents (SQ they all basically suck naman).  Kaya nga alam kong inaccurate yung kulay ng Tokyo Dome turf sa Plasma compared sa LED because they would show live baseball games.  And kaya gustong gusto ko rin yun soap opera effect ng LED kasi kapag tinabi mo sa Plasma ay nakakatuwa.

Naulol nga ng guest namin recently when I brought him sa headphone and electric guitar sections.  Puede mong i-try whatever model you like kahit gaano kamahal (kahit hindi ka naman bibili pa) kaya sigurado ka na sa bibilhin mo before you open your wallet.    Yun ang magandang compromise instead of having return policy dahil wala ka nang reason na sabihing pangit (pala) yung nabili mo diba?   Although parang ang saya pa rin kung meron return policy.  Hahaha

bro OT lang, wala ba ganyan option sa japan?
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 07:59 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1399 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:46 AM »
thanks sa info bro  :)
kung may HDTV na philippine made .. bibili ba tayo?  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline chris69ners

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1400 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM »
Patawa ka naman pre eh!  :D

@Clondalikin

Thanks for that great info sir! Ganyan pala situation sa japan how they treat korean electronics. Pati sa cars damay din pala!  :o

Korean girlie group T-ara hit naman yata sa japan. Meron jap version ng Bo peep!

Sorry sa OT uli.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM by chris69ners »
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1401 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM »
thanks sa info bro  :)
kung may HDTV na philippine made .. bibili ba tayo?  :D

Basta maganda ang PQ, well-made, matibay, at okay ang after sales service. Why not? ;)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1402 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM »
Basta maganda ang PQ, well-made, matibay, at okay ang after sales service. Why not? ;)
sa lahat ng sinabi mo bro, dyan lang ako medyo napaisip  ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1403 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM »
Sony, Sharp, Panasonic, etc. used to make TVs locally (CRT days). I'm not sure if they still do (probably not).

@Clondalkin
The funny part is that many Japanese TVs use Korean CRTs, Panels and other parts din. I guess the average consumer does not care about that.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM by Stagea »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1404 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 01:17 PM »
Yeah, that's an open secret especially as regards Sony.  Sharp and Panasonic lang ang merong sariling panel factories in Japan - (kaya ang laki lalo ng lugi because ang taas ng manufacturing cost especially since the Yen appreciated so high).  I think nobody questions Sony's use of Korean and other non-Japanese panels because their end products are still a marvel of workmanship and design, and they still manage to discriminate themselves through cutting edge video engine tech.  Grabe sa ganda yung 920 series ng Sony and I think they have the best looking soap opera effect amongst the LED makes.

Of course, it would be very interesting to actually pit the best of Sony side by side with the best of Samsung lalo na sa Japan na open na open ang consumers sa premium features at premium cost.

Isa pang tsismis nga pala about consumer electronics.  Grabe ang piratahan ng Japanese engineers by Korean companies.  The division that developed LG's passive 3D consists of Japanese engineers who got disgruntled due to lack of support by their company on passive 3D tech.  Then came the Koreans offering them bazillions more money and full support. Kaso may catch, most of them have contracts not exceeding a few years.  After the contract, bihira ang na-e-extend because the idea is, NAHIGOP na yung relevant know-how ng Japanese engineers during that contract period, so ibang engineers naman ang pipiratahin.  And when they return to Tokyo, bagsak agad sa job interview when the Japanese company sees their Korean adventure - snobbed and treated as traitors somehow.

BTW, yung high purity water technology ng Samsung that is a must for high grade LCD production is still Japanese tech.

@Clondalkin
The funny part is that many Japanese TVs use Korean CRTs, Panels and other parts din. I guess the average consumer does not care about that.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #1405 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 01:51 PM »
Panasonic used to use Samsung CRTs for mainstream TVs (NEC was often used for high end models), though I think they largely leveraged IPS Alpha for LCD panels (and it makes sense, as they are a major stakeholder). I think they now control IPS Alpha.

Victor used Samsung LCD and Plasma panels and electronics extensively (di ko alam if upto now) despite being a part of Matsush1ta back then. They had TVs that were essentially Samsungs with a different menu system, calibration and enclosure. Hindi ko alam kung ginagawa pa nila upto now. Baka nagmove-on na sila sa Chinese suppliers.  

When I spoke with a Japanese Sharp exec a few years ago, he was very proud in saying that they're the only major LCD panel maker in Japan. He was essentially saying that all the other brands have 'sold out' by going offshore.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 01:53 PM by Stagea »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1406 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM »
Just got back from Window Shopping,
And I am simply surprised with all the price drop of LEDs and Plasma around me,...
There was also a Best Buy in Moreno Valley that is closing,
and is selling a 65ST30 for only $1700,.. Brand new in a sealed box,....
External drives like the one I'm using is going for only $153 (WD My Book Essential 3TB, USB 2.0 + USB 3.0)

Then we went to Costco, and they were offering a beautiful Samsung UN60EH6050 for only $1550..

Still waiting it out,..

Awesome,..

Offline greatauror28

• Collector
  • DTS Master Audio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1407 on: May 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM »
Just bought LG 50pv400 yesterday. I wasn't able to calibrate it with any bluray movie because the BD player isn't coming until Wednesday and the satellite TV is yet to be installed on Wed too.

Scored the plasma for only $653.10 GST and environmental fee included :)

I'll create a thread for my personal review in the coming days.
50P400 BP120 PS3 RTiA7 A1

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1408 on: May 13, 2012 at 12:44 AM »

There was also a Best Buy in Moreno Valley that is closing,
and is selling a 65ST30 for only $1700,.. Brand new in a sealed box,....

Walang kuwenta ang ST30 sir.  May green blobs issue yan.

ST50 dapat para pogi ...  ;)

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1409 on: May 22, 2012 at 09:43 PM »
LED TV vs. Plasma TV: New Winner Crowned
at 2012 Value Electronics HDTV Shootout

By Chris Boylan
Published: 2012-05-21 - 07:34:53

The Contenders:

•Panasonic TC-P65VT50 65-inch plasma HDTV
•Samsung PN64E8000 64-inch plasma HDTV
•LG 60PM9700 60-inch plasma HDTV
•Samsung UN60ES8000 60-inch LED-lit LCD HDTV (side lit)
•ELITE PRO-60X5FD 60-inch LED/LCD HDTV (full array LED backlit)
•Panasonic TC-L47WT50 47-inch LED-lit LCD HDTV

This year's winner ----- the Panasonic TC-P65VT50.

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/LED-TV-vs-Plasma-TV-2012-Value-Electronics-HDTV-Shootout.shtml
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012 at 09:44 PM by barrister »