Author Topic: Pinoy Idol  (Read 33104 times)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
Re: Philippine Idol
« Reply #180 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 09:45 AM »
Who got eliminated last night?

What was the theme last week and who was the guest judge? (Not this week, LAST week).

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #181 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 10:57 AM »
Good News and Bad News

Good news: Jelli was eliminated!

Bad News: Armarie was eliminated!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #182 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 01:51 PM »
What was the theme last week and who was the guest judge? (Not this week, LAST week).

Pinoy bands; Wency Cornejo.

==========

When I saw that Ken was in the second group with Arms, Mau and Apple, I knew for sure one of "my girls" (they are my top three choices to win this competition) would be in trouble. I have no idea exactly who is voting for Ken at this point.

When you look at the bottom two in that group, Arms and Apple, I think the problem was - they were splitting the same vote. They're almost exactly the same type, as Ryan C. also pointed out - they're strong performers with maybe a bit too much self confidence. I suppose the closest analogy I can think of is La Toya London and Jennifer Hudson. One had to go earlier to strengthen the voting support of the other.

At least I hope that's how it goes...
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2006 at 01:52 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #183 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 08:06 PM »
When Jelli got eliminated  i thought that there is some hope in the way people are voting. Although i did feel a tinge of sadness ( a very small tinge lang ) kase for the 1st time i was able to listen to her performance without cringing, then she got eliminated the next day.

That sense of hope got dashed big time when Ryan A. announced that Ken was safe! I guess the aussie dollars do come a lonnggg way for him.

Whats up with Pow, though? She's been doing the same thing week after week. Her performances are getting too predictable.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 11:10 PM »
 ;D Was glad of the results..

It was inevitable for JELLI to pack up. She could not hold a candle to the other strong female contenders. But she is really lovely. She reminds me of Miriam Quiambao. With her height, figure, talent and good command of the Queen's language, she could be our next representative to the Ms. Universe  ;D

As for ARMS, well, I never really liked her to begin with. Her style is so antiquated and her vocals is something I don't wish to listen on CD.  But I think her  one liner (Vote wisely, matuto na tayo) last week did it for her. Frankly, she sounded so desperate and made the others appear like non-talents!

I hope their fans, as Reymond's and Drae's did (I think), would all switch to MAU who is getting better week after week. I think this is most possible if these fans want to get rid of JAN and MIGUEL.

And true, POW is getting too predictable..
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2006 at 11:16 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 04:26 PM »
It's "Sharon Cuneta Night" on Idol tonight daw?

If so, I'm sad Jeli's gone, since she surely would've done "Cross My Heart."  ::)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 06:13 PM »
Hay naku, love songs nanaman. When are they gonna have Eraserheads night?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 09:18 PM »
It's "Sharon Cuneta Night" on Idol tonight daw?

Hindi pala. It's "Dance Music" night.

Sayang din na wala na si Jeli for this theme...  ;D

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 10:32 PM »
Jeli was John Stevensed.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 10:57 PM »
With the exception of Mau's performance, the entire show was painful to my ears. I could not get all the praise for Jan, since I really thought he did the entire song off-key, and "La Vida Loca" doesn't even have a complex melody.

If I were to rank the performances, it would be:

1. Mau; 20 points higher than...

2. Apple; 50 feet of crap higher than...

3. Everyone else

If Pilita tells Pow to wear a skirt or Mau that she's fat one more time, then they have the legal right to shoot her. She's so fixated on those two things. Had I been Mau, I would've said, "Ma'am Ita, have you heard of Aretha? She's a performer who is much more respected and acclaimed than you ever were. And if you watched American Idol 2, you'd know that the winner was at least a hundred pounds heavier than me, and on that franchise, most of his competition could actually sing. So sod off, you geriatric 'Asia's Queen of Songs' and take your body image issues straight out of the 1950s with you."
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2006 at 04:17 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 12:33 AM »
I know it's getting irritating. Pow likes to wear pants. She should wear pants. That's who she is. Mau is fat but a lot of famous singers are fat. She's talented. That's all that matters. Take it or leave it.

Offline jayps

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • "was blind, but now I see..."
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 01:45 PM »
Rankings:

1. Gian - for me this is how to do it. Just because the theme is dance doesn't mean you have to have a chorecogphy just like what some did. It was slick and effortlesss. Overall
performance, he was the best last night. Grade: A-/B+
2. Apple - Vocally speaking, she was the best last night. She went for the big notes, and she hit them big time. I didn't hear the usual sharp notes. But what the heck was she trying to prove with the veil??? What was she thinking? Plus she really needs to work on her attitude, she seemed aloof and mataray. Grade:A-/B+
3. Pow - this was her comeback performance. what's up with Mr C.'s comment? Her performance was a departure from her previous performnaces. Ano pang reinvention ang gusto niya? tumumbling si Pow ng nakapalda? This was her best performance in a long time. But there were still some off notes she needs to work on. Grade: B+

------------

4. Jan - TACKY! TACKY! I cringe a lot of times with his over the top dance moves. But kudos to his energy, he's probably the only one who soared with the band. All of the judges picked him as one of the best perfermrs of the night. So not true!!!! Grade: B-/C+
5. Mau - everybody knows she's a great singer, there's no doubt about that. But as a performer she really needs to loosen up and be more relaxed and seasoned. But mamita's comments were way off, so what if she's not thin. What Mau needs is more confidence (and better taste in her outfits), not to lose weight. Grade: B-/C+
6. Ken - what the crap was the feather all about??? When I first saw it, I almost laughed to death. It distracted me so much I barely remember his performance. But I think this was one of his better vocal performances. Everytime he intwerjects "C'mmon" in the song, I want to punch him till he dies! Grade: C
7. Miguel - another performance that shows why he didn't deserve to be in the Top 12. Regine's comments were a hoot! Grade: D

Bottom 3

Should Be:
3. Mau
2. Ken
1. Miguel - ELIMINATED

Would Be: (Predictions)
3. Ken
2. Apple
1. Pow - ELIMINATED

Quote of the Night:
(not verbatim)
"There are 2 movements... na parang pagirl" (Regine Tolentino on Miguel)

The Judges
Ryan Cayabyab - He didn't think Gian and Pow were that good and Jan was supposed to be??? Whatever!

Pilita Corales - what is her obsession with skirt and body fat???? I like the craziness she brings in the show but seriously!!

Regine Tolentino - she exceeded my expectations. She was actually good. i thought she would be holding back with her comments, but thankfully she did not. In fact in some cases, she was the only one who pointed out things that have been so obvious previously.

Random thoughts:
- backup dancers????? bakyang bakya!!!!!
- this was probably the most energetic the crowd has ever been

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 481
« Reply #192 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 03:38 PM »
obvious na di maabot ni jan yung part na " like a bullet through your brain" kaya tinula nya na lang!  and yup, don't the idols have fashion consultants to help them with their looks? Mr. C was too harsh with Pow. She was aiight, though mas marami pang kinanta yung back up singers kesa sa kanya. Hope the results won't crush a more deserving contestant's dream tonight!

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #193 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 05:00 PM »
Miguel should be the one to go. I think the last time any judge had a positive comment about him was when he sang "next in line". and that was a while back.

Doubt if he will be eliminated though. Unless all his fans heard regine's "pa-girl" comment about his dancing and got disillusioned in the process.

and i concur about everyone's observations re pilita's obsession with pow and mau. i think if the competition was really about  someone who not only sounds good but fits their stereotype of who looks good as well,  they shouldn't have allowed mau and pow into the top 24 or 12. it's as bad as accepting female finalists into Rockstar Supernova knowing that Tommy and company would never pick a girl.

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 09:43 PM »
Apple. :( :( :(

My cousins and I were supposed to watch it live next week. Haay Obviously, change plans unless theyre still going for Miguel but oh well...

No sense watching this show now. :-\
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2006 at 09:47 PM by alcobobaz »

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 10:20 PM »
Rankings:

Bottom 3

Should Be:
3. Mau
2. Ken
1. Miguel - ELIMINATED

Would Be: (Predictions)
3. Ken
2. Apple
1. Pow - ELIMINATED

Well, nice predictions. The Should-be's though ended up seating comfy in that corner couch.

APPLE's departure was totally unexpected..I had this gut feeling that KEN, who had probably watched Madonna's The Girlie Show Concert a hundred times, was going to pack his feathered jacket..Frankly, the choice of attire further fanned rumours about his sexuality. The posters in the PI website are having a grand picnic on this. Click:

http://www.abc.com.ph/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2268

I agree PILITA should stop nitpicking on POW's attire and MAU's weight, as if they were offenses punishable under the law.

Regine Tolentino was a breath-of-fresh-air. Her judging was more real than Mamita's.

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2006 at 10:26 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline alcobobaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 10:57 PM »
I now get how the others or you guys feel if your idol gets the boot. Ive been kinda biased ever since the beginning. I was rooting for Apple and Miguel cause Apple's my kabarkada's sister and Miguel is their friend and also my cousins' classmate(haha ang layo na but still..). So yeah, I was just for them and only them and complained when people complained on how their idols are gone and how the likes of Ken, Jelli and fine, Miguel are still there.

I voted for her but she still got voted off. Now I know why the others constantly attack the weaker singers, but yeah.. Sayang. :( I still dont have anything against Ken or Miguel or whoever but  HAY NAKO I really hope KEN WINS THIS THING just to piss everyone off. Theyre kicking all the good singers one by one!!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 11:02 PM »
Ugh.

I personally felt Apple was a lot more marketable than Mau had she won this competition. The girl is versatile, confident and has very good stage presence, plus is (let's be honest) more aesthetic.

I think the best part of the results show for me were the obvious looks of shock and disgust on Arms' and Jeli's faces when it was announced that Apple was eliminated instead of Ken. Priceless!

When this competition started, I really thought a female would win, since I honestly felt the females were much more talented than the male contestants. Now we're left with Mau and Pow, who have good voices but are sometimes underwhelming when performing, and a group of males who mostly cannot sing. Despite all the praise, I really thought Jan was William Hung-laughable yesterday, while Miguel and Ken were... their usual selves.

At this point, I really want Ken and Miguel to be the final two, since it'll be interesting to see how ABC will market either of them as the winner of Philippine Idol. That would really be their HUGE investment flushed down the toilet, so it'll be chaos. I'd like to see the mad scramble.  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2006 at 11:20 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 09:43 PM »
i  cringed while watching jan's performance. thought he missed most high notes. expected him to be dissed. and what happened? everyone praised him!!!!

on a side note, chanced upon the performance of pinoy pop superstar's defending champ (whose name escapes me at the moment). she sang "get here" which, if i'm not mistaken, ken sang a week or so ago. gave me goose bumps because there was no birit, it was beautifully done (even the judges commented about her cool style). would have whupped ken's ________ if they were featured back to back. oh well.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 at 09:53 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 10:38 PM »
I have to say: Mo Twister is probably the best guest judge. He should DEFINITELY replace Francis M.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 10:47 PM »
it's probably haji for me... points to mo' for his "fearless prediction" tho. he's the first guest judge with balls to actually pan ken as badly mr. c has. LOL.

in defense of jan, his performance was much better than i expected... i was waiting for him to "choke" badly, but he didn't. and he delivered it with a touch of class. his worst note however was cleverly disguised by the BV's ... so i doubt it was that noticeable when heard live.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 at 10:50 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 10:50 PM »
I want a transcript of Mr. C's comments on Ken, since I don't think even Simon has ever been that cruel.

Nasty, but he did it with a playful smile on his face.  :D

That was the most fun I've had watching Idol this entire season!
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 at 10:52 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 10:52 PM »
I want a transcript of Mr. C's comments on Ken, since I don't think even Simon has ever been that cruel.

he basically told ken "you are person people LOVE to hate". LOL.

oh, and note to ryan a. ... just because people talk about you (in reference to his comment to miguel) on the internet, it doesn't necessarily mean they support you. LOL.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 at 10:58 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 10:56 PM »
woo hoo!!! yey mo twister!

the only problem with mo's prediction is, he's not exactly the most popular guy around. what if all his enemies come together and vote for ken just to see him wear a dress for a week?  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 11:06 PM »
the only problem with mo's prediction is, he's not exactly the most popular guy around. what if all his enemies come together and vote for ken just to see him wear a dress for a week?  ;D

My sentiments exactly.  ;D

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 11:35 PM »
woo hoo!!! yey mo twister!

DJ MO seemed game about it but I'd still rather see KEN go home than see the former in drag.. But KUDOS to him! He brought life to the show and is a way, way better judge than Francis M.

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 06:00 PM »
At this point, I really want Ken and Miguel to be the final two, since it'll be interesting to see how ABC will market either of them as the winner of Philippine Idol. That would really be their HUGE investment flushed down the toilet, so it'll be chaos. I'd like to see the mad scramble.  ;D

I reallly want  this to happen   seeing Ken and Miguel at Finals ..  ;D ;D ;D   

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 481
« Reply #207 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 08:04 PM »
i am so scared that one of the better singers will be booted out tonight because of mo's 'jasmine trias' moment. ken supporters who felt it was ken's time to go will vote for him just to spite mo. pati si kuya germs and the entire that's entertainment alumi!!!grrr!!! sayang. ok na sana ang frankness nya!
that was indeed jan's best performance. i voted for mau although i disagree that there was nothing she could have done to the song. regine remakes songs all the time and finds something there to change. other forums say lea salonga will guest judge next week?!? please don't let ken be there!!!

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 09:54 PM »
YES!!!! FINALLY!!! after so many weeks of waiting... BYE BYE KEN!!!

DJ Mo made this week's viewing very enjoyable. I would want him to be one of the resident judges. Mo and Hadji and Mr. C. That would be a formidable line-up. If they really want a female judge. let's see how Miss Lea does next sunday. She has always been my Number 1 female choice since the whole PI thing was announced. Lea's participation was confirmed by Ryan A when he announced next Sunday's theme.. Movies and Musicals.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2006 at 09:55 PM by garfield_3199 »

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 10:33 PM »
can't wait to see lea as one of the judges! finally! she deserves to be heard in these contests!
Absolutely no regrets!