Author Topic: Denon A/V Receivers  (Read 352276 times)

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Denon A/V Receivers
« Reply #600 on: Jan 31, 2006 at 11:29 AM »
pao... specs of my Denon AVR-1906 purchased from SGT Home Theater are exactly the same as those posted in US sites... bili ka na kay SGT... benta mo na yang Yammy mo or try mo trade sa kanya...

Nadagdagan na ang requirements ko eh...  Aside from the component video up conversion, I need an AVR with Zone1/2.  Para puwede ko na i-output yung stereo sounds sa Patio (otherwise, I will need to separate audio components there).  Yung asian model naman ng 657 ay walang Zones (US version meron).

Sa Denon naman, they have Zones, but you will have to give up your surround back speakers.  So 5.1 na lang ang main HT room mo, and channels 6&7 will be Zone2.  Sayang lang.  Sana 7.1 pa rin yung main room, and separate channels for Zone2.  So, the hunt continues...

Congrats pala Fafa Kawboy!  8) Kaya pala puro sideline ka ng Samsung phones...  Mahal talaga gatas ngayon.  :-[

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #601 on: Jan 31, 2006 at 11:39 AM »
may ibang version version pa ba Denon? available ba yun dito? ano difference?  :)

Dati nag-inquire ako about the 2105 model from Denon.com.hk.  Eto reply nila...

Quote from: Denon.com.hk
Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx,

Thanks for your inquiry .

There are 2 diferences in the features of AVR-2105 sold to USA , Europe and Asia .
USA model :
1) allow video conversion to component
2) video section bandwith to 100MHz

Europe and Asia model :
1) Not allow video conversion to component
2) video section bandwith to 30MHz

The differneces is due to the market demend and sells cost .

Best regards

DENON

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #602 on: Jan 31, 2006 at 03:07 PM »
Nadagdagan na ang requirements ko eh...  Aside from the component video up conversion, I need an AVR with Zone1/2.  Para puwede ko na i-output yung stereo sounds sa Patio (otherwise, I will need to separate audio components there).  Yung asian model naman ng 657 ay walang Zones (US version meron).

Sa Denon naman, they have Zones, but you will have to give up your surround back speakers.  So 5.1 na lang ang main HT room mo, and channels 6&7 will be Zone2.  Sayang lang.  Sana 7.1 pa rin yung main room, and separate channels for Zone2.  So, the hunt continues...

Congrats pala Fafa Kawboy!  8) Kaya pala puro sideline ka ng Samsung phones...  Mahal talaga gatas ngayon.  :-[

hehehe... if I were you, I'd go for the separate audio set up sa lanai... dyan ba next 4C reunion?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #603 on: Jan 31, 2006 at 09:42 PM »
Nadagdagan na ang requirements ko eh... Aside from the component video up conversion, I need an AVR with Zone1/2. Para puwede ko na i-output yung stereo sounds sa Patio (otherwise, I will need to separate audio components there). Yung asian model naman ng 657 ay walang Zones (US version meron).

Sa Denon naman, they have Zones, but you will have to give up your surround back speakers. So 5.1 na lang ang main HT room mo, and channels 6&7 will be Zone2. Sayang lang. Sana 7.1 pa rin yung main room, and separate channels for Zone2. So, the hunt continues...

Congrats pala Fafa Kawboy! 8) Kaya pala puro sideline ka ng Samsung phones... Mahal talaga gatas ngayon. :-[
Check if there is a pre out for zone 2. Just use a separate amp for zone 2 so no need to use 6th and 7th channel.

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #604 on: Mar 28, 2006 at 03:08 PM »
where can i get the beat deal for a 2106?

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #605 on: Mar 28, 2006 at 03:53 PM »
Pls try Home Theater, Sonny Tuazon, 813 8443, 812 5235, 0920 9000 325
Enjoy what you have!

Offline stratix2

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #606 on: Apr 07, 2006 at 06:55 PM »
Just want to post my experience with Denon AVR's to all of Denon users.

I used to have AVR 1604 driving MA B4 front, CSi25 Polk Audio Center and MS902 surrounds. I do not have subwoofer primarily because of space constraints and the power that my current floor standers deliver. Back then with 1604, I can hardly hear my center speaker  :-[ when used in movies or if I am listening to music in 5.1 mode. This despite the various adjustments made in the volume and other minor tweaking done. This was the normal observation until I upgraded to Denon's AVR 2803. I have not seen any thread yet for this specific series of Denon AVR's so I thought of sharing to you guys this other product of Denon.

Just had it last month and though still in break in mode, I can really tell the BIG difference of the quality of sound this baby produces. It drives my center speaker with ease  :-\, front speakers with so much clarity  :-* and surround speakers with vibrant details :o :o :o. With the power rating at 95W (7 channels) and max power i believe at 125W in 8 Ohms (stereo), it now gives me more leverage to choose from wide array of speakers should I decide to upgrade them in the future.

Best of all, I got the sweetest deal with the unit courtesy of SGT. I did not bother having the unit tested at SGT's place when I decided to buy it. The specs alone and the experience having used a lower model justified that it is worth every cent I am spending.

I could not compare how this fares with the other 280X series, especially the 2807, which was a 5-star awardee. However, this baby makes me feel a lot better than any other AVR's of other brands I have tested out there.
NAD C356DAC2 / NAD C516BEE
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Paradigm Studio 20V3 / 20V5 / CC490V5
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #607 on: Apr 07, 2006 at 07:59 PM »
the best combination: Denon and SGT Home Theater  ;D

Offline 5Speed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #608 on: Apr 12, 2006 at 12:44 PM »
mas maganda ngang tumunog ang higher model na Denon....

just recently audition with my friend the 3805 and 3806 ng Denon since he is planning to buy a new AVR,  using B&W 603 floorstander and I cannott distiguished any difference in sound reproduction....siguro features lang ang major upgrade between the two...or maybe my ears is not that delicate to hear the difference.....herehrherhe

We tried Yamaha, Pioneer Denon and Marantz.....so far Denon got his vote....with very close vote with Marantz...the overall packaging of Denon wins it for him....

Next time we will try to audition the Onkyo and HK....and probably the Arcam, Onix, Naim and Nad if his budget permits...This is going to be his first AVR since he's into two channel audio only....until he visits my house and watch the Star Wars movie with me and some of our friends....He has a Sony HT in a box right now, and he told me that he doesnt enjoy watching movies on his system right  after our small get together at my house.....hehehe I think he got SARS at the moment..........

Offline jomonds

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Tralalalala!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #609 on: Apr 15, 2006 at 12:24 PM »
5speed, how much were the 3805 and 3806 selling for?   

tia  :)

Offline dench

• Collector
  • The most beautiful sound next to silence.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #610 on: Apr 19, 2006 at 01:44 PM »
bro, san yung SGT?
VPI~Verity Audio~Cary Audio~Dynavector~Sutherland~Unison Research~REL~Audio Sensibility~Massif

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: Apr 19, 2006 at 02:46 PM »
dench,

UG-8 Prince Tower, Tordesillas cor Bautista Sts.,
Salcedo Village, Makati City
813 8443

look for Sir Sonny Tuazon  ;) tell him you were referred by a Pinoydvd member

Offline regulus

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • live by faith and not by sight
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: Apr 19, 2006 at 05:12 PM »
mga sirs any feed back sa denon 1705?? good deal ba to for a begginer like me

Offline dench

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #613 on: Apr 20, 2006 at 10:39 AM »
mga gurus and experts:

I'm buying my first AV receiver and now seriously choosing between Denon 1905 and HK 235. I've read posts in the other thread and it looks like they prefer the HK 235 more. So I hope to get the opinion of Denon guys here naman.

I've auditioned both receivers already but still can't decide.

I like both HT and audio and right now i'm more inclined with the 1905 only because it is slightly cheaper, its classic look and for me Denon is Denon. I think it is the more reputable brand being the older brand in the business. That is my opinion.

Do u think I will not go wrong if i choose either of the two? Thanks for the upcoming replies!
VPI~Verity Audio~Cary Audio~Dynavector~Sutherland~Unison Research~REL~Audio Sensibility~Massif

Offline Bravesfan

• Collector
  • Been here since 2005
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 819
« Reply #614 on: Apr 20, 2006 at 10:49 AM »
I have the same dilemma with Dench...Actually 1706 that already has 7.1 & EZ setup vs. HK235 are my top choice considering my budget... ???

Thanks in advance for your advice or suggestion!!!

Offline Platinum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #615 on: Apr 20, 2006 at 11:07 AM »
Dench and Bravesfan,

Just my two cents:
It really depends on your taste because I auditioned the HK 330/430
and Denon 1905/2805 last year, using B&W603. If you like power for your HT and audio,
go for HK. If you like a "swabe" sound even at higher volumes (pwede ka pa makipagkwentuhan even at -5db), go for the Denon. Personally, my ear settled for Denon! HK at higher volume irritates my ear. Let your own ears decide!  :)

-Platinum
Enjoy what you have!

Offline dench

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #616 on: Apr 20, 2006 at 03:10 PM »
thanks for that Platinum.

But do u happen to know if Denon is thumbs-down when it comes to after sales service like availability of parts? I've read and heard kasi na ito ang problem ng Denon dito sa Pinas, hirap ng parts kung may masira.  Of course this is a big factor for me. Is this true?

Offline Platinum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #617 on: Apr 20, 2006 at 03:42 PM »
Sir Dench,
I never experienced yet going to the service center with my Denon (lucky maybe at maingat
talaga ako sa mga gamit). Brand new receivers, IMO, seldomly breaks down (Denon Quality Control).
However, what you're concerned with maybe is if its bought 2nd hand. Personally, in case if it breaks down, (after 5-6 yrs maybe) benta ko na, at sulit na rin.  :)
-Platinum
Enjoy what you have!

Offline Bravesfan

• Collector
  • Been here since 2005
  • Liked:
« Reply #618 on: Apr 22, 2006 at 10:08 PM »
Mga Sir,

Saan pa kaya ako pwede mag audition ng Denon 1706 at 1906? Galing ako sa SGT kahapon kaso wala na sya stock for demo. Sa Sights & Sounds ganun din wala naman nakaset up na Denon puro Onkyo yata nandun. ???

Thanks!!

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #619 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 12:10 AM »
try AV Driver at Shang, Bravesfan

Offline dench

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #620 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 09:09 AM »
bravesfan,

sa B&W katabi ng sights and sounds sa Shangrila, I was also to audition the Denon 1906. Puro Denon doon.

HTH :)

Offline Bravesfan

• Collector
  • Been here since 2005
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 06:17 PM »
Thank you Sir Jeckjeck at Dench, update ko kayo pag naauditon ko na. Actually galing ako spectra and ok na para sakin HK 235 pero syempre baka magustuhan ko din Denon kahit 1706 lang since medyo mahal na 1906 para sa budget ko. 

Offline AVetc

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Apr 26, 2006 at 12:40 PM »
Platinum Sir,

Tanong lang po..anong mas prepared mong surround yong WH2 o yong 9dfs.
I'm using D8.3 as front and center; for my 1906. ok lang ba itong combination ko?
I'm planning to buy 9dfs or WH2 to complete my set up.

thanks po,

AVetc

Offline lakambini

• DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #623 on: May 31, 2006 at 04:44 PM »
Hello AVetc,

How's the combination of 1906 and the wharfs especially on stereo?  I am keen on possessing the same set-up as yours.  So far what are the pros/cons of this set-up?  How much is the 1906?  Thanks1

Offline sanction214

• Collector
  • This is why we need Power line Conditioners!
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: May 31, 2006 at 11:15 PM »
1905 or 1906 cost 20k cash here in cebu...

Offline knefut

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • zzz....
  • Liked:
« Reply #625 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 10:44 AM »
1905 or 1906 cost 20k cash here in cebu...

mura yang 1906 sa inyo bay.

last time i asked, 27k ang 1906 dito.

Offline sanction214

• Collector
  • This is why we need Power line Conditioners!
  • Liked:
« Reply #626 on: Jun 02, 2006 at 10:07 PM »
does denon trip? when it gets heated up?...i'm at a loss which AVR to buy for my jbl scs 200.5...denon sounds promising (1906) coz, if i'm not mistaken it has auto-calibration or auto set-up features...right?...so, minus gulo sa buhok at utak ko pag kinalibrate for the room...i had my speakers paired with HK140 (no offense to the thread) it sounded well..though it got no auto-calibration feature, which i think is very helpful for a newbie in HT...but the 140 lacks power too i think its 45 or 55 per channel...while denon1906 is a good 80 perchannel...i still have to audition it though..anyways...violent reactions or suggestion are welcome ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #627 on: Jun 02, 2006 at 10:20 PM »
I have the 1906 and have used the auto set up... very convenient talaga... came in very hand when I moved to a new place, calibrated agad yung HT ko...

Get the 1906.. sulit! Of course bias ako  ;D ;D

Get it from SGT The Home Theater... cheaper than other shops for this model...  ;)

Offline lakambini

• DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Jun 06, 2006 at 03:28 PM »
How much bigay sa iyo Sonny?!?  May free cables ba?  OK ba sound kapag listening in stereo?

Offline lakambini

• DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
« Reply #629 on: Jun 06, 2006 at 03:33 PM »
sanction214,

magkano 2805, 2106 at 1906 jan sa cebu?  pwede ba jan bili?  And MA-MAHAL kasi d2 Manila!