Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 430700 times)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Amazon.com and Royale Logistics Philippines Delivery
« Reply #210 on: Feb 15, 2005 at 03:37 PM »
By the way, there is a P538.04 customs fee which was automaticlly charged to my credit card. This is regarding my post above. I guess mas ok na yan kesa wala.

that's a first! edgar23, was it charged in dollars and converted to peso or peso na talaga? also, who charged it, Amazon.ca?  ???

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Feb 15, 2005 at 04:51 PM »
Just got my replacement shipment from Amazon today for the lost order I had in December.. they sent this Feb 1 and arrived at Pasay Central PO on Feb 11 then at Alabang PO today... Weird, they usually course my orders through Las Pinas PO not Pasay...  ???

Sad thing is, the box was opened since all the tape was torn off and retaped... there was no bubble wrap or any styro inside the box which was huge for the 2 discs inside... The 2 snapper cases were just wrapped together in plastic and taped to a piece of cardboard... they were just loose inside the box...  :P

Seems to me, the huge Amazon box attracted someone at the PO or wherever but since the discs inside were not really hot items (Chris Rock Bigger and Blacker and Chris Rock Show Vol. 2), binalik na lang...  :-\

Well, at least I got them and only paid P30 again... I still do not have the replacement dvds from koreandvds they sent Jan 10 or 11 for the orders I lost in December also...  :'( I wonder if they will send a 2nd replacement  ???

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #212 on: Feb 15, 2005 at 05:02 PM »
All packages arrived from Amazon via Royal Logistics are all sent through Pasay P.O. Royal Logistics paid all duties and taxes and also for the delivery fee depending on the size of box. 30,60,80,100 pesos respectively.  Royal Logistics personel arrange them in Pasay P.O. twice a week. and it shpuld be delivered to your doorstep free of charge since they are paid already. Brod jeckjeck,bakit may bayad pa ng 30 pesos?  And why do you have to pick it up?

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Feb 15, 2005 at 05:09 PM »
I do not really know baby. That's the way it has always been here with the Alabang PO whether from Amazon or koreandvds ang order ko...  May P30 and for pick up at their office inside Ayala Alabang Village ???

Kaso sir, dati may order ako from Amazon also coursed through Royal Logistics pero sa Las Pinas PO dumaan based on the stamps...  ??? First time ko to get a package coursed through Pasay PO... I think if I remember correctly...

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Feb 15, 2005 at 05:22 PM »
I also pick up my packages from our local post because of @$%^%^@% reasons. ;D
and also, Pasay p.o. postmen have no service cars or motorbikes. Not like in Makati,  They have delivery vans to delivery at your doorstep.  kaya swerte ang mga taga Makati if their package is sent through Royal. :(

Offline edgar23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Feb 15, 2005 at 05:26 PM »
that's a first! edgar23, was it charged in dollars and converted to peso or peso na talaga? also, who charged it, Amazon.ca?  ???

It was already in pesos. What happened was DHL paid for the customs tax and then they charged me for it.....i think. Actually sinabe na ng amazon.ca that i will be charged for customs tax so expected ko na rin.

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Feb 15, 2005 at 05:34 PM »
I was also charged by dhl from a replacement from amazon.paid 2,100 for lotr gift set replacement >:(

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Feb 20, 2005 at 05:01 AM »
Is it safe to orer from Amazon marketplace? I mean yung mga second hand dvds? Do they follow the same payment process as the regular Amazon site?  ???

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Feb 20, 2005 at 06:29 AM »
By the way, there is a P538.04 customs fee which was automaticlly charged to my credit card. This is regarding my post above. I guess mas ok na yan kesa wala.

Before DHL will charge you for their custom tax when your package arrive here in Manila na...they changed their policy already.....amazon.ca. That's what happened to me on my first purchase from them......horrible & nightmare although you can easily track your package before DHL comes knocking at your doorstep......I paid P1600 for just four dvds.  :(

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Feb 20, 2005 at 11:38 AM »
Is it safe to orer from Amazon marketplace? I mean yung mga second hand dvds? Do they follow the same payment process as the regular Amazon site?  ???

yes.. there's a separate link for that topic sir jeckjeck. :) you may check it for reference.

Offline edgar23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 08:12 PM »

mali pala....when i verified with the credit card company, yung 538.04 pala is for my cellphone bill (hehe stuoid me)....I thought it was for DHL, and weird kasi nung description nung bill eh... :P hopefully i don't get charged anymore....if so, then the replacement package sent to me by Amazon is completely free.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2005 at 08:16 PM by edgar23 »

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Mar 03, 2005 at 12:10 PM »
guys, opinion/suggestions niyo sana with this toy. my friend is planning to buy this & wants this asap. what's the best option? how about tax issues?  ::)

transformers 20th anniversary optimus prime
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001206P6/qid=1109821216/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-1819135-2492659?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

thanks!

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Mar 03, 2005 at 04:05 PM »
guys, opinion/suggestions niyo sana with this toy. my friend is planning to buy this & wants this asap. what's the best option? how about tax issues?  ::)

transformers 20th anniversary optimus prime
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001206P6/qid=1109821216/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-1819135-2492659?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

thanks!

This query is better placed in another forum.  However, I assume your friend will not take delivery of the item in the Philippines.  IIRC, Amazon doesn't ship toys to the Philippines.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Mar 04, 2005 at 06:16 PM »
I have lost 3 orders of single titles in 2 months from Amazon. The first lost was replaced but the replacement didn't arrived. Amazon credited my account for the lost title. Now another disc seemed lost, it has already passed 1 month. I have been purchasing from Amazon for 7 years but this is very worrying. Is the problem of mail pilferage on the rise again, or just dumb luck?

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Mar 04, 2005 at 06:22 PM »
me too sir, I also lost a couple of orders from Amazon but the replacments I received... I also lost 2 packages from koreandvds...

which post office usually handles your deliveries Mouldingo? Mine are coursed throuh Las Pinas PO and it is infamous for lost packages and questionable customs fee charging...  ;D

My suggestion to you is to open an account with Johnny Air Cargo... I've been using them for all my US orders and so far so good.... just visit the thread in this forum also  ;)

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Mar 08, 2005 at 10:17 AM »
Got my Schindler's List Collector's Gift Set from amazon at QC Central PO at NIA road....I didn't have to pay anything. This was shipped last Feb. 12 via expedited intl. shipping. ETA was Feb. 28 - Mar. 8. I received the postal notice (considered local small package) yesterday. The package has the stamp of Royale Logistics Phils. They mailed it from the Pasay Central PO last Feb 22 via P80 speed post and stamped received by QC PO last Mar. 2. Picked it up this morning around 8am. The lady in counter 37 was nice and just handed me my package. She just reminded me that if the declared value exceeded $50 it would be taxed. Declared value on my package was $36. Even the customs man was in a jolly mood...I was in and out of the PO in less than 5 mins.
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2005 at 10:28 AM by aeris30 »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Mar 08, 2005 at 04:48 PM »
Got my Schindler's List Collector's Gift Set from amazon at QC Central PO at NIA road....I didn't have to pay anything. This was shipped last Feb. 12 via expedited intl. shipping. ETA was Feb. 28 - Mar. 8. I received the postal notice (considered local small package) yesterday. The package has the stamp of Royale Logistics Phils. They mailed it from the Pasay Central PO last Feb 22 via P80 speed post and stamped received by QC PO last Mar. 2. Picked it up this morning around 8am. The lady in counter 37 was nice and just handed me my package. She just reminded me that if the declared value exceeded $50 it would be taxed. Declared value on my package was $36. Even the customs man was in a jolly mood...I was in and out of the PO in less than 5 mins.

good for you sir! I guess depends really on the PO branch...

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #227 on: Mar 08, 2005 at 05:14 PM »

Same good experience here.

Ordered a DVD Feb 19 via standard shipping ETA late March, total value incl. shipping around $18. Got the notice last Friday March 4. Package shipped from mailed from Pasay Central Post Office for P40 postmarked Feb 28. Was in and out of the QC Central PO in NIA Road in less than 5 minutes. Did not pay for anything, not even the customs inspection fee of P30.

I was a little apprehensive at first since I used to pick up my packages at Araneta PO in Cubao where I knew the guys already.

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Mar 09, 2005 at 08:51 PM »
may I remind that you don't have to pay any customs tax if it's via Royal Logistics. So the Customs Examiner don't have to charge you anything.

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Mar 09, 2005 at 09:31 PM »
may I remind that you don't have to pay any customs tax if it's via Royal Logistics. So the Customs Examiner don't have to charge you anything.

Thanks sir for the reminder...i know i don't have to pay customs tax since it's via Royale Logistics and is considered local mail. :)

Offline animated

• Collector
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Mar 22, 2005 at 10:22 AM »
hey all.

i just noticed something fishy in the amazon shipping rates page.

from what i remember, the standard international shipping took around 10-16 business days before, now it says 11-40 business days. i checked the shipping confirmation e-mails fro amazon of my previous order and it says that it's 10-16.

is it just me or has it always been 11-40?  ???

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #231 on: Mar 22, 2005 at 10:43 AM »
hey all.

i just noticed something fishy in the amazon shipping rates page.

from what i remember, the standard international shipping took around 10-16 business days before, now it says 11-40 business days. i checked the shipping confirmation e-mails fro amazon of my previous order and it says that it's 10-16.

is it just me or has it always been 11-40?  ???

Based on my previous orders, the estimate they gave for standard shipping after I placed the order was around 4-5 weeks after the order date. So far, all the packages arrived at around 2 weeks--much earlier than their estimate. Natatagalan na nga lang ng ilang araw dito.  I don't order that often, so others may have a different experience from mine.,
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2005 at 10:43 AM by gaol »

Offline wasanchez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 06:12 PM »

Hi. I hope it's still ok to post here even though the last post is a few months old already. I just got my amazon package from the QC CPO and it was sent via Royale Logistics. It does cost above $50 ($79.98 to be exact), but I read from the posts here that any package sent via Royale Logistics is considered as local mail and should not be taxed. But the lady at the releasing counter asked me for a P1,200 customs tax! I'm not really a haggler so I just said that I only had P500 (and I really did have only 500) and she accepted but said that she cannot issue a receipt for it. My question is, if the amazon package sent via Royale Logistics can legally be considered as local mail, is there any agency or office where we can submit a complaint if we are taxed for it? An honest one preferably. I wouldn't want to give my complaint and be "taxed" for it  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 10:36 PM »
technically, local mail should not be taxed, what PO is this btw?

8)

Offline wasanchez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 11:05 PM »
The CPO here in Quezon City. I know it shouldn't have been taxed but I couldn't tell the lady that the package is a local mail 'coz it has a big amazon.com on it  :-\

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 11:47 PM »
i guess. you just have to show her proof of the mail being shipped locally via the return address stickered on the box..

there are QC people here which can help you. do send them a pm.

8)

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Aug 03, 2005 at 12:22 AM »
This does not bode well for us, friends.  Kailangan may pumalag diyan sa QC.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 03:13 PM »
Hi. I hope it's still ok to post here even though the last post is a few months old already. I just got my amazon package from the QC CPO and it was sent via Royale Logistics. It does cost above $50 ($79.98 to be exact), but I read from the posts here that any package sent via Royale Logistics is considered as local mail and should not be taxed. But the lady at the releasing counter asked me for a P1,200 customs tax! I'm not really a haggler so I just said that I only had P500 (and I really did have only 500) and she accepted but said that she cannot issue a receipt for it. My question is, if the amazon package sent via Royale Logistics can legally be considered as local mail, is there any agency or office where we can submit a complaint if we are taxed for it? An honest one preferably. I wouldn't want to give my complaint and be "taxed" for it  :)

I think if the package sent has a declared value on it, especially if above $50, it will be taxed regardless of how it was sent.  Those customs guys at the PO are learning to inspect these things and if they come from online sites, they know what to do.  Amazon seems to be a common origin for many.  And Amazon is known to sticker the comercial value on their parcels. 
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 at 03:14 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 03:33 PM »
One alternative that I have always used since I lost some packages from Amazon is JAC... very reliable and faster  ;D Plus you do not have to deal with post office people  ;D

Offline bubuchokoy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #239 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 12:40 PM »
read the whole thread. :) i was kind of tempted to buy the amazon bargain dvd's but was reluctant since this would be my first time.

of course, i'll need to create an amazon account first. then place a dvd order and enter my precious credit card number. i'd be choosing int'l. standard rates?. verify amazon price and shipping costs. wait for 3-5 weeks upon placing an order. hope that royale logistics would deliver the order at my doorstep.

anything i've missed? :)

btw, any feedbacks on pasig post office?
many thanks!