Author Topic: mordaunt short speakers  (Read 189142 times)

Offline H a n $

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:mordaunt short speakers
« Reply #120 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 02:09 PM »
Akyat,

Cge pre wait for your advise...hope wag this week hehehe

Offline j_albert22

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • SARS LUMAYO KA
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 02:36 PM »
sayang gusto ko pa naman sumama makikibalita na lang kami post nyo naman result ha kung who the best ha :( :(

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 07:42 PM »
j_albert22, sige post ko ang results, pero sama ka na din pag may pagkakataon.

Offline j_albert22

• DVD Guru
  • SARS LUMAYO KA
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Oct 16, 2003 at 08:27 AM »
ok kung sa sched thank you

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Oct 16, 2003 at 12:18 PM »
Akyat,

Sayang pala yun Luxman mo hybrid eh for checkup di bale pre marami ka naman extra amp dyan hehehe

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Oct 20, 2003 at 08:31 AM »
akyat,

update naman sir this Sat would be nice.. ::)

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Oct 20, 2003 at 11:34 AM »
wala pang sked pre, papatingin ko sana last weekend kay joan2 yung luxman kaso hindi ako nakapunta dahil kay bush.  pwede pala sana last saturday, i was home in the afternoon.  anyway, will pm you kung meron nang sked.  im planning to visit joan2 this coming sat, baka pwede na sa sunday kung libre.

MUSIC on 5.1ch
After spending a long time just listening to 2ch stereo w/ integrated amps, i switched back to HT with my marantz receiver & kenwood amp.  Panalo din sya sa music, esp. in DPL2.  One of the strengths of MS is the center speaker.  Not only is it crystal clear with movie dialogue, but as a bonus it also sounds very sweet.  Circle Surround sounds good - i think it was designed to make an HT setup sound good on music.  However, it seems to be making the assumption that you have bookshelf speakers for the fronts - most of the music is coming from the center channel and subwoofer, with the fronts and rears taking care of stereo imaging effects.  The result was less bass coming from my front floorstanders.  DPL2 has a different strategy - you can control the width of the soundstage, and how much is sent to the center channel.  This allows me to have as much bass on the fronts as 2ch stereo, while at the same time get the benefits of better separation on the vocals.  The disadvantage of DPL2 at least on my setup is that it makes lesser use of the subwoofer.  This could be an advantage if your floorstanders could handle the low frequencies; you save electricity coz you don't have to power up your sub.  Verdict: PWEDE!

MOVIES on 2ch
Last week I watched the entire first season of "24 hours" (24 episodes) on 2ch stereo with my MS-908 floorstanders and Sansui integrated amp.  I did not use a subwoofer.  The experience was different from a 5.1 setup but for me just as enjoyable.  You would have to consider (1) the missing center channel, (2) the missing sub, and (3) the missing rear speakers.  The missing center is easy to solve by listening in the sweet spot;  if you move too far to the left or right the imaging is lost.  For the missing sub, having a muscle amp drive my floorstanders helps enough that i didn't miss the sub too much.  If i were watching Matrix or T3 i would certainly miss the sub, but for most movies, this does the job.  I remember watching on 2.1ch (fronts w/ sub) and it got ever so close to a 5.1ch experience.  For the missing rear speakers, i turned on SRS TruSurround on my DVD player.  This setting simulates rear speakers using only 2 front speakers.  It didn't really feel like there were rear speakers, but it diffuses the sound effects enough that it doesn't seem too obvious that they're coming from the front.  Verdict: PWEDE RIN!
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2003 at 06:32 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #127 on: Oct 20, 2003 at 11:54 AM »
bro,

kailan ko ba madinig setup mo?

Iyong shootout kanila james between my 912 and B2 niya is for schedule pa din. Siya na lang inaantay ko.

Sexy talaga 908 mo.

The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Oct 20, 2003 at 01:58 PM »
kasamang nels76, isa talaga sa mga criteria ko ang ka-seksi-han, di lang sa speaker kundi pati na rin...
sa sapatos!  hehe... di joks lang 2yrs na pala ako di nakakabili ng bagong sapatos, nauna ang speaker/amp upgrade.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2003 at 06:25 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Oct 21, 2003 at 12:32 AM »
Akyat,

ok just wait for your PM pre hope wag sunday coz family day.. hehehe ganda talaga ng MS908 :o :o

Offline Narayan

• Trade Count: (+362)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • When we change. . . the world changes with us.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #130 on: Oct 21, 2003 at 07:56 PM »
Akyat,

Pls let me know should you finally decide to get the 914s for your pure audio set up.

Gusto ko rin and we might be able to get a bigger discount kung sabay bibili di ba bro. Tnx ;D
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC
Meadowlark Kestrel 2/ERA D10

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Oct 23, 2003 at 05:01 PM »
sige narayan... i can't decide yet what to get for my pure audio after i got beaten to the punch with that yamaha speaker.  maybe the comparo between nels76 and james16 will help me decide.  either way, MS and MA are both winners.  ;D

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Oct 23, 2003 at 05:21 PM »
Akyat,

Regards to your link on stereophile 100 hot product yun Dahlquist DQ-10 loudspeaker ?? meron ata si Hyperaudio saw one at his shop.. auditioned it and it was awesome..
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2003 at 06:27 PM by Hans Adriane »

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Oct 23, 2003 at 06:00 PM »
thanks hans adriane, mapuntahan nga minsan.  i haven't been to hyper's shop yet.  the vintage ns-1000x that i saw is 1/2 the price of the vintage DQ-8 so i think good deal sana yun.  what gave me 2nd thoughts was the big size (for a bedroom) and the fact that with custom kamagong stands it costs exactly the same as a bnew B2 w/o stands.  but after i saw the asking price in yahoo auctions japan (80k yen or roughly 40k pesos for a 15yr old speaker), i just had to get it.  it's been for sale 2 weeks after i saw it.  when i finally made the decision on the 3rd week it was gone.  hu hu hu... :-[

the MS-912 and MA-B2 are in the same price range.. adding jun reyes stands in the equation, the MS-914 enters the picture.
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2003 at 06:13 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Oct 23, 2003 at 06:21 PM »
Akyat,

Dahlquist DQ-10 loudspeaker was also a big floorstander... but a size near a personal ref. wowow grabe nga laki pero kung it will give you endless listening pleasure ok pa rin.. sayang lang at sold na..  :)

BTW Akyat ready na yun B4 for audition with your sansui amp. :) wait na lang kami..
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2003 at 06:30 PM by Hans Adriane »

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Oct 24, 2003 at 04:36 PM »
sa susunod na sabado (nov. 1) pwede kayo ng 10am?  ngayong weekend kasi papa-check ko kay joan2 yung luxman amp saka maghahanap ako ng parts sa raon.  next week na lang ang MA/MS/surplus amp test.  8)

onga pala, itatanong ko pa sa guard kung pwede mag akyat ng gamit pag sabado.  kainis dun sa bldg namin may oras ang pag akyat ng applicance & furniture.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: ay sori di pala pwede sa nov.1.... nov. 8 na lang pala.
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2003 at 05:12 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline j_albert22

• DVD Guru
  • SARS LUMAYO KA
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Oct 24, 2003 at 09:46 PM »
hehehe makakapunta kami dyan oks yong sched sana matuloy na!

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #137 on: Oct 25, 2003 at 06:28 AM »
akyat,

sama ko jan ha.

By the way, baka sa place ko na gawin iyong B2 - 912 friendly comparison.

Anatayin lang matapos iyong place.

Wala na HT ko. hu hu hu. :-[ nakaligpit na.
The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #138 on: Oct 25, 2003 at 11:56 AM »
akyat,

sama ko jan ha.

By the way, baka sa place ko na gawin iyong B2 - 912 friendly comparison.

Anatayin lang matapos iyong place.

Wala na HT ko. hu hu hu. :-[ nakaligpit na.

sama din ako....

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Oct 25, 2003 at 12:29 PM »
OK na ok malapit na ito..... 8) 8)

Offline LtCool

• Collector
  • Ass U Were
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Oct 27, 2003 at 04:05 PM »
Guys, do you knew if MS would match a yamaha receiver?

Akyat, seen the ref type NS-1000 at the pier nung naghahanap ako ng ampli dun, they really huge pero okay yung sound, they quoted me lowest is 3K for the speaker, pero di yun ang pakay ko that time, sayang nga yun it's a best buy if it cost 80Kyen, sino kaya naka acquire nun.

Another good news for you guys, my friend says he's availing his 25% employee discount on speakers if I'll gonna purchase from their store (SM Fairview), they are selling MS speakers there. If MS is a good match for my Yammy I might consider purchasing their floorstanders, You guys can ride along your purchase of MS speakers with 25% discounts. I'll clarify the prices and details with my friend.

Cheers,
-LtCool-

Offline james16

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Oct 27, 2003 at 04:20 PM »

Akyat, seen the ref type NS-1000 at the pier nung naghahanap ako ng ampli dun, they really huge pero okay yung sound, they quoted me lowest is 3K for the speaker, pero di yun ang pakay ko that time, sayang nga yun it's a best buy if it cost 80Kyen, sino kaya naka acquire nun.

Another good news for you guys, my friend says he's availing his 25% employee discount on speakers if I'll gonna purchase from their store (SM Fairview), they are selling MS speakers there. If MS is a good match for my Yammy I might consider purchasing their floorstanders, You guys can ride along your purchase of MS speakers with 25% discounts. I'll clarify the prices and details with my friend.

Cheers,
-LtCool-

naku, magandang balita yan! sir narayan, may pagkakataon ka makabili ng 914 at a good price.

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Oct 27, 2003 at 04:23 PM »
Bro,

i suggest you give the MS914 a try if you like floorstanders. kindly post if ok to ride along in your purchase with the 25% discount. I am also considering the 914s. thanks :)
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline james16

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Oct 27, 2003 at 04:23 PM »

Cheers,
-LtCool-

sir, my suggestion is that if you can bring your yammy and audition them...... that is one way for you to hear if its a good match. kelangan, habang tumatagal lalo masarap pakinggan....

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Oct 27, 2003 at 04:34 PM »
nakupo... di pa ako maka-decide!!  hehe... bibili na ba kayo?  andyan ang MA, andyan ang MS, andyan ang pier.  haaaaay...

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Oct 27, 2003 at 04:44 PM »
nakupo... di pa ako maka-decide!!  hehe... bibili na ba kayo?  andyan ang MA, andyan ang MS, andyan ang pier.  haaaaay...

bro,

i plan to bring my old MF pre/power amps tomorrow sa 5th Ave. glorieta to hear the 914s lengthily. Try ko rin siguro ang MA904s para maka decide kung alin ang ok.

will post result of audition here.
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Oct 27, 2003 at 04:51 PM »
Ltcool, u like to audition your Yammy with my MS?  Hehe... pagkakataon ko lang makarinig ng yamaha.   ;D

Wow pang serious buyer na si sir Narayan.

Offline coolkiks

• Collector
  • cool na cool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Oct 27, 2003 at 04:57 PM »
finally I completed my HT set up, kenwood 9060d and MS 914 as my fronts and 902 as my surrounds. MS din po ang gamit ko for Center and subwoofer. Break-in stage pa sya, just bought it last friday. Di ko lang po alam kung ano ang tamang settings for my sub  ;D

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Oct 27, 2003 at 05:11 PM »
wowowow... congrats coolkiks!  hope u enjoy it.  ;D

Offline coolkiks

• Collector
  • cool na cool!