Author Topic: Sharp Aquos  (Read 30462 times)

Offline baboinsky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I don't want no teenage queen, I just want my M14
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sharp Aquos
« on: Dec 29, 2006 at 06:09 AM »
I haven't seen discussions about the Sharp Aquos LCD TV's here in Pinoydvd.  Do we have members here who own this model? If so, kamusta naman ang performance nya? I'm looking into the possibility of purchasing the 32inch model at 95999php (cash payment)/99,999(credit card that can be broken down to 6/12/24 months deffered payments).  Plus you get the wall bracket free, a 21" TV, and a 30Gig Ipod Video.

Ok kaya itong deal na ito? My obeservation kasi is most members in this forum are leaning torwards the samsung LCD Tv, which is a little bit expensive compared to Aquos. 

Thanks!

Offline redram

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Sharp Aquos
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2006 at 07:58 AM »
I own a Sharp Aquos for 2 years now. I only have a 20 inch model (am in condo unit) which at the time cost 100k. No regrets... great performance viewing DVDs, but I needed to connect signal booster to enhance cable TV viewing. I compared this to Sony, Samsung and other models, my personal opinion best in picture quality.

I'm considering buying a bigger size Aquos when I move in to a bigger place and when the prices have stabilized a bit.

Offline baboinsky

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2006 at 08:18 AM »
thanks for sharing your feedback.  Actually what's stopping me from buying the Aquos is the potential decrease of prices of LCD Tv's next year (Im not sure if this information is true).  I don't want the feeling of being commited to pay for 12 months tapos biglang bagsak presyo  ;D

Buy or wait, that is the question.

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2006 at 09:57 AM »
I was looking at this one also and I auditioned a couple of tv's yesterday.  Narrowed down my choice to Sharp LC-32BX5M, the 32" Toshiba Regza and Samung 32" na Sonoma/Bordeaux (I did not consider the 32" Sony Bravia S Series kasi it will break my 100K barrier hehehe) but still deciding on this kasi hindi ko rin magagamit I will be out of the country for two months baka hintayin ko na rin lang ang price drop.  Sabi rin sa Western Megamall na nagbebenta sakin ng Toshiba baka daw gusto kong maghintay kasi may lalabas na bagong model with a faster response (6ms) and better looking frame :D Kaya lang kasi sayang din yung mga libre ang hirap magdecide tuloy  :-[  There's also a lower model LC-32AX5M at Abenson Shangrila priced at 83K (without anything free).  Same features of BX5M minus PIP and PC input.
Back from the grave!

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2006 at 04:32 PM »
hi, jus went to rp yesterday and ask the abenson guy about sharp LC-32AX5M compared to sonoma of samsung. sbi nya ang samsung is only 1megapixel wyl sharp is about 3megapixel daw.. also iv notice dat the contrast ratio of sharp is only 800:1 and sonoma is 3000:1. sbi nya rin mas mataas daw ang reponse time ng sharp..?? can some1 clarify this..? thanks!

nalito tuloy ako which one to choose.. what i like about samsung is meron na sya hdmi connection.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2006 at 05:38 PM »
3 megapixels?  No such thing yet for LCD TVs.  Full HD or 1020p is 2 megapixels only.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline baboinsky

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2007 at 05:53 AM »
3 megapixels?  No such thing yet for LCD TVs.  Full HD or 1020p is 2 megapixels only.

I've been told the same thing about the TV being 3MP.  It's even in their brochure.  hmmmm buti nalang na mention nyo.  Research ulit

ty

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2007 at 08:48 AM »
Actually what's stopping me from buying the Aquos is the potential decrease of prices of LCD Tv's next year (Im not sure if this information is true).  I don't want the feeling of being commited to pay for 12 months tapos biglang bagsak presyo  ;D Buy or wait, that is the question.

There's always the risk of cheaper price within the next 12 months but if Aquos selling strategy is unlike the others: Samsung, SONY, etc that every year they will release different models...and it seems each newer model is better than the other, etc. Otherwise, do expect a price drop but probably not as much as the other brands....like flys dropping  :-[

For example, I bought my SONY HDTV in Jan 2006. Within the next 2 months, it droped by P20,000. By Dec, the price dives to the lowest ravine & I lose out almost P40,000 in total....& I'm still having completed my installment payment pa!  >:(

Anyway, in a way I'm glad I took the plunge as I've enjoyed watching all my nice DVD collection in a widescreen coupled with an upconverting DVD player to match my display native resolution  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2007 at 09:37 AM by pchin »

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2007 at 08:24 PM »
Anyway, in a way I'm glad I took the plunge as I've enjoyed watching all my nice DVD collection in a widescreen coupled with an upconverting DVD player to match my display native resolution  ;)

hi pchin can you share what upscaling player do you have? TIA!  ;D
Back from the grave!

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2007 at 09:11 PM »
hi pchin can you share what upscaling player do you have? TIA!  ;D

I'm using an old SONY DVD player model DVP-NS92V which can upconvert SD DVD to either 720p or 1080i  :)

Offline alx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 09:38 AM »
jas went to anson makati yesterday.. wala na daw un promo sa 37bx5m na free 30gb ipod at 29in tv. so dey drop the price to 104k srp. parang tinangal lng nila un price ng ipod at crt tv!!!

is der any other brand na mas mura na 37in kesa sharp..??

Offline baboinsky

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 09:51 AM »
jas went to anson makati yesterday.. wala na daw un promo sa 37bx5m na free 30gb ipod at 29in tv. so dey drop the price to 104k srp. parang tinangal lng nila un price ng ipod at crt tv!!!

that's the reason why i didn't buy in to the promo.  Computations will say that you're paying for the supposedly free items.

;D

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 09:58 AM »
I haven't seen discussions about the Sharp Aquos LCD TV's here in Pinoydvd.  Do we have members here who own this model? If so, kamusta naman ang performance nya? I'm looking into the possibility of purchasing the 32inch model at 95999php (cash payment)/99,999(credit card that can be broken down to 6/12/24 months deffered payments).  Plus you get the wall bracket free, a 21" TV, and a 30Gig Ipod Video.

Ok kaya itong deal na ito? My obeservation kasi is most members in this forum are leaning torwards the samsung LCD Tv, which is a little bit expensive compared to Aquos. 

Thanks!

I do not own a sharp Aqos but my brother in the states bought one 3 years ago.  It was a 37 inch unit. He loves the TV and is now buying another one.  The next one will be between 45 to 47 inches I think.  The picture for HD and DVD was GREAT when I viewed it last year. But....In the local market after comparing various products I personally loved the Newest Sony X series which is full 1080p  with all the bells and whistles you could want. .  But it cost way much more than the Aquos.

In HK I recently saw the full new line up of Aquos 1080 p , the Samsung 1080, the Sony and all the rest.   I loved the sony but the aquos was also verrrrry good.  Cheaper price tag in Hong Kong as opposed to the phillies :-\
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 10:05 AM »
that's the reason why i didn't buy in to the promo.  Computations will say that you're paying for the supposedly free items.

;D

All the promotions around get you to buy a TV and then get "vouchers" offering discounts on many other  items but you must add more cash in most cses to buy. But If you intended to buy all those items in the first place then the deal is fairly attractive.  In my opinion many of the companies are offering thopse deals to clear there shelves for the 2007 models which are  now 1080P as opposed to the 720p now in the market?

One company offered me an exceptional deal on Sony TV's using these vouchers and thes are 1080P as well as the other  models.  They also carry other brands as well.  The store was sights and sounds fourth floor in Shangrila plaza.
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 10:14 AM »
There's always the risk of cheaper price within the next 12 months but if Aquos selling strategy is unlike the others: Samsung, SONY, etc that every year they will release different models...and it seems each newer model is better than the other, etc. Otherwise, do expect a price drop but probably not as much as the other brands....like flys dropping  :-[

For example, I bought my SONY HDTV in Jan 2006. Within the next 2 months, it droped by P20,000. By Dec, the price dives to the lowest ravine & I lose out almost P40,000 in total....& I'm still having completed my installment payment pa!  >:(

No doub that prices will drop big time...20% -30% or more more for all HD tvs over the next months/year. It is the same with all new technologies  in all industries.
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2007 at 09:50 AM »

the toshiba 37 inch. is at 89k or so
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline baboinsky

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 06:05 PM »
Just checked the price of the 32" aquos after the promo and it's now down to 69k. The promo last xmas was 99k (includes a 21 inch tv and 30 gig ipod video)

Offline alx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 07:28 PM »
does this mean start na bumaba ang prices ng mga lcd's?  ::)

or should we wait some more...  :-[

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 09:50 PM »
Sana sumunod din ang Samsung etc. :D

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 09:58 AM »
in the samsung thread, sabi daw hahabol si samsung next month  ;D
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all..." - God, from the Simpsons

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 10:00 AM »
Mukang mapapaaga pagbili ko. ;D

Offline alx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 11:27 AM »
baket puro samsung hanap nyo..?? does dis mean hindi maganda ang sharp..

feedbak naman about sharp compare sa samsung.. thanks!  :-[

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 02:18 PM »
Sa totoo lang mas gusto ko tong Sharp kasi mas maganda mga nababasa ko RE this TV sa mga pinupuntahan kong site. Mas mura nga lang kasi yung Samsung kaya siguro mas marami din may gusto. Hehe.

Offline ekswind

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 03:22 PM »
Just checked the price of the 32" aquos after the promo and it's now down to 69k. The promo last xmas was 99k (includes a 21 inch tv and 30 gig ipod video)

they have 2 model for 32 inch.

32AX5M      P 69,998.00    w/ HDMI w/o 15 pin for PCmonitor port        (new promo Avenson only)  12 months to pay
32BX5M      P 99,998.00    w/ 2 port HDMI w/ 15 pin PC monitor port   (same christmas promo)  w/ tv and IPOD free  12 months to pay

37AX5M      P 99,998.00    w/ HDMI w/o 15 pin for PCmonitor port          (new promo Avenson only)  12 months to pay
37BX5M      P 139,998.00  w/ 2 port HDMI w/ 15 pin PC monitor port   (same christmas promo)   w/ tv and IPOD free  12 months to pay

my question is this what model your going to get? 
Remember 37AX5M is only 99,998 same price to 32BX5M the difference is size and 15 pin connector and 2 HDMI input.
 ;D ;D ;D hirap mag decide pls help

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2007 at 03:25 PM by ekswind »

Offline mario128

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 03:44 PM »
The bigger the better. Kung di mo naman masyado need yung extra connection go for the bigger size na lang. ^^

Offline allenwfc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 03:53 PM »
The bigger the better. Kung di mo naman masyado need yung extra connection go for the bigger size na lang. ^^

amen

wala pa yan cash discount mwahaha

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 04:42 PM »
Yes, if everything else being equal or meet your requirements, then go for the bigger display size!  ;)

Or if you're really worry which model will yield better PQ, bring along your upscale DVD player, calibration disc & a few demo DVDs. Judge the quality with your own eyes. If both models have similar result then it's still better to go for a bigger size!  :D

Offline ekswind

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 07:55 AM »
Yes, if everything else being equal or meet your requirements, then go for the bigger display size!  ;)

Or if you're really worry which model will yield better PQ, bring along your upscale DVD player, calibration disc & a few demo DVDs. Judge the quality with your own eyes. If both models have similar result then it's still better to go for a bigger size!  :D

:) Noted

32" to 37" is 30k difference
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2007 at 07:57 AM by ekswind »

Offline ekswind

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 10:58 AM »
they have 2 model for 32 inch.

32AX5M      P 69,998.00    w/ HDMI w/o 15 pin for PCmonitor port        (new promo Avenson only)  12 months to pay
32BX5M      P 99,998.00    w/ 2 port HDMI w/ 15 pin PC monitor port   (same christmas promo)  w/ tv and IPOD free  12 months to pay

37AX5M      P 99,998.00    w/ HDMI w/o 15 pin for PCmonitor port          (new promo Avenson only)  12 months to pay
37BX5M      P 139,998.00  w/ 2 port HDMI w/ 15 pin PC monitor port   (same christmas promo)   w/ tv and IPOD free  12 months to pay

my question is this what model your going to get? 
Remember 37AX5M is only 99,998 same price to 32BX5M the difference is size and 15 pin connector and 2 HDMI input.
 ;D ;D ;D hirap mag decide pls help

:) yahoooooo may bago offer Avenson pasay road 32BX5m  74,998.00 for 12 months   w/o free item

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 11:02 AM »
That's almost 25k saving...looks like a good deal. Good hunting to your new HD display ekswind   ;)