Author Topic: Philips Pixel Plus  (Read 54449 times)

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Philips Pixel Plus
« on: Oct 21, 2002 at 12:54 PM »
To anyone who has this TV already, your inputs would be helpful :) Is this better than Sony w/ DRC? I've been to Megatrade Hall for the Citibank appliance fiesta and saw this TV side-by-side with Brand "S". Sabi sa akin Sony DRC daw yun comparison eh. And it does look better talaga.

..But Sony is still Sony :) i'm willing to pay half the price for a 29" Vega trinitron so I'm still exploring my options.

Offline DViant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
Re:Philips Pixel Plus
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2002 at 02:10 PM »
Hi Furry,

I'm a recent victim of a Philips TV set. I suggest you thoroughly test the set with your AV equipment before you buy. It took a long time til they refunded me.

Offline Kings

• DVD Guru
  • ???
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2002 at 02:32 PM »
Never had a problem with my Philips TV, although not the same model. I have a Matchline 50" RPTV and it worked "1 click" with my HT set-up. :)

Offline Furry

• DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2002 at 03:21 PM »
thanks guys. i will definitely research more before buying. your feedback helps a lot!

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2002 at 05:00 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Dont have the same model pero same brand.

Saw this one in the BPI in Glorietta and you could really notice the difference.  the philips TV is indeed better than brand "S".  dun sa philips parang live yung pinapanood mo.  the people in the TV really comes alive.  

Offline Furry

• DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2002 at 10:25 AM »
Saw the demo units on Glorietta 4 (cinema lobby) of the PixelPlus. They were showing the Gladiator and wala akong masabi. Parang nasa likod lang yun camera man! sobrang linaw talaga and yun mga tao sa movie parang hindi nasa TV! it makes me want to think about this TV set. :)

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2002 at 10:36 AM »
Yup, saw the same thing earlier but at Anson's naman... for a price of Php 130k for the 34" model, mukhang okay but would be nice if they bring it down below 100k ;-)

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2003 at 05:15 PM »
Guys,

any more feedback on this TV model? Who have bought this one na. Im interested in the 34 -in. model.

Offline dongkhoi

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2003 at 05:27 PM »
Guys,

any more feedback on this TV model? Who have bought this one na. Im interested in the 34 -in. model.
I bought the 29 inches last Dec 31 and will be delivered tomorrow. I will post my observation later.

Offline tABs

• Collector
  • Last Man Standing
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2003 at 05:42 PM »
hello guys!

no offense meant but i noticed na every AV store i've been to are using Gladiator as demo movie. Last time i watched this movie, they were using a 41 or 42" Panasonic RPTV with Progressive Scan. It was indeed life-like 'ika nga. IMO, wala sa tv yun ganda nun movie kundi andun sa disk. I watched this movie (R2) using my KV-AR25M80 wega flat,  noticeable yun difference alright but not that much. Maganda pa rin, bottomline.

;D

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2003 at 08:05 AM »
I bought the 29 inches last Dec 31 and will be delivered tomorrow. I will post my observation later.

Thanks, I will wait for your review. Can you post how much for the 29 and any idea for the 34 inch? or just PM me  :)

Offline dongkhoi

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2003 at 09:05 AM »

Thanks, I will wait for your review. Can you post how much for the 29 and any idea for the 34 inch? or just PM me  :)
The 29 inches goes for 88,800 with a free entertainment system worth 20K (I have my friend buy this to reduce my cost) during the promo period with zero interest for 12 months using paylite.
The 34 inches goes for 128,800 with a free entertainment system worth 28,800 (my friend is not willing to buy the free system so i end up buying the 29 only).

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2003 at 02:20 PM »
Hmmm,

Quite expensive. The 29 in price is almost double the 29 matchline PIP. Im eager to know if the performance of these TV's will be commensurate to the price. Im planning an upgrade, thats why. Thanks.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2003 at 07:55 AM »
Does anyone know a site to compare the resolution of a philips pixel plus, sony drc, toshiba hdtv, philips hdtv?  This might help a lot coz on comparison between a Sony DRC and a Pixel Plus as what was demonstrated in various stores is that, maybe the Brand S picture quality was altered a bit so that the Pixel Plus will stand out.  Or maybe the Brand S is an old unit compared to a Pixel Plus.  Marketing ploy ya know.... :-\

Offline bartleby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Good things come to those who wait.
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2003 at 11:23 AM »
I saw a Pixel Plus 29 inch side by side with an ordinary Philips 29 inch (not Pixel Plus) at Automatic Center. The difference is astonishing. The movie being played is Stewart Little. The scene I watched is the toy boat race. The colors are much more alive on the Pixel Plus as if you're looking through a window. :o If I have the dough, I'll buy one.

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2003 at 06:01 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Do you think there would be a day when these TVs would become more affordable?

Ang mahal talaga ng presyo.  ;)

Offline jael

• Collector
  • Still trying hard...
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2003 at 11:23 PM »
i saw one in unimart's automatic centre... the picture was gorgeous! they had other philips tvs showing the same film and the difference is really big. i could only dream of using that with my ps2... if im not mistaken it has a d-terminal, just imagine the display went you use the d-terminal cable for ps2 on that monster tv... (drooling...)
Be without fear in the face of your enemies

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2003 at 01:36 PM »
will the Pixel Plus have a better quality than a normal HDTV playing DVD with progressive scan turned on?

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2003 at 01:37 PM »
Does anyone know a site to compare the resolution of a philips pixel plus, sony drc, toshiba hdtv, philips hdtv?  This might help a lot coz on comparison between a Sony DRC and a Pixel Plus as what was demonstrated in various stores is that, maybe the Brand S picture quality was altered a bit so that the Pixel Plus will stand out.  Or maybe the Brand S is an old unit compared to a Pixel Plus.  Marketing ploy ya know.... :-\

home theater magazine has a great face off review on direct view hdtv's.
heres the link to the article:
The 2002 Direct-View HDTV Face Off

hope this helps
bently
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline tABs

• Collector
  • Last Man Standing
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 12:42 AM »
@ 85-90-96-93-91 rating....looks like nothing beats Sony...  ::)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 12:29 PM »
Philips Pixel Plus had an average of 89 while the Sony has an average of 91 in terms of performance.

Guys be the judge....tsk tsk

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 12:52 PM »
with a very close result on rating, ill go with pixel plus if there if substantial price difference, say P5 K or more on both 34 inchers. Of course, if they are of the same price, Ill go with sony.

Offline dongkhoi

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 05:00 PM »
with a very close result on rating, ill go with pixel plus if there if substantial price difference, say P5 K or more on both 34 inchers. Of course, if they are of the same price, Ill go with sony.

but the difference for the 34 inches is about 29K since Philips has a free entertainment system costing 28,800 and both Sony and Philips cost 128,800. I'm still busy to make a review on Philips pero so far hindi ako nagsisi sa Philips...ANG LINAW LINAW TALAGA!!! :o :o :o
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2003 at 07:36 PM by dongkhoi »

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 05:07 PM »
Teka, lets clarify... You mean Phlps pixel plus 34 cost 128,800 with 28,800 worth freebies, while sony 34 cost 128,800 without freebies.. if so, Ill grab the philips blindfold , kaya lang wala pang pera ;D

Offline tABs

• Collector
  • Last Man Standing
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 05:46 PM »
Freebies or no freebies-
i'd still go for Sony....  ;D

the stats sez it all...  :-*

Offline dongkhoi

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 06:20 PM »
Teka, lets clarify... You mean Phlps pixel plus 34 cost 128,800 with 28,800 worth freebies, while sony 34 cost 128,800 without freebies.. if so, Ill grab the philips blindfold , kaya lang wala pang pera ;D

YES and the DVD is progressive scan na with 5 speakers and an active sub-woofer. a basta ang ganda ganda talaga. Im not saying that Sony is not a good TV but it's way way OVER PRICED!

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #26 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 06:22 PM »
You can get a 34" Sony DRC-MF for Php103,000. If I had that much cash I would have gotten that model.

Offline MeowPao

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 07:18 PM »

For me, those are not freebies; you pay for them.
Some stores are willing to remove the 'freebies' and convert them to a cash discount.

Offline dongkhoi

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jan 16, 2003 at 07:38 PM »

For me, those are not freebies; you pay for them.
Some stores are willing to remove the 'freebies' and convert them to a cash discount.

I went back the other day sa Abenson SM North pero wala ng kasamang 'freebies' pag paylite...only cash purchase na lang for 'freebies'.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2003 at 12:12 PM by dongkhoi »

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jan 17, 2003 at 11:25 AM »
@ 85-90-96-93-91 rating....looks like nothing beats Sony...  ::)

siguro on small sized TVs... pero on big sized TVs, or RPTVs, most callibrators would say that you either go with Mitsubishi, Pioneer, then Sony... in that order.... :)