Author Topic: WD TV HD Media Player  (Read 182361 times)

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: WD TV HD Media Player
« Reply #1470 on: Feb 06, 2010 at 09:19 AM »
i just run the image grabber app, and yes it generated the above pics for every movie you have on your external hard disk automatically, very nice.  :D... i can say it really worked..

i need to test it on my wdtv,,,im yet to arrive in phils sa tuesday, nasa pinas po kase ang wdtv ko...

you can check guys yung ibang apps and custom firmware for wdtv here :

Nice! Thanks for the info....  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline bam777

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1471 on: Feb 23, 2010 at 09:30 AM »
Parang mas maganda kapag ganito.

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #1472 on: Apr 09, 2010 at 06:36 PM »
my in-car wdtv

avi movie pa lang na try ko

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #1473 on: Apr 09, 2010 at 08:30 PM »
my in-car wdtv

Galing, galing bro!  :)

Kilala ko ba yung wdtv na eto?  ;) hehe

Offline itjunkie

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1474 on: Apr 09, 2010 at 10:34 PM »
lol ayus yang in-car wdtv a. hehehe nice setup haha

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1475 on: Apr 10, 2010 at 02:39 AM »
Galing, galing bro!  :)

Kilala ko ba yung wdtv na eto?  ;) hehe

naalala mo pa ang dati mong baby sir ;D

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #1476 on: Apr 10, 2010 at 03:10 AM »
galing brader weng ;D
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1477 on: Apr 10, 2010 at 08:33 AM »
galing ser :)
palagay ko ser GneW na pa- "Thank You WDTV for Pimpin' My Ride!" kayo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1478 on: Apr 10, 2010 at 11:23 AM »
salamat mga sir. natuloy at successful ang project ko using a pre-owned wdtv from sir gaol. kaya lang ang kulit ng mga anak ko panay palit ng movie while on the go. kaya i tend to ignore what they're watching and concentrate driving nalang ;D

Offline itjunkie

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1479 on: Apr 10, 2010 at 04:23 PM »
salamat mga sir. natuloy at successful ang project ko using a pre-owned wdtv from sir gaol. kaya lang ang kulit ng mga anak ko panay palit ng movie while on the go. kaya i tend to ignore what they're watching and concentrate driving nalang ;D

lol kahit hindi sila makulit mgpalit ng movie, you should concentrate more on driving bro.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1480 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 03:53 PM »
I asked my cousin in Hawaii to get me another WD TV LIVE as Im planning to have a bedroom setup naman - unfortunately, mukang WD gen2 ang nakuha nya. Looking at the box, it seems naka DTS na - so no networking nga.

While I still dont know if I'll connect it to a network, I'm still deciding if I'll return it for replacement or just use it nalang :P

Pareho lang kaya ang GUI ng first gen & 2nd gen?

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1481 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 09:13 PM »
naalala mo pa ang dati mong baby sir ;D

Siyempre pa! Happy ako alagang alaga ang dati kong baby hehehe  ;D  ;D

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1482 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 09:20 PM »
I asked my cousin in Hawaii to get me another WD TV LIVE as Im planning to have a bedroom setup naman - unfortunately, mukang WD gen2 ang nakuha nya. Looking at the box, it seems naka DTS na - so no networking nga.

While I still dont know if I'll connect it to a network, I'm still deciding if I'll return it for replacement or just use it nalang :P

Pareho lang kaya ang GUI ng first gen & 2nd gen?

My understanding is that it's exactly the same as the WDTV Live except for networking features. The GUI of the WDTV 1 and Live are practically the same as far as I remember.

Offline badburn

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1483 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM »
yup done this with my movies and tv series in wdtv (gen1) and wdtv live using brad wdlxtv and laurentG FW

Have you tried this homebrew firmware with your WDTV???

I'll try to play with this once i get in touch with my old WDTV...

FROM wdtvforum.com

"This application retrieves movie content from The Movie Db and generates wd_tv.jpg, info.txt (optional), and folder.jpg files in your movie directories. These directories, when read by the Western Digital WD TV, will display a full 1280x720px background image, a 180x240px thumbnail, and movie information instead of the generic WDTV movie thumbnail and background image."

Check this complete How-To in
Code: [Select]
[color=red]http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=3613.0[/color]

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1484 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 11:51 PM »
My understanding is that it's exactly the same as the WDTV Live except for networking features. The GUI of the WDTV 1 and Live are practically the same as far as I remember.

Yes sir, you are correct ;) After doing a bit of research, it seems WD released this 2nd gen silently and caused a lot of confusion - me included ;D It is indeed a WD LIVE but without networking features - which Im still thinking about as my computer is close by anyway.

So if I decide to keep this, then I would've owned all WD players, except for the WD MINI :D ;D

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1485 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 02:16 PM »
I just purchased a WDTV from the local Staples and I'm just frustrated with my initial use of it. I hooked it up via HDMI to my LCD and then inserted a USB thumbdrive (16gig) with some h264 videos(720p) and some divx/xvid, avi, mp4 files and it won't play it. Storage aggregate something. So It hought baka hindi supported ng WDTV yung flash drive, but I used an old 8 gig Kingston and it read the files and played some of it. Some avi divx files it played, some mp4 but the majority of the videos it didnt play and it said to look at the manual to find out how to something or convert files for playback. What the fcuk! I though this was gonna be an easy way for me to just download mkv, avis, or any videos and them play it on my tv. Or does this WDTV require that you actually use a hard drive to connect to and play the videos you want? I even tried updating the firmware via usb (1.01 ata firmware) but it wont even read the firmware files from the usb flash drive. Argh! Help naman guys and gals. Thanks
Model# WDBABF0000NBK-NESN nakalagay sa box.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #1486 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 04:36 PM »
Does this have component out? if yes, can it output 720p/1080i through component?

thanks!

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1487 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 05:30 PM »
I just purchased a WDTV from the local Staples and I'm just frustrated with my initial use of it. I hooked it up via HDMI to my LCD and then inserted a USB thumbdrive (16gig) with some h264 videos(720p) and some divx/xvid, avi, mp4 files and it won't play it. Storage aggregate something. So It hought baka hindi supported ng WDTV yung flash drive, but I used an old 8 gig Kingston and it read the files and played some of it. Some avi divx files it played, some mp4 but the majority of the videos it didnt play and it said to look at the manual to find out how to something or convert files for playback. What the fcuk! I though this was gonna be an easy way for me to just download mkv, avis, or any videos and them play it on my tv. Or does this WDTV require that you actually use a hard drive to connect to and play the videos you want? I even tried updating the firmware via usb (1.01 ata firmware) but it wont even read the firmware files from the usb flash drive. Argh! Help naman guys and gals. Thanks

Is your drive full? Try freeing some space. Or see if you can get ideas from this wdtv forum thread:

http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=4199

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1488 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 07:55 PM »
Is your drive full? Try freeing some space. Or see if you can get ideas from this wdtv forum thread:

http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=4199

Nope, the flash drive isn't even 1/4 full and it just wouldn't play anything. Or at least it was picky at best. I'm going to borrow an external HD and load it with some video files and see if it will play those.

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1489 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 09:11 PM »
Ibalik mo na lang....mukhang Lemon ang nakuha mo.....ang aking WD HDTV 1st gen, lahat binabasa, iyun' nga lang, walang DTS decoder, ang WD HDTV2 mayroon na, tapos sa shootout na na-i-report nila, da' best ang WD HDTV.

Dapat kasi, basahin niyang lahat, sa akin pag puno ang drive, sasabihin nang WD HDTV kasi mag-la-lagay siya nang sarili niyang folder.

OO' nga pala, kung may iba kang HDD player na ginagamit, at na-gamit mo iyun' Flash drive mo, tignan mo na lang baka may hidden files na nag-co-conflict sa WD HDTV mo.  ;)
(pero sa akin, palit palit sa Xteamer, HDPro at Mediagate HDD, lahat pa rin binabasa nang WD HDTV ko)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1490 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 09:39 PM »

After getting the Storage Cannot Aggregate error what did you do? Did you turn it off, returned to home etc? Kasi I always get that error after updating to the latest official firmware. When I get the error I just press the enter button and dumederecho naman siya sa main menu ng WDTV and eventually I get to play the files (avi, mp4 etc).
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1491 on: Apr 23, 2010 at 02:03 AM »
I tried updating the firmware, pero I can't seem to see where the folder or file should be. It's like there's not even an option to see the update files coz maski sa folder options e hindi makita. Weird and probably a lemon nga pero I'll wait til I am able to borrow an HD and get some video files there and connect it to the WDTV. Good thing madali magsaoli ng mga items dito kung di ka satisfied.  ;D

Offline lanzor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1492 on: Apr 25, 2010 at 11:19 AM »
newbie question, what model of WD plays all formats? including DTS decoder? thanks!

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1493 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 05:25 AM »
Good morning Sirs!

I'm seriously considering this NMT and after reading through some of the posts, I'm assuming the WDTV Live is the one to opt for. So, tama po ba pagkakaintindi ko na etong dalawa sa list ay ang Gen2?

1. WDTV Live (Model: WDBAAN0000NBK)
- has networking features
- DD & DTS Decoder

2. WDTV (Model: WDBABF0000NBK)
- no network capability
- DD & DTS Decoder

On another note, after reading some of the posts, it seemed to me that the other members prefer the Gen1 (correct me if I'm wrong). If this is true, can you please give insights over this preference?

Thank you all in advanced!

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1494 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 07:00 AM »
@badburn and kolokoys - pa-post naman ng link ng homebrew (or alernative link) firmware. For some reason I can't pull the page using the link from the previous post.
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline bekoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1495 on: May 06, 2010 at 09:06 AM »
hi guys! I just want to know your opinion about these media players? is the audio and picture quality the same as the DVD? TIA! ;D

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1496 on: May 06, 2010 at 01:03 PM »
bekoy all HD media players can play 720-1080p files which are better than standard DVD hehe.  go to the NMT  main section so you can research on all models available.
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline aldarang

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1497 on: May 06, 2010 at 07:01 PM »
hello WD owners, meron ba sa inyo naka experience na after sometime of playing nag slow motion at nawala ang audio? na experience ko lang ito nung nagpalit ako ng hard disks. Gen1 WDTV + 1TB MyBook Essential. Di pa ako nag upgrade ng firmware sa latest version.
salamat

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #1498 on: May 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM »
my in-car wdtv

very nice bro :)

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1499 on: May 12, 2010 at 09:39 PM »
San nga pwede bumili ng WDTV remote? I think my remote just got tired and retired  ;D Nababagsak kasi lagi ng mga kids ko. Its not fuctioning na.
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV