Author Topic: Marantz Receivers  (Read 269745 times)

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: Marantz Receivers
« Reply #930 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 11:34 AM »
sirs,
can you connect a 4 ohm speaker to the marantz4500? what the nominal impedance requirement?

Im using a 2ohm speaker on my Marantz 4400 since Nov2004.  Im using it everynight from 10pm to 8am.  Ma bisyo yung mga anak ko eh, ayaw matulog ng walang sounds.

Just make sure AMP has enough ventilations.

Offline backdraft

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #931 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 12:32 PM »
Aftersales.

can we get marantz from other dealers?

I had the same choices before and I ended up getting the Marantz 4500. HK 130 (at the time was my second choice) was pricer and wasn't 7.1.

I'd still go for the Marantz, though it's harder to match it's Gold color with other equipment and the HK135 is much more expensive. I just hope that I don't have to deal with the after sales service of 5th ave. 

that's also my problem with the marantz, i haven't seen any other color than gold, but saw a silver and a black colored 4500 sa internet. la ba talaga ibang kulay dito sa atin?

so you guys are leaning towards the marantz, which is more powerful between the two, is it the marantz 80wpc or the hk's 40wpc (all channel driven)? nakakahilo mamili ng receiver  ;D meron pa denon 1705.  ???

thank you guys for your feedbacks!

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #932 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 12:39 PM »
can we get marantz from other dealers?

I recall seeing Marantzes in Electronics Depot. But you still have to deal w/ the distributor, AVESCO (the real culprit). 5th Ave is affiliated w/ AVESCO so 5th has been synonymous w/ AVESCO.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #933 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 02:40 PM »
that's also my problem with the marantz, i haven't seen any other color than gold, but saw a silver and a black colored 4500 sa internet. la ba talaga ibang kulay dito sa atin?

Im using silver sr4400. Mas prefer ko silver kasi parang di kumukupas unlike gold or black.

Offline shotgun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Noob
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #934 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 02:49 PM »
The guys here would definitely go for Marantz since it's the Marantz Forum :P You can try asking the HK guys as well. As for the wattage, I know that the 4500 puts out less than 80w on 7.1 while HK underates their specs and shells out above 50watts per channel on surround mode.
+63917-8261578

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #935 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 03:23 PM »
The guys here would definitely go for Marantz since it's the Marantz Forum :P You can try asking the HK guys as well. As for the wattage, I know that the 4500 puts out less than 80w on 7.1 while HK underates their specs and shells out above 50watts per channel on surround mode.

If I have money, I'll choose Rotel or Sunfire or Integra.

However I choose Marantz considering the price and performance.

I have Marantz but I can also answer questions even if you ask for different brands...

I accept that there are better brands than Marantz.

Offline Gubs

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #936 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 03:41 PM »
Hello,

Before I got the 4500,the choice was between it and the older hk130 at the time. Different sites around the net tested the 4500 putting out around 75 real watts with 5 channels driven.One Finnish site had it outputting over a hundred watts per channel with 4 ohm loads.
The power plus its newer features and Marantz rep for musical recievers and amps won it for me.If the newer Hks had been around at the time the choice would have been harder for the 130 I auditioned in diiferent stores always sounded good.
Just  for comparison various sites with tests for real wattage gave brand Y entry level around 25 watts /5channels driven. Brand D 15 to 20 watts .I know theres more to sound than watts.But having more headroom makes high volume low distortion listening possible.Plus gives more choices speaker wise where sensitivity is not as critical.Hope this helps
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2005 at 03:56 PM by Gubs »

Offline john martin

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #937 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 03:16 PM »
Would you know what kind of built in DAC Marantz uses for its receivers.  I know its 24/192 but would you know if its Burr Brown or Philips or other brands.

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 03:52 PM »
so you guys are leaning towards the marantz, which is more powerful between the two, is it the marantz 80wpc or the hk's 40wpc (all channel driven)?

don't be dismayed now, but you would hardly know the difference between the two, even if you played them side by side using the same type speakers.

just pick the one that pleases your ears and your wallet.
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline shotgun

• Collector
  • Noob
  • Liked:
« Reply #939 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 04:29 PM »
don't be dismayed now, but you would hardly know the difference between the two, even if you played them side by side using the same type speakers.

just pick the one that pleases your ears and your wallet.

I did the same comparison and chose what my eyes liked better... good luck with your choice. What's important is that you enjoy what you purchased. Cheers.
+63917-8261578

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #940 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 08:11 PM »
FYI: Marantz 4600 is already available. 7.1 ch, support all surround formats including HDCD.

Price around 21K.

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #941 on: Nov 22, 2005 at 03:31 AM »
at what volume do you usually listen on your marantz4500? ako kasi -15 parang mahina pa (Dolby Digital) or talagang mahina pa siya at that point? using b&w speaker po pala. thanks in advance

Offline shotgun

• Collector
  • Noob
  • Liked:
« Reply #942 on: Nov 22, 2005 at 08:45 AM »
That's about right for me.

I user Monitor Audio speakers at a distance of about 3-4 meters. For HT, my volume levels range from -20 to -10 but with an average of -15.
+63917-8261578

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #943 on: Nov 22, 2005 at 01:51 PM »
depends on the source and decoding... DTS can be louder than DD...so in that case -25 to -20 (DTS) & for DD sometimes -15 to -10.

Offline alog

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #944 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 11:49 AM »
FYI: Marantz 4600 is already available. 7.1 ch, support all surround formats including HDCD.

Price around 21K.

Sir sino at saan authorized dealer ng marantz ngayon? I'll buy an av receiver next week. How does it fair wit HK135 and onkyo 503. Thanks

Offline shotgun

• Collector
  • Noob
  • Liked:
« Reply #945 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 11:55 AM »
bought in by Avesco, retailed by 5the Ave. They have branches in Park Square Makati and Shangrila Mall.

The 4500 fairs well against the HK135. It's cheaper too. I chose the 4500 againts the HK130 because of looks.
+63917-8261578

Offline alog

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #946 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 12:03 PM »
bought in by Avesco, retailed by 5the Ave. They have branches in Park Square Makati and Shangrila Mall.

The 4500 fairs well against the HK135. It's cheaper too. I chose the 4500 againts the HK130 because of looks.

Thanks shotgun.

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #947 on: Nov 24, 2005 at 12:25 PM »
Plus the 4500 supports DTS 96/24

Offline 18hz

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #948 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 12:06 AM »
Hi guys, I got an SR5400 rated at 90w X6 (8ohms) but haven't tested it
since bought exactly 1 week tomorrow. Actually I tried selling it since day 1
pero mapipilitan din yata ako gamitin. Just want to ask those who owned
amps with high power rating like mine, concern lang talaga ako sa kain sa
kuryente kasi nga my unit is 400w ang consumption. Then I ask din yung
store na pinagbilhan ko kung applicable sa atin ang 230v 50hz power
(di ko kasi nacheck nung binibili ko) frequency sabi naman nya wala naman
daw problema, totoo kaya ito? alam ko kasi sa atin 50/60hz. Patay ako kay
misis nito pa nalaman napabili na naman ako. Please give me advise mga
tols to sell (less30%) or to keep & enjoy?.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #949 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 05:44 AM »

Keep and enjoy muna. Saka mo na lang ibenta. Don't worry about the 400 watts. Normally, 1-2 watts per channel lang naman magagamit mo.

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #950 on: Nov 27, 2005 at 04:17 AM »
sir shotgun thanks for your reply.and also to you sir kt....para kasing nahihinaan ako pag nasa -15.na-noticed ko lang naman to lalo when watching 20th century fox dvd's? (baka ako lang nakapansin..hehe) minsan tuloy parang feeling ko bitin yung power nung 4500 sa akin or baka ma under power yung amp dun sa speaker.pero di naman siya mahirap idrive di ba?...pero may transfer naman na minsan -20 palang e parang malakas na siya.

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #951 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 01:47 AM »
bro ronjet! depends din kasi yun sa source pansin mo if nasanay ka lets say sa -20 for some then for some sources naman mahina...try mo din mag add sa gain ng per channel mo baka makatulong yun...

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #952 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 10:10 AM »
ronjet,

My movie watching is usually -15 rin. Sometimes, medyo mahina din feeling ko at -15 with some DVDs and I even watch at -10db.

Actually, in my system, the 0db is the setting that should pump out sound as the director intended it to be. I calibrate using Avia Video Essentials. Kaso, I live in a condo and nakakahiya to watch that way.  :)

Offline alog

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #953 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 12:12 PM »
Plus the 4500 supports DTS 96/24

Thank you sir.

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #954 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 12:28 PM »

keep & enjoy muna and dont worry sa power consumption, 400w is the maximum power comsumption provided that you listen to the maximum auido level 100% of the time (like listening to non-stop rock music at +18db audio level). Since di naman tayo nakikinig ng ganoong level especially movies (dialogs are of course consume lesser wattage than full-blast effects scenes). And yes, the 50Hz cycles is not a problem at all.

Offline Philander

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #955 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 12:32 PM »
sir shotgun thanks for your reply.and also to you sir kt....para kasing nahihinaan ako pag nasa -15.na-noticed ko lang naman to lalo when watching 20th century fox dvd's? (baka ako lang nakapansin..hehe) minsan tuloy parang feeling ko bitin yung power nung 4500 sa akin or baka ma under power yung amp dun sa speaker.pero di naman siya mahirap idrive di ba?...pero may transfer naman na minsan -20 palang e parang malakas na siya.

anong speaker gamit mo with the 4500? anong sensitivity?

My reference volume is -12db, malakas na yun, paired with MS 914. But my average listening level is around -16db.

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #956 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 02:39 PM »
Sir Philander,im using b&w 600 series speakers and b&wds6 surround. i think 90+ naman lahat ng sensitivity which you guys said na rin na it is easy to drive. i only noticed it lang especially those 20th century fox releases. minsan namn parang nakakatakot iadjust yung volume to -0.baka masira speaker.hehe. ok pa din ba yung ganung volume or not? ill try to watch at -10 to -8.siguro laki na nang difference..

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #957 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 02:41 PM »
ronjet,

My movie watching is usually -15 rin. Sometimes, medyo mahina din feeling ko at -15 with some DVDs and I even watch at -10db.

Actually, in my system, the 0db is the setting that should pump out sound as the director intended it to be. I calibrate using Avia Video Essentials. Kaso, I live in a condo and nakakahiya to watch that way.  :)

sir myki, di ba your using dynaudio speakers? ;D ok lang ba kahit -10 na siya? hehe.. kelan ba na pa-fry ang speaker?hindi ko po kasi alam pagdating sa mga ganito na..thanks

Offline shotgun

• Collector
  • Noob
  • Liked:
« Reply #958 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 02:51 PM »
sir myki, di ba your using dynaudio speakers? ;D ok lang ba kahit -10 na siya? hehe.. kelan ba na pa-fry ang speaker?hindi ko po kasi alam pagdating sa mga ganito na..thanks

I'm not worried with frying the speakers. They can take a lot. If you listen at -10, make sure you give good ventilation to the 4500. I only have a 2 inch gap above the Marantz, so I placed directional PCI fan I got from my old PC stuff and set it at 9 volts. It's able to suck hot air out and force it out the front of the gap. Because of this, even ambient heat that I used to feel on the wood on top of the 4500 is gone. The manual suggests to have at least 6 inches (if i remember correctly) gap above the vents of the 4500.
+63917-8261578

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #959 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 05:51 PM »
I'm not worried with frying the speakers. They can take a lot. If you listen at -10, make sure you give good ventilation to the 4500. I only have a 2 inch gap above the Marantz, so I placed directional PCI fan I got from my old PC stuff and set it at 9 volts. It's able to suck hot air out and force it out the front of the gap. Because of this, even ambient heat that I used to feel on the wood on top of the 4500 is gone. The manual suggests to have at least 6 inches (if i remember correctly) gap above the vents of the 4500.

thanks sir shotgun! :)....i think it has a good ventilation since it is still not place on an av rack, just sitted in the front floor of the tv. :) now im more comfortable on listening and setting it on a much higher volume level. :D