Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 409203 times)

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #210 on: Oct 16, 2009 at 04:55 PM »
How do you attach the stand? Nakapatong lang ba or is there a way to lock it in place?

The stand locks into place.

If you are facing the front panel of the Xtreamer, you have to slide the base from back to front.

Push up on the base while sliding it forward so that the the small plastic tab on the base can engage the receiving slot in the Xtreamer.

Try to examine the inter-locking 'system' to save yourself time.

Offline leftover

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #211 on: Oct 16, 2009 at 04:59 PM »
How do you attach the stand? Nakapatong lang ba or is there a way to lock it in place?

... a notch on the stand would latch thru a hole near the fan, just slide it in and it fits perfectly. But imo it would be better to lay the unit on its side for the exhaust fan to work more efficiently, as the stand would impede the flow somehow when it is upright.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Your question
« Reply #212 on: Oct 16, 2009 at 05:08 PM »
Does Xtreamer has a torrent support? Thanks

Some hackers took a peek into the firmware of the Xtreamer and found that Transmission BT client is already inside.  However, the manufacturer has not enabled the feature at this time.  We aren't sure what their plans are.

However, they encourage users to consider using the e-TRAYz Personal Web Server which will have the necessary 'horsepower" for heavy network and I/O intensive tasks (such as streaming files to multiple PC's and media players) while using BT and Usenet clients, etc.  This will help you to avoid degrading the speed and performance of your Xtreamer.
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2009 at 05:12 PM by Bitstream »

Offline andrei

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Oct 16, 2009 at 08:36 PM »
i can use the side cooler. my unit gets pretty warm on the left side mga 10-15 minutes into the movie. fan is set to medium

kaya pala umiinit is because i may have improperly installed the stand, blocking the fan. i took the stand out and made the unit lie on its side. ngayon wala nang init

Offline francisco22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 09:25 AM »
Bitstream,

Got my extreamer yesterday...updated the firmaware. And set up the wireless connectivity. It got my wifi signal.
and i entered my wep password. So every thing is ok . But when of go to the menu and enter internet its not entering. Theres this red circle thats turning for a few seconds then it stops.

I need help on this... :)

Oh by the way watched Night at the Museum with the kids last night. They loved it...hehehehe
Thaknks,

Franics

Offline keymaker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 02:09 PM »
... a notch on the stand would latch thru a hole near the fan, just slide it in and it fits perfectly. But imo it would be better to lay the unit on its side for the exhaust fan to work more efficiently, as the stand would impede the flow somehow when it is upright.

The stand locks into place.

If you are facing the front panel of the Xtreamer, you have to slide the base from back to front.

Push up on the base while sliding it forward so that the the small plastic tab on the base can engage the receiving slot in the Xtreamer.

Try to examine the inter-locking 'system' to save yourself time.

Thanks but I opted to put it on its side because the unit gets warm quite fast.  I've put the fan on high setting but it's not noisy as some had said in other forums.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 02:13 PM »
Guys take note lang that the unit's print on the sides easily comes off. If you plan to put it on the side, not standing up with its mount, sure na gasgas agad yan and the print will be removed.  Best to buy those rubber feet that you can stick to the bottom
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #217 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 04:17 PM »
I got myself one of this! pag dating ko ng bahay I watched the two movies that have problems on my dtv..the harry potter 4 2nd mkv file which has no audio and my LOTR3 EE which only outputs stereo even it is encoded with 5.1  and both files played great na

my questions regarding the unit.
can I not create a playlist? do I have to create a playlist in the PC first and save the pls file?

why does it not support mkv chapters?my wdtv supports it..I have eagles concert and the songs are divided into chapters so its not hard for me to skip through songs..i can't do it in xtreamer..it only skips 30 secs or 3 mins..there is a chapter on the goto button but it does not work

I too find the stand as a hindrance to the fan..I have some rubber feets so I might lay it on the side..

I like the remote..responsive and it has the frequently accessed menus such as preview, setup, menu etc
I also like the zoom function..it lets you increment the x and y axis independently
Loading time is fast..love it!
It also resumes the movie where you left it even if you turned off the unit..saves me some time on finding where I left off.
copying is also handy..but how come there is no delete??there is a delete button but I am not sure for what?
I also like that there are developments on the product..the firmware support is great..I hope that they will accomplish everything they claimed..but I am confident they would.

I want to maximize this so ill be setting up a wireless netork on my parents house..It has so many features that I hope I can all utilize one some day.

I am not sure about this but I think the PQ of wdtv is slightly better than this..need to get my eyes checked.. ???

I need to teach my parents again how to navigate this one..I hope when the new gui is released and the jukebox already working it will save me since now its like navigating thru a PC.

ill post some more comments after I tinker with it more

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2009 at 04:31 PM by disturbed »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 04:30 PM »
Bitstream,

Got my extreamer yesterday...updated the firmaware. And set up the wireless connectivity. It got my wifi signal.
and i entered my wep password. So every thing is ok . But when of go to the menu and enter internet its not entering. Theres this red circle thats turning for a few seconds then it stops.

I need help on this... :)

Oh by the way watched Night at the Museum with the kids last night. They loved it...hehehehe
Thaknks,

Franics

Hi Francis,

I'm glad your kids enjoyed the movie.  Galing 'no?

When you set up the wi-fi connecton and entered your WEP key, did the Xtreamer test the connection and give you an 'ok' message?

Did you choose Infrastructure mode?

Is your router capable of Wireless-N?  What model is it?

How is the wi-fi signal strength?  Is the Xtreamer very far from your router?  Are there many walls or floors in the way of the signal?  Do you have cordless phones that might be interfering with the signal?

If there is an unacceptably long delay in getting a response from the router, your Xtreamer will not display the Internet content menus.

If your WEP key is entered incorrectly, you will not get an internet connection.

Try rebooting your router. Pull the power from your Xtreamer.  See if there is any improvement in the situation.  You may want to try testing the wi-fi at a shorter distance from the router.

If you notice that the Xtreamer takes a long time before it allows you to use the remote control again, then you should suspect something is wrong with one of the above.

Hope you can get the Xtreamer on you network soon.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 04:54 PM »
I got myself one of this! pag dating ko ng bahay I watched the two movies that have problems on my dtv..the harry potter 4 2nd mkv file which has no audio and my LOTR3 EE which only outputs stereo even it is encoded with 5.1  and both files played great na

my questions regarding the unit.
can I not create a playlist? do I have to create a playlist in the PC first and save the pls file?
Yes, you have to create a playlist on your PC and save the .pls file.  You can read about this in the Xtreamer Official Forum www.forum.xtreamer.net

why does it not support mkv chapters?my wdtv supports it..I have eagles concert and the songs are divided into chapters so its not hard for me to skip through songs..i can't do it in xtreamer..it only skips 30 secs or 3 mins..there is a chapter on the goto button but it does not work
Somebody posted a message (about the absence of .mkv chapter support) in the Xtreamer Official Forum.  Keep your fingers crossed that this feature will be supporte in a future firmware update.

I too find the stand as a hindrance to the fan..I have some rubber feets so I might lay it on the side.
I'm not sure if it's necessary to lay it on its side, but I don't see any problem with doing so. I have not read about customer in other countries who have done that.

I like the remote..responsive and it has the frequently accessed menus such as preview, setup, menu etc
I also like the zoom function..it lets you increment the x and y axis independently
Loading time is fast..love it!

It also resumes the movie where you left it even if you turned off the unit..saves me some time on finding where I left off.

copying is also handy..but how come there is no delete??there is a delete button but I am not sure for what?
There is a a DELETE function.  Press the '8' (FUNC) key on your remote to bring up the Function Menu.

I also like that there are developments on the product..the firmware support is great..I hope that they will accomplish everything they claimed..but I am confident they would.

I want to maximize this so ill be setting up a wireless netork on my parents house..It has so many features that I hope I can all utilize one some day.

I am not sure about this but I think the PQ of wdtv is slightly better than this..need to get my eyes checked.. ???
I can recommend an ophthalmologist (just kidding!)

I need to teach my parents again how to navigate this one..I hope when the new gui is released and the jukebox already working it will save me since now its like navigating thru a PC.

ill post some more comments after I tinker with it more

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2009 at 05:29 PM by Bitstream »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Control your Xtreamer from your iPhone
« Reply #220 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 05:05 PM »
Have you seen this?

From the Xtreamer Official Forum   http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4524

Dear friends and community members

in our growing effort to improve and enhance your experience with the xtreamer we are happy to announce the completion of the iPhone remote control gateway built in our device as from firmware version 2

all you will need to do is to goto safari in your iphone and type

http://your device ip address/rc

you will be able to fully control your device with this one

we are now building a full appstore app and optimizing the resolution for android and even blackberry.

you will be able to control your device not only from iphone but virtually from any device or even your PC web browser.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2009 at 05:24 PM by Bitstream »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Firmware and goodies
« Reply #221 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 06:02 PM »
From the Xtreamer Official Forum:

Some of us moderators talked to the admin last night (I missed the chance watching a movie doh!), so walking through the chat log, here is an update for us waiting customers:

* FW is delayed a little bit. I couldn't find out from the log if this is referring to the current delay or if there will be another delay but he said little bit of delay.  Update:  Firmware is already with the beta-testers as of Oct. 16, 2009

* They have achieved breakthroughs in development concerning the used technologies and he doesn't use "breakthrough" for each feature. These improvements will bring new possibilities to our Xtreamers.

* Network speed issues have been solved.

* HD Audio (dts / Dolby) and FLAC issues have been solved.

* Codebase has been optimized a lot and improvement is an ongoing process.

Other non FW 2.0 related news:

* One of the best iPhone/android development team was working with them on a mobile phone remote control solution for Xtreamer. Windows Mobile was also mentioned in an earlier chat.

* Official mod kit (passive cooling solution) will be announced soon.

Last but not least: they have more goodies in the queue...!
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2009 at 06:09 PM by Bitstream »

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #222 on: Oct 17, 2009 at 06:14 PM »

This is something I really need . ;)

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:48 AM »
 ^ i hope that pertains to the wireless network. ;).
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:49 AM by HD_MOVIES »

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 07:29 AM »
open po ba ang office nyo ng saturday or better sunday?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 09:40 AM »
open po ba ang office nyo ng saturday or better sunday?

Closed weekends, sorry.

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
Re: Firmware and goodies
« Reply #226 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:18 PM »
From the Xtreamer Official Forum:

Some of us moderators talked to the admin last night (I missed the chance watching a movie doh!), so walking through the chat log, here is an update for us waiting customers:

* FW is delayed a little bit. I couldn't find out from the log if this is referring to the current delay or if there will be another delay but he said little bit of delay.  Update:  Firmware is already with the beta-testers as of Oct. 16, 2009

* They have achieved breakthroughs in development concerning the used technologies and he doesn't use "breakthrough" for each feature. These improvements will bring new possibilities to our Xtreamers.

* HD Audio (dts / Dolby) and FLAC issues have been solved.   * Codebase has been optimized a lot and improvement is an ongoing process.

Other non FW 2.0 related news:

* One of the best iPhone/android development team was working with them on a mobile phone remote control solution for Xtreamer. Windows Mobile was also mentioned in an earlier chat.

* Official mod kit (passive cooling solution) will be announced soon.

Last but not least: they have more goodies in the queue...!

Just a clarification, what specifically are the HD problem with DTS and Dolby Digital with Xtreamer?

Has anyone here who has purchased Xtreamer experienced these problems?

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:28 PM »
Thanks again Eric for the wonderful product. Already watched several movies from hundreds of my movies and it played flawlessly, not a single hitch or hiccup. Not even a problem with the 18gb Tranformers Fallen, really enjoyed it. PQ was way better than the previous ones I got.

I'll try to drop by this week for the wi-fi dongle. Thanks again. :)
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2009 at 08:50 PM by XmeTaL »

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM »

same here bro.....i guess they are all the same ( already tested different nmt's ) but this one is the closest so far to wdtv's PQ

Offline TheJoker

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 03:54 PM »
sir... how much po kung wifi dongle lang...???

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 04:31 PM »
Thanks again Eric for the wonderful product. Already watched several movies from hundreds of my movies and it played flawlessly, not a single hitch or hiccup. Not even a problem with the 80gb Tranformers Fallen, really enjoyed it. PQ was way better than the previous ones I got.

I'll try to drop by this week for the wi-fi dongle. Thanks again. :)

Makes me very happy to know that you're pleased with the product.  Thanks for your support and the kind words!

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 04:34 PM »
sir... how much po kung wifi dongle lang...???

PM'd you.

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #232 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 05:12 PM »
i also like how you can modify the subtitles  ;D

sana dumating na bago FW  :D

sir eric next time ill get the dongle pag nakabili na ako appropriate gears

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 07:36 PM »
This is something I really need . ;)

From XtreamerAdmin

(2) on the 12.10.2009 (October 12, 2009 to us) we will introduce you version 2.0 new firmware based on the newest SDK that address core system speed issues and improved playback and more efficient chipset workflow.
with HD GUI and improved core elements , major bug fixes of faster networking speed in both wired and wireless and new internet radio (live radio + shoutcast ) and powerful music jukebox that fully supports PLS files and even BD ISO support with hopefully Blu Ray menus

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
DVD Player and Blu-ray Player attached to Xtreamer
« Reply #234 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 07:52 PM »
Click on the links to see the YouTube videos:

DVD Player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEk0XTrja0E

Blu-ray Player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly1vCz6I02U
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2009 at 08:19 AM by Bitstream »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
TVersity on Xtreamer
« Reply #235 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 08:08 PM »
What is TVersity?

From Wikepedia:

TVersity Media Server is a software package that allows a personal computer to stream content to UPnP devices, such as the Xtreamer (added by Bitstream to this post), Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii, regardless of the limitations of the device.[1] For example, the Xbox 360 does not support certain codecs or Internet videos such as YouTube. TVersity Media Server transcodes the video on the PC into a compatible codec and then streams it to the device.[2]

TVersity aims to:

* Deliver any media to any device
    * Provide a Personal Entertainment Guide (PEG) by allowing users to create a personalized lineup of channels.
    * Provide Content Guides by making it easy to access links via organized lists of multimedia content
    * Multimedia Social Networking - allowing users to share links with other users

While built from open source components, TVersity Media Server as a whole is not (except for the bundled codecs), though the download is currently free to home users.

Click on the link to see TVersity on the Xtreamer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GafDZsAc2mc

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #236 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 10:47 PM »
I just read from page 1 to 8, good thing I got a new pair of glasses whew!

I must admit though, I'm having a headache with all the features and how I will be able to use them. But the number of supported files is just so amazing. I really need to study more on how to maximize the use of this great product.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:45 AM »
Hi Bitstream.

Pakilinaw lang.

Is the capability to bitstream/decode HD audiostreams contained in pure BD rips "present tense but buggy" or "totally future tense". 

I reviewed this entire thread and I see a big discrepancy.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 09:20 AM »
Hi Bitstream.

Pakilinaw lang.

Is the capability to bitstream/decode HD audiostreams contained in pure BD rips "present tense but buggy" or "totally future tense". 

I reviewed this entire thread and I see a big discrepancy.

Hi Clondalkin,

As far as I can see in the Xtreamer Official Forum, this is "totally future tense".  (Perhaps some called it a bug because the HD Audio capability was indicated as part of the final specs, but was not yet implemented in the earlier firmware releases up to and including Ver. 1.0.3.1)

A quote from SeeMoreDigital:

One of the features of the "high-def" audio formats is they include a "std-def" capable core. Which can be passed via SPDIF to non HDMI surround sound amplifiers.

The Xtreamer is slated to support "high-def" audio formats when firmwares based around the new SDK are released in October.

Some added info for everybody, also from SeeMoreDigital:

The term "High-def audio" refers to the new lossless audio formats that can be found on Blu-ray ie: Dolby Digital True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio. They were developed to be passed via HDMI. However, they both contain a (near standard) Dolby Digital or DTS bit-stream core that can be passed via SPDIF.

Offline francisco22

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 11:38 AM »
Hi Bitstream,

When you set up the wi-fi connecton and entered your WEP key, did the Xtreamer test the connection and give you an 'ok' message?
Yes it gave an ok message. It already recognizes my wifi signal...

Did you choose Infrastructure mode?
Yes

Is your router capable of Wireless-N?  What model is it?
I have to check...=)

How is the wi-fi signal strength?  Is the Xtreamer very far from your router?  Are there many walls or floors in the way of the signal?  Do you have cordless phones that might be interfering with the signal?

Strength 50%. and yes my room is on the 2nd floor. The signal comes from below...

If there is an unacceptably long delay in getting a response from the router, your Xtreamer will not display the Internet content menus.

If your WEP key is entered incorrectly, you will not get an internet connection.

Try rebooting your router. Pull the power from your Xtreamer.  See if there is any improvement in the situation.  You may want to try testing the wi-fi at a shorter distance from the router.

If you notice that the Xtreamer takes a long time before it allows you to use the remote control again, then you should suspect something is wrong with one of the above.

Hope you can get the Xtreamer on you network soon.

I think it has some thing to do with the signal....ill try is at a closer range...have to figure out how to bring the router closer to my room...hehehe thanks!!!